View Full Version : so how many of you DON'T own a cell phone now?

strange_one
09-14-2002, 09:06 PM
<font color=33FFFF> I still don't have one, and out of all of my friends and acquaintances I think I am the only one. even my damn grandma has one.
but last night, as I was leaving the movies, I heard someone's ring tone play the back to the future theme, and for a split second I really wanted a cell phone

------------------
http://www.bttf.com/graphics/2bcontin.jpg

Mark LeDrew
09-14-2002, 09:10 PM
I used to have one but then I realized that I had no one to call.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/shiggy.jpg

Ghetto_Squirrel
09-14-2002, 09:16 PM
I somewhat want one, even though I never use the phone anyway. It would be nice to have when I'm out with friends or if I'm away and someone needed to get ahold of me. But just for walking down the street and calling people because you foolishly believe it looks cool, no.

------------------
http://www.toolcity.net/~burt/images/pimp3a.jpg
My anti-drug is non-consensual sex with minors.
AIM: Mista Saki

Smiley33
09-14-2002, 09:17 PM
fuck the po-lice and cell phones!

oui henri
09-14-2002, 09:17 PM
i will not surrender to the CELL phone!

------------------
BoNN

wangcomputers
09-14-2002, 09:25 PM
mobile phones are one of the most annoying inventions.

i only had one because i didn't have access to a phone while i was at college.
and now I've (unintentionally) broken it.

say no to cell phones.

bonsor
09-14-2002, 09:29 PM
I refuse to succumb to buying a cellphone simply because the idea of being able to be contacted wherever whenever creeps me out.

I like to be detatched once in a while.

oui henri
09-14-2002, 09:31 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
I refuse to succumb to buying a cellphone simply because the idea of being able to be contacted wherever whenever creeps me out.

I like to be detatched once in a while.</font>

oh...and in case you didn't see...i responded to your post that you addressed to me

------------------
BoNN

Random Comment
09-14-2002, 09:33 PM
I don't have a cell phone either, I would like one for *just in case* matters, but it is a bill that I just can't afford at the moment.

bonsor
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by oui henri:

oh...and in case you didn't see...i responded to your post that you addressed to me

</font>Yes, i saw. thanks http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

DeviousJ
Not me. I also think someone needs to regulate the costs to call between networks - it's like they want to punish you for having friends on an enemy network. And I hate that noise they make through speakers whenever there's an incoming call. Sometimes I have to turn the volume right down on my stereo at night, because of all the interference. And before anyone asks, it won't actually switch off anymore since there was a power outage a year or so ago

oui henri
09-14-2002, 09:34 PM
i can't stand when someone calls my house with their cell phone and i can hear everything i say echo back at me.

------------------
BoNN

ZERO
09-14-2002, 09:35 PM

*ring ring*

VegasPumpkin
09-14-2002, 09:36 PM
I don't have one and I don't see myself buying one anytime soon.

killtheyouth
09-14-2002, 09:39 PM
i dont own one and i dont think i ever will. i cant imagine having people able to get a hold of me whenever they want.

Hyperbole
09-14-2002, 09:42 PM
i dont. i'm not cool enough.

strange_one
09-14-2002, 09:46 PM

<font color=33FFFF> that's pretty much how I feel, it's nice to go out for a day by myself and know that noone can bother me

zekix
09-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Don't have one, don't need one.

Crippler
09-14-2002, 10:00 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by zekix:
Don't have one, don't need one.</font>

Orchestra
09-14-2002, 10:30 PM
<font color=orange>Fuck that

Mirror_Untrue
09-14-2002, 11:12 PM
I had one, but i haven't put minutes on it in about a year, so i don't think i qualify as having one.

------------------
http://www.babylon.gr/artists/mozcats.jpg

Salena Child
09-14-2002, 11:16 PM
i don't have one. but, i do plan to get one of those "disposable" ones when they are available for emergencys or when i don't have a quarter for a pay phone.

cowbite
09-14-2002, 11:20 PM
I want to get one, along with 7 faceplates which shall be rotated daily. I'll clip it to my hip so the whole world to see it.

SPheart9
09-15-2002, 12:37 AM
::shrug::

i have one. i use it daily. it comes in handy when you're never in one place for too long, or when meeting up with people.

it makes me mad i don't get service on the train, though :/

Elvis The Fat Years
09-15-2002, 12:41 AM

</font>

they do have off buttons on them.

