View Full Version : anybody watching the women's world cup?

mxzombie
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM
upsetting defeat this morning :(

usa 0:4 brazil. one of brazil's was an own goal :( but now i get to see germany and brazil play in the finals on sunday morning!

flyfire
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
think brazil has this in the bag.

mxzombie
09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
sure hope not. i hate when brazil wins

GlasgowKiss
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
sure hope not. i hate when brazil wins
I wouldnt worry, it was a pretty stupid statement.

monkeyfritters
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
WHO CARES

Trotskilicious
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
i am watching. i like how tough these chicks are. abby wambach could kick most of our asses, i'm sure of it.

so how about that apocalyptically awful move benching hope solo for the semi-final game? the only way i can make sense of this is if the coach bet against the team to win himself money. there's no reason to start a 37 year old keeper over someone that was having such a splendid tournament.

and that final goal by Marta for Brazil was absolutely incredible.

GlasgowKiss
09-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I might buy some new nipple clamps in honour of the german women reaching the final.

Trotskilicious
09-27-2007, 11:45 AM
sounds good GK

i'd like to also mention that Nike's tagline for the U.S. Women "The Best Team You Never Heard Of" will continue to be true since no one here is going to notice that they are playing in the 3rd place game. America only retroactively cares when the US Women win 1st place (but they weren't watching, anyway). Although I'm pretty proud of the fact that U.S. Women's Athletics is in such excellent shape that even our national squad for a sport the country by and large ignorantly pooh-poohs and generally doesn't care about is a world class team.

Ever
09-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Soccer is a great girls sport

kekekkekekekekeke

Ever
09-28-2007, 06:44 AM
:S I don't really mean it.

I'm Hardcore
09-28-2007, 06:51 AM
NZ sucked so i lost interest really quick

GlasgowKiss
09-28-2007, 07:35 AM
more like 'martin lol'

I'm Hardcore
09-28-2007, 07:46 AM
arsene wanker
cesc fuckmyarse
jens gaymann
emmanuel ebonics

this is fun

GlasgowKiss
09-28-2007, 08:48 AM
arsene wanker
cesc fuckmyarse
jens gaymann
emmanuel ebonics

this is fun
More like,

'arsene winner'
'cesc fabulous'.
'jens lawman'
'emmanuel eboue'

Kahlo
09-28-2007, 09:23 AM
my local womens team are 40% lesbian 30% manly

cork_soaker
09-28-2007, 10:04 AM
More like,

'arsene winner'
'cesc fabulous'.
'jens lawman'
'emmanuel eboue'

"hope solo" : erm :

Eulogy
09-28-2007, 10:09 AM
i can watch women play soccer and enjoy it. these games are way too early though.

and i was glad hope solo ripped her coach. she probably didn't mean to insult scurry, and it needed to be said. what a joke. hope solo, you have gone 300 minutes without allowing a goal! you know what you've earned by doing that? A BENCHING. AHHHHAHAHAHA.

cork_soaker
09-28-2007, 10:15 AM
hope solo, you have gone 300 minutes without allowing a goal! you know what you've earned by doing that? A BENCHING. AHHHHAHAHAHA.

and then they lost. badly.

"Whoops...erm....heh heh," said coach Ryan in an awkward post-game interview.

mxzombie
09-28-2007, 12:24 PM
looking forward to sunday morning. third place game starts at 5am et and then the finals are right after that at 8am et. gonna be a fun morning

beef curtains
09-28-2007, 01:10 PM
so how about that apocalyptically awful move benching hope solo for the semi-final game? the only way i can make sense of this is if the coach bet against the team to win himself money. there's no reason to start a 37 year old keeper over someone that was having such a splendid tournament.

I graduated high school with hope solo. She was a real bitch.

cork_soaker
09-28-2007, 01:15 PM
what a fucking bitch she must be

Eulogy
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
whatever, she was fucking right. and she has every right to be flat-out pissed about the whole situation.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 02:11 PM
i was in a bar last night with some friends and a highlight came on and they were taking about the goalie from the us team. her name was at the bottom of the screen, and i couldn't quite read it from where i was, and i thought that it said her name was Hans Solo

Trotskilicious
09-28-2007, 02:38 PM
I graduated high school with hope solo. She was a real bitch.

that was pretty evident from her post game comments

pete
09-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I saw England v Japan a week or 2 back on the TV in my new college, made a sexist comment about how women are inferior to men in so many aspects and football is evidently no exception, some butch lesbian nearly bit my ase off. Really embarassing getting screamed at in like my second week and EVERYONE staring at me like im some kind of child rapist...it was a minor sexist comment i really didnt see the big deal.

