View Full Version : Toronto! Hi! I'm here.

peabody
08-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Hello. I drove 9 hours today! I just got to my hotel and am in the bar eating chicken wings tired as hell.

Let's go bike riding tomorrow. Or something.

Shaunna!!

sleeper
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
so how long are you staying for? im up for some bike riding

peabody
08-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Till Saturday. I have a rented car. I'm driving to Montreal on Saturday to see Camera Obscura.

Let's hang out! You like gay bars, right?

Elvis The Fat Years
08-22-2007, 10:30 PM
you gays and your exclamation points. it's getting out of hand.

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 12:43 AM
hey alex lets hang sometime after 5

sleeper
08-23-2007, 07:35 AM
You like gay bars, right?

no youre thinking of jan

in fact we need to find him, because he has your bike. jan is like dead or something, i havent seen him

dean_r_koontz
08-23-2007, 07:44 AM
stop feeding the community

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 09:31 AM
i'll go to a gay bar man.

Mo
08-23-2007, 11:48 AM
no youre thinking of jan

in fact we need to find him, because he has your bike. jan is like dead or something, i havent seen him

Isn't he like in Europe ATM?

HorseflyKing
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Toronto!

peabody
08-23-2007, 12:58 PM
The weather blows today. It's like rainy, but not, but kinda. And humid, but not hot, but kinda if you walk.

I just had lunch at the Village Rainbow restaurant. It was pretty good. There are lots of gay dudes in this area! Way more than in boystown in Chicago. And lots of people are speaking Spanish and Chinese. Toronto is neat.

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:00 PM
it's totally hoody weather.

let's do dinner and woody's tonite.

wHATcOLOR
08-23-2007, 01:00 PM
what r u gonna do tonite

peabody
08-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Is Zelda's good for dinner? I almost went there for lunch.

Dinner and Woody's sounds fun! Don't you have aim or yahoo? Private messaging takes too long! and I only have 49 more minutes of internet left!

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:05 PM
i've never been to zelda's! i'd try it.

i have aim but can't use it at work.

call me @ work.

peabody
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
phonecalls cost me a buttload since i'm roaming

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
use a payphone. 50 cents!

threetwooneZERO
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Is Zelda's good for dinner? I almost went there for lunch.

Dinner and Woody's sounds fun! Don't you have aim or yahoo? Private messaging takes too long! and I only have 49 more minutes of internet left!

check out kensington court area; it's right by china town. and if you are looking for a good place for dinner, i suggest the super market. great place.

http://www.supermarkettoronto.com/menu/

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:18 PM
i've never eaten at supermarket but i've been to a douchey dance party there once. menu looks delicious.

i've got lots of fave restaurants.
sushi: junjun, new generation
chinese: new ho king
home cooking: victory
breakfast: noon
diner: vesta lunch
thai: real thailand
mexican: mariachi's
cajun/creole: southern accent
burrito: burrito boyz
wings: duff's

i'm not too picky, i'll give any restaurant a chance.

threetwooneZERO
08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
i've never eaten at supermarket but i've been to a douchey dance party there once. menu looks delicious.

i've got lots of fave restaurants.
sushi: junjun, new generation
chinese: new ho king
home cooking: victory
breakfast: noon
diner: vesta lunch
thai: real thailand
mexican: mariachi's
cajun/creole: southern accent
burrito: burrito boyz

i'm not too picky, i'll give any restaurant a chance.

oh the food there is awesome. and thanks for the suggestions. i usually make the trip up at least once a semester. i'll have to try a couple of these places out. i was going to go up to see animal collective first week of school, but just found out i can't make it.

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
hm. the menu for zelda's leaves a bit to be desired.

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
mariachi's is probably the only authentic mexican restaurant in town. too bad it's at yonge/eglinton. dos amigos is by my place and it's more "upscale" mexican but the food's kinda meh.

i mean i like tortilla flats if i'm in the mood for texmex cheese and sour cream on everything and sneaky dee's is overpriced crap except the potato skins and carrot cake.

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
i asked for recommendations for restaurants in the village and heard good things about hair of the dog:

I count this restaurant among my favourites, and coincidentally, was just there last week.

Apps range between $5 and $12 I think, while sandwiches are between $10 and $14. The sandwiches are all accompanied by fries or salad (excellent). I think their 'meal salads' are all around $10. Serving sizes are generous without being ridiculous.

Mains run the gamut from $10 to $20+. Most are around $15 I think.

The 'made in-house' veggie burger is exceptional there. I've had a seared tuna steak there (it's a special) a couple of times, and I really like their preparation. I haven't been with anyone who didn't enjoy their meal there. Though, I once had the caprese salad and was satisfied, but not blown away.

They have a variety of pub-style dishes, and many more upscale entrées. I wouldn't call it british style pub food, but rather eclectic Toronto-style pub food. Examples ******* curries, pastas, fish, etc. There are numerous vegetarian options, and a great selection of draft beer and bottled wine.

As for the space itself, there is a huge patio, that will probably shut down soon. I don't think they have heaters out there. The main floor is a few steps below street level and has a bar as well as a number of tables. The upstairs has a few large booths and more tables. I think the washrooms are upstairs too.

I think they would fax the menu to you if you asked them. You should give them a call and try.

peabody
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Let's go there instead.

I bought a day pass shaunna! i'm gonna go ride the subway for a few hours. yay

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 02:15 PM
wikkid. enjoy your ride.

i could make you a list of good independent record shops and stuff if you like.

peabody
08-23-2007, 02:16 PM
i don't got the money to be buying records when i can steal them from the interweb.

too cloudy to do the cn tower. lame!

pale_princess
08-23-2007, 02:20 PM
ooh! alex the cne is in town. carnival. that's another thing if you're into that kind of thing.

peabody
08-23-2007, 02:24 PM
What is that!

My internet is about to expire so tell me tonight at dinner. me go play now

RopeyLopey
08-23-2007, 04:22 PM
i was out of town for few days. We can do the biking thing tomorrow if you want. We can meet somewhere in the afternoon and go biking to the Distillery District. You should survive this even if you are not used to biking.
Hiw much are you familiar with the downtown area? Do you know where College/St.George intersection is?

sleeper
08-23-2007, 06:22 PM
yes let us do that. jan will wear a speedo for peabody's benefit

pale_princess
08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
fuuuuuuuuck last night was fun.

ooh and dinner was delicious! medium rare tuna stealk encrusted in seasame seeds served on coconut rice with sides of bok choy and wasabi soy sauce dip!