View Full Version : Dream of sp?!? help!

r0cket
01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Is it normal to dream about smashing pumpkins members? I had a dream I was at a small Christmas party (about 5 people) and Jimmy was there playing sax at his drum set (Billy wasn't there). No one was really paying attention so he got pissed and canceled the show. Then he came up to me and gave me some mistletoe.

Anyone else have this happen to them? :(

Gossamer
01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
you're basically insane

batshit crazy i mean

T&T
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
i have a recurring dreams of being at SP shows where i'm sitting on the stage on a nice big couch. Billy comes over during the set and sits and chats about stuff, and gets up and plays some songs because we're at a "show" obviously.. it's a great show every time, best seat in the house!!!

r0cket
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
you're basically insane

batshit crazy i mean

i was afraid of that. wish my show had billy too. ahh well, maybe next time

reprise85
01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
i get them once in awhile. usually similar to T&T's dream. when i was first really getting into the band, from like 12-14, i had them a lot.

suncrashesdown
01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Another restless bitch still fucked

Rickpat12
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Billy was playing an acoustic show. I was the only one moshing/rocking out. He stopped the show, looked at me and said "Shouldn't your borther pick you up now?" (I don't have a brother) and then started playing again. Later he came up to me, said he was just kidding and was glad that I was rockin out. We hung out afterwards.

r0cket
01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
wow billy is a really cool guy :)

skipgo
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
i get them too. sometimes it involves me being at a show, other times it involves individual members of the band. But i'm not normal. and neither are you.

smashapumpkin
01-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Billy was playing an acoustic show. I was the only one moshing/rocking out. He stopped the show, looked at me and said "Shouldn't your borther pick you up now?" (I don't have a brother) and then started playing again. Later he came up to me, said he was just kidding and was glad that I was rockin out. We hung out afterwards.

i would say you are suppresing your homosexuality

BurtSampson
01-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Is it normal to dream about smashing pumpkins members? I had a dream I was at a small Christmas party (about 5 people) and Jimmy was there playing sax at his drum set (Billy wasn't there). No one was really paying attention so he got pissed and canceled the show. Then he came up to me and gave me some mistletoe.

Anyone else have this happen to them? :(

Foreshadowing?

You should've said, "No, but your brother is on the way."

i_adore_adore
01-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I dream about them a lot.

One of my favorites was when James came over to my house and started playing this amazing, cool thing on his guitar, and he was like, "This was how 'Geek USA' was supposed to sound, but I can't play it standing up." Then I asked if he'd write it down for me, and he said he would if I'd get him some paper. And then I couldn't find any and I was really frustrated.

Oh, also right before the Paris show I had a dream that SP played at some fair, and they had like 23894732 members switching instruments throughout the show. The music was this weird folky stuff mixed in with hard rock. It kinda sucked.

pete
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
This thread just triggered a memory of a dream I had last night...I would have completely forgotten it otherwise.

Anyway, I was at an outdoors free concert. And gradually everyone left and I drove them to Gatwick airport, where Billy paid me with a signed ticket.

I think it was linked to the fact I have my first driving lesson this week.

tensionhead
01-02-2008, 09:00 PM
i always wake up in a cold sweat cos bill just robbed me at gunpoint again.

AveryLoren
01-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I had a dream about staying up late to catch the primer of their new music video on MTV and it was like a matrix rip off with all the green rain and Billy in a black trench coat, he was sort of hanging in air and his bald head was quite visible but the black background made it look like Billy's head was just floating in the air, it was pretty weird but the music was ever more out there.

It was a mix of machina and Siamese dream particularly Silverfuck and Blue Skies Bring Tears it had this fast intro building up to this slow other worldly brake down then a disco like rebuild, the music seemed to have something else behind it, it was one of those surreal dreams also i was watching it in the living room of the house i lived in during 2002 and i had this dream in late 2005 well after i had moved from my childhood home.

Frankenstein
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
obsess much?

ciGarski
01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
corgan and i have had wild adventures in my subconscious.

avsfan7733
01-02-2008, 09:47 PM
the night before i saw them in pittsburgh i dreamt i was at the show and someone yelled something out, pissing him off and causing him to cancel the show.

Rickpat12
01-02-2008, 10:27 PM
You should've said, "No, but your brother is on the way."

