View Full Version : sp.com NEWS: Doomsday Clock video!!!

The Gaddrow
01-16-2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_2924
January 16, 2008 - Video from Doomsday Clock by ROH Wrestling

Smashingpumpkins.com and rohwrestling.com have teamed up to present an exclusive video for Doomsday Clock from Zeitgeist featuring footage edited together by rohwrestling.com!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmp1HaBcRws&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmp1HaBcRws&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pure brilliance.

SlingeroGuitaro
01-16-2008, 10:17 PM
somebody edit billys head onto the people getting kicked in the face

Mariner
01-16-2008, 10:17 PM
well zeitgeist is about as entertaining as a bunch of dudes in their underwear slamming into each other over and over so this is exactly par for the course

AlaskanBastard
01-16-2008, 10:22 PM
This left me feeling worse than after I listen to them playing Rock On

redbull
01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
this band just keeps pushing the limits of modern music

dustrock
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
this isn't even slightly ironic, is it?

brillo998
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
super sigh

suncrashesdown
01-16-2008, 10:41 PM
This is hilarious. I would have really dug this in middle school.

skipgo
01-16-2008, 10:56 PM
i think i'm going to vomit.

loser2d
01-16-2008, 11:03 PM
:hanging:

:rofl:

:embarass:

:erm:

Im not sure if there are any more of those damn things that can describe what I feel.

smashapumpkin
01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
so much violence

Ramdust
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh... my... God...

Professor Fox
01-16-2008, 11:15 PM
They really nailed the intellectual target audience of the SP community. j/k
I suppose this isn't the first time this has happened. I remember when they used Peter Gabriel for Wrestlemania- It seemed so inappropriate.

runaroundkid
01-16-2008, 11:15 PM
i don't know whether to laugh or cry. jesus christ, billy. why do you have to make it so hard for me to defend you + the pumpkins? you enjoy torturing me, don't you? you sick fuck. :(

joeyhines
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Billy Corgan has officially gone completely batshit crazy.

BurtSampson
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
This whole "New"Pumpkins thing is just a downward spiral.

Professor Fox
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
This whole "New"Pumpkins thing is just a downward spiral.

To Corgan's credit he didn't pull a Britney. Not yet anyways.

avsfan7733
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
i like how its a "doomsday clock video featuring wrestling clips", as opposed to a "wrestling video featuring doomsday clock".

And wouldn't wrestling fit into the whole Zeitgeist thing with the world going to shit blah blah paris hilton blah etc etc.

MonteLDS
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
this video is horrible at best

Rider
01-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I love the way people are acting like Billy being involved with wrestling is some big new revelation.

smashapumpkin
01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
this vid isnt really official is it?

redbull
01-16-2008, 11:55 PM
this vid isnt really official is it?

its on smashingpumpkins.com
i'd say that makes it pretty fucking official

BurtSampson
01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I love the way people are acting like Billy being involved with wrestling is some big new revelation.

It's not that at all, I am a huge wrestling fan and I think Billy being involved is awesome. It's just the marketing of this video as an official DC video that is silly and reflects poorly on the band.

MonkeyMan
01-16-2008, 11:58 PM
So I'm the only one who loves this? I guess it helps that I'm almost as big of an ROH wrestling fan as I am a Smashing Pumpkins fan though...

lapis
01-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I think this picture sums up Billy's feelings about this video perfectly:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8282/quickgrinrs5.jpg

"To me, the highlight video captures the intensity, passion, and stark ambition that is at the core of this groundbreaking promotion, as they continue to set new standards of what is still possible in the impossible."

MonkeyMan
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Here's news about the whole thing from ROH's website:

Ring Of Honor is pleased to announced that it has reached a partnership with Grammy award winning artists The Smashing Pumpkins for a cross promotion.

"Doomsday Clock" off The Smashing Pumpkins' latest album "Zeitgeist" will be prominently featured on the ROH "Undeniable" pay-per-view. "Undeniable" will debut on January 18th with replays throughout the rest of January on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems.

