View Full Version : To Nimrod's Song and JK:

I Ate My Hamster
09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
I can actually stand Michael Kay this year. I can watch a game without wanting to kill myself. Get rid of Sterling and Waldman though.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Side note. I just got done watching highlights from 7/24/04, and also the alcs 04. It's too bad you guys can't enjoy it as much as the rest of the world.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Nimrod's song is so wonderfully magical only the worthy don't lose their eardrums when they hear it

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I can actually stand Michael Kay this year.

it's nice someone can

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:43 AM
it's nice someone can

I think it's only because he isn't as much of a Yankee homer as he used to be. The man still doesn't know situational baseball. Al Leiter is still a tool box.

I'm just glad the days of people like Fran Healy and Tim McCarver in the Mets box are over. Gary, Keith and Ron are a great crew.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Nimrod's song is so wonderfully magical only the worthy don't lose their eardrums when they hear it

Look at me with the typo.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I think it's only because he isn't as much of a Yankee homer as he used to be. The man still doesn't know situational baseball. Al Leiter is still a tool box.

I'm just glad the days of people like Fran Healy and Tim McCarver in the Mets box are over. Gary, Keith and Ron are a great crew.
WTF? Leiter offers good insights and excellent analysis. Keith Hernandez gets drunk before games and misogynizes while in the booth. Gary Cohen is a complete company yes man who ignores anything possibly bad the Mets may have done and spins it so that ownership looks like geniuses.

I have nothing against Darling. He's just dull.

Also Michael Kay still sucks, but it's better to listen to him now because O'Neill and Leiter and Girardi realize he sucks and make fun of him openly

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
WTF? Leiter offers good insights and excellent analysis. Keith Hernandez gets drunk before games and misogynizes while in the booth. Gary Cohen is a complete company yes man who ignores anything possibly bad the Mets may have done and spins it so that ownership looks like geniuses.

I have nothing against Darling. He's just dull.

Also Michael Kay still sucks, but it's better to listen to him now because O'Neill and Leiter and Girardi realize he sucks and make fun of him openly

Wow. You obviously have never watched either a Mets or Yankees game, because you and Al both need to pick up that 'Baseball for Dummies' book again. Maybe Al Leiter is insightful to you, if you are just learning what balks and infield flies are. I used to love Al Leiter, but not in the booth. He knows nothing about baserunning, or situational defense. It's like he never paid attention to a baseball game before, unless he was pitching. I thought you would be able to overcome your bias and admit that Gary, Keith, and Ron are one of the top crews in the game. Having MLBtv, you should know this. Maybe Joe Buck and Joe Morgan would be more suitable for you.

Ironically, the only complaints that have been talked about with the Mets announcing crew is that they go out of their way to not be homers, and have angered the Mets front office with their criticisms.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow. You obviously have never watched either a Mets or Yankees game, because you and Al both need to pick up that 'Baseball for Dummies' book again. Maybe Al Leiter is insightful to you, if you are just learning what balks and infield flies are. I used to love Al Leiter, but not in the booth. He knows nothing about baserunning, or situational defense. It's like he never paid attention to a baseball game before, unless he was pitching. I thought you would be able to overcome your bias and admit that Gary, Keith, and Ron are one of the top crews in the game. Having MLBtv, you should know this. Maybe Joe Buck and Joe Morgan would be more suitable for you.

Leiter is great when discussion pitching, and isn't afraid to admit he doesn't know something or pretend that he does.

Which brings us to the guy that knows EVERYTHING:

Ironically, the only complaints that have been talked about with the Mets announcing crew is that they go out of their way to not be homers, and have angered the Mets front office with their criticisms.
Other complaints ******* objectifying and belittling women methinks

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Leiter is great when discussion pitching, and isn't afraid to admit he doesn't know something or pretend that he does.

Which brings us to the guy that knows EVERYTHING:

Other complaints ******* objectifying and belittling women methinks

Leiter can break down pitching very well, of course. But when it's just him and Kay in the booth, there is a lot of the game that goes on that they aren't talking about.

