View Full Version : SP Promotion ???

johnnybgoode23
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
HI ALL! I AM DESPERATELY SEARCHING TO FIND THIS OUT, BEAR WITH ME PLEASE:
I had the good grace to have front row tickets to the Braden Auditorium (ISU) show last September (our first SP show). When I was there, myself and girlfriend-to-be got stopped by a "promotion team" who took our picture together and gave us red paper Zeitgeist bracelets. I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen to everyone.. we felt special, and I'm sure that was about the happiest we've looked in our lives!!! :)
(sappy part of request) We've sadly parted ways the past month, and I responsible for it... :mad: and I still love her. I NEED TO WIN HER BACK!!!
Sooo... I'm desperately searching the internet for a way to get this picture somehow. It would mean so much to me, even if things aren't meant to be between us two. It seems as if the promotion crew was related to the Smashing Pumpkins themselves, although I have left a message with ISU's folk to see if they were responsible just in case.
PLEASE SOMEONE..ANY HELP?? WHERE SHOULD I LOOK TO CONTACT THE SP "PROMOTION TEAM" BECAUSE THIS PICTURE MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!!!!!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Much Love, -Jono

Rickpat12
06-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Dude..the Normal show was October 4th. Not September. Fag.

Rickpat12
06-04-2008, 10:28 PM
But seriously. I got my pic with my buddies holding posters that we got to keep. Try talking to "WBRchicago" on AOL instant messenger. She's a real nice lady and is in charge with a lot of the promo stuff for WB in Chicago. She may know. Let me know how your search goes, I think I'd enjoy that picture with the poster too.

johnnybgoode23
06-04-2008, 10:47 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I've added WBRChicago to my buddies on AIM and hope that she will sign on and respond! I have my fingers crossed.
Is there a more direct way to contact this person or organization or whatever?
oh, and of course... THANK YOU SMORE!!!!!! :) :) :)

slowdawn
06-04-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm still pissed that I missed this show to give a speech...

What were the posters like by the way?

JRiordan
06-05-2008, 05:44 AM
give her an email, she is nice, and also a cutie.

the ISU show was good, with some cathartic moments. must've been great for you in the front row. I'm usually there, but for that show I was stuck "back" in the 16th row or so.

post a pic of your lover?

Rickpat12
06-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Posters were typical promo material. Album cover with "Featuring Tarantula and That's the Way (My Love Is)" written near the bottom.

johnnybgoode23
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Eh, I don't feel like it would be appropriate to post her picture because we broke up about a month ago... lol... see? i NEED that picture to help win the fine lady back!!!
But yeah, stinks you guys couldn't catch the show... my friend Alex was "the kid in the red hat" that initially got moved down in front of the front row! haha, anyway, my excitement about this show cannot be contained, I will get trivial... lol..
anyway.. :) yall can download the show for free at archive.org

What e-mail address should I use to contact WBR Chicago?
I assume WBRChicago@____ ?

Slurpee
06-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Girls come and go. I know that's hard to believe when you're 15, but you'll find someone new who makes you feel just as happy, in your heart and in your balls.

In the meantime, enjoy a little Pumpkins.

dishpan
06-06-2008, 09:23 AM
i was at the album release concert in dc on 7-7-7 (or whenever it was) and near the front of the line and had a girl come take a pic with me and my guest too. ive looked online and at the slideshows of the concert and havent seen our pic anywhere either.
on top of that, i was also in a group pic outside the venue after either the blinking with fists concert or the billy solo tour in dc (cant remember which) where someone official (possibly the same person i guess) made us get together and pose for the website but that one didnt turn up either.
if this plan works for you please let us know, because if that person can also help me i will pursue it! thanks
dan

johnnybgoode23
06-06-2008, 09:37 PM
sooo assuming that i found the pic ;0) ...
how would yall get this picture to your love (of the past)?
we've talked a few times since the break up and all fyi.
i was thinking of mailing it, but it would be much easier to send a link or wait til we (big assumption here) are back together and give it to her on nice paper with a frame.
btw, im not 15, im 20 :)

johnnybgoode23
06-09-2008, 12:13 AM
so anyway, i feel like a crazy guy now, because i feel like my intentions were avoided or misunderstood by the lady. i'm really looking for some help with this, because i've never gotten back together with someone after breaking up... so we texted just a few minutes ago, and here's how it went. i am "j" and she is "s." i'm trying to figure out if i should be expected to be understood.. the background info is that we went on "break" which became permanent break and she knew i still wanted her. talked to her a few weeks ago, and she gave some definite signs that she might be interested in a relationship still. I WANT TO KNOW IF I'M JUST BEING STRUNG ALONG BECAUSE I REALLY CARE ABOUT HER! this is tonight's text message session, commentary in [ ]:

