View Full Version : Donovan McNabb is getting lit the fuck up

Tchocky
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Eleven sacks. ELEVEN. And there are still nine minutes left in the game.

Not even Jon Kitna gets sacked this much. I never would have guessed that there was this much of a drop-off between William Thomas and former USC standout Winston Justice, but fuck, Osi Umenyora is playing like a man possessed.

P.S.: Lions are 3-1!

pale blue eyes
09-30-2007, 11:06 PM
It is pretty terrible. Defensively they aren't playing that bad but they are getting beat in pretty much every way offensively. Ugh.

Eulogy
09-30-2007, 11:23 PM

ugggggh.

Ever
09-30-2007, 11:24 PM
There goes my fantasy team :(

pale blue eyes
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Christ, could they have gotten any more penalties? If this is what they are going to be like then I am sort of looking forward to the bye week.

mv2007
09-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Eagles O-line is pretty good.

Frankly, I'm happy with that. I was at a sports bar before the game started & it was filled with Eagles fans...they're the worst. The absolute worst. No Philly sports team has won a fucking thing since 1983 and they still won't shut up.

silent_brian13
09-30-2007, 11:37 PM
This was awesome.my fantasy opponent had mcnabb.what a game for the g men

Mooney
09-30-2007, 11:52 PM
big game tommorrow night. lets go bengals!

Chuck=Zero
10-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Boy, what a "buzzkill" the Eagles were tonight. We were all thrilled 'bout the Phillies, and we thought "Oh boy, this day's gonna get even better when the Eagles beat the Giants!" I can't remember a worse performance by the Eagles against the Giants in the McNabb era (sure, the home opening defeat last year was bad, but at least the offense was on in the first three quarters). I'm kinda glad this happened, hopefully the fans will give the "E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!" chants a rest and everyone can get behind the Phils; the jackasses who still wore Eagles clothes to the Phillies game today annoyed me. This game served as a good reality check for the Eagles and the fans, seeing that last week's blowout against the Lions was merely a fluke. The Eagles have glaring problems in just about all areas of the game, we knew about McNabb being rusty, the "patchwork" special teams, and the defense's inability to stop the run, but we discovered even more tonight. Along with the sketchy run defense, it came more apparent that the defensive line is unable to get much pressure on the QB (I can't remember an Eagles game where Eli Manning looked so comfortable in the pocket). McNabb getting sacked 12 times tonight makes it obvious that no, this offensive line isn't alright; I never knew who Winston Justice was 'til he kept getting burned again & again tonight. And finally, we've realized how fragile Brian Westbrook, he's our gamebreaker but it seems the team has to be very cautious on how much he's used.

Netphorian Gadabout
10-01-2007, 12:45 AM
If you had told me going into Week 5, I'd be seeing a game between the 3-1 Lions and the 2-1 Deadskins, I'd have called the insane asylum and had them come lock you away. Those are two terrible franchises (well, in the last decade, anyway, on the redskins part) who someone have somehow managed to pull their heads out of their asses.

Andy /
10-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I can't stand Madden, but someone must have lit a fire under his ass tonight because he actually had several moments of great football analysis.

Andy /
10-01-2007, 12:49 AM
He actually called a few players out for bad plays, too, which he doesn't do that often, let alone with such obvious disgust that only coaches can portray.

Chuck=Zero
10-01-2007, 01:20 AM
It is nice to see that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are enjoying the Jeff Garcia experience, they're now 3-1. Ouch, just found out watchin' ESPN's Blitz that they did lose Cadillac Williams for the year.

pale blue eyes
10-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Boy, what a "buzzkill" the Eagles were tonight. We were all thrilled 'bout the Phillies, and we thought "Oh boy, this day's gonna get even better when the Eagles beat the Giants!"

Anybody who calls the Eagles winning a game against the Giants before the game starts is an idiot. Yes, they needed to win this game going into the bye week but I never assumed they would. You never know how these games will play out.

I can't remember a worse performance by the Eagles against the Giants in the McNabb era (sure, the home opening defeat last year was bad, but at least the offense was on in the first three quarters).