If you ever played baseball you would understand that what Keith said about women in the dugout is actually a legitimate discussion. The stuff that goes on in a dugout is disgusting. It's not something that you would want to do in front of your mother, wife, daughter or sister. It dramatically changes the chemistry of the dugout. Many women in baseball actually understood what Keith was saying, and that's why it was only an issue for a day or two. If it really was an issue, he wouldn't have still been in the booth being that he only had the job for less than half a year.

Of course it can be a really touchy subject, but when people actually realized what he was saying, it became a nonissue.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Leiter can break down pitching very well, of course. But when it's just him and Kay in the booth, there is a lot of the game that goes on that they aren't talking about.

If you ever played baseball you would understand that what Keith said about women in the dugout is actually a legitimate discussion. The stuff that goes on in a dugout is disgusting. It's not something that you would want to do in front of your mother, wife, daughter or sister. It dramatically changes the chemistry of the dugout. Many women in baseball actually understood what Keith was saying, and that's why it was only an issue for a day or two. If it really was an issue, he wouldn't have still been in the booth being that he only had the job for less than half a year.

Of course it can be a really touchy subject, but when people actually realized what he was saying, it became a nonissue.
The stuff that goes on in a clubhouse is even worse, and women are allowed in clubhouses. I don't think Keith at all was talking about "chemistry." He was being a sexist jerk ass. A coke-abusing sexist jerk ass.

Also I played baseball. For a long time.

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
women are allowed in clubhouses.

aw now i'm thinking about what my bff asked j and i and now i can't stop laughing

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
aw now i'm thinking about what my bff asked j and i and now i can't stop laughing
my work is done here.

so long, losers!

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I think it's only because he isn't as much of a Yankee homer as he used to be.

he's still a rabid jeter ballwasher. and a pompous moron. two years ago he had no idea what whip was, and the other day he's talking about it like he's imparting some magical obscure stathead knowledge. i hate him but i do grudgingly admit he's better than most of the shit i have to sit through on mlbtv.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
he's still a rabid jeter ballwasher. .

But he's Captain Jeter.

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
But he's Captain Jeter.

:hurl:

sppunk
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
With the intangible eyes.

I hate Jerry Remy more and more each season.

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
With the intangible eyes.

calm eyes. calm eyes and intangibles. ugh.

sppunk
09-05-2007, 06:11 PM
calm eyes. calm eyes and intangibles. ugh.
I know - I just like to save time and combine the two.

Jeter leads the league in GIDP. Woo. That's clutch!

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 06:11 PM
jeter is a winner. plain and simple. this is why he's hands down the best shortstop in ML history.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
jeter is a winner. plain and simple. this is why he's hands down the best shortstop in ML history.

That whole winner thing has got to go. He has the range of a third baseman with a Johnny Damon arm.

Again. Arod is a better shortstop.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
That whole winner thing has got to go. He has the range of a third baseman with a Johnny Damon arm.

Again. Arod is a better shortstop.
jeter has a strong arm - patented jump and throw, anyone?

AROD has never won anything. sure he may put up better numbers, but what has he won? just MVPs. jeter has no MVP but he's got what matters - rings, baby. 4 of 'em. jeter is a winner, plain and simple.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
jeter has a strong arm - patented jump and throw, anyone?

AROD has never won anything. sure he may put up better numbers, but what has he won? just MVPs. jeter has no MVP but he's got what matters - rings, baby. 4 of 'em. jeter is a winner, plain and simple.

Wow.

Jeter's "patented jump and throw" is something he does so he can get a quicker start on his throw. Any shortstop worth his shit, stops and plants and fires a bullet to first. Case closed.

25 men play on the same team. No matter how good one player is, it takes a supporting cast. Replace jeter with arod during the mid 90's and there would be no difference.

Wow.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow.

