View Full Version : how to make Adore slightly better

Catherine Wheel
11-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I think if Corgan really wanted to push the envelope he should have
included Waiting and Because You Are replacing Ava Adore and The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete. I'm sure he was somewhat worried about what people would think and was holding back.

I always found Ava and Dusty to be quite bland and dull and I honestly think Waiting is catchy enough to work as a single. Its just like Billy to leave great songs off of his finished products and Adore is no exception.

stripes
11-15-2007, 09:46 PM
ITS PERFECT:flame:

GlasgowKiss
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
VOTED OFF, MOTHERFUCKER.

AnnMarie727
11-15-2007, 10:18 PM

i agree

silent_brian13
11-15-2007, 10:20 PM
or he could have just let it alone the way it was.

or kept it more acoustic as originally planned.

love minus zero
11-15-2007, 10:38 PM
to sheila
once upon a time
ava adore
pug
let me give you the world
blissed & gone
perfect
saturnine
once in a while
shame
for martha
blank page

BlissedandGone2
11-15-2007, 10:41 PM
included Waiting and Because You Are replacing Ava Adore and The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete. I'm sure he was somewhat worried about what people would think and was holding back.

I always found Ava and Dusty to be quite bland and dull and I honestly think Waiting is catchy enough to work as a single. Its just like Billy to leave great songs off of his finished products and Adore is no exception.

you suck.

Endar
11-15-2007, 10:42 PM
dusty and pistol pete is the best song on the album...

zsp77
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
He could have taken all the songs from Machina, called it Adore, and it would have made for a better album.

trev
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
only way to make it better would be to add jimmy.

Mablak
11-15-2007, 10:49 PM
He should have included some of the adore demos, probably not chewing gum though, doesn't fit at all. And crestfallen should've never been made. And most of the songs should've been replaced with their live counterparts.

RenewRevive
11-15-2007, 10:51 PM
because you are? because you are?

BlissedandGone2
11-15-2007, 10:52 PM
adore is a beautiful amazing album.

stripes
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
VOTED OFF, MOTHERFUCKER.

SHITT ADORE SURVIV9R V

T&T
11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
i have such a soft spot for
blissed and gone.....

& Waiting

Catherine Wheel
11-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Waiting is so beautiful. It reminds me of Perfect but even dreamier.

AnnMarie727
11-16-2007, 12:49 AM
adore is a beautiful amazing album.
:D

BlissedandGone2
11-16-2007, 12:51 AM
ah mayday!

AnnMarie727
11-16-2007, 12:53 AM
totally agree with you brotha! Adore is just what you said

I love this Album so much

wangcomputers
11-16-2007, 12:54 AM
because you are? because you are?

indeed, that song is terrible.

Catherine Wheel
11-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Because You Are is an aquired taste. I love it. does it remind anyone else of Indian music? the drumming and the way the guitars are strummed.

MonteLDS
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Because You Are is horrible on 1st listen, even worst than Shame.

TheDeuce
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM
because you are sucks ass.

i love waiting though. i think that should've been on the album.

stripes
11-16-2007, 01:24 AM
I think we can all agree that we all like the new version of ava adore. am i right? i am right

wpc33
11-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Because you are fell out of Billy's proverbial ass one day, and he thought an extensive arrangement could save it. The verses aren't as bad as the interminable choruses, though.

never understood the hate on Pistol Pete. I Imagine a sepia-toned western with trains and that good stuff. The chorus is absolutely dreamy

Lyric
11-16-2007, 01:43 AM

wanker

stripes
11-16-2007, 01:54 AM
The chorus is absolutely dreamy

:love:

And I agree to an extent to whoever said something about it being more acoustic. I think that would have been really interesting.

chris1979
11-16-2007, 02:39 AM
Adore is perfect and the grade of perfectness can only be raised by Jimmy playing drums ;)

flyfire
11-16-2007, 02:45 AM
I think if Corgan really wanted to push the envelope he should have included....

is this word not blocked anymore?

