View Full Version : Happiness

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 09:44 PM
What is it?

Confidence? Sense of purpose? Feeling of contentness? Continual optimism?

Ignorance?

Please, tell me what makes you happy, and is it fleeting, or does it keep keep you sane?

I find these happy people seem to be able to stay desensitized like 80% of the time, they don't seem to give a shit, like an un-worrying state of mind, I want that bad.

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Also a steady obedience to authority seems to be a stable trait in this collective.

mxzombie
08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
a satisfying self-image and acceptable level of self-esteem and confidence are certainly characteristics i would consider either causes or manifestations of happiness (not sure which really)

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
a satisfying self-image and acceptable level of self-esteem and confidence are certainly characteristics i would consider either causes or manifestations of happiness (not sure which really)

Yes well put, self-image is certainly defining, though a false self image is also paradoxical in the happiness factor. Say for instance, I am quite content with the way I look, but I don't really care about the impression it gives off, for looks are false evaluation (they only answer physical defintion), I can't proceed to think everyone will judge me equally based on looks, therefore a degree of ignorance will have to sustain my ability to be completely content. Self-esteem is probably the defining term, but there is so many factors that will make your self-esteem be to a content level within social matters, which is what I guess im getting at here. I think a mixture of people's attitudes towards happiness will garnish the definitives we are looking for to compound this definition.

mayday
08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
"to love and to be loved is the greatest happiness"

self love and to share love with others

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Ok im being a retard about self-image here, of course it encompasses more than a physical description. Yes, it aslo revolves around contentness within the social impression one gives, are you happy with that reflection? I think this can be quite telling, well for myself, I know I have to act alot to please many people even if quite shallowly to acquaintances. I think many people do this, be it work or some other false commitment, I think happiness is most accomplished when you can be yourself, totally honest within social perspective.

mxzombie
08-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Ok im being a retard about self-image here, of course it encompasses more than a physical description. Yes, it aslo revolves around contentness within the social impression one gives, are you happy with that reflection? I think this can be quite telling, well for myself, I know I have to act alot to please many people even if quite shallowly to acquaintances. I think many people do this, be it work or some other false commitment, I think happiness is most acaomplished when you can be yourself, totally honest within social perspective.that's pretty much what i was getting at. the last thing i want to do with my life is spend it kissing someone's ass for a living

ravenguy2000
08-30-2008, 10:18 PM
it's a movie with the greatest ending ever filmed

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6c6FABlLyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6c6FABlLyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mayday
08-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Ok im being a retard about self-image here, of course it encompasses more than a physical description. Yes, it aslo revolves around contentness within the social impression one gives, are you happy with that reflection? I think this can be quite telling, well for myself, I know I have to act alot to please many people even if quite shallowly to acquaintances. I think many people do this, be it work or some other false commitment, I think happiness is most accomplished when you can be yourself, totally honest within social perspective.

you do not really have to "act to please many people". by loving yourself, your true self- who you are all the time regardless of who you are with, you can live from that perspective all the time. people will most certaintly disagree with your opinions or agree with them, they will find your jokes funny and they will make fun of you, they will be attracted to you, and they wont. they will be mean to you because they are jealous, or grouchy or whatever. they will be nice to you because you are fun to be with and a nice person. all of this can and will happen and you can still love yourself no matter what. you can choose what to let in and what not to let in. and of course how you respond-what you send out.
just because someone doesn't like you , doesnt mean that you are not likeable. i call it filtering. operating from who you are and using your filter.

because the self, who you are, is in pain when you are not expressing it the way it wants to be or was created to be

also gratitude is a door to happiness

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 10:32 PM
it's a movie with the greatest ending ever filmed

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6c6FABlLyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t6c6FABlLyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Okay I need to see that film

mayday
08-30-2008, 10:36 PM
sometimes unhappiness will seem to just appear for no reason at all. and it is yourself telling you that something is not right. it oculd be a relationship concern, a change in career needed, excersize, needing to eating healtier, a need to forgive yourself or someone else..or a combination of stuff.
life is always a work in progress

duovamp
08-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Achieving victory.

