View Full Version : Sharon Osbourne mentions Zwan

Purr Snickety
02-20-2003, 06:05 AM
Big news (not).

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/20/arts/music/20POPL.html?ex=1046408400&en=83dd5b2b15ed85ef&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

You can skip all the crap, it's just:

"In a famous news release several years ago, Sharon Osbourne said she had stopped managing the Smashing Pumpkins for medical reasons. "Billy Corgan was making me sick," she elaborated, referring to that band's leader. When asked on Tuesday whether she had tried to recruit Mr. Corgan's current band, Zwan, for Ozzfest, Ms. Osbourne replied, "I did, because we needed new catering."

Nowadays Ms. Osbourne does not manage other bands, she said."

jczeroman
02-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Purr Snickety
Nowadays Ms. Osbourne does not manage other bands, she said."

because she's a bitch, and no one can handle her.

smashingjj
02-20-2003, 01:14 PM
whoa. quite some journalist who asked if Zwan were recruited for Ozzfest. That's like asking Arrested Development for a hardcore gangsta rap festival. :erm if that exists.

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-20-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, Zwan would fit nicely between Disturbed and some lame rap-rockers.

Travis Meekz
02-20-2003, 07:51 PM
fuck her and fuck her children. they're all only famous because of the only decent person in the family. and fuck that show too, all this reality bullshit shows america at its worst

The Pantsmaster
02-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Purr Snickety
When asked on Tuesday whether she had tried to recruit Mr. Corgan's current band, Zwan, for Ozzfest, Ms. Osbourne replied, "I did, because we needed new catering."

hm. <i>that's</i> not a loaded question.

CandyPotter
02-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Yeah. I saw this in the paper this morning. FAMOUS press conference? Jeez. This guy needs to get out more.

machinaddict
02-21-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Travis Meeks
fuck her and fuck her children. they're all only famous because of the only decent person in the family.
who is the decent one????

Travis Meekz
02-21-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by machinaddict

who is the decent one????

what's wrong with ozzy???? i mean he did too many drugs and all but he doesn't seem to mind it

I Ate My Hamster
02-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Travis Meeks
fuck her and fuck her children. they're all only famous because of the only decent person in the family. and fuck that show too, all this reality bullshit shows america at its worst

Well Sharon has been Ozzy's manager for quite some time now so she has a small hand in his success. Not much. What she said is fucking hilarious though. But I still hate the whole fucking family. Jimmy would make a great caterer as long as he doesn't confuse snack with smack.

:(

Samsa
02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
i don't get it. they needed new catering? ohhhh

:[

Travis Meekz
02-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by I Ate My Hamster

Well Sharon has been Ozzy's manager for quite some time now so she has a small hand in his success.

small is the keyword newbie :)

Junebug
02-21-2003, 06:08 PM
heh. Sharon's such a nut.

And I like The Osbournes. Well the first season anyway.

WhoAmI
02-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Sharon has been the reason behind Ozzy's continued success, i.e. during the OzzFest era. Ozzy himself said he doesn't pick the bands, she does (maybe Jack too?). Of course, without Black Sabbath, we'd never have heard of Ozzy at all, but your'e kidding yourself if you think Ozzy would have anything near the life he has today if it wasn't for Sharon. And yes, I knew all this before the damn show.

Seth

P.S. I have been posting here for over 4 years and would like to know why it says I've only posted 4 times when it's really hundreds more. My username, password, and signature are still on file, but not my post count? Weird...

Travis Meekz
02-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by WhoAmI
Sharon has been the reason behind Ozzy's continued success, i.e. during the OzzFest era. Ozzy himself said he doesn't pick the bands, she does (maybe Jack too?). Of course, without Black Sabbath, we'd never have heard of Ozzy at all, but your'e kidding yourself if you think Ozzy would have anything near the life he has today if it wasn't for Sharon. And yes, I knew all this before the damn show.

Seth

P.S. I have been posting here for over 4 years and would like to know why it says I've only posted 4 times when it's really hundreds more. My username, password, and signature are still on file, but not my post count? Weird...

i agree that he would not have the good living he does right now without sharon, he is way too fried. she is a hard working person, but she has no talent and shouldn't be in the music industry nor should her talentless kids. And they sure as hell shouldn't have credit because Ozzy is the father. They would be nothing without him of course, but fuck them. I just don't like their attitude and I hate the show now.

Cactuar fucked up a while ago and erased everyones post count. Email Andrew and tell him what you think your old count was.

severin
02-21-2003, 10:00 PM
did you know, that the bigger bands/their recordlabels actually have to pay like 200.00 USD beforehand to get on the ozzfest tour?

Oblivious
02-22-2003, 01:51 AM
i still don't get it.

mono
02-22-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by severin
did you know, that the bigger bands/their recordlabels actually have to pay like 200.00 USD beforehand to get on the ozzfest tour?

Two hundred? Not that bad a deal, I think!

Endless Whining
02-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Apart from mrs. Osbourne's remark which is basically quite pathetic, Ozzfest's contracts are quite silly.

For example when TOOL wanted to play a Lateralus show on their own while on the Ozzfest tour they weren't allowed to play within a certain ... km range from the festival spot. So they had to opt for the Oosterpoort in Groningen, which I gather wasn't the first choice. But a great venue it still is and a superb show it was!
A lot better at least than a TOOL show in plain daylight...because of the visibility of the videos...!

WhoAmI
02-22-2003, 10:29 PM
I actually think, given all the monetary success Ozzy's had lately, Sharon must be a talented businesswoman. It's not a talent I admire, but it's a talent nonetheless. And I agree that the kids are talentless, but that's why the show is so entertaining. You see how pathetically average they are, and it makes you feel better about your own life, cause all that money doesn't do any of the important things for them.

Seth

David_Lee
02-23-2003, 01:06 PM
I actually think, given all the monetary success Ozzy's had lately, Sharon must be a talented businesswoman. It's not a talent I admire, but it's a talent nonetheless. And I agree that the kids are talentless, but that's why the show is so entertaining. You see how pathetically average they are, and it makes you feel better about your own life, cause all that money doesn't do any of the important things for them.

Seth
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/o/Osbourne_Kelly/sq-k_osbourne_pink-mtv.jpg

WhoAmI
02-23-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by David_Lee

http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/o/Osbourne_Kelly/sq-k_osbourne_pink-mtv.jpg

Kelly Osbourne being interviewed by MTV News makes her no more special or important than you or me. Sure, lots of people talk about and see her, but do they respect her? Ha!

Red Wine Cage
02-23-2003, 09:31 PM

Kelly Osbourne being interviewed by MTV News makes her no more special or important than you or me. Sure, lots of people talk about and see her, but do they respect her? Ha!
"don't make me sic my dad on you."
http://cache.eonline.com/Gossip/Fashion/Images2002/osbourne.102802.jpg

Purr Snickety
02-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Now it makes a bit more sense:

"One journalist at Tuesday's (February 18) OzzFest press conference asked Sharon if she contacted Corgan about a spot for Zwan on this year's festival. "I did because, you know what, we need new catering, and he's a really good cook," Osbourne said, "and I just tried so hard but he just...He just couldn't make it (laughs).""

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=212333