View Full Version : So, I'm posting from the hospital

reprise85
10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm so fucking happy, I was bored out of my mind. I've been here since Mon at 6am and hopefully am going home tomorrow.

Asthma sucks. But at least I have netphoria

duovamp
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Did you bring your laptop, or do they have computers available?

reprise85
10-02-2007, 07:17 PM
My dad just brought my laptop and cell phone charger.
I was here like 6 months ago for a week with nothing. Guess they added a network since then. I really didn't expect it to work, I was going to play some dos games or something

duovamp
10-02-2007, 07:21 PM
That's cool. So why exactly are you in the hospital? I'm guessing it's asthma related, but do you care do go into specifics?

GlasgowKiss
10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
My dad just brought my laptop and cell phone charger.
I was here like 6 months ago for a week with nothing. Guess they added a network since then. I really didn't expect it to work, I was going to play some dos games or something
NOOO THE NETWORK IS JUST FOR THE LIFE SUPPORT MACHINEESSSSSS!

reprise85
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Well basically I have asthma... I got a cold last week. It moved into my chest during the weekend, and I didn't help it by smoking cigs and weed. lots of weed. I woke up at like 5am and could barely breathe. I drove to the hospital which is about 5 mins away and they took my in right away - they don't fuck with asthma.
I'm surprised I am not craving cigs more. Also the bed is killing my back, they are giving me vicodin every 6 hours, which works for about 3 hours, and is the only time I can sleep. Maybe if I didn't take painkillers recreationally it would actually help me more - so this is all basically my fault.
I really really hope I am out tomorrow.

bja1288
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
life support machines/netphoria

reprise85
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM

actually they have two secure servers "millennium" and "wbmcdata" (west boca medical center)... and guest/unsecured. and they don't block netphoria like east boca did when I was there for my dad's surgery. they know about netphoria there. *and they didn't block blamo*

reprise85
10-02-2007, 07:41 PM
seriously my perspective for any entertaiment went from watching network news on a 6 inch tv to having the internets at my disposal

wHATcOLOR
10-02-2007, 07:44 PM
not only are you a weakling, but you brought this upon yourself

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
i posted from a mental institution once. true story

wHATcOLOR
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM
once, or more than once?

reprise85
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM
not only are you a weakling, but you brought this upon yourself
i'm a weakling, and I brought this upon myself.

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
i probably made more than one post and at different times. a dope place

Thaniel Buckner
10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
life support machines/netphoria
netphoria IS a life support machine.

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
i was mainly there because i was a weakling who had brought it on myself

reprise85
10-02-2007, 08:01 PM
man, I wasted like a day 1/2 I should have just brought this shit with me... I knew they would probably admit me based on past exp

duovamp
10-02-2007, 08:02 PM

...of.... ...God? MACHINAMYSTERYZOMG!

reprise85
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
the network is acting kinda weird I think they may block netphoria soon. yeah i'm bored

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
they? you mean the gods? we have a huge problem here with the ADSL because of all the ghosts and gods in the network.

Pretzel Logic
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
So, I'm posting from the asshole of dean_r_koontz

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
it's as good a place as any.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
they? you mean the gods? we have a huge problem here with the ADSL because of all the ghosts and gods in the network.

of course I meant the gods

reprise85
10-02-2007, 08:31 PM
To get up to go to the bathroom I have to unplug the IV from the wall, take off oxygen and breathing monitor. then I have to wheel the IV machine with me. my back hurts. And this takes way too long, not to mention they are pumping me full of stuff so I pee every 2-3 hours.
sorry, the hospital is the only place I feel like I can complain constantly.

wHATcOLOR
10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
how about don't smoke in the future!!

Dr. Phil
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
So, I'm posting from the asshole of dean_r_koontz

I suggest painting it creamy white.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
how about it?

wHATcOLOR
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
quit driving up healthcare costs, this could have been avoided with some personal responsibility. whatever happened to that

reprise85
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
what have I done

brendo_91
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
To get up to go to the bathroom I have to unplug the IV from the wall, take off oxygen and breathing monitor. then I have to wheel the IV machine with me. my back hurts. And this takes way too long, not to mention they are pumping me full of stuff so I pee every 2-3 hours.
sorry, the hospital is the only place I feel like I can complain constantly.bedpans are your friend.

personal responsibility. whatever happened to that:rofl:

reprise85
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
i should have got drunk instead and walked to the store and bought some shitty rocky road ice cream or whatever it was

and bedpans are <i>not</i> my friends ;)

reprise85
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
look ma, i'm posting on netphoria and doing a nebulizer treatment!

flyfire
10-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Stop smoking seriously, I didn't until I spent most of April and a 4 days in June in the hospital.
Can't fuck about with asthma. sweet you have access to servers though. They wouldn't even let me have a phone

peeing every 2-3 hours is normal too

reprise85
10-02-2007, 09:34 PM
i know it's normal it's just annoying as fuck
also I haven't really craved cigs since i got here. weed yes. *sigh* i really should stop

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Asthma DOES suck. I practically grew up in hospitals because of it. Almost died. Goooood times.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I almost died last time, I was on a resperater for 2 days, I didn't have enough oxygen going to my brain and I don't really remember anything. This time wasn't as serious since I didn't wait a month to go to the doctor... needless to say I learned my lesson and went to the ER after a couple bad days this time :erm:

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
also, why no deoderant in the party pack? soap, toothbrush/paste, baby powder, mouthwash, tissues, body wash
i guess baby powder it is

duovamp
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Some party...

