View Full Version : Sega CD: remember that piece of crap?


beamish13
06-25-2002, 01:51 PM
I rented it once from Blockbuster. That thing would always freeze and the loading times were horrible.

I remember being offered either a SNES or a Sega CD in '93. Thank God I went with the SNES.

Kilgore Trout
06-25-2002, 01:53 PM
LOL...I bought one and the only good game for it was Dragon's Lair/Space Ace. Now it just sits there

beamish13
06-25-2002, 01:55 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Kilgore Trout:
LOL...I bought one and the only good game for it was Dragon's Lair/Space Ace. Now it just sits there</font>


I have vivid memories of TV ads for "sewer shark". Remember "Night Trap"?

beamish13
06-25-2002, 01:56 PM
32x was pointless as well. I hate Sega.

Mark LeDrew
06-25-2002, 01:57 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beamish13:

Remember "Night Trap"?</font>

Heh. Dana Plato was still kinda hot then. Now she's dead.



------------------
Shine get!

Ammy
06-25-2002, 01:57 PM
speaking of game system memories... I remember before the 64 came out hearing about the Dolphin... did anything eever happen with that? what was it supposed to be? or was the 64 the dolphin renamed? (that's what I heard)

i obviously don't keep up much with all that.

beamish13
06-25-2002, 01:59 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:
speaking of game system memories... I remember before the 64 came out hearing about the Dolphin... did anything eever happen with that? what was it supposed to be? or was the 64 the dolphin renamed? (that's what I heard)

i obviously don't keep up much with all that.</font>


N64 went by several names: dolphin, star, etc...

Kilgore Trout
06-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Was Echo the name of that Dolphin game?

Ammy
06-25-2002, 02:01 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beamish13:

N64 went by several names: dolphin, star, etc...</font>

how dissapointing http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

64 was a terrible thing.

beamish13
06-25-2002, 02:02 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Kilgore Trout:
Was Echo the name of that Dolphin game?</font>

yes. that game had awesome music. I haven't played it in years but I can still hum it. LOL.

Geek USA
06-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Turbo graphics 16!!!!!!!1

and it had that game with the baby with the huge head. yes my cousin had that.
<font color="black">

[This message has been edited by Geek USA (edited 06-25-2002).]

beamish13
06-25-2002, 02:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Geek USA:
Turbographics 16!!!!!!!1</font>


I wanted that portable Turbografix system so badly when I was a kid. Neo-Geo looked so cool, too. It's GAMES cost $200!

beamish13
06-25-2002, 02:05 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Geek USA:


and it had that game with the baby with the huge head. yes my cousin had that.
</font>

Bonk.

Graveflower
06-25-2002, 02:07 PM
SONIC CD RULED

Mark LeDrew
06-25-2002, 02:22 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beamish13:

Neo-Geo looked so cool, too. It's GAMES cost $200!</font>

Neo-Geo was like the fucking Holy Grail. Both the system and its games were so damn expensive that I only knew one person who had one. The owner of the local pizza joint (who is widely believed to be affiliated with the goodfellas) "bought" one for his son for Christmas. I was so jealous.

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 02:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
Neo-Geo was like the fucking Holy Grail. Both the system and its games were so damn expensive that I only knew one person who had one. The owner of the local pizza joint (who is widely believed to be affiliated with the goodfellas) "bought" one for his son for Christmas. I was so jealous.

</font>

That Neo-Geo scene in the Godfather will stay with me to my dying day... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

I think the Dolphin was a codename for the Gamecube - the N64 was called Project Reality, then Ultra 64

kypper
06-25-2002, 02:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beamish13:

N64 went by several names: dolphin, star, etc...</font>

peace of crap...

kypper
06-25-2002, 02:42 PM
Shining force CD was pretty cool.

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:
Shining force CD was pretty cool.</font>

Wait, was that the semi-prequel to Dark Savior on the Saturn? DFHSTHSRTYR I HATED THAT PIECE OF CRAP

neopryn
06-25-2002, 02:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beamish13:
I hate Sega.</font>
Sega Genesis is still the best system ever. And Sonic 2 is the best game ever.

Graveflower
06-25-2002, 02:49 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
then Ultra 64</font>

Remember when Sqare and Nintendo released that video of the "FINAL FANTASY PROJECT FOR ULTRA 64!!!!!!!!?"

kypper
06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
Wait, was that the semi-prequel to Dark Savior on the Saturn? DFHSTHSRTYR I HATED THAT PIECE OF CRAP</font>

no. Prequel to Shining Force 3 http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

beamish13
06-25-2002, 02:55 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
The owner of the local pizza joint (who is widely believed to be affiliated with the goodfellas) "bought" one for his son for Christmas.

</font>


LOL!

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 02:55 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:
no. Prequel to Shining Force 3 http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif</font>

Sorry, I was thinking of Landstalker

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 02:56 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
Remember when Sqare and Nintendo released that video of the "FINAL FANTASY PROJECT FOR ULTRA 64!!!!!!!!?"</font>

I saw the screenshots in a magazine... they still haven't caught up to that standard of graphics

Ammy
06-25-2002, 02:59 PM
i'm doing research and it seems that the dolphin is still a project... ??

beamish13
06-25-2002, 03:01 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by neopryn:
Originally posted by beamish13:
I hate Sega.</font>
Sega Genesis is still the best system ever. And Sonic 2 is the best game ever.



Sonic 2 is great, I'm with you on that one.

