View Full Version : Games and stuff

Fattening Ass
06-21-2008, 09:38 PM
So, I dusted off my PS2 and wanted to play MGS2. My copy is slightly scratched i think cause load times for it are unbearable. I wiped the disc and such but its still kinda slow. So far i can't seem to find a copy of it used in a game store (gamestop, etc). I did, however, notice how expensive game hardware and software is and the ridiculous pricing of used hardware vs new hardware.

A new Sony PS2 controller is like 25 bucks. A used Sony PS2 controller is 19.99. Wow a measly 5 bucks. Where's the incentive to buy used? I was hoping to get one for $9 -15 bucks. I guess i could go ebay, but i don't feel like it.

and whats this $55 dual shock PS3 controller bologna? seriously....half a bill for one controller? ouch to peoples' wallets.

I also need a component or RCA to VGA converter, but it looks like i can only get that online. Anyone have one they can recommend? Im looking to use my LCD monitor for gaming.

noyen
06-21-2008, 10:32 PM
ill sell you a ps2 test/dev kit for 200 bucks that will play burned discs!

Fattening Ass
06-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Not interested ! I just want a cheap ass sony ps2 controller, Not a generic brand. I figure this machine has been out so long that the hardware for it shouldn't be expensive with used gear, but apparently I'm wrong.

oh and as far as component to VGA boxes, apparently my monitor must support 480i or else ps2 gaming is gonna be hard as a lot of games are not 480p, but rather 480i.

I was looking at this, but man, im cheap and the possibility of PS2 games not playing on my monitor is lame

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_1080p_vga_box.htm