Oh Shit!! Spaceboy I miss you.

darthjul
01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Dude. I had a dream where I was watching the Pumpkins play at the end of a long day at Disneyland! They were trying to close and I was saying "No!! I've gotta see the Pumpkins!!" That was a while ago.
Had a weird Pumpkins dream recently where I was trying to get in to the show and I saw Billy outside and I asked if I could come in with him. He said yeah, then when we were inside some other guy asked what I was doing, I looked at Bill and he just shook his head and walked off. Then I wandered around backstage where Ginger and Jeff were having a nap together and Jimmy came out of some door and said that he had just started writing songs for a new Complex record. He was wearing shorts.

I remember waking up and being really pissed at Billy for bitching out on me like that. Then I realized I'm an idiot and we've never actually met.

machismo10
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Are you guys serious right now? Damn! Well I have had a few Shakira, Brittney, and Beyone dreams. I suppose thats the same.... Well maybe not :think:

Twineball
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I've had dreams of D'arcy, Auf der Maur, and Ginger. Good ones, too.

reprise85
01-03-2008, 09:52 AM
it must be odd to know there are hundreds of people you've never met having frequent or semi-frequent dreams about you

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:03 AM
its weird to know that someone could be having dreams about you, period. i've had dreams about netphorians, even ones i don't know if i even knew what they looked like at that point.

reprise85
01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
yes... but hundreds, thousands of people? a little crazier.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
theres a lot of crazyness to be analyzed in regards to being famous.

how about hot celebrity chicks that dudes jerk to? isn't that even weirder? or people stealing your grass in your front yard, as what was happening to corgan.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
or have a stalker. that wouldn't be good either.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
no, thatd be cool. btw smashkin, last night i was freezing in your closet so i turned the furnace up 2 degrees, hope you don't mind.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:18 AM
were you shaving in my closet too?
but i have shitty electric heat and i don't really have a thermostat w/ degrees on it... just on, off, hi, med, low... so you must have been in somebody else's apt.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
:blush: no, i was shaving in your bed. have you looked down?

guess was that "G" stands for!

high five!!

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:21 AM
were you shaving in my closet too?
but i have shitty electric heat and i don't really have a thermostat w/ degrees on it... just on, off, hi, med, low... so you must have been in somebody else's apt.

it was dark i don't know. god you nitpick everything. if you're not careful you're gonna loose me

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
good thing i'm doing laundry tonight!

actually the night the OP had a pumpkins dream, i had one. i had bought some tickets to see them in chicago & madison, wi this weekend, and had to scramble to get a plane ticket. YOU WERE ALL THERE TOO!!!!

reprise85
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
was I there?

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
if i had control over the people in my dreams, you'd certainly be there reprise! but we'd be near your place, its like 5 degrees here right now.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:24 AM
it was dark i don't know. god you nitpick everything. if you're not careful you're gonna loose me
man, heat ain't free! and i'm not the one leaving shavings in your bed. you think it's free to do laundry? you think it's fun to lint brush your hair away? GOD!

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
it wasn't my hair.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:26 AM
man, you win. you took it to a whole new level of NASTYNESS!!!!!

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:27 AM
i do that.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
yes you do! with many funnies!
did you COCKUS yet?

reprise85
01-03-2008, 10:30 AM
if i had control over the people in my dreams, you'd certainly be there reprise! but we'd be near your place, its like 5 degrees here right now.

:blush:
Here it's:

50F
Feels Like
44F

I'm fucking freezing. What a spoiled brat. We only get weather like this for like 2 weeks in winter, usually it's in the 70's or around 80.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
i don't know if you've heard. but here in iowa we have a big cockus. but no we do that tonight at 7:30 i think. there's a thread in the politic board about it. im discussing bringing a flask to the couple hour long event.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
i like how floridians think 50 is cold and wear mittens in that weather! when my friend was going to UCF i went to visit her, her roomate (who was a native floridian) wore winter coats when it was 50. i was amazed.

i went to orlando last winter around superbowl time and it was only in the 60's- but i wasn't that dissapointed.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:34 AM
:blush:
Here it's:

50F
Feels Like
44F

I'm fucking freezing. What a spoiled brat. We only get weather like this for like 2 weeks in winter, usually it's in the 70's or around 80.

its 18 here. it was 0 last night.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
i like how floridians think 50 is cold and wear mittens in that weather! when my friend was going to UCF i went to visit her, her roomate (who was a native floridian) wore winter coats when it was 50. i was amazed.