In addition, the melodic tones of "Doomsday Clock" provide the backdrop for an exclusive ROH video released by The Smashing Pumpkins. Check out the action of ROH at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmp1HaBcRws

You can also read the news piece at SmashingPumpkins.com and access the video at: http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_2924

"As a long time fan of Ring of Honor, I am thrilled that our song 'Doomsday Clock' has been chosen to be the theme music for the newest PPV," Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan said. "To me, the highlight video captures the intensity, passion, and stark ambition that is at the core of this groundbreaking promotion, as they continue to set new standards of what is still possible in the impossible."

The Smashing Pumpkins and ROH will also giveaway a signed discography worth $299.00 at ROHwrestling.com. There will be news on the giveaway soon in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire at ROHwrestling.com.

"Doomsday Clock" provides the perfect song for the hard-hitting, high-flying, intense action of ROH. Check it out now on The Smashing Pumpkins' latest album "Zeitgeist" now available in stores everywhere and on Itunes.

BurtSampson
01-17-2008, 12:03 AM
the melodic tones of "Doomsday Clock".[/I]

lol.

Twineball
I am deeply saddened.

Corganist

Exactly. Where have all these people been for what, almost the last decade? If Billy merely letting a wrestling organization use one of his songs is enough to drive someone to new levels of discouragement then they obviously just haven't been paying attention.

Besides, it's not like it's the first time Billy has allowed one of his songs to be used for something he likes. Nobody bats an eye when SP songs pop up on sports broadcasts, for instance. How is this all that different?

Esty
01-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Fuck, does Corganist ever disagree with bills choices? Fucking robot.

xezton
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
That video is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Honestly, you could have shown me a video of nothing but explosions on each downbeat of that song and it would have been the exact same thing.

I mean... it was cool and all when Billy was on TV for wrestling oh so long ago... but splicing together a boring video of "unknown" wrestlers doing the same move over and over again on each other "to the beat", then calling it a music video of any degree is boring and stupid.

I'm not going to go all crazy about it, though. SP have already been in car commercials, so this doesn't appear to be very different. This and Billy obviously likes wrestling of all sorts, so why not have fun and let them use one of his songs for them to promote themselves as well as promote his album to people who like Ring of Honor.

Corganist
01-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Fuck, does Corganist ever disagree with bills choices? Fucking robot.

I didn't say I agreed with his choice here. I'm just saying it's nothing that's so out-of-the-ordinary that it warrants the kind of negative reaction people here are giving it. On the scale of stupid things Billy has done, this one ranks pretty low on the list. It's just a SP song being paired with wrestling clips, and it'll probably only be seen by a handful of hardcore SP and/or wrestling fans. It is what it is. And it's not like he hooked up with WWE or something like that where people can throw out the usual "cash grab" line. ROH is fairly small time as far as wrestling goes.

Billy has done many more embarrassing things on a much grander scale than this.

Mayfuck
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM
like what

xezton
01-17-2008, 12:32 AM
like what

I don't know if I would agree that *Billy* has done more embarrassing things. Unless you want to figure in hiring whatever marketing company he did for the new SP? They are so fucked up and weird.

Rider
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
That video is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Honestly, you could have shown me a video of nothing but explosions on each downbeat of that song and it would have been the exact same thing.

I mean... it was cool and all when Billy was on TV for wrestling oh so long ago... but splicing together a boring video of "unknown" wrestlers doing the same move over and over again on each other "to the beat", then calling it a music video of any degree is boring and stupid.

I'm not going to go all crazy about it, though. SP have already been in car commercials, so this doesn't appear to be very different. This and Billy obviously likes wrestling of all sorts, so why not have fun and let them use one of his songs for them to promote themselves as well as promote his album to people who like Ring of Honor.

it's just a wrestling promo it's no different then what tons of other bands do with other sports.

xezton
01-17-2008, 12:37 AM
it's just a wrestling promo it's no different then what tons of other bands do with other sports.

Yeah I know, I kinda already said that.

SP have already been in car commercials, so this doesn't appear to be very different.

JRiordan
01-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Any Chicagoans realize how many times the word "Doomsday" has been used in the past 6 months in relation to the public transportation funding crisis? Probably half of the newspaper articles and TV news spots say "the doomsday clock is ticking..."

Billy should also put together a DC video showing Chicago Bulls "highlights" from the last few weeks.