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
you do not really have to "act to please many people". by loving yourself, your true self- who you are all the time regardless of who you are with, you can live from that perspective all the time. people will most certaintly disagree with your opinions or agree with them, they will find your jokes funny and they will make fun of you, they will be attracted to you, and they wont. they will be mean to you because they are jealous, or grouchy or whatever. they will be nice to you because you are fun to be with and a nice person. all of this can and will happen and you can still love yourself no matter what. you can choose what to let in and what not to let in. and of course how you respond-what you send out.
just because someone doesn't like you , doesnt mean that you are not likeable. i call it filtering. operating from who you are and using your filter.

because the self, who you are, is in pain when you are not expressing it the way it wants to be or was created to be

also gratitude is a door to happiness

You speak to me of happiness but you are talking of ignorance. How can an intelligent person be happy following ignorant doctrines in a naturally violent and chaotic world? I don't want the love of mindless fucks, that doesn't make me happy, it makes me a coercive fool. Beyond our dominitive nature there is more than your fickle one way for all, we are more individual than that pathetic love preaching. Expression is happiness I guess, but I find expression painful, so I can agree in part with the last part you said. Happiness is most gained when overcoming obstacles? perhaps fleeting happiness, maybe fleeting happiness is all we can experience, you must know sadness to know happiness and so forth.

Happiness for many people is as fake as the world we live in though; wealth, fame, hedonism in all its many faces. I couldn't disagree more though, but that doesn't make me right, will need to see more peoples opinions.

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 10:51 PM
What makes you happy mayday, I mean personally happy, no wishy-washy word play, your personal reality?

mayday
08-30-2008, 11:00 PM
oh ok.

being with my family. helping people. children. old people. gardening and the endless beautifulness to be found on this gorgeous planet. music. horses. the ocean. reading. loving and being loved. being alive =)

Deadeyes
08-30-2008, 11:23 PM
oh ok.

being with my family. helping people. children. old people. gardening and the endless beautifulness to be found on this gorgeous planet. music. horses. the ocean. reading. loving and being loved. being alive =)

Would you say you are a complete optimist? I wonder if you are capable of hate? Do you hate the fact that society exploits your family? incurs on your children? Destroys the planet for mass production? Exploits music and art in general? Exploits horses as slaves? Pumps pollution into the precious ocean?

Happiness is a lack of knowledge, if you think/know too much you will certainly not be a happy content person. I think I am more content when I can revel in the loathing process with others of our sorry nature, I am want to be away from it, it seems impossible to ignore. When people can overcome the anguish we have caused ourselves, and come out stronger, they are the ones that have real happiness. I am not strong enough to be continually happy it seems, but I respect those who show an understanding and respect for truth past the bullshit that we have endeared.

Ignorance is bliss is the truest statement in this respect, it applies so rightly to humanity.

mayday
08-30-2008, 11:23 PM
im sorry that expression is painful for you right now. expression used to be very painful for me too. but not expressing yourself is what ultimately becomes unbearble. you have the ability to create in life all of your dreams.

be kind to yourself ..

sweet dreams...:)

mayday
08-30-2008, 11:30 PM
i know that there is tremendous pain in the world and terriblness i do not ignore it, but i also know that there is great love in the world and beauty. i choose to fight for that good because it's worth it. you do not have to let the pain consume you. if i did that how would i be able to help anyone? there is so much beauty in the world. I thank God for my life.

Hate the Hater
08-30-2008, 11:35 PM
happiness is those tasteful nudes mayday promised me!!!

hnibos
08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
oh ok.

i wish old people made me happy, i live in florida.

MstrGhost
08-31-2008, 12:01 AM
std answer #456: being happy for some time might mean a combination of: success in work, good bank account, having company when we need, having someone loyal to bash sometimes to feel better with ourselves, being in love and being loved too, have no reasons to feel alone, having a constant flow of superficial stuff coming at you or some consumerism time, feeling remembered or influential to someone either in a personal or food chain level, getting head. Better stop, it's getting stupid and boring by now

I'm not happy.

I'll take "stepping bunnies" instead as a final answer.

Travis Meeks
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
inner peace

Mo
08-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Happiness is an illusion, nothing more than a chemical reaction in your head.

duovamp
08-31-2008, 02:22 AM
What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.

SlingeroGuitaro
08-31-2008, 02:37 AM
oblivious ignorance

Luke de Spa
08-31-2008, 02:38 AM
bang bang shoot shoot

SlingeroGuitaro
08-31-2008, 02:45 AM
^ nice

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/D/E/Q/acrosstheuniversepubu.jpg

Luke de Spa
08-31-2008, 02:59 AM
what happened to kid rock's head

SlingeroGuitaro
08-31-2008, 06:32 AM
'nam

Luke de Spa
08-31-2008, 06:56 AM
this vid is happiness

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_sarYH0z948&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_sarYH0z948&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rockin' Cherub
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Happiness is an illusion, nothing more than a chemical reaction in your head.

i didn't know chemical reactions in my head were an illusion

SlingeroGuitaro
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
my chemical happiness

alexthestampede
08-31-2008, 02:17 PM
eating sugar and having children

aurel
09-01-2008, 07:31 AM
a cigar called hamlet.