Jeter's "patented jump and throw" is something he does so he can get a quicker start on his throw. Any shortstop worth his shit, stops and plants and fires a bullet to first. Case closed.

25 men play on the same team. No matter how good one player is, it takes a supporting cast. Replace jeter with arod during the mid 90's and there would be no difference.

Wow.
no, he does it when he's moving to his right to get a ball.

ever see AROD dive into a crowd and get a bloody face or make a catch? ever see AROD make a series-saving flip from out of nowhere to nab jeremy giambi at home?

of course not. jeter brings a winning presence that a guy like AROD just doesn't have. there are 25 guys, but lots of them were winners. o'neill, brosius, knoblauch, tino, bernie: winners.

big surprise the yankees haven't won it since most of those guys left. now they just have guys who make too much money and yet don't know how to win.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
no, he does it when he's moving to his right to get a ball.

ever see AROD dive into a crowd and get a bloody face or make a catch? ever see AROD make a series-saving flip from out of nowhere to nab jeremy giambi at home?

of course not. jeter brings a winning presence that a guy like AROD just doesn't have. there are 25 guys, but lots of them were winners. o'neill, brosius, knoblauch, tino, bernie: winners.

big surprise the yankees haven't won it since most of those guys left. now they just have guys who make too much money and yet don't know how to win.

Jeter's dive into the stands was unneccesary. The giambi play at home was a great play. That was heads up play. That's what he's good at. I'm not arguing that.

Jeter hasn't won anything since all of those guys left. Maybe it was them that made the team and not jeter.

Jeter is definitely a great player. That's not a debate.

Arod's definitely the better player. That's not up for debate.

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
lol

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Jeter's dive into the stands was unneccesary. The giambi play at home was a great play. That was heads up play. That's what he's good at. I'm not arguing that.

Jeter hasn't won anything since all of those guys left. Maybe it was them that made the team and not jeter.

Jeter is definitely a great player. That's not a debate.

Arod's definitely the better player. That's not up for debate.
maybe if you pulled your nose out of that stat sheet for a moment and looked outside of your mother's basement for once you would see that jeter does all of the little things that winners do. he motivates, he plays small ball, he plays the game right. now none of this shows up in the stat sheet mr. nerd, sorry, but REAL baseball is played by PLAYERS not by stats and computers. it is not a fantasy team. AROD is a good player but he's not a winner and jeter certainly is.

sppunk
09-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I Ate My Hamster just got trolled real good.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
maybe if you pulled your nose out of that stat sheet for a moment and looked outside of your mother's basement for once you would see that jeter does all of the little things that winners do. he motivates, he plays small ball, he plays the game right. now none of this shows up in the stat sheet mr. nerd, sorry, but REAL baseball is played by PLAYERS not by stats and computers. it is not a fantasy team. AROD is a good player but he's not a winner and jeter certainly is.

You are ridiculous. You know nothing about baseball. There are 25 men on the team. One winner isn't going to pull the other 24 out of the shitter. Hasn't worked in the past 6 years.

I don't think I have even made note of one stat in this whole thread. Where do you get this stuff? You are talking about "winners" and baseball not being about stats. Your so called "winner" hasn't won anything since the Yankees have become his ballclub. Don't tell me about REAL baseball. I have yet to see anything from you that proves you know anything about REAL baseball. You want to keep this conversation away from stats because Arod blows Jeter completely out of the water. Jeter could do 10 gay hops a game and bloody his nose twice a week and it's not going to top Arod's contribution to a team. Jeter is character player. And he puts up great numbers. But Arod wins HANDS DOWN in this argument.

Go start your own ballclub and evaluate your team based on little things and order palm readings and psychic evaluations of your players when they are in slumps. Hell, maybe some snake oil will help Rocket's elbow.

You are out of your league. Stick to Utah, where all you have to worry about is Mormans, the Jazz, and BYU football. You obviously haven't learned enough about baseball. And how could you? Before the past two or three years you were probably lucky to see 1 yankee game a month. But keep arguing away. I'll just keep sitting here in my "mother's basement" laughing my ass off. Maybe it's the carbon monoxide down here.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I Ate My Hamster just got trolled real good.