SlingeroGuitaro
01-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Billy should also put together a DC video showing Chicago Bulls "highlights" from the last few weeks.

the only thing sinking faster than his career, is the bulls franchise

JRiordan
01-17-2008, 01:21 AM
the only thing sinking faster than his career, is the Heat franchise

30 point win tonight. The talent is there, no question. It is just a mystery why they don't use it every game. Kinda like... Zeitgeist is good, but it coulda been better if X, Y, and Z!

cork_soaker
01-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Any Chicagoans realize how many times the word "Doomsday" has been used in the past 6 months in relation to the public transportation funding crisis? Probably half of the newspaper articles and TV news spots say "the doomsday clock is ticking..."

perhaps you are well aware of this but the "doomsday clock" idea didn't begin with the smashing pumpkins

Corganist
01-17-2008, 01:25 AM
like what

Like actually appearing and participating in a nationally televised wrestling program maybe? I've been known to watch and enjoy pro wrestling from time to time, and I still found that to be a pretty strange moment in Billy-dom.

cork_soaker
01-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Like actually appearing and participating in a nationally televised wrestling program maybe? I've been known to watch and enjoy pro wrestling from time to time, and I still found that to be a pretty strange moment in Billy-dom.

personally, i can't stand any of that shit, personally

JRiordan
01-17-2008, 01:45 AM
perhaps you are well aware of this but the "doomsday clock" idea didn't begin with the smashing pumpkins

yes, thanks, but this is an SP msg board. carry on.

JRiordan
01-17-2008, 01:46 AM

I thought it was f'n hilarious!!

cork_soaker
01-17-2008, 01:49 AM
yes, thanks, but this is an SP msg board. carry on.

should i alert netphorians every time the tv uses a word that's in SP lyrics?

rolmos
01-17-2008, 02:10 AM
This is as official as that video of Jimmy pitching at a baseball game. So Billy Corgan loves wrestling, who cares?

Endar
01-17-2008, 03:26 AM
I enjoyed it if you like wrestling id imagine its a pretty good promotional vid... cant say i dont enjoy watching some guy get kicked in the head and his teeth go flying once in a while:)

r0cket
01-17-2008, 03:36 AM
what a travesty, billy's wussy voice doesnt even fit the theme.

BABY_i
01-17-2008, 04:18 AM
To Corgan's credit he didn't pull a Britney. Not yet anyways.

Britney is on top form... with regard to the album and what gets released from the album.

tcm
01-17-2008, 04:56 AM
wicked, thanks for posting.

Mablak
01-17-2008, 05:19 AM
a bunch of dudes in their underwear slamming into each other over and over
Are you saying that's not entertaining? It sounds like quite the spectacle, is there somewhere one can see such feats of strength?

Future Boy
01-17-2008, 05:29 AM
those wrestlers are so lucky they got to work with billy.

Mablak
01-17-2008, 05:35 AM
So how long do you guys think it will take for Billy to retire from music and go pro wrestler on us? I think the transformation is already beginning.

Pizza Club
01-17-2008, 07:58 AM
The following need to stop immediately:

- SP music set to anime
- SP music set to soap operas
- SP music set to Harry Potter
- SP music set to rasslin'

Sigma
01-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Well if any of you know anything about wrestling, ROH is pretty much the best, classiest, and most talented pro-wrestling promotion out there and they are also a very small indie company who has only just begun doing PPV shows. The fact that Billy supports them over something like TNA or WWE is really more like supporting a mom + pop record store over wal-mart or best buy. We all know Billy likes wrestling and I'm actually really glad that he likes good pro-wrestling instead of the crap that's on TV.

Plus, it DOES perfectly fit the Zeitgeist theme. And no, I don't think this is the official doomsday clock video. It's just a youtube video that Billy is promoting cause he likes the company.

xezton
01-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Plus, it DOES perfectly fit the Zeitgeist theme.

I think several people will agree with you on this as a sarcastic joke.

Mariner
01-17-2008, 10:10 AM
So Billy Corgan loves wrestling, who cares?

yeah all joking aside guys, most of you need to lighten up about this.

Mo
01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
What in the fuck?

skipgo
01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
The following need to stop immediately:

- SP music set to soap operas
i heard blew away on a soap once; that was weird.

MonkeyMan
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
yeah all joking aside guys, most of you need to lighten up about this.

This times a million.

