View Full Version : flirting witht the idea of relocating.


pale_princess
06-23-2002, 09:22 PM
what kinds of towns do you all live in? what are they like. especially those west, please, give me your imput.

Oblivious
06-23-2002, 09:24 PM
move to vancouver! chad needs friends!

meow
06-23-2002, 09:25 PM
I LIVE IN NANAIMO

BC

smaller than any GOOD place, but close enough to vancouver and victoria.

bonsor
06-23-2002, 09:26 PM
<font color="0084ff">You'll probably get a lot of replies to this, but don't move to Orlando. Boringest place on Earth.

meow
06-23-2002, 09:26 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Oblivious:
move to vancouver! chad needs friends!</font>

OMG ANOTHER PERSON TO COME TO THE VANCOUVER NETPHORIAN PARTY

pale_princess
06-23-2002, 09:26 PM
tell me more about your towns. i'm thinking bc, but i'd like to know about places all over north america.

meow
06-23-2002, 09:31 PM
I have to admit, Vancouver is a really good place if you are considering it for school... like UBC, SFU... even the colleges are alright.

Victoria is better if you are moving for the pretty.

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 09:32 PM
I live in a quiet little suburb in New Jersey. Overall, it's a nice place. It's nice to go out and sit on the porch. However, there is a lack of anything interesting to do here. It's quite boring.

If you like quiet places, you may want to look into a quiet little suburb in New Jersey. If you're into excitement, however, this is one to avoid.

Overall: 3.5 out of a possible 5.

pale_princess
06-23-2002, 09:35 PM
yeah i'm actually thinking like a small town that's a small greyhound to a place where cool bands play.

bonsor
06-23-2002, 09:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
I live in a quiet little suburb in New Jersey. Overall, it's a nice place. It's nice to go out and sit on the porch. However, there is a lack of anything interesting to do here. It's quite boring.

If you like quiet places, you may want to look into a quiet little suburb in New Jersey. If you're into excitement, however, this is one to avoid.

Overall: 3.5 out of a possible 5.</font><font color="0084ff">I was thinking about moving to Jersey after graduation, but a friend of mine who used to live there said the snow is yellow because of the pollution. True?

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 09:37 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by pale_princess:
yeah i'm actually thinking like a small town that's a small greyhound to a place where cool bands play.</font>

I can get to the most popular state venue for indie bands in 40 minutes! www.maxwellsnj.com (http://www.maxwellsnj.com)


!

sawdust restaurants
06-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Shaunna, live in Chapel Hill, NC! Small-town life, lots of gorgeous university boys, a great music scene, 30 minutes from Raleigh, three hours from Charlotte, a half-day's drive away from Atlanta and four hours away from Washington, D.C.

I never thought I'd like living in North Carolina, but I really do like it here. And I like Chapel Hill better.

My hometown Cary (a Raleigh suburb): 3.5 of 5.
Chapel Hill: 4.75 of 5.

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 09:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
<font color="0084ff">I was thinking about moving to Jersey after graduation, but a friend of mine who used to live there said the snow is yellow because of the pollution. True?</font>
</font>

False, although it would be pretty awesome if it was true.

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 09:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
I can get to the most popular state venue for indie bands in 40 minutes! www.maxwellsnj.com (http://www.maxwellsnj.com)


!</font>

Also, close by is the legendary convention hall where Bruce Springsteen made his mark!

There are high quality schools in mid-NJ, also, like Rutgers and Princeton!

Hey princeton, there you go. I can imagine you enjoying walking around the main street in princeton and going to the little arthouse theater there. :-x

pale_princess
06-23-2002, 09:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
Shaunna, live in Chapel Hill, NC! Small-town life, lots of gorgeous university boys, a great music scene, 30 minutes from Raleigh, three hours from Charlotte, a half-day's drive away from Atlanta and four hours away from Washington, D.C.
</font>

that sounds quite nice. i'm sure i could get a fine customer service job or waitress job or something in a place like that. hm. or maybe near vancouver... i dunno about immigrating, but i'll consider all factors.

BlueStar
06-23-2002, 09:42 PM
<font color=#ADD8E6>Jersey is where all the trash is.

Move to NYC.

------------------
~*~Samantha~*~

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~sag249/sigankle.jpg

pale_princess
06-23-2002, 09:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:

Hey princeton, there you go. I can imagine you enjoying walking around the main street in princeton and going to the little arthouse theater there. :-x</font>

hmmm...

*thinks of imigration papers*

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 09:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by BlueStar:
<font color=#ADD8E6>Jersey is where all the trash is.
</font></font>

:'(

BlueStar
06-23-2002, 09:44 PM
<font color=#ADD8E6>If you want to move to a small town, definitely move to a college town...there will be more stuff to do, more bands, more young people, etc., etc.