You crazy?

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
By the way, did anyone just see Jeter go to his right and totally bail on a ball that 80% of shortstops would have gotten?

CAPTAIN JETER!!!

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
You are ridiculous. You know nothing about baseball. There are 25 men on the team. One winner isn't going to pull the other 24 out of the shitter. Hasn't worked in the past 6 years.

I don't think I have even made note of one stat in this whole thread. Where do you get this stuff? You are talking about "winners" and baseball not being about stats. Your so called "winner" hasn't won anything since the Yankees have become his ballclub. Don't tell me about REAL baseball. I have yet to see anything from you that proves you know anything about REAL baseball. You want to keep this conversation away from stats because Arod blows Jeter completely out of the water. Jeter could do 10 gay hops a game and bloody his nose twice a week and it's not going to top Arod's contribution to a team. Jeter is character player. And he puts up great numbers. But Arod wins HANDS DOWN in this argument.

Go start your own ballclub and evaluate your team based on little things and order palm readings and psychic evaluations of your players when they are in slumps. Hell, maybe some snake oil will help Rocket's elbow.

You are out of your league. Stick to Utah, where all you have to worry about is Mormans, the Jazz, and BYU football. You obviously haven't learned enough about baseball. And how could you? Before the past two or three years you were probably lucky to see 1 yankee game a month. But keep arguing away. I'll just keep sitting here in my "mother's basement" laughing my ass off. Maybe it's the carbon monoxide down here.
utah? now i know you've gone crazy.

i am sure i have seen more yankee games than you over the past years as i've had a combination of extra innings and mlb.tv. you know, that thing you were too cheap to buy?

ANYWAY, i bring up stats because that's the only way you can say that AROD is better than jeter. by throwing out newly madeup stats like OPP and HBP or whatever. how about this: when AROD was in texas, what did they win? when AROD was in seattle? oh wait AROD came to the yankees in 2004: <i>the year after they went to the World Series, and they haven't been back since.</i> is that enough proof for you? jeter wins gold gloves and he kicked AROD's butt in the MVP vote last year. if AROD was the better ss, don't you think he would be PLAYING SS?? well he isn't. instead he's playing next to a gold glover who helps his team win ballgames.

sppunk
09-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Jeter winning gold gloves is like me racing at the Indy 500 though - they're both bullshit.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Jeter winning gold gloves is like me racing at the Indy 500 though - they're both bullshit.
no the difference is that one actually happens and the other is something you're using to make a failed analogy

sppunk
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Regardless, he's not really deserving of any of his gold gloves. His one from last year is one of the bigger injustices for that award ever.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 08:26 PM
jeter makes the big play when it COUNTS. that is why he is the best defensive shortstop in the AL

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 08:30 PM
utah? now i know you've gone crazy.

i am sure i have seen more yankee games than you over the past years as i've had a combination of extra innings and mlb.tv. you know, that thing you were too cheap to buy?

ANYWAY, i bring up stats because that's the only way you can say that AROD is better than jeter. by throwing out newly madeup stats like OPP and HBP or whatever. how about this: when AROD was in texas, what did they win? when AROD was in seattle? oh wait AROD came to the yankees in 2004: <i>the year after they went to the World Series, and they haven't been back since.</i> is that enough proof for you? jeter wins gold gloves and he kicked AROD's butt in the MVP vote last year. if AROD was the better ss, don't you think he would be PLAYING SS?? well he isn't. instead he's playing next to a gold glover who helps his team win ballgames.

1. I have extra innings for when I'm at home. I have MLB.tv(Thanks to JK) when I'm on the road. Which I barely ever have to use now.

2. Made up stats like: RBI's? HR? Slugging? Fielding %? They are also just about even in stolen bases and OBP.

If you want to *******, "made up" stats for fielding which is the only way to debate fielding. Arod blows jeter away in all fielding categories of fielding. Zone rating, range factor...and these are his numbers at shortstop so you can't argue that his job is easier at third.

