View Full Version : How to make shows go to dvd from .iso

Clselby
01-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Ok i have downloaded three shows and they are in .iso format. When i go into my Roxio DVD maker it does not list the .iso format. How do i make these able to be burnt to a DVD disk? Do I have to do some converting? If i Burn the image to a DVD disk will it play in my DVD player>?

drossbullet
01-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Magic ISO

Clselby
01-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Ok cool. What would be the best format for me to convert it to be able to put it on dvd so it would play in my DVD player. Will i have to buy it also?

Cool As Ice Cream
01-28-2008, 01:47 AM
If i Burn the image to a DVD disk will it play in my DVD player>?

i think so, yes.

rolmos
01-28-2008, 02:04 AM
ISO does not need to be converted. If you want a free straight-forward program, try out Imgburn, even though I'm sure Roxio can do it as well. It burns practically any CD/DVD image. The DVD will play on any player as long as the ISO is well authored by the creator.

hcueva
01-28-2008, 02:09 AM
An image is just a way to put a bunch of files together. The burned image will play on your DVD if what's inside of it is playable by your DVD. But anything could be in there, you can make an image out of .exe files, or mp3s!

As for converting, that depends on what dvd-authoring software you're gonna use. Some will convert pretty much anything into DVD-playable formats, some others won't.

And despite the risk of being called a fanboy, here's my advice: do yourself a favour and go Mac.

rolmos
01-28-2008, 02:16 AM
You definitely have to buy a new overpriced computer to burn ISO files.

Sebastian
01-28-2008, 02:27 AM
And despite the risk of being called a fanboy, here's my advice: do yourself a favour and go Mac.

Yeah but then he'd have to worry about DMG images ;)

Rocket Launcher
01-28-2008, 05:05 AM
DMG files can be burned with the Hardware Tool System Utility
On Mac you can use Liquid CD for burning an ISO

hcueva
01-28-2008, 06:51 AM
DMG files can be burned with the Hardware Tool System Utility
On Mac you can use Liquid CD for burning an ISO

Hardware Tool System Utility? Liquid CD? No, you just use /Applications/Disk Utility.app

hcueva
01-28-2008, 06:55 AM
You definitely have to buy a new overpriced computer to burn ISO files.

Overpriced? You obviously know nothing about computers.

rolmos
01-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Overpriced? You obviously know nothing about computers.

You're right, Apple computers are not more expensive than PCs woth the same configuration. :rolleyes:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

hcueva
01-28-2008, 08:08 AM
You're right, Apple computers are not more expensive than PCs woth the same configuration. :rolleyes:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

There's a difference between expensive and overpriced, just like there's a difference between cheap and underpriced. For example:

"Your mother is a cheap whore, but she's definitely not underpriced."

rolmos
01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
hcueva, why are you so negative all the time? Your head can't be up your ass that deep.

The guy was asking for help burning a DVD image, and you recommended that he buy a new Mac. Stop trying to convince yourself that your purchase was worth it.

hcueva
01-28-2008, 12:38 PM
hcueva, why are you so negative all the time? Your head can't be up your ass that deep.

The guy was asking for help burning a DVD image, and you recommended that he buy a new Mac. Stop trying to convince yourself that your purchase was worth it.

Sorry, I get used to being an asshole because so many people here deserve it, i.e. the bitch with the Prince avatar. But you don't deserve it, you're cool.

Apple rules, however.

Rocket Launcher
01-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Hardware Tool System Utility? Liquid CD? No, you just use /Applications/Disk Utility.app

Yeah sorry, Disk Utility was the prog I was referring to. I don't have my Macbook here at the moment myself so I didn't know the exact name. It crapped out some months ago, for the 2nd time now in a little over a year, and shortly after the standard warranty ended. Sucks...

aurel
01-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Hardcore thread.

Clselby
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
SO r u guys saying I cant burn ISO files unless i buy a new computer????/Does not make sense...Ok lets say that u take a dvd and make an iso out of it and then put it on the net . If u download it and burn the image to disk will a dvd player play it?

Cool As Ice Cream
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
god ur fucken stoopid
wrong board

TheMilstead
01-29-2008, 12:07 AM
SO r u guys saying I cant burn ISO files unless i buy a new computer????/Does not make sense...Ok lets say that u take a dvd and make an iso out of it and then put it on the net . If u download it and burn the image to disk will a dvd player play it?

Roxio does burn ISO files. You shouldn't need to download anything else. And yes, your DVD player should play it just fine (depending on if it's NTSC or PAL).

http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/burning_iso.html

Search Google a bit, and you'll find more sites like that one.

IWishIWasBlank
01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
god ur fucken stoopid
wrong board

Yeah but Oblivion Myth fucking RULES.

:gaysmileythatdoesn'tworkonthesecondtryforfuckssak ewhatthehell?!?:

cork_soaker
01-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Ok i have downloaded three shows and they are in .iso format. When i go into my Roxio DVD maker it does not list the .iso format. How do i make these able to be burnt to a DVD disk? Do I have to do some converting? If i Burn the image to a DVD disk will it play in my DVD player>?

i think. you have. to take it. apart.

Clselby
01-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks "I wish i was blank"

IWishIWasBlank
01-30-2008, 08:40 AM
My band is called Muck. We mostly do covers.

<a href="http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/sarcasm" onMouseOver="window.status='http://www.stuckinthemuck.com' ; return_true" onMouseOut="window.status=' ' ; return_true">http://www.stuckinthemuck.com</a>