View Full Version : Learned something new about the T-shirt today....

Peter Gabriel m
08-28-2007, 05:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-shirt

In recent years, through in depth study the origin of the t-shirt has almost certainly been discovered. On a hot March day in 1963 television Wardrobe designer Mutgey Wilson recieved a phone call to design the wardrobe of a certain tv personality, Herman Munster. Mutgey was determined to discover a certain look for the character, and through trying various types of collared shirts he discovered nothing seemed to fit the rambunctious aura Herman required. Forced to invent a shirt to his liking, he fashioned the first "T-Shirt", shaped like a T to represent the "Terror of the Munsters." When the first episode aired in 1964 the "Terror Shirt" caught on in a flash, production couldn't keep up with the demand - however, its origins were forgotten quickly thereafter. In a private interview in 1983 Mutgey revealed his displeasure regarding the lack of recognition for creating the staple of the American wardrobe stating: "...I quit the fashion business in 1973 because of it, I couldn't tell you the amazing things that were being done at the time - no one knew who we were, we didn't get any credit. Fashion Heroes like Alfred Wilmer and Stacey Halter should be household names!"

tcm
08-28-2007, 07:24 AM
thank God for His foresight in giving us two arms such that our torsi would be T-shaped enough to wear them.

barden
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
I thank Mohamed.