Take their numbers with runners in scoring position or close and late situations since they have been playing together? Almost identical. Jeter slightly better average, Arod more rbi's.

3. How dare you try to use gold gloves for anything? Gold Gloves mean nothing. Rafael Palmiero won in '99 and only played 28 games in the field. Not to mention that the only reason that Jeter ever won a gold glove, was because the previous two year winner, before jeter won his first...Was Arod! Holy shit! Did you forget this?

4. Arod is playing 3B because he was willing to change positions to win. It's not like Jeter could play third anyway.

Here's a typical year you can expect from Arod. .306 avg 44 hrs 127rbi 128 r .390obp .965ops. 23sb

Holy shit! Now shut the fuck up!

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Here's a typical year you can expect from Arod. .306 avg 44 hrs 127rbi 128 r .390obp .965ops. 23sb

you forgot 0rw (rings won)

btw jeter 4rw

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
you forgot 0rw (rings won)

btw jeter 4rw

Ok. Then who is the better player since 2001?

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
jeter is still a winner. look the yankees only missed one WS from 1998-2003. since AROD shows up they're 0-3. that doesn't tell you anything? or does your ops mean more than W's?

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
jeter is still a winner. look the yankees only missed one WS from 1998-2003. since AROD shows up they're 0-3. that doesn't tell you anything? or does your ops mean more than W's?

Arod is nothing but +++ for your team. It's your pitching that has been your downfall for the most part of this decade.

Keep throwing them up, I'll keep shooting them down.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Alright, quiet for a minute. I'm gonna watching Yabba-Joba-Do and rub one off to his slide piece.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow. Did anyone see that little thing that Arod just did?

And they are chanting MVP?

I must be crazy to think Arod is better than Jeter.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
No, Al. That's called an inbetween hop.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
sure AROD can win MVPs but the stat in OCTOBER is what counts and that stat is WINS

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Then Arod and Jeter have failed together since 2004.

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Alright, quiet for a minute. I'm gonna watching Yabba-Joba-Do and rub one off to his slide piece.

joba so dreamy

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Come on Seattle. You gotta keep Posada on the right side of the plate.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Here comes the cockshot. Posada grand slam.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Another Sean Green I hate.

sppunk
09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I really fucking loathe how Yankee fans give nondescript plays curtain calls. Every goddamn homerun gets one - it's annoying.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Fuck it. I'd give him a curtain call just for moving a runner over with the season he is having.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Jesus christ. Right handed batter up. Men on first and third. You are obviously going to pitch him outside...Why the fuck is the second basemen going to cover on a steal/hitrun?

jenniferkate
09-05-2007, 09:27 PM
i'd give him more than that

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Might as well bring in another pitcher. Horrible managing.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 09:31 PM
they should let him walk and sign another brosius-type.

maybe eckstein can play 3rd?

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Unreal.

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:32 PM
they should let him walk and sign another brosius-type.

maybe eckstein can play 3rd?

Haha.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Haha.
he's a FA who wins championships wherever he goes.

world series MVP replacing regular season MVP

big difference

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:36 PM
he's a FA who wins championships wherever he goes.

world series MVP replacing regular season MVP

big difference

I'd gladly give you Eckstein for Arod.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I'd gladly give you Eckstein for Arod.
it's not a "trade" he's a free agent. stop thinking like rotisserie boy

take the AROD money and give it to johan santana and jake peavy

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
it's not a "trade" he's a free agent. stop thinking like rotisserie boy

take the AROD money and give it to johan santana and jake peavy

I'm well aware of the difference.

Nimrod's Son
09-05-2007, 09:53 PM
you don't understand baseball at all, statboy

I Ate My Hamster
09-05-2007, 10:04 PM
you don't understand baseball at all, statboy

Hahaha. Just admit I'm right and knock it off.