View Full Version : Well, looks like USA doesn't want any friends at all in the world.

kypper
05-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Obviously taken from the National Post.
I have no problem with Americans... but I do have a problem with the burning of our flag; we just don't do that kind of shit. I don't give a fuck who wins a hockey game - that's just wrong.

---------------------------

New York mob torched anthem singer's Maple Leaf

Bruce Arthur
National Post

Days after being cheered as he sang the Canadian and American anthems before an NHL playoff game in Toronto, Robert Pomakov watched, horrified, as unruly New York hockey fans burned his Canadian flag in the parking lot of Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Mr. Pomakov, an opera singer, saw both his Canadian and his Toronto Maple Leaf flags torn from his car and set on fire by a crowd chanting "U.S.A! U.S.A!" in the moments before Sunday's Game 6 between the Leafs and the New York Islanders.

"We lost four of our soldiers and they were basically defending these idiots," said an outraged Mr. Pomakov. "If patriotism is what drives these people and their ignorance, then I am ashamed to have our soldiers defending them."

Four Canadian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan on April 18 when a U.S. fighter plane mistakenly bombed them.

Mr. Pomakov, 21, is working on his masters of opera degree at the world-renowned Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia, from where he drove to Long Island for Sunday's game at the Coliseum, which is named in honour of U.S. war veterans.

He and fellow Torontonian Patrick Magee, also 21, decked themselves in Team Canada and Leafs jerseys and attached one regular-size Canadian flag and one Maple Leafs flag to broomsticks on their rental car. After being heckled as they pulled into the parking lot before the game, they could only look on as both flags were set alight.

"I was just shocked," he said. "There's a line that needs to be drawn, and this was so far across. You can't believe that you're watching the Canadian flag burn.

"There wasn't much we could do. There were a lot more of them than there were of us."

Mr. Pomakov felt the Americans' treatment of the Canadian flag was disgraceful.

Mr. Pomakov said the flags incident has not soured him on life in the United States. Still, he was pleased to see Toronto's Game 7 win on Tuesday, which set up a second-round Battle of Ontario series with the Ottawa Senators that begins tonight in Toronto.

Whatever the feelings of Torontonians toward the seat of federal government, or of Ottawans toward the seat of national commerce, the anthem is quite unlikely to be booed during the series.

------------------------------------

------------------
http://www.emotioneric.com/catchgf.jpg

nevermind
05-02-2002, 01:43 PM
stupid canadians. serves them right.
shove it to em new yorkers!

ZERO
05-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Yeh man. Shit like that happens in sports all the time.

Have you heard about the stabbing in, what was it.. Galatasaray, Turkey, just before a major game with some English team?

kypper
05-02-2002, 01:49 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ZERO:
Yeh man. Shit like that happens in sports all the time.

Have you heard about the stabbing in, what was it.. Galatasaray, Turkey, just before a major game with some English team?</font>

They should be held very responsible for it. This is at the worst time for Canada, when American idiots bombed us in Afghanistan. Precision bombs my ass.

(sorry for putting 'your')

[This message has been edited by kypper (edited 05-02-2002).]

ZERO
05-02-2002, 01:51 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:
They should be held very responsible for it. This is at the worst time for Canada, when their idiots bombed us in Afghanistan. Precision bombs my ass.</font>

[This message has been edited by ZERO (edited 05-02-2002).]

Graveflower
05-02-2002, 01:53 PM
That's frigging retarded. The anti Canada thing used to just be a joke, people take it too far.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:00 PM

[This message has been edited by ZERO (edited 05-02-2002).]</font>

Yeah, Desi just noted that. I apologize. How do you feel as a Canadian though?

ZERO
05-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Yeah, Desi just noted that. I apologize. How do you feel as a Canadian though?</font>

Personally I don't care. I don't expect much from them. It just goes to show how ignorant they are. Fucking septic tanks.

nevermind
05-02-2002, 02:07 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
That's frigging retarded. The anti Canada thing used to just be a joke, people take it too far.</font>

boo hoo

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by nevermind:
boo hoo</font>

Come over the border, ya pussy.
<font color=black>

nevermind
05-02-2002, 02:09 PM
<font color=black>

[This message has been edited by kypper (edited 05-02-2002).]</font>

yea i know. canadians are know worldwide for how much ass they can kick. ill back away man.

