View Full Version : oh sheesh

jenny4ever
02-24-2003, 05:40 PM
i guess i said i was interested in anthropology and i just got a huge ass packet in the mail from app about it being an anthropology major and i realized 'oh fuck! i have a future and i should probably think about it!'

ugh. i have no idea what i want to do. its probably between anthropology and social work but i realy dont want to be that poor :( oh dear... i hate thinking about this sort of stuff. i mean i know i have time and all but this big ass packet kinda bugged me out... they sent all these articles and newsletters and shit about requirements... ugh

Crippler
02-24-2003, 05:42 PM
<font color="aquamarine">At my college, there's this anthropology teacher who has the world's wildest hair, the world's longest handlebar mustache, the world's thickest glasses, and he lectures like he's delivering the sermon on the mount. He holds your attention like no other teacher I've had, and he's hilarious.

If you're ever bored in his class, you're either in a coma or dead.</font>

mirrar
02-24-2003, 05:44 PM
i'm in social work.

I HATE IT

jenny4ever
02-24-2003, 05:46 PM
yeah, anthropology is megacool. but its not like i could do anything related to it even with a masters. so i dunno. plus at appalachian the whole dept is focused on appalachia and there really isnt any focus on africa at all which is what im most interested in. so if i wanted to major in it i think i'd want to transfer... GOSH I DONT KNOW. i used to think i wanted to transfer up north(nyu, sarah lawrence) and then i thought maybe i'd just transfer to unc and now im thinking maybe i'll stay there... and i know it'll be easier to figure out once ive been there for a year but just thinking about it stresses me out like crazy.

Caligula
02-24-2003, 06:12 PM
App State to NYU or SR or even UNC, pfft, not the way you love to get drunk.

jenny4ever
02-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Caligula
App State to NYU or SR or even UNC, pfft, not the way you love to get drunk.

i get drunk like once a month, maybe twice on occasion... that hardly qualifies me to be considered a heavy drinker. im sure ANY college i go to will have plenty of drinking, not that i care either way. i like to drink(dont *love* to drink) but im not a fucking alcoholic and it certainly doesnt impact my decision about what school i attend.

youre an idiot for implying that theres little drinking at unc or nyu... though there is probably less at sarah lawrence, im sure theres still sufficient alcohol consumption for any normal persons taste.

Caligula
02-24-2003, 06:48 PM
Oh there's plenty of drinking at every school, and I wasn't implying anything of that sort, gimp. However, if you go to App State (known as more of a party-type school than many other schools) and get absorbed into the things that a normal college student would do, then you're not going to make the amazing grades, get the amazing recmd's or do any sort of work that would make any of the schools that you mentioned, which are FAR better than App state, want you.

boo hoo:(

Sepiae
02-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by jenny4ever
yeah, anthropology is megacool. but its not like i could do anything related to it even with a masters. so i dunno. plus at appalachian the whole dept is focused on appalachia and there really isnt any focus on africa at all which is what im most interested in. so if i wanted to major in it i think i'd want to transfer... GOSH I DONT KNOW. i used to think i wanted to transfer up north(nyu, sarah lawrence) and then i thought maybe i'd just transfer to unc and now im thinking maybe i'll stay there... and i know it'll be easier to figure out once ive been there for a year but just thinking about it stresses me out like crazy.

State has a decent anthropology program as well; it's pretty new thought.

twilightfadez
02-24-2003, 07:55 PM
become an architect like me!