View Full Version : you're all gonna laugh at me, but i made a shitty zeitgeist cover

xezton
01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
...and by zeitgeist I mean the song "Zeitgeist".

I got bored tonight and decided I wanted to hear a faster version of that song with some shitty guitar work and barely audible backup vocals.

Hell I don't even know if the lyrics are correct. Just pulled it all from some shitty tab on spfc.

It's on this shitty page: <a href="http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/ehvx/Zeitgeist">Click here to listen!</a>

I am by no means claiming I am good (just listen to that buzzing E string!!!), nor am I claiming that this version is somehow "better" than the original version. But I had fun making it and figured I'd stick it on here for no reason other than boredom and I've seen other people post their shitty covers before.

But normally they post their covers claiming that they're good and then let you down when they end up being terrible. I'm not going to let you down as I've now told you up front it's shitty.

But fun!

It's also on my myspace page (in my profile), but who gives a fuck about myspace? :confused::banging:

lucid_interval
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
so so, least you made the effort, the backing choir sound in the chorus is prob what most people are gonna slag you for (including me)

TuralyonW3
01-26-2008, 01:28 AM
slow down man

Fattening Ass
01-26-2008, 01:31 AM
whats with all these covers lately. Funnily enough, i found a really old and pretty mediocre vocal only WAV of me singing Ugly. It was a take of a cover that never happened.

xezton
01-26-2008, 01:41 AM
whats with all these covers lately. Funnily enough, i found a really old and pretty mediocre vocal only WAV of me singing Ugly. It was a take of a cover that never happened.

please post this :)

Fattening Ass
01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
hah i pondered it, but i don't think i will.

I have been here at netphoria long enough to know better.

cork_soaker
01-26-2008, 01:47 AM
...and by zeitgeist I mean the song "Zeitgeist".

I got bored tonight and decided I wanted to hear a faster version of that song with some shitty guitar work and barely audible backup vocals.

Hell I don't even know if the lyrics are correct. Just pulled it all from some shitty tab on spfc.

It's on this shitty page: <a href="http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/ehvx/Zeitgeist">Click here to listen!</a>

I am by no means claiming I am good (just listen to that buzzing E string!!!), nor am I claiming that this version is somehow "better" than the original version. But I had fun making it and figured I'd stick it on here for no reason other than boredom and I've seen other people post their shitty covers before.

But normally they post their covers claiming that they're good and then let you down when they end up being terrible. I'm not going to let you down as I've now told you up front it's shitty.

But fun!

It's also on my myspace page (in my profile), but who gives a fuck about myspace? :confused::banging:

have some confidence, xezton

Future Boy
01-26-2008, 03:20 AM
it sucks.