ZERO
05-02-2002, 02:09 PM
<font color=black>
</font>

Isn't there a degree of ugliness that is not accepted this way over?

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:12 PM
Isn't there a degree of ugliness that is not accepted this way over?

</font>

I just wanted to see him get cavity searched when he hit the border.
<font color=black>

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:15 PM
I have lived both in America and Canada, and I don't really care for either. However, I would love to live in Victoria again, but then again, Canadians are much uglier and pastier looking.

Stearnsie
05-02-2002, 02:15 PM
Dude, don't take it personally. EVERY country has at one time burned the flag of another. It's just people being stupid. Whether it's Americans, Canadians, or whatever.

ZERO
05-02-2002, 02:18 PM
I just wanted to see him get cavity searched when he hit the border.

</font>

They'd be all confused with a face like his. <font color=black>

[This message has been edited by ZERO (edited 05-02-2002).]

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:21 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Stearnsie:
Dude, don't take it personally. EVERY country has at one time burned the flag of another. It's just people being stupid. Whether it's Americans, Canadians, or whatever.</font>

See above post.
This is the second time in the past month, and we've had a bombing. We ain't happy campers.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:22 PM
They'd be all confused with a face like his. </font>

Kill it! Kill it!

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:27 PM
See above post.
This is the second time in the past month, and we've had a bombing. We ain't happy campers.</font>

yet another example . . .

PkPhuoko
05-02-2002, 02:27 PM
People burn american flags all the time... boo fucking hoo.

Also you need to do research on what happened with the canadian bombing.... it wasnt a missle that went off target... the US jet saw a group of armed soldiers that were not recognized as allies... the pilot meant to hit that mass of people... the Canadians failed to announce their coordinates before conducting their mission which is a huge military no-no.... cause a mass of armed soldiers looks the same to an f-16... bad situation but could have been avoided.

the only thing more cliche than hating canada is hating america

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:28 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by PkPhuoko:

Also you need to do research on what happened with the canadian bombing.... it wasnt a missle that went off target... the US jet saw a group of armed soldiers that were not recognized as allies... the pilot meant to hit that mass of people... the Canadians failed to announce their coordinates before conducting their mission which is a huge military no-no.... cause a mass of armed soldiers looks the same to an f-16... bad situation but could have been avoided.

the only thing more cliche than hating canada is hating america</font>

another good example . . .

nevermind
05-02-2002, 02:30 PM

the raver dork knows what he's talkin about.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:31 PM

Yes, but Canada has, honestly, done nothing to offend America. We have signed NAFTA (a stupid move), we have taken part in military defence plans, we have allowed 25% duties to be slapped on lumber that AMERICANS WANT TOO CHEAP. Shit happens, eh?

As far as I can see, it wasn't that Canadians didnt' follow procedure, it's that they didnt' follow AMERICAN proceedure. You aren't the goddamned world, you know. There are countries outside of those piddly borders.
<font color=black>

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:31 PM

the raver dork knows what he's talkin about.</font>

As if you'd know your head from your ass.

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:36 PM
As far as I can see, it wasn't that Canadians didnt' follow procedure, it's that they didnt' follow AMERICAN proceedure. You aren't the goddamned world, you know. There are countries outside of those piddly borders.
<font color=black>

grow a brain. i'm not defending america, but that isn't an american procedure moron. if you're in war territory, it's always smart to identify yourself. as for lumbre, everyone involved there are fuckwits. NAFTA is a wreck, so Candadians and everyone else involved in that created the mess. and if i'm not mistaken, brazil, england AND canada have a worse history of riots involving nothing other than fucking sports. wooweee. americans burned someone else's flag for a change. gawd, WHO FUCKING CARES!

