View Full Version : what do i do?

D.
08-27-2008, 06:44 AM
i have a friend who is now mainlining cocaine and doesn't give a crap about his life.

wtf do i do?

hands off or "preach" to him?

SlingeroGuitaro
08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
try to confront him with some other friends of his. if this is does not work, totally hands off. it could become hazardous to your health

D.
08-27-2008, 06:50 AM
i'm actually really frickin' sad about this. he's an awesome dude.

SlingeroGuitaro
08-27-2008, 06:50 AM
or you could call the cops and set him up

SlingeroGuitaro
08-27-2008, 06:51 AM
i do coke somewhat frequently, but shooting it up? sheesh

D.
08-27-2008, 06:52 AM
or you could call the cops and set him up
i dunno about this. i don't know enough about his "dealings" to do this. i just sat there and watched him shoot cocaine and all i could say is "dude, please don't" and i almost got in a fight with a "whigger" who wanted him to do it.

Hate the Hater
08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Does he have any family around that might try to help?

D.
08-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Does he have any family around that might try to help?
he does way out in de sota, kansas, but i don't want him to hate me. i mean, i'll admit i snort cocaine like once a month, but for him to try heroin, then cocaine? that's really sketchy because he is so cool.

SlingeroGuitaro
08-27-2008, 06:59 AM
i almost got in a fight with a "whigger" who wanted him to do it.

you roll hard gorilla man ;)

D.
08-27-2008, 07:01 AM
you roll hard gorilla man ;)
it sucks because i flat out told him to not do it, but some whigger and some other dude were telling me to "let him do what he's gotta do" and i begged him not to do it, but i felt maybe i was being too dramamtic.

p.s. i wanted to beat the "whigger" dude's ass.

Thaniel Buckner
08-27-2008, 07:13 AM
take him on an all expenses paid vacation

D.
08-27-2008, 07:30 AM
take him on an all expenses paid vacation
to where?

Thaniel Buckner
08-27-2008, 07:43 AM
north korea

D.
08-27-2008, 08:19 AM
haha

:\

Mo
08-27-2008, 08:22 AM
I recently lost my best friend to hard drugs - don't let it come to this. Talk to him, with some other friends if necessary, tell him what he's doing to his and to your lives. If nothing helps, contact his parents.
And if all this fails, you really have no other options than calling the cops on him or watching him kill himself.

GlasgowKiss
08-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Leave him be. Drop in on him in a few months when he's hit bottom and offer him a hand if you must.

D.
08-27-2008, 08:26 AM
I recently lost my best friend to hard drugs - don't let it come to this. Talk to him, with some other friends if necessary, tell him what he's doing to his and to your lives. If nothing helps, contact his parents.
And if all this fails, you really have no other options than calling the cops on him or watching him kill himself.
i'm sorry for your loss.

my problem is that his "friends" think it's not a problem or "let him do what he wants", so it's a touchy situation. but i appreciate the help, though.

waltermcphilp
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
do twice as much smack as him. then when he sees what a mess he will be if he continues he will be all "no way man...thats not worth it"

Caine Walker
08-27-2008, 08:37 AM
mainlining coke? wow, that's just dumb...

basically man, you get one shot at this. if you are very close to him, then you need to talk with him very openly and honestly about your concerns. laugh, cry, yell, punch things if you need to. but you cannot sugar coat anything.

good luck and strength to you.. i mean that very sincerely.

Thaniel Buckner
08-27-2008, 08:38 AM
just let him know straight up that you think it's a horrible decision but i'd imagine you have the tact to not sound judgmental about it. that's all i would do. but don't offer unsolicited help.

mainlining coke though. he's gonna die pretty soon.

MonteLDS
08-27-2008, 09:53 AM
sounds like its time for an intervention party.

waltermcphilp
08-27-2008, 10:05 AM
ain't no party like an intervention party!

JokeyLoki
08-27-2008, 10:07 AM

Good advice.