i went to orlando last winter around superbowl time and it was only in the 60's- but i wasn't that dissapointed.

florida gets cold though. its a different kind of cold almost. it was 32 last night in orlando according to my friend.

we like how northerners wear shorts and t shirts in the theme parks when its like 40 degrees.

i was down there last week and it was in the 80s. very nice

reprise85
01-03-2008, 10:39 AM
it was 32 here last night also. that will happen like 2 other nights the whole winter. it's very rare, although probably a little less rare in Orlando, since it's a few hundred miles north of me.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:40 AM
yeah i wore gloves hat and a peacoat when i lived there and had to work in the morning. it got freaking cold.

like a real cold fall day in the north essentially.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
i shouldn't act so tough- i am a wimp in the cold. i'm wearing a wool turtleneck.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:45 AM
i hate the cold. its so angry and bitter. im gonna go to get some caribou coffee.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
we don't have caribou coffee here. just dunkin donuts & starbucks. there was a caribou near where i stayed in DC.

i'm going to eat lunch soon though, i made some kickass chicken salad

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
damnit it is almost lunch time. im thinkin im going to heat up some left over buffalo wild wings :rockon:

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
now buffalo wings i can tell you all about.
i spent enough time at the anchor bar in my time in buffalo- that's where buffalo wings were apparantly invented!

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
i've heard that! did you have some bad ass wings there?

reprise85
01-03-2008, 10:52 AM
i'm eating breakfast right now - raisin bran. i woke up at like 10. no work today, my grandma just got out of the hospital so I am staying home with her.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 10:54 AM
yeah. but only in the past couple of years i have developed a taste for spicy food. so back then i used to be a wimp and order mild or medium. i've tried their 'suicide sauce' though, and i thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head. i might stop in buffalo on my way to cedar point this summer, take the bf to see my old stompin' grounds and to visit my college roommate who recently bought a house in Buffalo. i'm gonna go to anchor bar, and be a man about it and order hot wings.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
i can't stand really spicy food either.

my sensation and perception professor had some interesting comments in regards to weight and those who enjoy spicy over sweet and vice versa.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
i can't stand really spicy food either.

my sensation and perception professor had some interesting comments in regards to weight and those who enjoy spicy over sweet and vice versa.
what are those thoughts? and was that your wine class, or aother class you got to take?
maybe beacuse i'm getting into more spicy foods these days i'm gaining weight?! :cry:

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
no, this is for psychology, i do research for this professor, hes eccentric as hell but brilliant.

its not that eating spicy food will make you gain weight, but typically those who show preference to it over sweets are more inclined to suffer from obesity.

i got a b in wine class. that was actually really really hard.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
overall, i suffer from a giant sweet tooth. but i feel like sweets are what get people into trouble- that might just be my perception though. i've just gotten into spice lately, mostly curry, i'm really into indian food right now. and mexican. i'm glad i'm not hungry while writing this- i just ate my chicken salad sandwhich which was awesome. i made it with marinated grilled chicken, onion, celery, red grapes, and walnuts.

wine class sounded neat, but i'm sure they have to make it challenging and legit.
what was hard about it? did you have to ID varieties by taste or something?

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
its not the food that makes you fat, and you're right sweets do get you into trouble. its the preference that is correlated to the weight. and you're a skinny girl.

it was difficult to know the history behind everything alcohol. to ID the varietals was difficult, to ID acidity and the type of grape.

mostly i had trouble knowing the history and the foriegn names and whatnot. i had copies of all the exams however.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Which oak barrels are said to produce wine which have a stronger oak flavor, more vanilla flavor, and a sweeter taste?<o>:p></o>:p>
French Oak<o>:p></o>:p>
Eastern European Oak<o>:p></o>:p>
American Oak<o>:p></o>:p>
No real difference between oak<o>:p></o>:p>not the hardest question but just an example.

and why the fuck did vbulletin just format it like that? i didn't put those things in there.

smashkin33
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
thats wild- the vbulletin formating AND the oak question!

so it seems you had to study and memorize material, not really writing interpretive papers on what you thought/appreciated.

ciGarski
01-03-2008, 02:08 PM
no not alot of that other then a few papers about some wine and spirit shows we went to.

and for extra credit i got my serve safe alcohol certification.

http://servsafe.com/Alcohol/

r0cket
01-04-2008, 04:02 AM
cool beans