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Aeroplane:
grow a brain. i'm not defending america, but that isn't an american procedure moron. if you're in war territory, it's always smart to identify yourself. as for lumbre, everyone involved there are fuckwits. NAFTA is a wreck, so Candadians and everyone else involved in that created the mess. and if i'm not mistaken, brazil, england AND canada have a worse history of riots involving nothing other than fucking sports. wooweee. americans burned someone else's flag for a change. gawd, WHO FUCKING CARES!</font>

Grow up, cunt. WE weren't using YOUR technology to identify ourselves. We were identified fine, just not with 2002 STATEOFTHEARTWEHAVEABLANKCHEQUEMILITARYBUDGET equipment. Fuck yourself, jackass.

PkPhuoko
05-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Yes, but Canada has, honestly, done nothing to offend America. We have signed NAFTA (a stupid move), we have taken part in military defence plans, we have allowed 25% duties to be slapped on lumber that AMERICANS WANT TOO CHEAP. Shit happens, eh?

<font color=black>

that "procedure" has been military procedure since the late 10th century. It's called the "wingman" concept. If one person or group goes somewhere they inform allies so military actions will work around it. In midevil time generals would announce troop movements to allied forces so when they saw a big mass of people on the horizon they new to expect friendly forces coming and not to attack.

And one of the reasons we tax your lumbers is because your country can get away with things we cant. Same situation with wheat... your country can use cheap pesticides our country cant... so its cheaper to buy wheat from you and have it shipped than it is to buy our own.... in order to keep the working class of america up we have to tax it to equate to ensure our unemployment rate stays down.

That's simple economics... you take care of your country before you worry about another.... if we wanted to be picky we could lift the tax on your wheat and say you can't use this pesticide.... then all of your farmers would go completely broke meeting our standards.

ZERO
05-02-2002, 02:43 PM
It's a shame. Their ego takes over anything.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:45 PM

that "procedure" has been military procedure since the late 10th century. It's called the "wingman" concept. If one person or group goes somewhere they inform allies so military actions will work around it. In midevil time generals would announce troop movements to allied forces so when they saw a big mass of people on the horizon they new to expect friendly forces coming and not to attack.

And one of the reasons we tax your lumbers is because your country can get away with things we cant. Same situation with wheat... your country can use cheap pesticides our country cant... so its cheaper to buy wheat from you and have it shipped than it is to buy our own.... in order to keep the working class of america up we have to tax it to equate to ensure our unemployment rate stays down.

That's simple economics... you take care of your country before you worry about another.... if we wanted to be picky we could lift the tax on your wheat and say you can't use this pesticide.... then all of your farmers would go completely broke meeting our standards.

</font>

Most of our 'farmers' are American agrifood companies now. It's just recycled money from foreign ownerships. (and yes, the Canadian government is the one to blame, I know) But our environmental adherances are quite more in line with those of the world than USA, so don't get down my back about pesticides. We didn't fuck the Kyoto treaty simply because we want to drill in Alaska and bend over for the oil companies.

Aeroplane
Grow up, cunt. WE weren't using YOUR technology to identify ourselves. We were identified fine, just not with 2002 STATEOFTHEARTWEHAVEABLANKCHEQUEMILITARYBUDGET equipment. Fuck yourself, jackass.</font>

gawd, you ARE taking this way too personally. i wasn't even defending america, but your points of argument were as full of air as your head is, bitch. and just because i live here doesn't mean i care for it. most of my life wasn't spent here, but who cares about that either? and if canadians don't spend the money to be able to be in the warpath adequately, then that's their own fucking mistake. stop whining.

