View Full Version : Swervedriver frontman asked to join Pumpkins

atombomb
12-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Just read this: http://blog.myspace.com/toshackhighway

"Billy Corgan had asked Franklin to play in his current lineup, but Franklin said no"

Swervedriver are reuniting, everyone should check them out, great band

http://www.myspace.com/swervedriver

Kahlo
12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
I don't remember this band being great. I need to dig out some old tracks.

atombomb
12-20-2007, 08:16 AM
listen to duress, last train to satansville and the other jesus.

They were seriously underated and adam is a really good/creative guitar player

Kahlo
12-20-2007, 08:22 AM
could you upload them?

atombomb
12-20-2007, 08:24 AM
At work at the moment - do google blog search for juggernaut Rides. Should sort you out

Electron52
12-20-2007, 08:58 AM
i bet he asked matt talbott too... and tim lash.

T&T
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
he also asked me
but i'm clearly too busy.

Pizza Club
12-20-2007, 10:44 AM
He also asked Dave Navarro but Dave thought the costumes were too gay.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/images/2006/07/dave-navarro-tommy-lee-2.jpg

Catherine Wheel
12-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Swervedriver were really great or at least the first two albums. They remind me of Catherine Wheel. Its shoegazer but more rock sounding. shoegazer meets alternative rock.

redbull
12-20-2007, 04:15 PM
damn that would have been cool.

deathrockduck
12-20-2007, 04:19 PM
SWERVEDRIVER!!!! awesome.

and it wouldn't have been cool. it would have been zwan2. it would have still been the billy/jimmy show but with kickass guest musicians.

oh wait.

mccririck
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/swervedriver

ciGarski
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
well now. this sounds reliable.

markpregen
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Billy asked Franklin to join SP, until he realized he wasn't at least partially Asian and rescinded his offer.

Rickpat12
12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
nope

davin
12-20-2007, 09:40 PM
first time i heard these guys was opening for SP in december of 1993. i also remember buying Mezcal Head the same night we went to buy PI on its midnight release.

compared to the frogs i thought these guys were the best fucking opening band ever! i should probably mention at that point it was only my 3rd concert ever...but still, they made an impression on me that night, and it stuck. i was just rambling about this 93 show back in novemeber when the frogs showed up in austin. anyway.....

despite this flakey SP connection (if this is actually true), I think technically/stylistically Jeff S. is much more suited for SP than Franklin would have been, at least based on his past stuff (don't know much abotu the solo stuff). and not only that, but if he went to SP then there wouldn't be a swervedriver reunion happening. so i guess it was all for the best.

srt4b
12-21-2007, 02:20 AM
first time i heard these guys was opening for SP in december of 1993. i also remember buying Mezcal Head the same night we went to buy PI on its midnight release.

compared to the frogs i thought these guys were the best fucking opening band ever! i should probably mention at that point it was only my 3rd concert ever...but still, they made an impression on me that night, and it stuck. i was just rambling about this 93 show back in novemeber when the frogs showed up in austin. anyway.....

despite this flakey SP connection (if this is actually true), I think technically/stylistically Jeff S. is much more suited for SP than Franklin would have been, at least based on his past stuff (don't know much abotu the solo stuff). and not only that, but if he went to SP then there wouldn't be a swervedriver reunion happening. so i guess it was all for the best.

I was going make the EXACT same post except I saw them at the Aragon Ballroom.

davin
12-26-2007, 12:13 AM
^ actually I was talking about the aragon. december 10th 93. aka the ghostbuster shirt today performance from vieuphoria.

technically 12.10 was the 2nd night of rock invasion @ aragon, though it was the first show that went onsale and subsequently soldout....i remember this because a friend got to see them and show up at school in a purple/yellow starla/spaceman shirt before the original group of us who got tickets got to evem see them. we were peev'd. :blush:

MisterSquishyHalo
12-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Jeff S > *

bellis123
12-26-2007, 04:00 PM

Saw them open for SP in 93 also in VA at the Boat House.