Trotskilicious
09-28-2007, 02:39 PM
like rip your coach but don't insult your teammate, that's just...well...bitchy.

Trotskilicious
09-28-2007, 02:40 PM
I saw England v Japan a week or 2 back on the TV in my new college, made a sexist comment about how women are inferior to men in so many aspects and football is evidently no exception, some butch lesbian nearly bit my ase off. Really embarassing getting screamed at in like my second week and EVERYONE staring at me like im some kind of child rapist...it was a minor sexist comment i really didnt see the big deal.

well at least women's soccer isn't as different from the men's game as women's basketball is to mens.

pete
09-28-2007, 02:41 PM
well at least women's soccer isn't as different from the men's game as women's basketball is to mens.

im from England...you're gonna have to explain it.

Trotskilicious
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
well women's basketball might as well be a different sport. no dunking, no handle, most of the rebounding is below the basket, etc. it's really different and REALLY boring.

soccer/football's purity retains across the gender gap

Tchocky
09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Ladies and germs, the U.S. Women's soccer team's answer to Terrell Owens.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/mediaUS/20070301/solo_205.jpg

pete
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
well women's basketball might as well be a different sport. no dunking, no handle, most of the rebounding is below the basket, etc. it's really different and REALLY boring.

soccer/football's purity retains across the gender gap

Sounds a bit like netball...barely any movement, all of it off the ball, no action of any type really. Football keeps the same rules and shit but the women fucking suck...plus theyre all fuck ugly and a couple dont even wear bras.

At least with a REAL sport like beach volley-ball theyre all smokin' hot and in bikinis.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 02:49 PM
*pete appreciation post*

Tchocky
09-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Sounds a bit like netball...barely any movement, all of it off the ball, no action of any type really. Football keeps the same rules and shit but the women fucking suck...plus theyre all fuck ugly and a couple dont even wear bras.

At least with a REAL sport like beach volley-ball theyre all smokin' hot and in bikinis.

http://www.humorhost.com/top_fp/volleyball8405.jpg

pete
09-28-2007, 02:51 PM
*pete appreciation post*

I just tell it how it is.

beef curtains
09-28-2007, 03:03 PM

:rofl:

RenewRevive
09-28-2007, 03:53 PM
i caught some of the first half live (brazil were already up 2-zip) and watched until the break. the effort and attitude was there for sure, but the organizational defensive elements (which can stifle the men's game at times) and retaining possession were absent. the late-night highlight packages being run over here are far more enjoyable, as all the bad passages of play are edited out. sexists cracks would be all too easy, but these faults are commonly found in inferior leagues in men's soccer and are totally related to number of participants, coaching, experience, availability of training. the women are certainly enthusiastic and to a degree are good players but i cannot imagine watching a full game. however the same could apply to MLS or other minor men's leagues, by which no insult is intended. it is just a by-product of growing up watching a high-calibre product.

the sending off of boxx was quite the worst piece of officiating i've seen and basically killed the game as a contest. the brazilian (cristiane?) should have been ashamed of her reaction.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
hey why aren't the weights of female athelets reported? i don't mean world cup specifically, i mean in atheletics in general. the weights of male atheles are frequently reported and i'd like to see a little more equality. i'd like to take some cheap shots at piggy fat butts

RenewRevive
09-28-2007, 04:00 PM
this is not a thing that is done in soccer (or any sport except boxing iirc) - at least over here.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
i had boxing and american football in mind, but if i had any say in it, it'd be mandatory for all atheletes of all sports

pete
09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
i had boxing and american football in mind, but if i had any say in it, it'd be mandatory for all atheletes of all sports

You've seen women boxing and american football?

I suppose as far as comedy value for the viewer is concerned weights should be shown for all sports. Some of the women at the Olympics that do gymnastics ect. would be pretty scray, like under 6 stone for those midget Chinese girls who seem to float when they take off.

Trotskilicious
09-28-2007, 04:19 PM

here you go again with idiotic hyperbole coming from a perspective of total ignorance

have you even heard of hope solo before today?

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 04:20 PM
You've seen women boxing and american football?

I suppose as far as comedy value for the viewer is concerned weights should be shown for all sports. Some of the women at the Olympics that do gymnastics ect. would be pretty scray, like under 6 stone for those midget Chinese girls who seem to float when they take off.

no man. im saying that i've only seen male weights reported, and i've only seen that happen in boxing and american football. i'm saying that i'd like it if things were different, with weights of any athelete of either sex in any sport being published

Trotskilicious
09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
For all the sexists saying piggy things:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iba7RiOuvEQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iba7RiOuvEQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

A great goal is a great goal. I like how she shook that second defender out of her shoes and socks.