PkPhuoko
Grow up, cunt. WE weren't using YOUR technology to identify ourselves. We were identified fine, just not with 2002 STATEOFTHEARTWEHAVEABLANKCHEQUEMILITARYBUDGET equipment. Fuck yourself, jackass.</font>

ummm the identifying we're talking about is calling on a radio to the operations headquarters and saying "Canadian Army Platoon blah blah blah will be heading to X coordinates" and then the command post distributes that out to all the troops in the region.... so when an f-16 flies over that area they call it in and they say "those are allies"

the identifying "technology" is something the canadians use on a day to day basis however this situation they did not
*gasp*

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:46 PM
It's a shame. Their ego takes over anything.</font>

In defence of USA, I can honestly say that any world power does that. Russia did it. Britain DEFINATELY did it. It's somewhat deserved arrogance at times, but it doesn't make it any more appreciated.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:47 PM
ummm the identifying we're talking about is calling on a radio to the operations headquarters and saying "Canadian Army Platoon blah blah blah will be heading to X coordinates" and then the command post distributes that out to all the troops in the region.... so when an f-16 flies over that area they call it in and they say "those are allies"

the identifying "technology" is something the canadians use on a day to day basis however this situation they did not
*gasp*</font>

That's not what I read in the newspaper; it was an American proceedure we were unaware of, apparently.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:48 PM
gawd, you ARE taking this way too personally. i wasn't even defending america, but your points of argument were as full of air as your head is, bitch. and just because i live here doesn't mean i care for it. most of my life wasn't spent here, but who cares about that either? and if canadians don't spend the money to be able to be in the warpath adequately, then that's their own fucking mistake. stop whining.</font>

I don't believe we should be over there until we're more equipped; full agreement there. However, I do think Americans need to start being fucking careful about their procedures; just because they can afford it doesn't mean the rest of the world can, and yes, we do want to help with causes we believe in.

Aeroplane
In defence of USA, I can honestly say that any world power does that. Russia did it. Britain DEFINATELY did it. It's somewhat deserved arrogance at times, but it doesn't make it any more appreciated.</font>

you're like a dog whining

Random Female
It's a shame. Their ego takes over anything.</font>

It's true. Come on, America. I know this new wave of patriotism from Sept 11th has us all riled up, but let's not get our panties in a bunch. Burning a flag is a huge insult to a country, one that should not be used on so frivolously a subject as a sports game with a nation that we (politically, anyway) get along with very well.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:49 PM
you're like a dog whining</font>

You're an arrogant asshole. Your point?

PkPhuoko
05-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Most of our 'farmers' are American agrifood companies now. It's just recycled money from foreign ownerships. (and yes, the Canadian government is the one to blame, I know) But our environmental adherances are quite more in line with those of the world than USA, so don't get down my back about pesticides. We didn't fuck the Kyoto treaty simply because we want to drill in Alaska and bend over for the oil companies.</font>

pesticides have nothing to do with the enviroment in this argument you dolt. Our FDA won't allow us to use certain pesticides because its thought to be harmful to humans. We dont put you in check on it because of NAFTA's piece of shit loopholes.

Before you try and make a stand on something get slightly eduacated.

[This message has been edited by PkPhuoko (edited 05-02-2002).]

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:52 PM
You're an arrogant asshole. Your point?</font>

you started it. just finishing it up for you. i agree with you, most countries that are worth their salt are proud of it, as they should be, but they also have a big ego.
but because they have been more successful doesn't mean that they should be blamed for everything too. everytime something bad happens and let's say for the sake of argument, America doesn't step up to help, then they're criticised for NOT getting involved. it's a lose lose situations, and only can be from those who are less fortunate (in some opinions) not to be world powers.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:54 PM
pesticides have nothing to do with the enviroment you dolt. Our FDA won't allow us to use certain pesticides because its thought to be harmful to humans. We dont put you in check on it because of NAFTA's piece of shit loopholes.

Before you try and make a stand on something get slightly eduacated.</font>

I know a fair fucking bit about NAFTA, retard; I've studied it. Pesticides are a health and ENVIRONMENTAL issue.
NAFTA loopholes are hurting us more, overall. For example, we now have to have certain types of gasoline that are horrid to human health and the environment simply because NAFTA courts believe that USA profit is more reasonable than health.