JRiordan
11-16-2007, 02:46 AM
TFE made me like Adore more, because when Adore came out, I was not accepting of some of the musical directions they went. Years later, I like it a lot more.

sh sh shayne
11-16-2007, 03:34 AM
:rofl: I think if Corgan really wanted to push the envelope he should have

LOL at the idea of because you are on adore.

Honestly thanks i got a giggle and a half out of that one.

IWishIWasBlank
11-16-2007, 09:58 AM
is this word not blocked anymore?

Maybe there was an update in the way the forums work. In my opinion, you're pretty sad if you think you're l337 because you hacked Netphoria.

flyfire
11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
what? I didn't hack anything. I wondered if something had changed cause people have been avoiding use of that word and in that post it was visible

smashingjj
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
******* in<i></i>clude

spidrr
11-16-2007, 12:17 PM
dusty and pistol pete is the best song on the album...

couldnt agree more.

T&T
11-16-2007, 12:18 PM
sepia

this is a good word to describe adore....
at first glance it appears so plain
but with time it only reveals more richness
and you can start seeing colors you've never experienced.

xezton
11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
sepia

damn

stripes
11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
sepia

deep

exactlythesame
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
sepia

Words can't describe how accurate that is.

Are you single?

teh b0lly!!1
11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
its nice to see how catherinewheel still has netphoria wrapped around his finger,
blurting out some stupid nonsense every once in a while and watching people argue and bitch over it, while not once posting in his own thread, or any other thread for that matter.

flyfire
11-16-2007, 01:43 PM
lesson learned - cheers dude

rolmos
11-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Adore would be better getting rid of Perfect.

stripes
11-16-2007, 01:51 PM
how to make machina slightly better? by adding perfect

flyfire
11-16-2007, 01:55 PM
and subtracting...?

Gish08
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Adore is fine the way it is.

monkeyfritters
11-16-2007, 02:34 PM
the only way to make adore better would be to erase zeitgeist from the history books so that i could listen to adore again.

also change the cover to the vinyl cover which is more cooler.

seign
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM

That's a horrible idea. Dusty is one of my favorite songs off of Adore and Because You Are is easily one of the worst SP songs ever. Waiting is a nice song, but it's not better than Ava Adore. Adore is a great album and it's fine just how it is.

edit: ps., it's nice to see Dusty getting some love around here. I remember people hating that song. It's always been one of my favorites.

wpc33
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Ava Adore gets heat these days for being out-of-place, but it's a really good song, and even the non-fans thought it "a--aight" in '98.

Dear Adore,
I'll pull your crooked teeeth
You'll be perfect just like me

BTW, does anybody think the word 'perfect' is a parallel to its sister track..?

wilch
11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
should have added chewing gum

rolmos
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
fail.

White Spyder
11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
to sheila
once upon a time
ava adore
pug
blissed & gone
perfect
saturnine
once in a while
shame
for martha
blank pageLet me be the first to say: may you burn in Hell forever for cutting "Behold! The Night Mare," the best or second best track on the album, to put in a song like "Let Me Give the World to You," which is stylistically inappropriate for Adore.

2 pages and I'm the first to mention one of SP's best songs. Come on, guys!

seign
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
2 pages and I'm the first to mention one of SP's best songs. Come on, guys!

Let me be the first to apologize :D

xezton
11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
to sheila
once upon a time
ava adore
pug
blissed & gone
perfect
saturnine
once in a while
shame
for martha
blank page

:rofl: :banging: :confused: :think: :nooooo: :angry:

These smilies express my range of emotions toward the funny way you ordered the words in that title.

We should refer to all the songs this way:
"Bullet has some Butterfly Wings"
"19 and Seventy then Nine"

i_adore_adore
11-16-2007, 06:06 PM
i adore adore.

seign
11-16-2007, 07:31 PM
:rofl: :banging: :confused: :think: :nooooo: :angry:

These smilies express my range of emotions toward the funny way you ordered the words in that title.