Eulogy
09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
first move was brilliant. second one was just really piss poor defending. really, really god awful defending. STABBY MCSTAB STAB. wow.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
you guys remember eulogy's last highschool soccer game? taht ref!! damn him!!!

Eulogy
09-28-2007, 04:31 PM
you guys remember eulogy's last highschool soccer game? taht ref!! damn him!!!

lol u got me

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 04:37 PM
imnot trying to 'get' anyone, im trying to bring up a memory and hopefully some others here still share it. that's part of what bonding is about man, this isn't even really about you

Eulogy
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
bonding at my expense. that's where the getting comes in.

anyway, look at how she just sticks her left foot out there as if one of the best players in the world is going to just roll the ball into it. horrendous.

wHATcOLOR
09-28-2007, 04:44 PM
expense? no dude, it's not at your expense. it doesn't really have anythin to do with you. you kids are really self-absorbed

I'm Hardcore
09-28-2007, 07:26 PM
More like,

'arsene winner'
'cesc fabulous'.
'jens lawman'
'emmanuel eboue'

JENS LAWMAN??

maybe Cesc Fabulous is right, 'dude is pretty good

I'm Hardcore
09-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Jens Lolman

ILOVECATS!!1
09-28-2007, 07:29 PM
expense? no dude, it's not at your expense. it doesn't really have anythin to do with you. you kids are really self-absorbed

listen to the man. he's teaching you about life. he helped me and I am thankful.

smurfing
09-28-2007, 07:32 PM
someone post some pictures of babes of women's soccer

I'm Hardcore
09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
http://www.netsport.ro/image-bank/sportivi/Jens--Lehman.jpg

mxzombie
09-28-2007, 10:48 PM
everybody who's said that these women can't play well is fooling him/herself

Trotskilicious
09-29-2007, 03:02 AM
it's just plain sexist.

the sentiment that it's unwatchable because the women aren't prettied up and wearing bikinis is such a knuckedragger mentality.

Trotskilicious
09-29-2007, 03:06 AM
anyway, look at how she just sticks her left foot out there as if one of the best players in the world is going to just roll the ball into it. horrendous.

yeah but marta made her look <i>stupid</I>. like bad defense can be pretty non descript but that chick just fell over.

it was like that Iverson play where his sick crossover literally made antonio daniels's ankles bukle and he's piched over to one side as AI just flies to the hoop. It's hilarious and takes skill. It's like Vince Young faking out two deep cover linebackers with a pump fake when he's easily beyond the line of scrimmage.

Trotskilicious
09-29-2007, 03:14 AM
she didn't just fall over she spun around like she was playing cops and robbers and someone shot her

she got retardified

silent_brian13
09-29-2007, 03:15 AM
it's just plain sexist.

the sentiment that it's unwatchable because the women aren't prettied up and wearing bikinis is such a knuckedragger mentality.

knuckedragger is my new favorite word

Tchocky
09-29-2007, 03:20 AM
here you go again with idiotic hyperbole coming from a perspective of total ignorance

have you even heard of hope solo before today?

I don't understand how you can know that she publicly tossed her teammate and her coach under the bus and NOT think back to the whole T.O./McNabb saga. In most other sports, someone who did what she did would be considered a horrible teammate, no matter how justifiable it may have been. Shit like that should be kept in-house or private. It doesn't matter if the coach's call to bench her in favor of Scurry was idiotic...how she handled it was immature and something athletes typically don't do unless they're prima-donnas.

Trotskilicious
09-29-2007, 03:23 AM
it's a good one, i picked it up somewhere recently too

beef curtains
09-29-2007, 08:05 PM
lol - check out yahoo.com !

GlasgowKiss
09-30-2007, 08:30 AM
This is some seriously fucking lame football.

I'm Hardcore
09-30-2007, 08:39 AM
here's something i've never done before..

well done, Arsene Wenger. you are an astute manager.

GlasgowKiss
09-30-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.etap.ch/~pwoods/Portraits/ARSENE-WENGER.jpg

I'm Hardcore
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
ugh, it pains me to say it.

his signing/nurturing Fabregas is 2nd only to his accquisition of Henry.

I'm Hardcore
09-30-2007, 08:47 AM
whereas my mob like to spend 16 million quid on a guy who scored a few goals one season. How about a fucking back 4, you bald jewish idiot.

GlasgowKiss
09-30-2007, 08:48 AM

I'm Hardcore
09-30-2007, 08:48 AM
infuriating