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:56 PM
you started it. just finishing it up for you. i agree with you, most countries that are worth their salt are proud of it, as they should be, but they also have a big ego.
but because they have been more successful doesn't mean that they should be blamed for everything too. everytime something bad happens and let's say for the sake of argument, America doesn't step up to help, then they're criticised for NOT getting involved. it's a lose lose situations, and only can be from those who are less fortunate (in some opinions) not to be world powers.</font>

Look, honestly I'd apologize to Americans for the burning of an American flag. I'd do it to France, Italy, Germany... I think it's wrong unless you're in your own goddamned country burning your own flag. Then it's your right to hate something you're a part of. I don't care about Canada being less fortunate, but the burning of our flag is not acceptable; c'mon America, step up and apologize for once for people being assholes. We've done it. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:57 PM

I know a fair fucking bit about NAFTA, retard; I've studied it. Pesticides are a health and ENVIRONMENTAL issue.
NAFTA loopholes are hurting us more, overall. For example, we now have to have certain types of gasoline that are horrid to human health and the environment simply because NAFTA courts believe that USA profit is more reasonable than health. </font>

that i agree with you at least. but like i said, NAFTA is a wreck, and everyone involved is to blame.

PkPhuoko
05-02-2002, 02:58 PM

NAFTA loopholes are hurting us more, overall. For example, we now have to have certain types of gasoline that are horrid to human health and the environment simply because NAFTA courts believe that USA profit is more reasonable than health. </font>

<font size=9> WE DONT USE CERTAIN CHEAP PESTICIDES CAUSE THEY ARE HARMFULL TO HUMANS TO INGEST. CANADIAN LAW ALLOWS YOU TO USE THEM AND THROUGH NAFTA YOU CAN SELL THEM TO US. IF WE ENFORCED THE SAME STANDARDS ON NAFTA YOUR COUNTRY WOULD BE BROKE IN A MATTER OF A YEAR DUE TO POOR AGRICULTURAL EXPORTS AND OUT FARMERS WOULD BE SITTING ON POTS OF GOLD. UNDER NAFTA WE ALLOW IT BUT IN ORDER TO MAKE UP FOR THE HIGHER FDA STANDARDS FOR INGESTED FOODS THE US HOLDS, WE TAX YOUR WHEAT.</FONT>

That make a bit more sense to you?

kypper
05-02-2002, 02:58 PM
that i agree with you at least. but like i said, NAFTA is a wreck, and everyone involved is to blame.</font>

Well, it's not just America to blame; I'll agree. But it's the corporate control that is... and it's in America where that control is so strong and so influential. That, I suppose, is my greatest upset about NAFTA; it just happens to benefit Americans most because of their strong armed tactics, but they're controlled by corporations, so.. let's burn down microsoft http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 02:59 PM
Look, honestly I'd apologize to Americans for the burning of an American flag. I'd do it to France, Italy, Germany... I think it's wrong unless you're in your own goddamned country burning your own flag. Then it's your right to hate something you're a part of. I don't care about Canada being less fortunate, but the burning of our flag is not acceptable; c'mon America, step up and apologize for once for people being assholes. We've done it. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif</font>

*phew. we agree again. i'd be the first to admit Americans can be assholes. but does anyone ever make it a point to have each country that burns AMERICA'S flag apologise. Hell no.

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:00 PM
<font size=9> WE DONT USE CERTAIN CHEAP PESTICIDES CAUSE THEY ARE HARMFULL TO HUMANS TO INGEST. CANADIAN LAW ALLOWS YOU TO USE THEM AND THROUGH NAFTA YOU CAN SELL THEM TO US. IF WE ENFORCED THE SAME STANDARDS ON NAFTA YOUR COUNTRY WOULD BE BROKE IN A MATTER OF A YEAR DUE TO POOR AGRICULTURAL EXPORTS AND OUT FARMERS WOULD BE SITTING ON POTS OF GOLD. UNDER NAFTA WE ALLOW IT BUT IN ORDER TO MAKE UP FOR THE HIGHER FDA STANDARDS FOR INGESTED FOODS THE US HOLDS, WE TAX YOUR WHEAT.</FONT>

That make a bit more sense to you?</font>

Your farmers are already sitting on a gold pot compared to ours.
Poor baby has one issue; I dont' think those pesticides should be used either... happy? Everyone has some setbacks, but you stack em up, and the USA is the one that's really profiting.

