View Full Version : Billy Corgan and co to greet fans in Britain

Forgotten Child
02-13-2008, 08:46 AM
http://www.nme.com/news/smashing-pumpkins/34296

Smashing Pumpkins are set to make a rare public appearance on Saturday (February 16) at an instore signing at the Oxford Street branch of zavvi in central London.

Billy Corgan and co, not usually ones to get up close and personal with their fans, are set for a signing session at the store, beginning at 1pm (GMT).

Fans must have a wristband to be eligible to attend the signing.

Wristbands will be given out on a first-come first-served basis from 9AM (GMT) on the Saturday morning.

---

Old?

Kahlo
02-13-2008, 08:47 AM
yes it is old

Forgotten Child
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Sorry :blush:

Link?

???
02-13-2008, 08:57 AM
tuh. how am i ever gonna get there for 9am.

Kahlo
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry :blush:

Link?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=156580

Rocket Launcher
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Billy not usual to get close to his fans? What about those 2005 fan attendings?

Forgotten Child
02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Thank you :lock:

???
02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Billy not usual to get close to his fans? What about those 2005 fan attendings?

nme don't know shit

Andrew_Pakula
02-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Why is it that Billy always seems to like the Euro fans a lot more then NA fans?

Kahlo
02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I remember reading an interview with him during the Machina era stating that he preffered us Euro types to NA, as we are more understanding or some such nonsense. I need to dig it out.

skipgo
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Billy Corgan and co, not usually ones to get up close and personal with their fans
wha?
that's just silly. it seems that in the past few years, it's been relatively easy to find and talk with these guys if you want to. Not so much back in the 90s perhaps.

pale_princess
02-13-2008, 02:34 PM
why would anyone want fake james' autograph?

wHATcOLOR
02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Billy Corgan and co, not usually ones to get up close and personal with their fans,

just from memory, from someone who hasn't paid a whole ton of attention, they did signings on the adore tour (i remember the boston one), they did the resume the pose tour in early 2000 with fan meetups, he met up wtih fans before some of the shows on the sacred and profane tour (i remember the one in fairfax va), he did the poetry readings with fan signings in 2004 or 5 or whenever that was, he invited fans to the recording of solo songs at those church sessions, he chatted with fans after residency shows.. and i've no doubt there are plenty more examples i don't know of/remember

hnibos
02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
didnt he talk to you for a bit after the final show too?

skipgo
02-13-2008, 03:02 PM
he talked to fans at the tfe shows as well. Not to mention on this current tour (not just residency shows). Bah, NME, wrong again.

hnibos
02-13-2008, 03:08 PM
of course we would know each and every time bill talked to his fans but i guess because he isnt doing major interviews for mtv (if they give a fuck about him) then the press just goes along with the rep corgan has.

im just using mtv as an example.

byebyejune
02-13-2008, 03:14 PM
they pulled "a hard days night" trick on us when we waited for an hour outside the fox theatre. their equiptment driver was like, "while you all were waiting here, the whole band left from the other side of the building." that jerkoff.

wHATcOLOR
02-13-2008, 04:04 PM
didnt he talk to you for a bit after the final show too?

yeah

wHATcOLOR
02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
they pulled "a hard days night" trick on us when we waited for an hour outside the fox theatre. their equiptment driver was like, "while you all were waiting here, the whole band left from the other side of the building." that jerkoff.

haha! yikes

tcm
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
i feel like William is always holding back when we are together. close, yes, but never personal.

wilch
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
i feel like William is always holding back when we are together. close, yes, but never personal.

ya same last time we had sex he shouted "JAMES!" right in the middle of it. Man was that awkward...

Sarcastic Smile
02-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Why is it that Billy always seems to like the Euro fans a lot more then NA fans?

i was going to say that

also, i don't know why it says they don't get "close" with the fans.. he always does.. it's just always on his terms so he can leave whenever he wants. If he is at an in-store he can't just get up and leave if someone pisses him off..well, i guess you never know with him.. but it's less likely.

Forgotten Child
02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
'American Gothic' collates four exclusive new tracks that were recorded in Pass Studio in Los Angeles when the band were taking a break from touring. Produced by Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin, the EP features the songs The Rose March, Pox, Again, Again, Again (The Crux) and Sunkissed.

In addition to these 4 tracks - a UK Tour Edition will also be available featuring exclusive tracks recorded live on the February 08 dates

Preorder UK Tour Edition now - ONLY at 7digital. www.7digital.com/smashingpumpkins
Live tracks will ******* 'That's The Way (My Love Is)' and '1979'.

LONDON INSTORE!
To celebrate this release - Smashing Pumpkins making an appearance in London's flagship Zavvi store - signing copies of American Gothic and Zeitgeist!

When: Saturday 16th February at 1.00pm.
Where: At Zavvi Oxford Street.
Zavvi's Smashing Pumpkins events site

This is a wristband only event. Wristbands are available on a first come first served basis to personal callers only,

BlissedandGone2
02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
just from memory, from someone who hasn't paid a whole ton of attention, they did signings on the adore tour (i remember the boston one), they did the resume the pose tour in early 2000 with fan meetups, he met up wtih fans before some of the shows on the sacred and profane tour (i remember the one in fairfax va), he did the poetry readings with fan signings in 2004 or 5 or whenever that was, he invited fans to the recording of solo songs at those church sessions, he chatted with fans after residency shows.. and i've no doubt there are plenty more examples i don't know of/remember

yeah and if you go back to zwan they shot the lyric music video open for public participation. he did that thing where he went and got hot dogs with his fans somewhat recently too. bills been pretty solid with fan participation. better than most.

theZEITGEIST
02-14-2008, 07:04 PM
found this out 2 days ago. man its gonna be a loooonnnngggg day in london but fuuuuccccking worth it. bet newbie emo shits get the wristbands 1st.

wilch
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
ARSENAL FTW