View Full Version : Porcelina Vs LOTR

Irridescent Fairysex
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
A battle of the epics.

In one hand Porcelina is more simple but more beautiful too. In the other hand LOTR is like an old drunk english man pouring his dreams into you. LOTR is also a movie so the battle is not an easy one and the outcome is unpredictable. What say you, pumpkin fans?

AnnMarie727
12-18-2007, 11:41 PM
i love them both

Irridescent Fairysex
12-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I love them both to death too, but if one of them had to bite the dust... I think it would have to be Porcelina :( Thanks for your input, it would have been more desirable to know which one would you choose in a battle but your opinion is still of high value to this thread.

Tranzor Z
12-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Lord of the Rings is a close 2nd.

mojo
12-19-2007, 04:36 AM
A battle of the epics.

In one hand Porcelina is more simple but more beautiful too. In the other hand LOTR is like an old drunk english man pouring his dreams into you. LOTR is also a movie so the battle is not an easy one and the outcome is unpredictable. What say you, pumpkin fans?

as this post is at this old drunk englishman's expense i definitely get a vote and it's not for that bloated slab of escapist excrement made by that shorts wearing Kiwi.

kingy
12-19-2007, 07:04 AM
I liked LOTR but I LOVE Porcelina.

Also has anyone actually read lord of the rings? The movies were well made but the books are so poorly written and bad to read, and this is coming from someone who generally likes fantasy. The world and mythology created in LOTR is great, but the books themselves..........

Kahlo
12-19-2007, 07:07 AM
wow

just

wow that a mind could create this thread. Humanity at a new high.

Irridescent Fairysex
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
wow

just

wow that a mind could create this thread. Humanity at a new high.

I feel flattered :blush:

Feel free to give us your opinion, though. We'd really appreciate it!

skipgo
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
your thread is back, congrats Irridescent Fairysex. I promise not to ruin it with my mindless chatter this time.

smashkin33
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
yeah skipgo ruins everything.

in the original thread i mentioned that i like porcelina better, because i've known it longer. it's probably in my top 10 pumpkin songs.
the lotr trilogy is probably in my top 10 movie (or movie series) too.
comparing a film to a song is kinda like comparing apples to oranges (NO PUN INTENDED). but this is a neat discussion none the less.

I liked LOTR but I LOVE Porcelina.

Also has anyone actually read lord of the rings? The movies were well made but the books are so poorly written and bad to read, and this is coming from someone who generally likes fantasy. The world and mythology created in LOTR is great, but the books themselves..........
i hear you kingy, i love reading, and like sci-fi fantasy, but i could not get through any of the books. i enjoyed the films though, the scenery was beautiful, the story was good, good cast...

Irridescent Fairysex
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
your thread is back, congrats Irridescent Fairysex. I promise not to ruin it with my mindless chatter this time.

Thanks, this is not my thread, it's our thread. I figured that the collective we, the sp community, have tastes and appreciations in common. A shared love of the epic, the beautiful and the lord of the rings. Why shouldn't we dig deeper in our bonding?

Don't be affraid to ruin this thread, everyone's participation is encouraged.

I appreciate for your kind words, this thread came back like Mithrandir.

May you enjoy your stay in Middle Pumpkin Land.

skipgo
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I must admit I'm more a Porcelina fan than a LOTR fan. I did enjoy the LOTR record + book that I had as a kid around 1979 or so, but I haven't really gotten into the films. Though maybe I should, seeing as Charlie's died on Lost, it might be my only way to see him anymore. :(

smashkin33
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I appreciate for your kind words, this thread came back like Mithrandir.

May you enjoy your stay in Middle Pumpkin Land.
that's awsome ;)

PORCELINNAAAAAA of Nen Hithoelllllllll

teh b0lly!!1
12-20-2007, 08:26 AM
i think a more appropriate question will be

LOTR or ...
TOYOTA?!?

srt4b
12-21-2007, 03:25 AM
LOTR has 2 parts, Porcelina only 1
Porcelina takes about 2 minutes to be audible. LOTR only a few seconds
LOTR is about 6 hours long, Porcelina only 10 minutes.

I have never seen LOTR, according to Winamp, I have listened to Porcelina 260 times.

LOTR FTW