MisterSquishyHalo
05-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Obviously taken from the National Post.
I have no problem with Americans... but I do have a problem with the burning of our flag; we just don't do that kind of shit. I don't give a fuck who wins a hockey game - that's just wrong.

</font>

You are a idiot, how you go from a bunch of sports fans burning the opposing teams flag...to USA not wanting any friends in the world.

Thats a big leap

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:01 PM
*phew. we agree again. i'd be the first to admit Americans can be assholes. but does anyone ever make it a point to have each country that burns AMERICA'S flag apologise. Hell no.</font>

Canada has... fortunately. Thus I can be a little haughty about it.
We had to apologize for a well respected writer critisizing Bush. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:02 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MisterSquishyHalo:
You are a idiot, how you go from a bunch of sports fans burning the opposing teams flag...to USA not wanting any friends in the world.

Thats a big leap

</font>

You aren't worth the time. Read the rest of the posts.

MisterSquishyHalo
05-02-2002, 03:02 PM
They should be held very responsible for it. This is at the worst time for Canada, when American idiots bombed us in Afghanistan. Precision bombs my ass.

(sorry for putting 'your')

Heh, it was Very precise, he wanted to hit the place where he thought he was getting shot at.

Obviouslly it was very precise.

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 03:04 PM
Canada has... fortunately. Thus I can be a little haughty about it.
We had to apologize for a well respected writer critisizing Bush. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif</font>

really? Bush is a dimwit. did you know that the producers of The Simpsons had to apologise to the Brazilian touristry board because they portrayed rio de janiero accurately but showing it as crime ridden. such things are retarded.

Mark LeDrew
05-02-2002, 03:07 PM
A flag is just a symbol anyway. People take shit like that far too seriously. Nobody got hurt, no harm done.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/kid.jpg

This is just a modern rock song,
This is just a sorry lament,
We're four boys in our corduroys,
We're not terrific but we're competent.

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 03:07 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
A flag is just a symbol anyway. People take shit like that far too seriously. Nobody got hurt, no harm done.

</font>

true

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:08 PM
really? Bush is a dimwit. did you know that the producers of The Simpsons had to apologise to the Brazilian touristry board because they portrayed rio de janiero accurately but showing it as crime ridden. such things are retarded.</font>

lol agreed. I did know that.

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:09 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:

</font>

It's a symbol that means something to people... and we need to respect that.

nevermind
05-02-2002, 03:09 PM
yes! another pussy fight!

*throws rice at the fools*

Crippler
05-02-2002, 03:11 PM
<font color="aquamarine">All I'll say is, it'd be a good idea if the culprits apologize, but since that's not going to happen...let me get my slingshot and prepare for the imminent onslaught of the U.S.-Canada conflict that movies such as Canadian Bacon and South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut have predicted.

It's true, it's true.

------------------
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/gladiator/gladiator_3.jpg (http://firekatze.diaryland.com)

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:12 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Crippler:
<font color="aquamarine">All I'll say is, it'd be a good idea if the culprits apologize, but since that's not going to happen...let me get my slingshot and prepare for the imminent onslaught of the U.S.-Canada conflict that movies such as Canadian Bacon and South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut have predicted.

It's true, it's true.

</font>

Yeah... but they grossly overestimated our military. A slingshot would be serious overkill http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 03:13 PM
yes! another pussy fight!

*throws rice at the fools*</font>

*picks rice out of eye

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:13 PM
*picks rice out of eye</font>

With a chopstick?

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Yeah... but they grossly overestimated our military. A slingshot would be serious overkill http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

yeah, hockey sticks and pucks would be more accurate.

FearFactory
05-02-2002, 03:15 PM
<font color="orange">It still makes me laugh when Canadians bash on Americans, seeing as how THEY'RE AMERICANS TOO.
</font>
<font color="red">

------------------
http://raversaregay.homestead.com/files/USA.gif
If you weren't so boring, you wouldn't be bored right now.