Virex Kills
01-17-2008, 11:59 AM
"To me, the highlight video captures the intensity, passion, and stark ambition that is at the core of this groundbreaking promotion, as they continue to set new standards of what is still possible in the impossible."

Come on...I have a hard time picturing Billy referring to this as "groundbreaking promotion". Seriously.
It's completely ironic how this guy who makes an album lamenting the state of affairs in the world, but yet is a huge fan of one of the lowest forms of entertainment. Billy is turning into 1fatslug.
Honestly, as much as I want to give Billy more credit, I feel like he's developped the shittiest personality. I mean, ya he was arrogant and has always had a form of shitty personality, but he's really becoming a lowlife.

dustrock
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Exactly. I think Doomsday Clock is pretty tongue-in-cheek, but this doesn't seem like an ironic statement.

And if Corgan really thinks his fans are going to salivate over this, he's pretty out of touch with his fanbase.

Disarmu
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Having SP associated with sweaty fat guys in spandex jumping around a ring onto eachother makes me very sad indeed...first transformers then this..Whats next.. Ok Billy likes wrestling but theres no need to splash Smashing Pumpkins name all over it...I wonder how Jimmy feels about this??

skipgo
01-17-2008, 12:32 PM
i wonder if billy's a ufc fan... For some reason i don't think i would find it as cheesy if the ufc used a pumpkins song.
But whatever; bill's liked wrestling for a long time. I don't understand why, but he digs it so I'm not surprised by this.

Mariner
01-17-2008, 12:33 PM
This times a million.

board has suffered a sudden and inexplicable loss of humor

Mayfuck
01-17-2008, 12:40 PM
board has suffered a sudden and inexplicable loss of humor

this is a stupid statement considering the triviality of how the corgan sr on drugs thing was handled here, but then again you are full of stupid statements lately.

Sigma
01-17-2008, 12:42 PM

Come on...I have a hard time picturing Billy referring to this as "groundbreaking promotion". Seriously.
It's completely ironic how this guy who makes an album lamenting the state of affairs in the world, but yet is a huge fan of one of the lowest forms of entertainment. Billy is turning into 1fatslug.
Honestly, as much as I want to give Billy more credit, I feel like he's developped the shittiest personality. I mean, ya he was arrogant and has always had a form of shitty personality, but he's really becoming a lowlife.

I believe he's referring to Ring of Honor as a groundbreaking wrestling promotion. You see, wrestling companies/leagues are called promotions. And Ring of Honor is pretty groundbreaking as far as Pro-Wrestling goes. They have the highest content of athletic talent and acrobatics out of any of them.

Virex Kills
01-17-2008, 12:48 PM
I believe he's referring to Ring of Honor as a groundbreaking wrestling promotion. You see, wrestling companies/leagues are called promotions. And Ring of Honor is pretty groundbreaking as far as Pro-Wrestling goes. They have the highest content of athletic talent and acrobatics out of any of them.

silverfrick
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I think the Billy of 93' would have ended himself if he knew what things were going to turn into.

skipgo
01-17-2008, 12:59 PM
i think the billy of 93 was still a wrestling fan.

Corganist
01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
It's completely ironic how this guy who makes an album lamenting the state of affairs in the world, but yet is a huge fan of one of the lowest forms of entertainment.

Yeah, pro wrestling is certainly right up there on the list of things ruining the state of affairs in the world. :rolleyes:

This word "ironic." I do not think it means what you think it means.

silverfrick
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I think he meant it in the "It's like raiiiiin, on you're wedding day" kind of ironic.

The Gaddrow
01-17-2008, 01:33 PM

What part of that statement confuses you?

wHATcOLOR
01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
i didn't know it was possible to make wrestling any more idiotic, or to make it suck more than it already does, but once again, bill has proved me wrong

<sp3
01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
that video was completely embarrassing.. what the fuck was that.