------------------
~*~Samantha~*~

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~sag249/sigankle.jpg

Vacancy
06-23-2002, 09:47 PM
move to RI. serioulsy, it's the entire world squeezed into the smallest state in the US.

pale_princess
06-23-2002, 09:56 PM
too bad the college towns in canada suck. hm.

lucky_13
06-23-2002, 09:58 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by BlueStar:
<font color=#ADD8E6>Jersey is where all the trash is.

Move to NYC.</font>
NO! ALL THE TRASH IS IN ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA!!!

i agree with sean. new jersey is pretty damn nice. i live a mile from the beach, an hour south of nyc, believe it or not we have TREES here and there's alot of stuff to do.

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 10:03 PM
ah yes, the beach, i forgot about that. Wildwood is a great place. A boardwalk filled with little restaraunts, casinos, arcades, trashy little shops. And lots of fudge shops.

Let's not forget Atlantic City!

EverlastingGlaze
06-23-2002, 10:12 PM
Nanaimo rox0rs... Bring fares and spava too.. Oh mama!

------------------
http://members.shaw.ca/disconekt/boot/
http://members.shaw.ca/disconekt/piks/jeop.jpg

lucky_13
06-23-2002, 10:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
ah yes, the beach, i forgot about that. Wildwood is a great place. A boardwalk filled with little restaraunts, casinos, arcades, trashy little shops. And lots of fudge shops.

Let's not forget Atlantic City!</font>
jeez sean you just gave props to the two trashiest beach towns. way to represent. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 10:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by lucky_13:

jeez sean you just gave props to the two trashiest beach towns. way to represent. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

</font>

I've never actually even seen atlantic city but Wildwood is awesome. It's incredibly fun.

yesterdays
06-23-2002, 10:34 PM
who else's from BC,

yesterdays
06-23-2002, 10:37 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by meow:
I LIVE IN NANAIMO

BC

smaller than any GOOD place, but close enough to vancouver and victoria.</font>

lets hump

Oblivious
06-23-2002, 10:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by yesterdays:
lets hump</font>

whore.

Graveflower
06-23-2002, 10:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
I've never actually even seen atlantic city but Wildwood is awesome. It's incredibly fun.</font>

I don't think I've even been to any beach. I think Sandy Hook during summer camp, but I was like 5.

The only thing I have vivid memories of is going to High Point and climbing all the way up and nearly d ying from exhaustion.

yesterdays
06-23-2002, 10:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by pale_princess:
what kinds of towns do you all live in? what are they like. especially those west, please, give me your imput. </font>

whats happened that you wanan move?

pale_princess
06-23-2002, 10:57 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by yesterdays:
whats happened that you wanan move?</font>

*shrugs*

i'm starting to be skeptical of toronto men.

EverlastingGlaze
06-23-2002, 11:26 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by yesterdays:
lets hump</font>

How about I boot you in the balls instead?

------------------
http://members.shaw.ca/disconekt/boot/
http://members.shaw.ca/disconekt/piks/jeop.jpg

Oblivious
06-23-2002, 11:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by EverlastingGlaze:
How about I boot you in the balls instead?

</font>

he's a dity slut. *nods*

MonteLDS
06-23-2002, 11:32 PM
you can move to the San Fran. Bay area if you have the money to live here, its a nice place

meow
06-24-2002, 12:02 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by EverlastingGlaze:
How about I boot you in the balls instead?

</font>

<3 x 98248327497324

Candor Kills
06-24-2002, 02:00 AM
amherst, ny - safest city in america!
amherst, ny - boringest city in america!
15 minute from buffalo, ny - worst city in america!
what good bands play in buffalo - none!
how many cool people live in buffalo - 6!
percentage of racist trashy people - 96%
back to amherst...percentage of population that is white, middle/upper class/doesn't know what's going on outside the 5 mile radius around their house - 99%

frail_and_bedazzled
06-24-2002, 05:04 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
ah yes, the beach, i forgot about that. Wildwood is a great place. A boardwalk filled with little restaraunts, casinos, arcades, trashy little shops. And lots of fudge shops.

Let's not forget Atlantic City!</font>wildwood is the trashiest place on earth!

anyway. um. some parts of jersey are alright, but nothing near orange or west new york or any shit place like that. ummmm...move to olympia. there are lots of lesbians and bands and whatnot..gee, i don't know. i really hate small towns, so maybe i'm not the one to give advice here.

yoshinobu's revenge
06-24-2002, 07:02 AM
Australia is nice.

obscured01
06-24-2002, 11:48 AM
<font color="FB7BF6">I live in Lubbock Texas... it's a college town, with about 200,000 people (one major State University (Texas Tech) and a few little Christian Universities) but we rarely get good bands to come play here... and it's ultra conservative ... so if you're liberal in the least, this town wouldn't be for you. Besides that it's dusty and flat and brown. Bah.

