View Full Version : old winamp 2 + plugins

trev
02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
i know a lot of people here run old versions of winamp, commonly 2.95 as i do.

what plugins do you use? there are some pretty cool ones that simulate almost all the newer features of winamp 5 but it's hard to find the good ones.

i use:

in_flac.dll - v1.0beta6a (it was hard to find a version that worked)
gen_yar.dll - copy files in playlist to new folder/destination
Piettro Pro's RockSteady 2.1 - compressor/limiter
winamp Enqueue V. 4.0 - like JTFE
KeyControl v.1.02 - like global hotkeys (has auto-play and auto-resume too)
pubradio.co.uk Playlist Duplicate Remover v1.1
Playlist Undo v.0.5.3

still can't believe how much this shits over all the other media players out there today.

hcueva
02-07-2008, 09:48 PM
So you download 300 plugins for an old app and you say it beats everything else?

How about you download iTunes, download a compressor plugin (hijack pro, iVolume, etc.) and you've got the same thing plus iPod/iPhone/iTMS/podcast/shared playlist/self organising playlists/real-time searchbar support?

Ol' Couch Ass
02-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Why don't you just chow down on Steve Jobs' withered old cock.

suncrashesdown
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
So you download 300 plugins for an old app and you say it beats everything else?

How about you download iTunes, download a compressor plugin (hijack pro, iVolume, etc.) and you've got the same thing plus iPod/iPhone/iTMS/podcast/shared playlist/self organising playlists/real-time searchbar support?

Whatever man. I'm die hard Mac and even I will admit that the customizability of Winamp makes it a fuckin awesome program. iTunes is OK at best

The Gaddrow
02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Why don't you just chow down on Steve Jobs' withered old cock.

I agree with this post.

trev
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM

in_flac.dll - v1.0beta6a (it was hard to find a version that worked)
KeyControl v.1.02 - like global hotkeys (has auto-play and auto-resume too)

where are they in itunes?

maybe take a look at the system resources required to run winamp 2.95 Vs itunes, WMP or even winamp 5, it beats the lot. under 15MB of RAM, shit all CPU usage even on realtime priority, all in less than 10MB of disk space that requires no installation / registry changes at all - directory independent.

CHLAMYDIA
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/94359__nerds_l.jpg

<I AM SAM>

Andrew_Pakula
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I still use Winamp 2.9 but I don't have any fancy plugins.

I like it simple and free of bloat