Cool As Ice Cream
01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
this video is horrible at best
you're just jealous.

best video ever. JACKALS LICK THEIR BALLS. CHICKEN IN MY HEART! :cool:

???
01-17-2008, 03:42 PM
you've got to admit though, some of those moves are completely raw :rockon:

Mariner
01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
this is a stupid statement considering the triviality of how the corgan sr on drugs thing was handled here, but then again you are full of stupid statements lately.

it's my new job

dustrock
01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
you've got to admit though, some of those moves are completely raw :rockon:

Actually, I was pretty impressed, compared to the old days of the WWF and Stampede Wrestling.:rofl:

???
01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
shit's all about the bullet time these days

Fritter
01-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I didn't watch the video, i have the foresight to avoid it. Still this really isn't a big deal, like at all.

Professor Fox
01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Britney is on top...

On top of what? Her kids?

Professor Fox
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM

DeviousJ
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
www.rohwrestling.com was generous enough to use "Doomsday Clock" as the backdrop for one of their wrestling compilation videos.

Now this captures the zeitgeist

"As a long time fan of Ring of Honor, I am thrilled that our song 'Doomsday Clock' has been chosen to be the theme music for the newest PPV," Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan said. "To me, the highlight video captures the intensity, passion, and stark ambition that is at the core of this groundbreaking promotion, as they continue to set new standards of what is still possible in the impossible."

I'm trying to imagine Billy sitting there and saying this, and it's just not happening. Maybe that 'possible in the impossible' bit

wpc33
01-17-2008, 05:18 PM

Why did you edit it?
Billy is like Michael Jordan playing for The Wizards.

???
01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
ed. nvm

whats saddest about all this is that doomsday clock probably deserved a video more than any song on the record

???
01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
although the song could only lend itself to a wholly literal interpretation of the already-obvious lyrics anyway so maybe there's no point

Fritter
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
ed. nvm

whats saddest about all this is that doomsday clock probably deserved a video more than any song on the record

The only song that deserved a video was Death from above, and that video was made, and it was good.

mayday
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
It's hilarous to me to think of BC the creator of the tonight tonight video and SIYL video and then to see this. He really likes that wrestling stuff. ?!? to each his own

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
kafka would be proud.

silverfrick
01-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Why did you edit it?

MJ averaged over 20 PPG both years in Washington buddy.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 07:29 PM

totally.

RenewRevive
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
man, i got all excited thinking this was a legit promotional video for the band. to think!

p.s. wrestling, in all its ugly forms, stinks it up.

Jonny5
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I LOLed

IWishIWasBlank
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Fuck this post. It sucks.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
iwishiwasblank is a sex offender

flyfire
01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
no wrestling montage is complete without the people's elbow

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 08:41 PM
thats so mainstream flyfire. you got to get with the indie wrestling times.

flyfire
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
I watched that movie he did with sean william scott last night

still as a promo its specifically targeted

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 08:48 PM
are we allowed to talk about this?

IWishIWasBlank
01-17-2008, 08:57 PM
are we allowed to talk about this?

Not you, I, smashkin or skipgo. Everyone else can.

Edit: Also, edit your above post. I fucked everything up.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:01 PM
gotcha.

so, how about doomsday clock being played over that video of wrestling clips. some pretty brutal body slammin action there.

IWishIWasBlank
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I can't stand wrestling. It was *kind* of funny when I was younger... when I viewed it as a soap for dudes. But... then it got over the top of over the top soaps. On a sidebar, Mary Hartman Mary Hartman. Totally "Brilliant but Cancelled" soap.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:07 PM
a video of wrestling clips with doomsday clock in the background is the limit for me. at least they were all blows and throws

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
somebody said earlier, and i agree that corgan's voice doesn't really match well with the violent clips. should have had fear factory or something.

SlingeroGuitaro
01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
is ehvee uhn affaid (face kick)

IWishIWasBlank
01-17-2008, 09:23 PM
a video of wrestling clips with doomsday clock in the background is the limit for me. at least they were all blows and throws

Wrestling definitely blows constantly.

flyfire
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
actually this promo makes sense - over-production nexus btn wresting and zeitgesit

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
tell us how you really feel.

smashkin33
01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
so should i watch this, or what?

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
if you don't take it as seriously as all these other fucktards and are aware corgan has like wresting for a long time.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
actually, smashkin if you like wrestling slams and big dudes and girls getting thrown into ladders and shit AND you enjoy doomsday clock,

then yes, you should watch it.