------------------
~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic (http://members.door.net/skylab) ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

DeviousJ
06-24-2002, 11:52 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by meow:
<3 x 98248327497324

</font>

Man, I hate calculus

pale_princess
06-24-2002, 01:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by obscured01:
<font color="FB7BF6">I live in Lubbock Texas... it's a college town, with about 200,000 people (one major State University (Texas Tech) and a few little Christian Universities) but we rarely get good bands to come play here... and it's ultra conservative ... so if you're liberal in the least, this town wouldn't be for you. Besides that it's dusty and flat and brown. Bah.

</font>

thanks.

*crosses lubbock, tx off the list*

so far i like new jersey and vancouver. hm.

peabody
06-24-2002, 03:03 PM
richmond, virginia. it's a nice town. it's great to grow up in the west end until you're about 14 or 15 and realize that it's boring unless you like guerilla partying. umm...don't move here.

peabody
06-24-2002, 03:04 PM
i suggest you move to Madison, New Jersey! we can hang out next year! and it's a nice town about a 30 minute train ride to NYC.

lucky_13
06-24-2002, 03:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by peabody:
i suggest you move to Madison, New Jersey! we can hang out next year! and it's a nice town about a 30 minute train ride to NYC. </font>
are you really gonna go to drew, alex? that's pretty excellent.

peabody
06-24-2002, 04:04 PM
i am. i just need some more money, though.

Affectation
06-24-2002, 04:08 PM
<font color=00ff33>SLC - Fuckin' A. I enjoy it here. For the most part, it's clean, safe, and fairly quiet. If you know the right people, the party scene is good.

peabody
06-24-2002, 04:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Affectation:
<font color=00ff33>enjoy it here. it's safe. </font>
</font>
Not if you're a 14 year old middle class white girl!!!

sickbadthing
06-24-2002, 04:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by peabody:
Not if you're a 14 year old middle class white girl!!!

</font>

Whaaaaaaaat?

peabody
06-24-2002, 04:35 PM
(that girl who got kidnapped)

Affectation
06-24-2002, 04:40 PM
<font color=00ff33>She was a fuck anyway.

Graveflower
06-24-2002, 04:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by frail_and_bedazzled:
wildwood is the trashiest place on earth!

anyway. um. some parts of jersey are alright, but nothing near orange or west new york or any shit place like that. ummmm...move to olympia. there are lots of lesbians and bands and whatnot..gee, i don't know. i really hate small towns, so maybe i'm not the one to give advice here.

</font>


I DON'T CARE IT'S FUN

sickbadthing
06-24-2002, 05:22 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by peabody:
(that girl who got kidnapped)</font>

she wasn't middle class. her father is a millionaire.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-24-2002, 08:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by meow:
OMG ANOTHER PERSON TO COME TO THE VANCOUVER NETPHORIAN PARTY

</font>

Ummm were any of you at the netphorian Beach party the nite before Summersault?

heh.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-24-2002, 08:36 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by pale_princess:
yeah i'm actually thinking like a small town that's a small greyhound to a place where cool bands play.</font>

Surrey, Delta or Twasssessn http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Fattening Ass
06-24-2002, 08:38 PM
<font color=font colors fucking suck>i have nothing good to contibute here. ***

THRILLHO
06-24-2002, 09:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by yesterdays:
whats happened that you wanan move?</font>

you live in vancouver? interesting.

anyway, re: vancity, shaunna: if you're used to the music scene in toronto and move here, you'll be insanely disappointed. we have a hilarious lack of venues for anything. huge tours skip us. we're always jealous of toronto + montreal. look into seattle instead if that's important to ya.

otherwise rent is cheap, tuition is kinda cheap, hippies are everywhere and the great outdoors is the best ever! and i have a netphorian crush on you and i need more drama in my life. FLAVA lives here, for the love of the lord and savior!!!

i'd recommend california. talk to all those cali folks.

Smiley33
06-24-2002, 09:37 PM
VIVAAAA LAS VEGAS

not.

I RELOCATED TO OTTAWA AND SOME SHIT. AND AFTer that I will relocate to London, Ont. Or...? yeah.

Smiley33
06-24-2002, 09:42 PM
I want to see BC http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif It sounds so pretty. I want to see the national parks in Alberta too. Banffffffffffffffffff

THRILLHO
06-24-2002, 09:43 PM
I wonder if Banff rhymes with anything?

Skye
06-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Chances are you will get pretty tired of vancouver. I sure am.

pale_princess
06-24-2002, 11:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by THRILLHO:

anyway, re: vancity, shaunna: if you're used to the music scene in toronto and move here, you'll be insanely disappointed. we have a hilarious lack of venues for anything. huge tours skip us. we're always jealous of toronto + montreal. look into seattle instead if that's important to ya.

