View Full Version : I asked the Fonz about Arrested Development: The Movie

threetwooneZERO
08-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Barry Zuckerkorn was in my city today...and I had free tickets to see him speak.

http://static.flickr.com/27/43128099_74b1319b32.jpg

He was here to talk to the educators and public about his fight with dyslexia and how it affected his life and how he overcame it.

Finally at the end, he took open questions from the audience and some of these Happy Days people were hilarious. This one guy pulled the Chris Farley show interview "you remember that one time, when you were on Happy Days and you were dancing.....remember that?" Then again...it was a conference on learning disabilities.

I was a bit nervous to ask my question, luckily I was sitting with my Dad in the reserved seating at the front (because he is a superintendent) so the Fonz was right in front of me, so my question came out easier. I asked him "Will there be an Arrested Development movie?"

I didn't know the status of the project, since the last time I checked it was on imdb. He told me Mitchell Hurwitz is still in negotiations and would like to do it but that Fox isn't having it. Finally he told the audience to write letters to the studio to get it made. What I didn't know, which he said was about the cartoon, "sit down, shut up" that will be on Fox in the near future created by Hurwitz.

Anyway, He was the last speaker and man was he worth the wait. I literally fell asleep during the first presentation about Learning Disabilities.

He was so funny, and charming....it was really worth sitting through the other crap to get to him.

Oh yeah and my Dad ate lunch with the Fonz today.

That's my little brush with a celebrity.

spandexjesus
08-21-2008, 11:28 PM
they better make that shit.

threetwooneZERO
08-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I wanted to say the same thing.

???
08-22-2008, 09:33 AM
i'm not familiar with arrested development, is barry z his character's name
cause you know his name is henry winkler right

pale blue eyes
08-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah, he's Barry Zuckerkorn on there. He's very good.

waltermcphilp
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/125/e/9/Henry_winkler_covered_in_bees.png

???
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
http://static.flickr.com/27/43128099_74b1319b32.jpg

almost looks like he's trying to do "eyyy"

spandexjesus
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM
i'm not familiar with arrested development, is barry z his character's name
cause you know his name is henry winkler right

you should become familiar with it. it's fucking genius

Rider
08-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I loved the TV show but I think trying to being it back in any fashion is horrible idea.

threetwooneZERO
08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I loved the TV show but I think trying to being it back in any fashion is horrible idea.

Heh....Kind of like the smashing pumpkins...oh wait...

Shapan
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
except everyone in this group is excited to come back and work on new material, its just getting the money to get it out there

its more like if darcy and james came back to the pumpkins and no one wanted to play their music on the radio.

still, im a bit skeptical of an arrested development movie, though id be first in line to see it if its given the green light. bateman talked about how mitch had a really good script, everyone in the cast seems so excited, i wish they'd just let them make it. it'll get a good crowd.

Fonzie
08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
liar. I never spoke to you.