Ammy
06-25-2002, 03:03 PM
i lied. "dolphin" looks like a code name they use to represent whatever the current nintendo project is whenever the console is being discussed they just seems to call them all "dolphin" n64, gamecube..

kypper
06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:
i lied. "dolphin" looks like a code name they use to represent whatever the current nintendo project is whenever the console is being discussed they just seems to call them all "dolphin" n64, gamecube..</font>

That's so gay

Mooney
06-25-2002, 05:35 PM
yeah, for the most part the nintendo 64 was crap. like after an entire year it had a library of like 12 games. aside from a few notables such as mario 64, goldeneye, and zelda, it was trash.

------------------
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid11/p9b61d52cf9158d52a07531cff7490751/fe0bf97c.jpg

Graveflower
06-25-2002, 05:37 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mooney:
yeah, for the most part the nintendo 64 was crap. like after an entire year it had a library of like 12 games. aside from a few notables such as mario 64, goldeneye, and zelda, it was trash.

</font>

Perfect Dark, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie.

useful idiot
06-25-2002, 06:44 PM
dolphin was the code name for the gamecube

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 06:46 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by useful idiot:
dolphin was the code name for the gamecube</font>

THANKS REDUNDANCY BOY!

useful idiot
06-25-2002, 06:47 PM
atlantis was the codename for the gameboy advance and umm the nintendo64 was the ultra 64

useful idiot
06-25-2002, 06:48 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
THANKS REDUNDANCY BOY!</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

StillBecomingApart
06-25-2002, 06:55 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by useful idiot:
atlantis was the codename for the gameboy advance and umm the nintendo64 was the ultra 64</font>

OHMYGOD!!!! IN EUROPE IT IS CALLED NINTENDO64 AND HIS CODENAME WAS ULTRA64!!!

(really)



------------------
&lt;dndmepunk&gt; you can't use english correctly but you know how to say fuck you, i find that funny
&lt;dndmepunk&gt; if you don't know english, you at least know fuck you
&lt;dndmepunk&gt; i don't know italian....i don't know italian bad words either

http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/excel.jpg (http://www.IofTheMourning.com) http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/hayat.jpg (http://www.IofTheMourning.com/spyder) http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/puchuu.jpg (http://www.rockers.it/forum/)

useful idiot
06-25-2002, 06:58 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by StillBecomingApart:
OHMYGOD!!!! IN EUROPE IT IS CALLED NINTENDO64 AND HIS CODENAME WAS ULTRA64!!!

(really)

</font>

what the fuck are you on about?

Nate the Grate
06-25-2002, 06:59 PM
PlayStation>N64
PlayStation>PS One

(ps. the code name for the PlayStation was PSX. I used to always call it PSX and had no idea that it had a meaning)

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 08:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Nate the Grate:
PlayStation>N64
PlayStation>PS One

(ps. the code name for the PlayStation was PSX. I used to always call it PSX and had no idea that it had a meaning)</font>

AND the Playstation started life as a CDROM drive for the snes, in a joint venture with Nintendo. Nintendo ended up pulling out, and the rest is history. Smooooth.

McCollum
06-26-2002, 02:27 AM
you guys are forgeting the bombs which were Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy, and yeah the Dreamcast bit the dust too because well Sega always sucked.

Thermo
06-26-2002, 02:37 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by McCollum:
you guys are forgeting the bombs which were Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy, and yeah the Dreamcast bit the dust too because well Sega always sucked.</font>

You forgot the Atari Jaguar and Atari Lynx. BTW, what was the Sega handheld called? That sucked too, even if it was colored long before the Gameboy.

StillBecomingApart
06-26-2002, 10:49 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Thermo:
You forgot the Atari Jaguar and Atari Lynx. BTW, what was the Sega handheld called? That sucked too, even if it was colored long before the Gameboy.</font>

Game Gear

------------------
&lt;dndmepunk&gt; you can't use english correctly but you know how to say fuck you, i find that funny
&lt;dndmepunk&gt; if you don't know english, you at least know fuck you
&lt;dndmepunk&gt; i don't know italian....i don't know italian bad words either

http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/excel.jpg (http://www.IofTheMourning.com) http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/hayat.jpg (http://www.IofTheMourning.com/spyder) http://www.IofTheMourning.com/images/puchuu.jpg (http://www.rockers.it/forum/)

Andrew_Pakula
06-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Now that I think about it, if Sega had put more money into developing a new next generation system earlier instead of making the shitty and useless Sega CD and 32x then maybe they would be a lot better off.

Intead they released the half assed Sega Saturn later which sucked as well.

Graveflower
06-26-2002, 02:54 PM
Panzer Dragoon Saga is better than 99% of the games released for Playsation.

New Art Rioter
06-26-2002, 02:56 PM
Dreamcast = an underrated console.

Mark LeDrew
06-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Ok let me set you kids straight: Sega was cool, even though they made some shitty systems (DC was not one of them) and add-ons AND they were Nintendo's big rival back in the day. Plus they are still pumping out some of the best games in the industry. Atari was very cool and I shouldn't even have to explain this. I won't comment on those "other" companies due to my well known bias.

Xteenmachine
06-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Saturn = an underrated console.

DeviousJ
06-26-2002, 05:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
Panzer Dragoon Saga is better than 99% of the games released for Playsation.</font>

It was ok... those later levels in that damn tower were boring as hell

McCollum
06-27-2002, 03:08 AM
anyone actually own a virtual boy? i played on at the mall one day, it was pretty neat except everything was red.