View Full Version : Who here likes dEUS?

thebunk
02-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey all. Well I am a long time lurker and decided I should now take the plunge and register. Anyway, I just got my hands on dEUS's 1999 album "The Ideal Crash" and think it is a fucking great album. The song "Instant Street" is a dealy tune and one that rivals many of SP's epic songs (not all of them just some of them). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here has heard any of dEUS's material and enjoys them?

thebunk
02-22-2003, 12:25 AM
LOL, I guess not :(

Endless Whining
02-22-2003, 08:34 AM
the first three albums:
WCS
My Sister=My Clock (mini)
In A Bar Under the Sea
are awesome.
Saw them several times on festivals here.
The Ideal Crash is less appealing to me...
But still it is a great band.
Check the show @ Rock Werchter from last year... or the warm up dates prior to that show....Wow!

Nothing/everything
02-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Ideal crash is pretty different IMHO from the other two, but id'really suggest you check out both Worst case scenario and In a bar under the sea.

But i'm probably the only one in the fucking world who really likes WCS and in a bar, and loves Ideal crash. Stunning album, everyone should have it.

Michiel
02-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Great band.

You should get the first three albums as well, because they're musically more diverse, interesting.

Oh, get some Zita swoon as well.

babyletswhine
02-26-2003, 06:10 AM
import?

smashingjj
02-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
Ideal crash is pretty different IMHO from the other two, but id'really suggest you check out both Worst case scenario and In a bar under the sea.

But i'm probably the only one in the fucking world who really likes WCS and in a bar, and loves Ideal crash. Stunning album, everyone should have it. Don't feel lonely.

dEUS rocks my world. There's something incredibly fresh about the sound, everytime when I hear it again. I saw them last summer at a Belgian festival (Rock Werchter), and I actually didn't discover them before that. I'm never too impressed when I see a band live, of which I don't have any music, for the first time, but I was stunned. It's still one of my favourite concerts, right up there with Radiohead.

By the way, if anyone still thought they split, they'll be recording a new album soon, according to Tom Barman in an interview (in a Dutch magazine).

babyletswhine
02-27-2003, 08:41 AM
i heard that the style was gonna be something completely different, and that the guy from millionaire (forgot his name) wont be playing with dEUS anymore, he wants to concentrate on millionaire.

Nothing/everything
03-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
By the way, if anyone still thought they split, they'll be recording a new album soon, according to Tom Barman in an interview (in a Dutch magazine).

i do hope so, i really thought that the song just released was going to be part of a new album. When arriving at the local record shop, it turned out to be a bonus track on a fucking singles collection.

thebunk
03-02-2003, 04:53 PM
I already own In a Bar, Under the Sea and Worst Case Scenerio and I would have to say that The Ideal Crash is their best. The other two have a ton of great songs on them (i.e. Via, For the Roses, Suds and Soda, Hotel Lounge, etc.) but The Ideal Crash is their best effort. The other two are too uneven where as :Crash" is the fruits of their many years of experimentation. Also as I said before, Instant Street has got to be their best song.

Nothing/everything
03-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Nah, Sister Dew is the ultimate shivers down spine experience

Michiel
03-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Nah, Sister Dew is the ultimate shivers down spine experience

That is so true.

smashingjj
03-03-2003, 06:57 AM
I'd pick WCS (the song).

Nothing/everything
03-03-2003, 07:00 AM