View Full Version : Another Billy!

greedo
06-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I just got new earphones for my MP3 player and I swear I can hear a previously unheard Billy voice on Zeitgeist!

So far I'm only up to track 2, but I'm pretty sure 7SOB has at least one more Billy vocal than previously thought. He's singing a little more high pitched. I think previously this blended with the other background vocals.

I wonder what other secrets these earphones will reveal. And I though my old earphones were good! I only replaced them because the cord was too fucking short.

Peace.

tcm
06-12-2008, 12:17 AM
check out cash car star version 1 next.

cork_soaker
06-12-2008, 12:29 AM
you didn't buy magic earphones, perchance?

greedo
06-12-2008, 12:33 AM
you didn't buy magic earphones, perchance?

Holy shit, maybe I did!

I'll listen to Gish and see if the earphones make it sounds non-crap.

cork_soaker
06-12-2008, 12:37 AM
jeez man

Ugly
06-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Valuable lesson here, kids: don't smoke crack.

kingy
06-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Holy shit, maybe I did!

I'll listen to Gish and see if the earphones make it sounds non-crap.

:noway:

SlingeroGuitaro
06-12-2008, 08:55 AM
check out 'pennies.' there is a second vocal that comes in on the first 'especially when you go' at about :35 or so a little bit in the left channel. the next verse has both vocals- the harmony between them is amazing.

the there is another vocal in the right channel of 'youre all ive got tonight' that adds a little snarl to the vocal track.

check out the wah-wah guitar in 'tribute to johnny'

edit: there is also some awesome delay on billys voice in thirty-three

SlingeroGuitaro
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
and yes i typed 'pennis' at first

greedo
06-12-2008, 09:34 AM
and yes i typed 'pennis' at first

Haha, you did a Freudian slit!

greedo
06-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Um, I mean "slip".

IWishIWasBlank
06-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Equipment makes a difference in every aspect of the music experience... recording, editing and playback. Write this down kids.

cork_soaker
06-12-2008, 10:06 AM
that is why i carry this mobile fx unit. let's say track 3 comes on and needs some added flanger, there it is

IWishIWasBlank
06-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Boy the zoom pedals are shitty. Fuckin' a.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I just bought new headphones yesterday too. I got really sick of having crap ones and now I can look forward to cranking mellon collie once I buy a replacement copy (Twiliight has been scratched to the point of being unplayable for almost half a year now, but I've finally got the itch back for that record).

SlingeroGuitaro
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
you guys should try out the beyerdynmic dt 770s. they are amazing

well, you might not like them. they are reference phones- made to sound completely flat. consumer headphones and speakers are made to make things sound better.

you should try them anyway

IWishIWasBlank
06-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I was just ripping images of MCIS before they got totally destroyed, and discovered that between two copies, I have an extra set of booklets, and one Dusk to Dawn and one Twilight to Starlight that are still in good shape. I thought all four discs were toast. Windfall.

Edit: OK I guess windfall would be all four discs and all four inserts in mint...

Mo
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Why is this thread still open?

SlingeroGuitaro
06-13-2008, 09:07 AM
why is netphoria still open?

IWishIWasBlank
06-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Nice spongebob avatar, Slingero.

SlingeroGuitaro
06-13-2008, 09:12 AM
yeah ive never seen him but thought i was broaden my horizons. i like my sig better

IWishIWasBlank
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I haven't had the chance to use mine in a long time.

SlingeroGuitaro
06-13-2008, 09:47 AM
nice

etrueholly
06-13-2008, 07:17 PM
If you listen to the Machina version of Heavy Metal Machine with headphones, there's a drum mixing error that occurs just at the very end of (I think) the 2nd chorus.

Really only audible with headphones though.

I'll have to go back and check to get the timecode, but that will be a task which I will put off since I bloody hate that song.

SlingeroGuitaro
06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
i just realized machina is the only record with jimmys drums panned to drummers perspective. another reason it sucks

greedo
06-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I was just ripping images of MCIS before they got totally destroyed, and discovered that between two copies, I have an extra set of booklets, and one Dusk to Dawn and one Twilight to Starlight that are still in good shape. I thought all four discs were toast. Windfall.

Edit: OK I guess windfall would be all four discs and all four inserts in mint...

Four inserts for two copies of the album? Is that normal? All the copies I have seen and owned have only 1 booklet for the two discs (Australian version). Does the US version have separate booklets for each disc?

SlingeroGuitaro
06-13-2008, 09:06 PM
yup. a picture book with the credits at the end with the red disk and a lyrics book with the second disk

IWishIWasBlank
06-14-2008, 08:51 AM
I was just looking at the picture book this morning at work. For some reason I thought it had more pics.

I'm going to see if I have a copy of Machina here at work so I can listen to HMM.

Edit: I do. Premasters.

*listening*

I'm having trouble deciding what's prechorus and what's chorus here. I think I missed that "end of the 2nd chorus" part you mentioned above the first time around.

OK here it comes.

IWishIWasBlank
06-14-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't hear anything in the premasters. In fact... I think there is an error on the final... but I'd have to check that out later today when I get home. (Unless someone else plugs in and listens.

SlingeroGuitaro
06-14-2008, 09:02 AM
i dont know what or where im listening for

Reyngel
06-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Check out TheCameraEye off the The Future Embrace album with headphones. You end up hearing like two more layers that you couldn't hear without the headphones, it's awesome.

IWishIWasBlank
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Maybe people shouldn't rely on shitty computer speakers for playback.

There's these things called CD's that go into "CD Players." Wild huh?

Well they hook into these ancient machines... your mom and dad might have one... stereos is what they call them... they've got these big black boxes that come out like satellites, attached with wires... and the music comes out of them like magic... and... it actually sounds good.

cork_soaker
06-14-2008, 10:06 AM

Well they hook into these ancient machines... your mom and dad might have one... stereos is what they call them... they've got these big black boxes that come out like satellites, attached with wires... and the music comes out of them like magic... and... it actually sounds good.

stereos can have shitty speakers too man

IWishIWasBlank
06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
That would be any speaker with wood grain plastered over the top of particle board. I've got two in the garage. Need a receiver though.

greedo
06-14-2008, 07:34 PM

I haven't hooked up my stereo since I moved a few months ago. I listen to most music on my TV via a media center or on my Zune (the horror). I miss cranking up the Pumpkins, but I'm in an apartment now and can't make too much noise.

CDs are so 1990s, dude. I still buy them, but rip them straight away and never touch them again.

Streetcrawler89
06-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Another Billy? I think one Billy is more than enough Billy for anybody. Except for maybe Billy himself. He'd probably enjoy a few more Billys so they can perform sex acts on him and sit around and tell him how good Zeitgiest is

IWishIWasBlank
06-16-2008, 08:44 AM
I haven't hooked up my stereo since I moved a few months ago. I listen to most music on my TV via a media center or on my Zune (the horror). I miss cranking up the Pumpkins, but I'm in an apartment now and can't make too much noise.

CDs are so 1990s, dude. I still buy them, but rip them straight away and never touch them again.

I just ripped my MCIS discs to image files for a backup. I don't buy them now... cuz I'm poor.

slunken
06-16-2008, 11:17 PM
I still buy them, but rip them straight away and never touch them again.

i'm that way with cassettes http://avocadojungle.googlepages.com/martini1.jpg/martini1-full;init:.jpg

IWishIWasBlank
06-17-2008, 08:52 AM
I was just thinking about cassettes yesterday.

Still easier to utilize than CD's when it comes to making mixes or your own recordings. Push play and record at the same time. Good to go.