Mo
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Do you at least have some hot foxy nurses looking after you?

Dr. Phil
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Your insurance company is going to deny all of your claims from now on since you have admitted to smoking weed. They have no doubt intercepted everything through the hospital's network.

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Do you have a nebuliser? That thing has saved me several times. It's when it doesn't work that I go to the hospital - it's my litmus test.

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 10:08 PM
This was me as a kid:

http://z.about.com/d/pediatrics/1/7/P/L/nebulizer.jpg

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
yes I have a nebuliser and I use it regularly. Also I take Advair and have an albuteral inhaler. I use all regularly.
my insurance company already hates me dr. phil, this might just be the last straw. I'm getting new insurance in Nov but it's still the same company (Aetna). I'm gonna owe the hospital like 50k :cry:

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
the nurses are not so foxy right now. earlier yes. i'm a girl btw. but I can still enjoy a foxy nurse.

I was going to start talking about the different mouthpieces for nebulizers (for example the one you are using as a kid sucks compared to new ones). but I will not go further than that. ASTHMA CHAT! NOOO

Aeroplane, I will also add you were quite the cute sick kid :blush:

Mo
10-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Okay then - any hot doctors looking after you?

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
the lung doctor is hot, but I don't know his name, and I only see him for 5 mins once a day. my regular guy is ugly but a great great doctor. he also comes 2-3 times per day.

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 10:16 PM
yes I have a nebuliser and I use it regularly. Also I take Advair and have an albuteral inhaler. I use all regularly.
my insurance company already hates me dr. phil, this might just be the last straw. I'm getting new insurance in Nov but it's still the same company (Aetna). I'm gonna owe the hospital like 50k :cry:

God that sucks. Been in similar position. I had Fortis at one point. God awful motherfuckers. Just thinking about it makes me angry. :mad: So I feel your pain.

Many hospitals are willing to work with you on hospital bills. Mine actually forgave a big chunk.

Albuteral all the way baby.

How old are you, by the way? Did you have to take Slobid?

Mo
10-02-2007, 10:17 PM
<b>Interests:</b>
songwriting (guitar/vocals), weed
<as>

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
God that sucks. Been in similar position. I had Fortis at one point. God awful motherfuckers. Just thinking about it makes me angry. :mad: So I feel your pain.

Many hospitals are willing to work with you on hospital bills. Mine actually forgave a big chunk.

Albuteral all the way baby.

How old are you, by the way? Did you have to take Slobid?

I was just kidding, unless they DID intercept this transmissin ;) they'll pay for most of it. I've never taken Slobid, I used to take Cingular but it didn't help at all.
I'm 22.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
<QUOTE>Interests: songwriting (guitar/vocals), weed</QUOTE>

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my pathetic existance

also I can't quote you for some reason, witch :p

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Then you're lucky. I'm, well, older, and back then they had this medication called Slobid that literally made you puke it made you so sick. my sister and I were on it and always sick, up through the night, etc etc. By the time we were in our teens, they discovered it didn't help the asthma at all and pulled it from the shelves. We were furious.

And oh, that pic isn't really me. I meant it as a representation of me. :erm:

reprise85
10-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Then you're lucky. I'm, well, older, and back then they had this medication called Slobid that literally made you puke it made you so sick. my sister and I were on it and always sick, up through the night, etc etc. By the time we were in our teens, they discovered it didn't help the asthma at all and pulled it from the shelves. We were furious.

And oh, that pic isn't really me. I meant it as a representation of me. :erm:

That fucking sucks. I really have no other words for that.

And I guess I'm kinda slow tonight ;) whoever that kid is, he's cute

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 10:51 PM
what? you're saying i'm not cute now?

duovamp
10-02-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't think anyone's here to make that claim.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
I bet you're super hot Aeroplane, I'm one of those girls who always fall for gay guys

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
pics reprise85?