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 03:15 PM
With a chopstick?</font>

"Don't worry about picking the splinter out of your neighbour's eye when you need to concern yourself with the plank in yours." or something like that. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

ZERO
05-02-2002, 03:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by FearFactory:
<font color="orange">It still makes me laugh when Canadians bash on Americans, seeing as how THEY'RE AMERICANS TOO.
</font>
<font color="red">

</font>

Go make shitty music.

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:18 PM
</font>
<font color="red">

</font>

I almost took offense to that. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Go make shitty music.</font>

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!!

kypper
05-02-2002, 03:23 PM

You rule.

Fathoms (unadored)
05-02-2002, 03:39 PM
So, the moral of all of this is that pesticides are bad, and flag burning is ok!

FearFactory
05-02-2002, 03:40 PM

<font color="orange">So where's your "Excellent" music?
</font>
<font color="red">

------------------
http://raversaregay.homestead.com/files/USA.gif
If you weren't so boring, you wouldn't be bored right now.

nevermind
05-02-2002, 03:51 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored):
So, the moral of all of this is that pesticides are bad, and flag burning is ok!</font>

FIRE BAD!!!! AAAAGGHHHH!!!!

kypper
05-02-2002, 04:01 PM
FIRE BAD!!!! AAAAGGHHHH!!!!</font>

Go James.

ZERO
05-02-2002, 04:13 PM
<font color="orange">So where's your "Excellent" music?
</font>
<font color="red">

</font>

In my stereo.

nevermind
05-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Go James.</font>

nah, go frankenstein.

Aeroplane
05-02-2002, 04:26 PM
nah, go frankenstein.</font>

frankenstein's monster

Fonzie
05-02-2002, 06:02 PM
... the US jet saw a group of armed soldiers that were not recognized as allies... the pilot meant to hit that mass of people... </font>

Did the pilot not see THE BIG FUCKING MAPLE FLAGS SEWN ON THEIR BACKPACKS???

------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

ZERO
05-02-2002, 07:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Fonzie:
Did the pilot not see THE BIG FUCKING MAPLE FLAGS SEWN ON THEIR BACKPACKS???

</font>

fucking rights!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pa2fb555cbe4ac5af9af3c37a208b72a2/fdc4094f.jpg.orig.jpg

PkPhuoko
05-02-2002, 07:23 PM
desert camo's don't have the color red in them

Injektilo
05-02-2002, 07:29 PM
This might be off-topic somewhat, but since the Canadian troops are under U.S. command, wasn't it up to them to make sure the F-16 pilot knew what troops where where? and even then, its entirly possible that the message got lost somewhere in a paper shuffle, and the National Guard never got the message. Don't go blaming it on the Canadians right away, at least wait until one of the billion different inquires figures something out.

PkPhuoko
05-02-2002, 07:40 PM
this is how it is....

in command are generals from all the countries participating.... they all have individuals working all chains of command. An order is given from the command. When prepared the platoon departs, they call in their military action... there is no paperwork they simply didnt coordinate and it wasnt known who was in the area. Canadian troops arent under US command. The canadian military says they must report their actions.... its almost like air traffic control but for military action. If a blip shows up on the radar and they arent identified they are considered hostile.

Fonzie
05-02-2002, 07:47 PM
desert camo's don't have the color red in them</font>

Yeah, but these guys are canadians. They gotta sew the maple on something, right?

------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

Injektilo
05-02-2002, 07:49 PM
this is how it is....

in command are generals from all the countries participating.... they all have individuals working all chains of command. An order is given from the command. When prepared the platoon departs, they call in their military action... there is no paperwork they simply didnt coordinate and it wasnt known who was in the area. Canadian troops arent under US command. The canadian military says they must report their actions.... its almost like air traffic control but for military action. If a blip shows up on the radar and they arent identified they are considered hostile.</font>

hunh.... thats contrary to everything I've read in the newspapers and magazines up here.

------------------
how'd this world get so fucking fun, all of a sudden?

ZeroBullet
05-02-2002, 08:06 PM
<font color="cadetblue">From everything I've read, the Candians were in a known area designated for training.

The Canadian investigation wrapped up last week, results will be out eventually.