We should refer to all the songs this way:
"Bullet has some Butterfly Wings"
"19 and Seventy then Nine"

Into Ruby's Eyes
That is the Way (My Love Is)
eh... I got nothin'

???
11-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Because You Are is an aquired taste. I love it. does it remind anyone else of Indian music? the drumming and the way the guitars are strummed.

i have to agree with this, its got a weirdly labyrinthine, arabic or eastern european vibe to it. i think the guitar sound reminds me of jewish klezmer or something

its a really interesting and unique song, doesn't belong on adore though.

wpc33
11-16-2007, 10:35 PM
My Love Is That Way (It Is)

Mayfuck
11-16-2007, 10:50 PM
ava adore is pretty bland. the album should jump straight to perfect after to sheila. the nocturnal tone of the album set by to sheila is immediately gone when ava adore comes on

???
11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
^sortof agree. for me to sheila is more of morning song than a nocturne, but its still pretty jarring to hear ava's clinical beats and thrusting groove just after the organic gentleness of to sheila.

Bjarne
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
stop complaining about anything billy did before the pumpkins broke up, because he did it better than any band could have ever done, and especially than you could have ever done, so just stop complaining about it, billy gave more of himself than anyone of us will ever give in this life and adore was the perfect follow up exactly because it wasn't what the people wanted, maybe in a couple of years you will understand

???
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
stop complaining about anything billy did before the pumpkins broke up, because he did it better than any band could have ever done, and especially than you could have ever done, so just stop complaining about it, billy gave more of himself than anyone of us will ever give in this life and adore was the perfect follow up exactly because it wasn't what the people wanted, maybe in a couple of years you will understand

hey guys, corgan rules is back

teh b0lly!!1
11-17-2007, 07:47 AM
no dude, that's Bjarne

IWishIWasBlank
11-17-2007, 09:42 AM
what? I didn't hack anything. I wondered if something had changed cause people have been avoiding use of that word and in that post it was visible

I didn't accuse, I'm just sayin'. Anyone who thinks they're l33t cuz they hacked Netphoria is pretty lame.

That was the type of thing you think is awesome when you're like, 13. Just got done watching "Hackers" on VHS.

Edit: T&T's Sepia comment is right on target.

AdoreSP
11-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Adore is perfect as it is... I dont even think Jimmy can make it better (except for Tear, Pug & Ava Adore) in which Jimmy would have made them crunching rockers but still as they are excellent as they are!

stripes
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
^sortof agree. for me to sheila is more of morning song than a nocturne, but its still pretty jarring to hear ava's clinical beats and thrusting groove just after the organic gentleness of to sheila.

I think Ava Adore would work well near Pug or something. I dunno. Someone start a dream Adore track listing thread

teh b0lly!!1
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Adore is perfect as it is... I dont even think Jimmy can make it better (except for Tear, Pug & Ava Adore) in which Jimmy would have made them crunching rockers but still as they are excellent as they are!

although i partly support your opinion, youre wrong about the latter.
jimmy is incredibly versatile and always managed to follow through on all of billy's dynamic whims. the intro to porcelina is some of the best drum work ive ever heard in my life, for one...
with that said, i dont think adore would have taken too much from jimmy's style of drumming. its just too far out for the most part - although jimmy's presence could have done wonders to some of the more "natural" sounding tracks - once upon a time, tear, for martha...
actually the drum work on adore is pretty great feel wise and the drum parts, both in production and playing wise, really hit the nail on the head imo...
so to sum up, jimmy's absence from that record is generally a good thing, although his presence on a couple of songs could have been nice.

an interesting tidbit to go with that:
billy said in some interview that because he relies so heavily upon jimmy's ability to take the songs to soaring levels with his work, it was very hard for him to make adore, because suddenly he really had to focus on textures and instrumentation much more because he didnt have jimmy's power behind him.
so adore's lush arrangements and all that is pretty much the result of jimmy not being there.

[/davin]

AdoreSP
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree perfectly with what you've said there!!! In fact I was going to add for martha but as it's not a crunching rocker I left it out...

seign
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM

When I read this post I kept thinking about that Britney Spears YouTube guy.