Aeroplane
10-02-2007, 11:12 PM
this thread is making me :blush:

Mo
10-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I bet you're super hot Aeroplane, I'm one of those girls who always fall for gay guys

Even I'd fall for him, so yeah, he's pretty good-looking.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
ummm I need to get a cellphone to comp adapter for this purpose... maybe I have something old somewhere, I will see... unless there is some way to upload my pics from cellphone? anyone? I have internet but it's just a normal phone, I can only use mobile sites

reprise85
10-02-2007, 11:19 PM
http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc18/th_81585_kitty1_122_18lo.jpg

not me, but my cat who I had to put to sleep like 2 months ago :(

just in case anyone thought that was me

my back hurts but I'm not really wheezing anymore... damn my back hurts, fucking hospital beds

Dr. Phil
10-02-2007, 11:46 PM
my back hurts but I'm not really wheezing anymore... damn my back hurts, fucking hospital beds

Maybe one of these fine young netphoria lads could rub it out for you?

dean_r_koontz
10-02-2007, 11:49 PM
warsaw you elevate the creepiness factor by 10^33 here. can't you sneak out the back and let me, the more sophisticated creep try to get these pictures?

Dr. Phil
10-02-2007, 11:52 PM
warsaw you elevate the creepiness factor by 10^33 here. can't you sneak out the back and let me, the more sophisticated creep try to get these pictures?

As you wish.

reprise85
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
lol, i don't mind posting my pic, you creeps. i don't have anything at my disposal here though. I don't think I'm good looking enough to be stalked and I don't think I'm ugly enough to be ridiculed (I may be proven wrong on both of these counts) - and anyway I don't care.
and i seriously could go for a back rub right now, netphorian in origin or not :/

reprise85
10-02-2007, 11:54 PM
double post for emphasis - MY FUCKING BACK HURTS

reprise85
10-03-2007, 12:10 AM
I know this post will die without hawt pics, but check out these dreams I wrote about: yes they are tl;dr

"Strange dream. Woke up July 6th before 2am.

Eddie and I are at some kind of big, busy club. I think Eddie drove us, not sure.
Somehow Billy Corgan is playing (by himself) with a drummer (not Chamberlin), but he is sharing the stage with basically 'open-mic' performers, alternating kind of, or just letting other people play when they want to. I am contemplating playing a song, but at the same time not really serious. At one point I go to 'check' if it is really BC playing, and it's not. During the dream, there are a lot of different 'performers', including a (homeless?) guy with really long hair, two teenagers both sitting playing guitar/singing, others I can't remember. Every time I look it's someone different or the BC lookalike (who, in my dream, is a pretty good but not great lookalike).
-----
I am laughing so hard it hurts. I remember thinking in the dream, this is really laughing, when it's fucking painful. I haven't had real laughter, that absorbs you like that, in a long time, and it surprises me. A friend of Eddie's (Mark?) is trying to get us in to another party after this one, but there is some kind of problem. He assures us he will find a way and not to worry about it. I think it might have been Mark cause the guy had an accent, but I'm not really sure. We never make it, but the dream ended very early. Also at one point during this, I see a man in a blue shirt with a'crosshatch' kind of design, who I immediately recognize as my friend Mark (McLaughlin). I immediately stop him as he walks past us, saying something like "How the hell did we both end up at the same party?" As soon as he stops, he is transformed from Mark into two older (50's) ladies, both of whom look vaguley familiar. As I apologize to them for thinking they were someone else, the lady who morphed from Mark insists that she DOES know me, and we try to figure out how, but I am totally lost and pretty baffled that Mark transformed into this person. I ask her where she works, etc, but at this point the dream is unraveling and I wake up."

:erm: :erm: :erm:

uh, I only posted these cause I was trying to find a pic and saw this. sorry guys.

Aeroplane
10-03-2007, 12:13 AM
http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc18/th_81585_kitty1_122_18lo.jpg

not me, but my cat who I had to put to sleep like 2 months ago :(

just in case anyone thought that was me

your cat didn't bother your asthma? cats make me wheeze.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 12:18 AM
yes my cat bothered my asthma, but she was awesome and I didn't give a fuck. I actually had an arguement with my doctor about this. Right after my first big asthma thing I put down vinyl floor, got air purifiers and tried to upkeep on the hair more. In my opinion this little kitty was worth the wheezing... she was really something, she fucking waited at the door for me every day and never left my room except to eat and shit. The night before I put her to sleep she was so sick and I just kept bringing her water and stuff (on my bed), and cuddling with her. anyway, enough of that I'm actually kinda teary eyed...

dean_r_koontz
10-03-2007, 12:19 AM
just keep posting random crap from your hard drive. it will be riveting.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 12:27 AM
I wasn't planning on posting any more randomness, as I have given up on my pic search.
I realize now my posts are shameful. Shall I 'del' them all?

dean_r_koontz
10-03-2007, 12:32 AM
i'm hardly the one to ask. there is one man who knows better than anyone else what should be done in these cases. a man so painfully aware of how shamefully bad his own posts are that he edits them 95% of the time.