Agreed. It was pretty bad to watch from the start. Their defense just had our number plain and simple. We had one decent drive and they disrupted everything else.

This game served as a good reality check for the Eagles and the fans, seeing that last week's blowout against the Lions was merely a fluke.

Well, they were playing the Lions whose defense still stinks besides having a decent offense this year.

The Eagles have glaring problems in just about all areas of the game, we knew about McNabb being rusty, the "patchwork" special teams, and the defense's inability to stop the run, but we discovered even more tonight.

I wouldn't say they have glaring problems. Their offense is anemic for sure but the defense only gave up like eighty yards on the ground and have been pretty good this year. They main problem is in their secondary. As for special teams, that seems to be the only part of the team showing some improvement. They didn't give up a huge return and Mahe is back.

it came more apparent that the defensive line is unable to get much pressure on the QB (I can't remember an Eagles game where Eli Manning looked so comfortable in the pocket).

True, but the game could have been a lot worse. It was a seven point game until late in the third quarter and I think the end was more the defense getting tired and McNabb coughing up the ball after being sacked for the tenth time as opposed them to outright sucking like the offense was.

McNabb getting sacked 12 times tonight makes it obvious that no, this offensive line isn't alright

That and the Giants have a pretty good defense despite how many points they have given up in the first three games.

I never knew who Winston Justice was 'til he kept getting burned again & again tonight.

No argument here from me.

And finally, we've realized how fragile Brian Westbrook, he's our gamebreaker but it seems the team has to be very cautious on how much he's used.

No, it just seemed to me like they didn't want him getting even more hurt considering his rib had a pretty good chance of poking through the tear in the muscle near there. They have a bye week next week and probably figured him missing one game was better than risking him being hit in the wrong place and being out longer. Rib injuries suck, too. That shit fucking hurts. It's not just what he can do out on the field that makes him so valuable, it's what other teams know he is capable of. He's a great back and receiver, but he's the best red herring. The opposing defense always has to be aware of where he is and a lot of plays are made because they pay too much attention to him and not to NoName Receiver #3.

sppunk
10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Fuck you, Eulogy, for not setting your fantasy football roster.

You have seven points, you stupid motherfucking douchenozzle.

Tonrey
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I respect McNabb and I think he is a great QB, but it has come apparent The Eagles probably can't win with him anymore, for whatever strange reason. We are 3-10 in his last 13 starts.

Something is going on but I can't figure it out. I wish he could stay 10 more years though, he has the ability but the there is something wrong with this team. The heart of just a few years ago is gone, even though there is more talent in many areas. I think it kinda died during the 2005 season and it never fully came back. The Superbowl loss really got to the players. We'll see how this season comes out, but I have never been more embarassed watching an Eagles game then the one last night.

pale blue eyes
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I think the team as a whole has problems, I don't think it's just McNabb that is making us this bad. If you put Kolb or Feeley in with the same players who played Sunday I honestly still do not see them winning. The offensive line just plain got beat the fuck up by the Giants and you can only throw so well when you get sacked on every other play.

Nimrod's Son
10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Nothing in football makes me happier than seeing the Giants knock the fuck out of the Eagles and their fans crying and hating some more on their own players. Nothing.

Worst fans in professional sports. Worst.

Chuck=Zero
10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Nothing in football makes me happier than seeing the Giants knock the fuck out of the Eagles and their fans crying and hating some more on their own players. Nothing.

Worst fans in professional sports. Worst.

LOL, another "you guys are the worst" lecture from a New York fan. I could respect such a lecture from say, a Green Bay Packers fan or St. Louis Cardinals fan, but hearing this nonsense from the likes of New Yorkers, Bostonians and Chicago fans is hysterical. Cities such as those have fans who are just as negative towards their teams & players when they're not doin' well and vile as the most obnoxious Philly fans. It's funny how they suddenly get this "holier than thou" attitude when they think of Philly fans. :rolleyes:

smurfing
10-01-2007, 10:50 PM
EVERYDAY YOU MUST SAY SO HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT MY LIFE
ANYTHING IS HARD TO FIND WHEN YOU WONT OPEN YOUR EYES
WHEN WILL YOU ACCEPT YOURSELLLF