J tasty geass ep! [geass=a show we both watch]
S didnt watch yet had work
J too much hut! [she works at "hut"]
S lol i cant wait 2 watch
J y must u wait?!? [i asked because she obviously wasnt at work anymore!]
S had work
J duh lol. well anyway i gota sleep! u can always call some time if u wana rehash
...(pause)...
J bleh, no sleepy. u busy now? c the ep yet? [i couldnt sleep]
S ya i watched it was good
J rite on. u busy? chatski?
S ya busy have work and school mon [its sunday night around 9-10pm.]
J haha i have to wake up at six. [work at 6am tomorrow morning! ah!]
S sux
J yep. soo u dont wana chat?
S ya kinda busy [dont think she is]
J k. well, talk some time later then? check fb btw, i went thru hell and back to post that! [the pumpkins pic. yep i found it magically!]
S k [didnt answer about talking later]
J uh so u wana talk some time laters? er am i just prodding u?
S not 2nite ["am i prodding you?" remains unanswered]
J ya ya i no. i just wana no if im just pressuring u to do things u dont rly wana do. like, wana talk later later? i dont like being confused!
S later when im not busy ["do you feel pressured?" remains unanswered]
J hm im not sure u understand. i just want to know if u actually want to talk to me, if ur uncertain, or rly dont... ? i dont want to b stalking ppl, yano?
S i dont mind. i talked 2 u last week u make things into prob 4 no reason.
J well, its not ez for me to sit here wondering, and u havent answered at all.
S ill talk 2 u when i have time jeez [i want to know more about how she feels here! i dont feel that's getting across to her!]
J ah i feel bad now! i just wanted to know how u feel about contacting each other. i dont wana call if u dont care, yano? and im sure u dont need a stalker!
(she didn't answer)
J sry if that wasnt clear before
S ok.
J ah well i guess i still have no idea lol... epic fail haha. sigh... but sleep calls !.. watch out for tornados!
S yup
J gnite. gl w business tomoro
S nite

is it me being totally not understandable?? do you think shes avoiding the topic? or do you think that shes been perfectly clear with me and she just got pissed that "i didnt understand?"
what happened here honestly?

but if you noticed, the pic was retrieved! w00t.

bja1288
06-09-2008, 02:54 AM
holy shit shes been perfectly clear. give her some space and leave her the fuck alone.

rolmos
06-09-2008, 06:52 AM
so anyway, i feel like a crazy guy now, because i feel like my intentions were avoided or misunderstood by the lady. i'm really looking for some help with this, because i've never gotten back together with someone after breaking up... so we texted just a few minutes ago, and here's how it went. i am "j" and she is "s." i'm trying to figure out if i should be expected to be understood.. the background info is that we went on "break" which became permanent break and she knew i still wanted her. talked to her a few weeks ago, and she gave some definite signs that she might be interested in a relationship still. I WANT TO KNOW IF I'M JUST BEING STRUNG ALONG BECAUSE I REALLY CARE ABOUT HER! this is tonight's text message session, commentary in [ ]:

J tasty geass ep! [geass=a show we both watch]
S didnt watch yet had work
J too much hut! [she works at "hut"]
S lol i cant wait 2 watch
J y must u wait?!? [i asked because she obviously wasnt at work anymore!]
S had work
J duh lol. well anyway i gota sleep! u can always call some time if u wana rehash
...(pause)...
J bleh, no sleepy. u busy now? c the ep yet? [i couldnt sleep]
S ya i watched it was good
J rite on. u busy? chatski?
S ya busy have work and school mon [its sunday night around 9-10pm.]
J haha i have to wake up at six. [work at 6am tomorrow morning! ah!]
S sux
J yep. soo u dont wana chat?
S ya kinda busy [dont think she is]
J k. well, talk some time later then? check fb btw, i went thru hell and back to post that! [the pumpkins pic. yep i found it magically!]
S k [didnt answer about talking later]
J uh so u wana talk some time laters? er am i just prodding u?
S not 2nite ["am i prodding you?" remains unanswered]
J ya ya i no. i just wana no if im just pressuring u to do things u dont rly wana do. like, wana talk later later? i dont like being confused!
S later when im not busy ["do you feel pressured?" remains unanswered]
J hm im not sure u understand. i just want to know if u actually want to talk to me, if ur uncertain, or rly dont... ? i dont want to b stalking ppl, yano?
S i dont mind. i talked 2 u last week u make things into prob 4 no reason.
J well, its not ez for me to sit here wondering, and u havent answered at all.
S ill talk 2 u when i have time jeez [i want to know more about how she feels here! i dont feel that's getting across to her!]
J ah i feel bad now! i just wanted to know how u feel about contacting each other. i dont wana call if u dont care, yano? and im sure u dont need a stalker!
(she didn't answer)
J sry if that wasnt clear before
S ok.
J ah well i guess i still have no idea lol... epic fail haha. sigh... but sleep calls !.. watch out for tornados!
S yup
J gnite. gl w business tomoro
S nite

is it me being totally not understandable?? do you think shes avoiding the topic? or do you think that shes been perfectly clear with me and she just got pissed that "i didnt understand?"
what happened here honestly?

I'm quoting this for posterity.

It's over. Get over it. Get a hobby, and understand that if you continue to act that way with women, you'll die alone and miserable.

rolmos
06-09-2008, 06:53 AM
And stop spamming the Smashing Pumpkins Tour forum, nobody cares.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-09-2008, 07:18 AM
hahaha what a loser

topleybird
06-09-2008, 09:59 AM
holy shit shes been perfectly clear. give her some space and leave her the fuck alone.

So that you can understand this post, johnny:

lol go play WoW or sumthing u no? personal space get! girl needs 2 heal ftw.

Slurpee
06-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I remember when I was 15 and insecure, like johnny here.

dishpan
06-09-2008, 11:08 AM

so you did get the pic? how did you accomplish this? i would like to try as well. thanks
d

Esty
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
hahaha what a loser

He should just devote himself to billy like you. Bill will never break up with his fans, only his bandmates.

You should take him under your wing and get him off on the right foot. 10 copies of zeitgeist should be enough to mend his broken heart.

wHATcOLOR
06-09-2008, 02:25 PM
oh god, that whole thing was painful to read

oceancrayon
06-09-2008, 04:24 PM
ditto! trust, if she really wanted to talk to you and cared enough, she would have made time despite the fact she was busy. move on kiddo! =)

johnnybgoode23
06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
well, it really felt like she was into me when we talked over the phone for a while a week ago. she was telling me how great her life is, this guy she flirted with, and how she's start reading again, and is following her other interests... in some ways, it was better than some conversations from when we were together (not because she was trying to make me miss her), yada yada... generally pleasant...

so it was a bit confusing...

anyway, thanks for the kick in the ass, because i needed it. the validation was helpful. the front row seats at 10.4.07 rocked, and she hooked that up, so i can't complain. :0)

so now i've expended all my "emo"-ness for an entire year. w00t. looks like i'm back to working 6am-7pm (!), playing oblivion (aka wasting time), chillin, and recording my musak... NOT playing wow or drowning in my tears ;)
thanks for the support!
esp about the promo team pic!
i'm glad this is anonymous lol. cheers

TicalFSU
06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
i'm glad this is anonymous lol. cheers

Pseudonymity? In MY Interwebs? Its more likely than you think.

sh sh shayne
06-14-2008, 12:46 AM
The first half of this topic made me fearful that netphoria has changed. The second half thankfully brought it back.

Honestly bro get a hobby that doesn't ******* stocking fat women. :/

D.
06-14-2008, 05:21 AM

<ph>

hnibos
06-14-2008, 02:34 PM
stocking fat woman lol

BlissedandGone2
07-06-2008, 01:56 AM
she was into me when we talked over the phone for a while a week ago. she was telling me how great her life is, this guy she flirted with

sure sounds like shes into you.

killtrocity
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
funniest shit ever laughing irl

killtrocity
07-06-2008, 06:25 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you johnny hahahahaha

Sarcastic Smile
07-08-2008, 01:38 AM
well look at this little hidden jewel