smurfing
10-03-2007, 12:32 AM
from your dreams i am guessing you are a very giving lover. am i right, reprise85?

dean_r_koontz
10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
and there he is.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM
i don't know where you got that giving lover thing from smurfing, though it may be true, I took the dreams more to mean I don't have much confidence in myself and some personal stuff I don't wish to share. anyway, I am actually interested in how you arrived at that conclusion, or if it was bullshit, either way.
also, good timing, dean_r_koontz

smurfing
10-03-2007, 12:53 AM
it was just a vibe i picked up... are you a taurus? you seem very down to earth

reprise85
10-03-2007, 12:57 AM
yes I'm a Taurus, but I think you got that from my profile, cheater :P

I just found a screw in my bed... uh I wonder what lifesaving equipment that came from

Lucy Sky Diamonds
10-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Smoking + having a pet cat when you have asthma? You deserve to be there.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 01:22 AM
yeah, and my cat is dead too :cry:

i've admitted that it's all my fault. seriously.

Future Boy
10-03-2007, 02:16 AM
I almost died last time,
You've failed yet again.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 02:21 AM
sorry to waste your time, futureboy

ChaosEffect
10-03-2007, 02:28 AM
i should have got drunk instead and walked to the store and bought some shitty rocky road ice cream or whatever it was

Thats always fun. Does rocky road make the green kind of ice cream? I will smoke weed every now and then but never get blazed. How much can you take since you have asthma? Drunkeness is always the better answer even though your liver will tell you otherwise.

Future Boy
10-03-2007, 02:30 AM
sorry to waste your time, futureboy

You can make it up to me by not going to the hospital next time.

ChaosEffect
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
I know I'm late and off topic but I finally found out where your avatar is from, I always liked it by the way.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Thats always fun. Does rocky road make the green kind of ice cream? I will smoke weed every now and then but never get blazed. How much can you take since you have asthma? Drunkeness is always the better answer even though your liver will tell you otherwise.

actually that whole thing was about an aim netphoria chat where wHATcOLOR was drunk and got out and got ice cream and then complained it sucked.
Honestly I'm normally fine with smoking, just when I get a cold it always goes into my chest - and that's when I need to stop. I mean, I shouldn't do it at all, but I'm just being stupid at that point. I'm either fine or I'm really bad, usually.

I hate drinking as it fucks my stomach up so that is not an option for me... I have had a couple of enjoyable experiences but many more bad ones

reprise85
10-03-2007, 02:40 AM

:) I'm soo tired and I can't sleep and my back hurts like hell... but I think this was a nice comment, I wasn't so sure where you were going at first. Of course I may be completley wrong - my equlibrium and all... I'm sure I will have fun rereading this tomorrow...

And your avatar fucking rocks, I agree with ChaosEffect.

ChaosEffect
10-03-2007, 02:40 AM
I hate drinking as it fucks my stomach up so that is not an option for me... I have had a couple of enjoyable experiences but many more bad ones

Oh I have a a couple of friends with the same problem. Yet they insist on doing it even though I tell them otherwise. Thankfully they don't drink that often.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 02:44 AM
I've done it knowing I would get sick but not in 2+ years. I drink one or two beers like once a month when I'm feeling good and don't think it will bother me - usually I'm right. Liquor, no way, ever.

reprise85
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I got to sleep at like 5am and up at 8... doc should be in by 12. back hurts. coughing up lots of phlem, which I hadn't been doing before... i hope i go home but i'm kinda worried i won't :/

brendo_91
10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
reprise, if your phone and computer both have bluetooth you can transfer between them, i know you asked a page ago, but i just read it now, so.

mxzombie
10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
my little sister was born at west boca medical center

reprise85
10-03-2007, 01:31 PM
thanks brendo, my phone is dead but I *think* both have bluetooth... I will check when I get home in about 2 hours.
mxzombie, that's cool. you live in miami now?

mxzombie
10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
mxzombie, that's cool. you live in miami now?yeah, i grew up in parkland and then moved down here for school

mayday
10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Well basically I have asthma... I got a cold last week. It moved into my chest during the weekend, and I didn't help it by smoking cigs and weed. lots of weed. I woke up at like 5am and could barely breathe. I drove to the hospital which is about 5 mins away and they took my in right away - they don't fuck with asthma.
I'm surprised I am not craving cigs more. Also the bed is killing my back, they are giving me vicodin every 6 hours, which works for about 3 hours, and is the only time I can sleep. Maybe if I didn't take painkillers recreationally it would actually help me more - so this is all basically my fault.
I really really hope I am out tomorrow.

yeah not being able to breath is not fun. you have to get off the smokes, and abusing painkillers is not a good idea. no news to you though. i hope you feel better :)

dean_r_koontz
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
your hobby of lighting bonfires in the yard and inhaling the smoke is also something you should consider dropping