He may end up hating you for it, but what's more important, than he like you or that he stays alive?

catfood
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
INTARVENTION

like, the tv show. you get to be on tv and everything

agenda suicide
08-27-2008, 10:14 AM
man, that sucks : /
sounds like everyone else has already given some pretty good advice. hopefully some of it will actually make a difference.

frugalscotsman
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
i dunno about this. i don't know enough about his "dealings" to do this. i just sat there and watched him shoot cocaine and all i could say is "dude, please don't" and i almost got in a fight with a "whigger" who wanted him to do it.

his need for coke already outweighs any consideration for you, like choosing to do it in front of you when you begged no. he probably already knows how fucked up it is to be shooting up on a regular basis too. i think you should be the honest, no-bullshit friend that he needs, whether he knows it or not. he's already surrounded by idiots who will make him feel OK about what he's doing. you got to confront him when he's not around the whiggers so maybe he'll realize he's letting down his real friend. a true friend is not afraid of hurting your feelings because they care about you enough to try to stop you from ruining your life.

that said, you also have to be prepared to walk away. this guy has to realize you're ready to leave if all else fails, and he's got to make a choice. i know you love your friend, but you're going to cause more damage to yourself worrying about his life and choices, particularly when he cares very little about those things.

good luck sir:cheers:

D.
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
mainlining coke? wow, that's just dumb...

basically man, you get one shot at this. if you are very close to him, then you need to talk with him very openly and honestly about your concerns. laugh, cry, yell, punch things if you need to. but you cannot sugar coat anything.

good luck and strength to you.. i mean that very sincerely.
he's not a super-close friend but he's a good friend. i guess i actually may have to do this. do i offer to help him (as in, go out of my way to if he comes up with reasons why he's "ok", etc.)?

just let him know straight up that you think it's a horrible decision but i'd imagine you have the tact to not sound judgmental about it. that's all i would do. but don't offer unsolicited help.

mainlining coke though. he's gonna die pretty soon.
yeah, i can totally talk to him as a peer and not from a judgemental p.o.v.

but what do you mean by "unsolicited"? should i just go in and tell him how i feel and offer him help or...?

D.
08-27-2008, 10:35 AM
his need for coke already outweighs any consideration for you, like choosing to do it in front of you when you begged no. he probably already knows how fucked up it is to be shooting up on a regular basis too. i think you should be the honest, no-bullshit friend that he needs, whether he knows it or not. he's already surrounded by idiots who will make him feel OK about what he's doing. you got to confront him when he's not around the whiggers so maybe he'll realize he's letting down his real friend. a true friend is not afraid of hurting your feelings because they care about you enough to try to stop you from ruining your life.

that said, you also have to be prepared to walk away. this guy has to realize you're ready to leave if all else fails, and he's got to make a choice. i know you love your friend, but you're going to cause more damage to yourself worrying about his life and choices, particularly when he cares very little about those things.

good luck sir:cheers:

wow. that was really well-put.

mayday
08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
tell any of his close family that you think would help him about this

tell him that you value you him as a friend and that it is painful for you to see him in so much pain. tell him that his life is beautiful and worth healing.

tell him that he doesn't have to live with pain and that there is help. find out where the dextox and drug rehab and counseling center is and, if you are willing, offer to go with him or maybe someone in his family can go with him.

pray for him

somaziro
08-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree with the poster that said be prepared to walk away, if you try and help and he doesn't want to hear it, then you have to make the decision that the friendship is not worth having - plenty of other people out in the world without problems like the ones he obviously has, surround yourself with healthy people =)

Thaniel Buckner
08-27-2008, 11:41 AM
he's not a super-close friend but he's a good friend. i guess i actually may have to do this. do i offer to help him (as in, go out of my way to if he comes up with reasons why he's "ok", etc.)?

yeah, i can totally talk to him as a peer and not from a judgemental p.o.v.

but what do you mean by "unsolicited"? should i just go in and tell him how i feel and offer him help or...?
i mean just make it clear to him that he's responsible for his choices and that you're his friend in spite of it. i think threatening to leave him as a friend is a little dramatic, but soon it's gonna start to get lame hanging out with a junkie all the time.

frugalscotsman
08-27-2008, 12:00 PM
wow. that was really well-put.

thanks. is netphoria hiring psychologists? graduating with a history major has done shit for me so far.