Crono
09-15-2002, 12:45 AM
I used to have one. It was really useful with the free long distance... but beyond that everyone else has a cell phone so I don't need one.

PauL

sppunk
09-15-2002, 01:02 AM
My cell phone is my ONLY phone. I get free nationwide long distance, no roaming, unlimited nights and 2000 daytime minutes for 34 bucks a month, so there's no reason for me to even have a real phone line.

Plus, it's convinient when your lost in the car looking for someone/someplace.

------------------
The stars are projectors, yeah
Projectiní our lives down to this planet Earth (http://www.chrisanderson.cjb.net)

The Happy Penis
09-15-2002, 01:05 AM
I've had a cell phone for about 6 years now.They're great for long distance calls and what not.

twice
09-15-2002, 01:08 AM
they will eventually replace all home phones.

i don't have one, but as soon as i get a decent pay check, i'll have a tumor in no time!

Cactuar
09-15-2002, 02:19 AM
I think it's great. If I'm out, and want my friends to come over, or go over my friends house, I just send a quick message "Come over around 3" so they do.

If I didn't have a cellphone I'd probably never contact my friends as I hate calling people.

relaxor!
09-15-2002, 02:22 AM
I don't have one, but I admit that it makes a lot of sense. I'd sort of like one.

------------------
http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/images/2001.jpg

Gumby
09-15-2002, 02:23 AM
Mobile phones they are called mobile phones
Dont fall to the americanism of everything

James is Cool
09-15-2002, 02:26 AM

Seriously.

And I don't like phones anyway. I'd just rather not have a cell phone.

------------------
Henry, you dance like a wooden Indian.

slunky_munky
09-15-2002, 03:14 AM

I fucking hate you now, for stealing my long held philosophy. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

I don't have one, though I more and more feel like I should have one, but out of stubborness I resist.

I just don't like the idea of being at everyones reach. And I don't like the idea of paying to talk to people.

I LOVE watching students getting removed from a lecture because their phones went off. The disturbing thing is that most of the class rose to one girls defense because they sympathise with the "unexpected call".

a fistful of yen
09-15-2002, 04:33 AM
Well, a Cellular Phone is nice when you drive. In case your car has broken down in the middle of nowhere (which it has for me and the phone has helped very much). I don't get why anyone is afraid of "succumbing" to buy one shit. It's effective and helpful. Well, for anyone who drives and/or haves half of a social life.

Fattening Ass
09-15-2002, 04:36 AM
<font color=font colors fucking suck>Cell Phones are of the Devil.

eyesbomb
09-15-2002, 06:40 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by oui henri:
i will not surrender to the CELL phone!

</font>

neither will I

slunky_munky
09-15-2002, 07:06 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by a fistful of yen:
Well, a Cellular Phone is nice when you drive. In case your car has broken down in the middle of nowhere (which it has for me and the phone has helped very much). I don't get why anyone is afraid of "succumbing" to buy one shit. It's effective and helpful. Well, for anyone who drives and/or haves half of a social life.</font>

Seemingly polite people are turned into monsters of rudeness when they own one.

a fistful of yen
09-15-2002, 07:36 AM
Right, like that'd stop anyone for the sake of convenience.

strange_one
09-15-2002, 07:51 AM
<font color=33FFFF> I'm suprised so many of you don't own one of these phones, I thought almost all of you would. then again, you are netphorian

Diesel
09-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Screw cell phones.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-15-2002, 08:25 AM
<font color=#007AAA>Netphorians are "rebellious" about the most inane shit imaginable.

------------------
Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.

kypper
09-15-2002, 08:50 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
I used to have one but then I realized that I had no one to call.

</font>

Me too.

bonsor
09-15-2002, 09:24 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by slunky_munky:
I fucking hate you now, for stealing my long held philosophy. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif</font>Ah yes, Slunk's signature smiley. It's nurturing.

THE DEAD MAN
09-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Most annoying thing in the world:

People answering mobile phones on trains and saying: "What? WHAT? I'M--... HUH? NO, NO, I'M ON THE TRAIN! *I SAID, I'M ON THE TRAAAAAAAAAINN* HUH? SPEAK UP, MATE! WHAT? NO, I'M ON THE TRAIN! YEAH, YEAH. THE *TRAIN*. RIGHT. HUH? NO, SEE, BECAUSE I'M *ON THE TRAAAAAIN*."

FUCK OFF!