</font>

well i wanna be in a band... i could either take the west by storm, struggle among the dime-a-dozen toronto bands and their junior high brother's bands ... and the only bands out of the west nowadays are stoner rock.

i'm either gonna start a slowcore band or a glam-rock band. depends on my mood.

jenniferkate
06-25-2002, 11:15 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by pale_princess:
*shrugs*

i'm starting to be skeptical of toronto men.

</font>

and if you move to new jersey, you have your choice of new jersey men, new york men, and philadelphia men to be skeptical of!



------------------
what she asked of me at the end of the day,
caligula would have blushed.

pale_princess
06-25-2002, 11:45 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by jenniferkate:
and if you move to new jersey, you have your choice of new jersey men, new york men, and philadelphia men to be skeptical of!

</font>

oh boy!

DeviousJ
06-25-2002, 12:02 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by THRILLHO:
I wonder if Banff rhymes with anything?</font>

Mein Kampf?

kypper
06-25-2002, 12:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley33:
I want to see BC http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif It sounds so pretty. I want to see the national parks in Alberta too. Banffffffffffffffffff</font>

I've already promised you that, dear. Banff is very nice, as is most of eastern BC. You'll find it's sort of like Europe with Canadian architecture.

Never been to vancouver.

kypper
06-25-2002, 12:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
Mein Kampf?</font>


...and what a struggle that was.

So very sad about me
06-25-2002, 12:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by pale_princess:
and the only bands out of the west nowadays are stoner rock.
</font>

*adds you to shit list*

pale_princess
06-25-2002, 02:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
*adds you to shit list*</font>

oops. i meant the east.
like maritime provinces... n/m. that's all stoner rock nowadays.

Mayfuck
06-25-2002, 02:53 PM
End of page 2.

Mayfuck
06-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Page3

Reine Noir
06-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan is a pretty neat town. Music scene isn't too shabby. It's not far from Detroit, but Detroit sucks balls.

My hometown is pretty, on the beach, and about 1.5 hours from Chicago. But the people all suck.

meow
06-25-2002, 05:28 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
Man, I hate calculus</font>

and just think, the derivative of that big number is 0.
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley33:
I want to see BC http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif It sounds so pretty. </font>
YOU CAN STAY WITH MEE@!!!!!

kypper
06-25-2002, 05:28 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by meow:
and just think, the derivative of that big number is 0.

YOU CAN STAY WITH MEE@!!!!!</font>

meow
06-25-2002, 05:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
End of page 2.</font>


<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Page3</font>


wow, you are really on top of things.

Smiley33
06-25-2002, 05:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:
</font>

what's so sad about staying with meow? We just had some British people at the bed and breakfast who came back from a trek across western canada and told me how beautiful the view was from where they stayed in vancouver, and how they say nanaimo from their window or something and how they loved banff.

BANFF BANFF

<3 meow!

bonsor
06-25-2002, 05:37 PM
<font color="0084ff">I want to move to jersey.

That is all.

Graveflower
06-25-2002, 05:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
<font color="0084ff">I want to move to jersey.

That is all.</font>
</font>

at least some people listen to me.

kypper
06-25-2002, 05:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley33:
what's so sad about staying with meow? We just had some British people at the bed and breakfast who came back from a trek across western canada and told me how beautiful the view was from where they stayed in vancouver, and how they say nanaimo from their window or something and how they loved banff.

BANFF BANFF

<3 meow!</font>

Banff ain't BC, tardmonkey.

and she offered YOU http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Smiley33
06-25-2002, 05:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:
Banff ain't BC, tardmonkey.

and she offered YOU http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif</font>

yes, I knowwwww!! It's in Alberta! I was talking about Western BC and those English people going there.

oh waaaaaah, you know you're invited too http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

kypper
06-25-2002, 05:52 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley33:
yes, I knowwwww!! It's in Alberta! I was talking about Western BC and those English people going there.

oh waaaaaah, you know you're invited too http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif </font>


Yeah, as comic relief.

Smiley33
06-25-2002, 05:56 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:

Yeah, as comic relief.</font>

oh you're being a weiner. You and meow talk more than I talk to meowmeow http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

bonsor
06-25-2002, 05:56 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
at least some people listen to me.</font><font color="0084ff">Well, I was sitting in class today and the three people that sit around me are all from New Jersey. I felt left out.

But it's a nice place, isn't it?

Graveflower
06-25-2002, 05:57 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
[]<font color="0084ff">

But it's a nice place, isn't it?</font>
</font>

Yes....VERY nice. http://www.dragondata.com/~mich/yabb/YaBBImages/s25angel.gif