View Full Version : Illegal immigrants making it into the UK in Tony Blair's car

RopeyLopey
09-29-2007, 01:00 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=484210&in_page_id=1770&ICO=NEWS&ICL=TOPART

the whole story is quite funny, however I was really surprised by the numbers at the end of the article:

The Office for National Statistics said 574,000 immigrants came to live in Britain between June 2005 and 2006.
I understand UK is a pretty big country, but I did not expect the number to be THAT high. Canada takes slightly below 250,000 guys annually as of now.

But this caught me really off-guard:

At the same time, a record number of British citizens are leaving the country. An unprecedented 196,000 Britons emigrated last year with Australia, Spain and the U.S. among the most popular destinations.

196,000 Britons emigrating every year? Wow. Canada, better get this folk over here, quick!

pete
09-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Quite a funny story...but then agin its the Daily Mail, they make up the biggest load of shit, i wouldn't believe what they write most of the time.

Immigration...British people seem to bitch about this the whole time...its practically ingrained in our systems...any excuse the media has to bitch about immigration they go for it. I dont think migration away from Britain is too bad for us though. France is twice the size of Britain but it has the same population. Its really overcrowded, especially the South-East.

RopeyLopey
09-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Quite a funny story...but then agin its the Daily Mail, they make up the biggest load of shit, i wouldn't believe what they write most of the time.

Immigration...British people seem to bitch about this the whole time...its practically ingrained in our systems...any excuse the media has to bitch about immigration they go for it. I dont think migration away from Britain is too bad for us though. France is twice the size of Britain but it has the same population. Its really overcrowded, especially the South-East.
well surely I had to go to Daily Mail to find the article, but still the truth is 4 guys immigrated into the UK with Tony Blair's car.

Migration away from Britain is not bad for you? Do you really think so? I hope you are not that naive that the people that are leaving the UK and the ones coming to the UK - you could compare them on 1:1 ratio with respect what do they mean for the UK economy.