View Full Version : Post here and I'll tell you if you're killing the board with your gimmicks

deadaswarhol
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM

Caine Walker
02-27-2008, 08:55 PM
how about recycling some gullible bastard's picture over and over as an avatar? does that count as a gimmick?

Floppy Nono
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
i'd like to know this but i'd also like to know what my gimmicks are so that i might be able to rectify the situation.

ella
02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I don't have any gimmicks man.

Gary Coleman
02-28-2008, 08:03 AM
It all happened in the Summer of 2005. I was seeing the same girl for the past 2 and half years. Our relationship was much like a football field filled with mole holes. But it seem like we were on our way to cleaning up everything as we decided that we would spend the Summer to figure out if we were going to get married or if we were going to call it quits before she was to return to BYU Utah for her 2nd time and finish her bachelor’s degree in chemistry.

I chose to take her on vacation along with my parents & her sister Kim to Southern California. We drove down early and spent day 1 at Six Flags Magic Mountain then the next day we went to the King Tut exhibited in Los Angeles. We chose to head to the LA temple before going to the Newport Beach Temple open house. While on the grounds of the LA temple we chose to get some lunch. Being familiar with the area I chose to go to the Westfield Mall down the street to have lunch.

I knew that a Tiffany & Co. was located at this mall and I had my eye on this necklace for this girl. I vanished off for a min to pick up the item and made a detour at Gap to get some new clothing to make it appear as though I wanted to be better dressed than I was for the temple open house. I dropped into the Tiffany store, found the necklace and purchased it. On the way to the Newport Temple I told the young women that I had got her a small something.. she searched in my gap bag to find a small Tiffany bag similar to several she had gotten threw the past 2 and half years. But this item wasn’t like any of the calm silver bracelet & necklaces she had gotten in the past. I could sense a little bit of nervousness as she open the box. Her jaw dropped as she saw this elegant diamond heart shaped necklace with a pearl in the center and a diamond just about the heart as well.

As time went on that Aug I had picked up a diamond ring for her from Tiffany & Co to go with her jewelry. We were engaged until she called it off in November due to concerns that she wasn’t sure about us anymore. The mole holes had returned and I fell broke the ankle of my heart… She returned this necklace and the engagement ring. I maintain the wedding band we had both chose together at Tiffany and it sits in my safe deposit box.

The necklace has lost all emotional tie to the past owner, and is just a beautiful object. To one day be won by whomever deserves and would want it.

So that is why I have it.. man am I long winded.