View Full Version : Record Store Day

pale blue eyes
04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home

Today is Record Store Day and I went to one of my favorite local record stores and they gave me three free full-length sampler LPs and five free 7" singles when I bought some vinyl. It was pretty cool. There is a list of participating record stores on their web site. It looks like it is mostly American stores but I saw Canadian and European stores too while browsing.

McCollum
04-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Black Rebel Motorcycle club is playing in town tonight, right about now i would guess. Anyway they did the instore Record Store Day thing. I thought about going but i had to work this morning and just don't care that much.

Fattening Ass
04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Backdoor Disc is Cotati had a buy one, get one free promo on all used CDs. I scored me another copy of Adore, Poison the Well's Tear From The Red, Rocky Votolato's Suicide Machine, and a promo copy of The Faint's Wet From Birth. I also bought a new copy of Nada Surf's Lucky [Deluxe Edition]. There was local east bay artists playing sets and lots of random prize drawings. It was cool.

Skradgee
04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
figures that there are no VT or NH stores participating

pale blue eyes
04-20-2008, 12:54 AM
There was some band scheduled to play around the store I went to (it is too small to have them play there) but I was there in the late morning and did not feel like sticking around a few more hours.

waltermcphilp
04-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Record Time
Roseville, MI
VISIT WEBSITE

:rockon:

i was in there earlier today just by coincidence. they had everything 25% off. i looked but, like usual, i left with nothing.

Hypocaust
04-20-2008, 03:33 AM
It was fucking awesome. I got a free Eels promo vinyl, a t-shirt, a handfull of promo cd's and stickers and shit. I really wish more people had been aware of this, it was a really great day.