DOC FRUGSCOT!

Mo
08-27-2008, 12:10 PM
pray for him

Yeah, that's gonna help him.

MonteLDS
08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
prayer without action is like faith without works..

Good luck D. I hope u can feel you made an effort

Mo
08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
prayer without action is like faith without works..

Best analogy ever.

wHATcOLOR
08-27-2008, 12:36 PM

more like an intervention date and/or video shoot, am i rite?

mayday
08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, that's gonna help him.

you may not value prayer and that is your choice. for me and others it's been very beneficial and healing. just because you choose not to value prayer does not mean that it has no value. it is simply a choice that you have made.

I certaintly hope that your friend does get help. Drug addiction is a terrible affliction to a beautiful life. I will be praying for him.

ravenguy2000
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
i mean, i'll admit i snort cocaine like once a month

this board makes me feel really naive and sheltered sometimes

sickbadthing
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM

more like it should allow you to say at least i'm not that fucking stupid

Nimrod's Son
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM

we're amoung the smartest people here bro, and it didn't take very much.

Nimrod's Son
08-27-2008, 05:03 PM
oh, and D. tell him every time he does coke, you will rape him. it gets your gay urges out of the way and also teaches him a valuable lesson that equates doing coke to rectal pain

D.
08-27-2008, 06:07 PM
oh, and D. tell him every time he does coke, you will rape him. it gets your gay urges out of the way and also teaches him a valuable lesson that equates doing coke to rectal pain
awesome.

barden
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM

I will bring the balloons.

Starla
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
knew someone doing this. it didn't end good. so do what you gotta do.

Mablak
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I really thought this thread was going to be about Jimmie's Chicken Shack

yo soy el mejor
08-27-2008, 09:05 PM
>_> so did i

ravenguy2000
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
d if you go with the rape thing take pics

mercurial
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
well you can try and be a hero and do your little intervention stern talking thing and feel better about yourself. when that inevitably fails you do this ...

Leave him be. Drop in on him in a few months when he's hit bottom and offer him a hand if you must.

your mate will realise, or he wont. that's how it goes.

mercurial
08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
lost a few mates to meth addictions. some of them good mates, and good people. eventually those dudes turned into cunts and fiends and i couldn't hang with them anymore. one guy had a scabby blistered weeping sore on his face that didn't go away for one whole year.

some of them have sorted their shit out, some of them i've never heard from again.

the good mates all know, no matter what they did to themselves and the people around them, we'll always be that little bit friends in the end. i'll go and pick them up at the airport, give em a place to sleep, and feed and water them when needs dictate that i must. but that doesn't mean i'm going to be their mummy and pick up their pieces either.

it's their life to live and fuck up. their choices to make. they know where i stand, but that doesn't mean shit in the end. it's where they stand that'll be what makes or breaks em.

yo soy el mejor
08-27-2008, 09:19 PM
what do i do

what do i do right

D.
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2e3x5vp.jpg

Rockin' Cherub
08-28-2008, 04:49 AM
i have a friend who is now mainlining cocaine and doesn't give a crap about his life.

jealous?

D.
08-28-2008, 05:26 AM
jealous?
Totally. I want to lose a union job for pissing dirty, fall into a web of heroin and cocaine, hang out with people who use me, and get my license suspended for dui.

:rockon:

yo soy el mejor
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
why would you want such a thing? weirdo!

alexthestampede
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
quit being a drama queen

D.
08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
why would you want such a thing? weirdo!
lol

Rockin' Cherub
08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
"D.", not giving a crap about one's life is the highest form of existence. not only do you not manage not giving a crap about your own life, you even feel that it is a necessity to give a crap about somebody else's. you need to turn your life around and follow the path of light.