PlayingTheAngel
01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/images/smilies/picard.jpg

smashkin33
01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
backyard wresting?!

billy's wrestling facination has always striked me as odd. but it is a guilty pleasure for lots of dudes. but then again he's kinda an odd dude- but that's cool. there's a thread about it.

i will watch it tomorrow, i have the day off again. i am too busy watching t2 right now. serious.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
ok well keep us updated.

smashkin33
01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
i'm sure everyone will be anxiously awaiting my review. my review of t2 that is.

when i first saw the announcement, when i glanced at it quick, i thought they made a real video for doomsday clock. i wouldn've been all about that. i mean Linkin Park got to make a video for their transformers song.

Professor Fox
01-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Why did you edit it?
my mistake..

Before
http://www.mbadiversity.com/magazine/archives/jordan.jpg
Bald, Chicagoan, Left teary-eyed and on top

The comeback
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38128000/jpg/_38128297_jordan_return2001_298.jpg.
Still bald, abandoned Chicago, destroyed career

Remind you of someone?

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
how did it destroy his career? he alone put the wizards on the map.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
i'm sure everyone will be anxiously awaiting my review. my review of t2 that is.

well you better not post that shit here, im sick and tired of conversations taking new directions after they're tired and redundant. what is this? real life?

Professor Fox
01-17-2008, 11:21 PM
how did it destroy his career? he alone put the wizards on the map.

Destroyed may not have been the best word to use, but he certainly dragged his image down. Although I am not opposed to people coming back it was kind of sad though to see that Michael couldn't perform as he had. It's like watching your uncle who was once sharp as a tack struggling with Alzheimer's.

ciGarski
01-17-2008, 11:26 PM
That wasn't even the idea or expectation. the dude had invested in that team and was getting fed up. he threw on a jersey played some games and got their shit together. it wasn't a championship run but a jump start to the wizard franchise. and it was successful.

thats all im going to say because of this cock sucking god damn ambigious rules stickied thread. moderating a converstation :noway:

but anyway,

how about that wrestlin video with a pumpkins song playing in it?

IWishIWasBlank
01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
i am too busy watching t2 right now. serious.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwxwUiDbRCk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwxwUiDbRCk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Terminator of any sort is more serious than professional "wrestling."

Wizards Suck.

Jordan: Legendary

Dr. J: Obi Wan Kenobi of Basketball

Go Packers.

silverfrick
01-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Being in the top 20 scorers in the league at age 40 isn't exactly destroying your career.

Professor Fox
01-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Being in the top 20 scorers in the league at age 40 isn't exactly destroying your career.

It is falling from grace. When you're at the top you have nowhere to go but down.

ryoga
01-18-2008, 01:37 PM
According to the ROH website there is an event taking place on the 26th of January in Illinois. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit that the first two shows were cancelled so Billy could attend the wrestling event (“logistics” being the reason for the cancellations) since they are heading for Europe on the 28th.

silverfrick
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
As this applies to MJ and Billy, age may have lessened the overall talent, and witnessing the decline may be saddening, but that doesn't mean they are not delivering a quality product. In both cases, they are just dudes who wanted to continue doing something they love. I think it is an incredible testament to Jordan's ability to continue scoring like he did at that point in his career. He put up 56 against Charlotte in 02' which was the 2nd highest point total for a game that year next to Kobe I believe. Bear in mind, he put up all-star numbers in DC without a Pippen. A raw Rip Hamilton was the closest thing he had to a sidekick.

ciGarski
01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
its an interesting comparison even though i don't agree with it. i think the big difference is that with corgan, his skills as a musician haven't waned whatsoever. the band destroys live, and as far as this decade goes, with songs in djali zwan and spun, the finger picking is phenomenal. thefutureembrace was extremely difficult music to tackle as a guitarist.

i know that the critisim is in the song writing though, but jordon doesn't really have anything to compare to that.

Irridescent Fairysex
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
:jimmy:

Professor Fox
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
As this applies to MJ and Billy, age may have lessened the overall talent, and witnessing the decline may be saddening, but that doesn't mean they are not delivering a quality product. In both cases, they are just dudes who wanted to continue doing something they love.

I agree with you here. I don't think billy has regressed in his live performances, just the albums.

The only explanation I can find why the pumpkins have packaged their music and associated it with products (ford, wrestling) is that it fits the whole idea of the zeitgeist of post 9/11 America.