View Full Version : will there be a proper zeitgeist world tour (i.e. not just festival shows)?

mojo
09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
or will that depend on sales?

BABY_i
09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
They've been playing round the world in support of Z, i'd rather they got their asses back in the studio and got a new album out... soon, to build on it

mojo
09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
They've been playing round the world in support of Z, i'd rather they got their asses back in the studio and got a new album out... soon, to build on it

I kind of agree with you but after the great reaction to their festival shows here in the UK they could comfortably do an arena tour here later in the year. The demand is there even though the album long fell out of the UK top 75.

werideatdusk
09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
chicago?

Machina12
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
isn't the fall US tour kinda non-festival??

tcm
09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
US ain`t the world!!

MonteLDS
09-05-2007, 09:07 PM
is SP popular enough to do a World Tour solo? I don't think so.

teamneedle
09-05-2007, 09:08 PM
is SP popular enough to do a World Tour solo? I don't think so.
or an arena tour.

stripes
09-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe something like that in 2008?

T&T
09-05-2007, 09:25 PM
chicago?
:noway:
even billy doesn't care about chicago anymore....
:noway:

i_adore_adore
09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
are you kidding? Billy practically worships Chicago...

He'll get there, and he'll spoil you people. And then maybe you'll stop whining (i'm referring to the Chicago people who are whining, not any of you :) )

davin
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
US ain`t the world!!

true, but they've played non-festivals in EU also.

davin
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
anyway, the festivals were the best way for SP to get their music to the most amount of people with the least amount of shows. though they could have been smarter and played more "palatable" setlists, i stand by my position that it just doesn't feel like a real SP festival show if some percentage of people aren't feeling a little uncomfortable at some point or another (just like lolla in 94 during starla, extended i am one, etc.).

i think billy's choices to play DFA, HMM and G&tGC lately shows he's really not trying to "play ball" or sell records deep down, but rather get back to being The Pumpkins. It could have caused a real buzz if they played nothign bt hits and old material at the fests, but then again it would also downplay the bands' commitment to the new tunes.

whats cool to think about is if they do come back, and play to more dedicated SP fans vs festival crowds....who the fuck knows what we're in store for! :eek:

The New
09-05-2007, 11:45 PM
something like the residencies i'd expect

Gossamer
09-05-2007, 11:50 PM
fuck the rest of the world, we didn't even get a ny show yet.

davin
09-05-2007, 11:53 PM
something like the residencies i'd expect

same number of songs as a residency would be nice, but minus all the really green songs that aren't ready for prime time.

is should be a culmination of the new stuff, the regular singles and all the oldies that popped up along the way -- getting TAFH, Starla, Rotten Apples, Hummer, ROcket, Lucky 13, Fuck You, By Starlight, Crush, Daydream, Translucent, Drown, Shame, To Sheila, 7 Shades, C'mon Lets Go, 33, Muzzle, Silverfuck, Untitled, Gossamer all in one show :eek: plus all the singles and new stuff (got to admit i missed Orchid and Starz at Reading) :cool: ---- that would be a fucking amazing show and they wouldn't even need to dig out a single new oldie.

stumpycat
09-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Here's the amusing paradox about Billy: while I truly think he soaks up the adulation and feeds off the energy he is able to receive as per the scale of an arena/festival show more than in any other setting, he simultaneously, absolutely cannot resist the urge to play a majority of the music that simply satisfies his own mood and particular tangent (as opposed to playing the material he knows would cause a complete wank-fest amongst the audience.)

davin
09-06-2007, 03:28 PM
^ lol, yea exactly.

oh b0lly...you are so silly.

Forgotten Child
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
talking to the fans (Fillmore), Billy revealed he plans a tour in South America in November/December.