View Full Version : the worst thing about being a girl

Samsa
04-24-2002, 01:58 PM
my guess would be guys looking at your b00bs. at least nasty(and i mean personality-wise) guys looking at your boobs. i mean, i know, first amendment and all, but still. like... when you walk by someone or something, or when someone walks by you and you see them looking at your boobs. ugh this is such a dumb post. but people are such jerks. like. are girls just as gross? i think we are. well i are. i mean. i look at other girls' butts. but i feel guilty about it at least jeez. like today i'm in school and i'm walking down the hall and this guy is walking towards me and this girl in front of me is turning a corner, and i see him turn around and check out her ass. lol. i didn't get to see it i wonder if it was special. n/m. it's just sometimes i'm very discouraged with people.

The Patient
04-24-2002, 02:00 PM
the school i go to is mostly guys. a bunch of people, mainly dudes, will be standing outside smoking cigarettes and whenever a girl walks by you see all their heads turn. it's funny.

Smiley33
04-24-2002, 02:01 PM
jesus, I have never agreed with Suze so much in the history of my Netphorian membership

Stupid&Contagious
04-24-2002, 02:03 PM
That's the worst thing about being a girl?
Christ.
Imagine being barely capable of *not* looking every time you see a girl with nice assets.

"Oh no all the boys will do whatever I want just because I have nice breasts and they can't control themselves. Darn!"

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:07 PM
okay, see that is the typical male sexist take of the situation. you feel that a woman for some reason CHOOSES to have boobies. umm no. it's called biology or what have you. girls don't WANT guys looking at their boobs, it's NOT ugh. just ugh. it's called violation of personal space. jesus christ.

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:07 PM
well most girls at least. there are always *those* girls lol.

The Patient
04-24-2002, 02:09 PM
yea that sounds a lot worse than bleeding from my private area a few days ever fucking month.

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:12 PM
menstruation only sucks if you don't have bottles of ibuprofen handy

i mean rape sucks too but it's basically the same concept as the afore-mentioned thingy. just to a much more serious extent.

Mayfuck
Boo fucking hoo.

The Patient
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Samsa:

i mean rape sucks too but it's basically the same concept as the afore-mentioned thingy. just to a much more serious extent. </font>

not only girls get raped

Crippler
04-24-2002, 02:13 PM
<font color="aquamarine">In middle school, one of my teachers covered this: When a hot girl walks by a guy, the guy(s) ogle the hell out of her. When a hot guy walks by a girl, the girl(s) is smart enough to ogle him only to the point where the guy won't realize it.

It's true, it's true.

Smiley33
04-24-2002, 02:15 PM
sometimes i just hate the human race. but then i feel bad because to an extent, they can't help it. but they stretch that extent and use it as an excuse. so i'm going to shut the fuck up now because i'm not making sense. bye now.

Stupid&Contagious
okay, see that is the typical male sexist take of the situation. you feel that a woman for some reason CHOOSES to have boobies. umm no. it's called biology or what have you. girls don't WANT guys looking at their boobs, it's NOT ugh. just ugh. it's called violation of personal space. jesus christ.</font>

Violation of personal space is when I break into you house and rape you. Or even just look at you in private. When you're not expecting to be looked at.
When you go out in "public" you're just that. In public where everyone can see you.

But why the hell do you take it as an insult? I mean if I went up and said you had a gorgeous face would you slap me? Now you might not be interested, but you'd not be terribly offended. (Unless you are a *really* stuck up bitch). So why is it any different with the rest of your body?

Samsa
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Patient:
not only girls get raped</font>

troo.

and that said there are a lot of nasty girls and guys who do the same thing to other males. i guess. i mean i dunno i'm nto a male but i watched a law and order episode about it. oh wait it was law an dorder svu u know

male rape n/m

so julez. where is you? where iz you? are u in the chat?

obscured01
04-24-2002, 02:16 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Boo fucking hoo.</font>

You're hanging around Kris too much.

------------------
~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic (http://members.door.net/skylab) ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

Mayfuck
04-24-2002, 02:17 PM

so julez. where is you? where iz you? are u in the chat?</font>

Who cares. Go away.

The worst thing about being a girl is being intrinsically stuck up, if you ask me.

Aeroplane
04-24-2002, 02:17 PM
i'd have to say the menstruating would suck most. eeeeeeeeeew.

obscured01
04-24-2002, 02:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Aeroplane:
i'd have to say the menstruating would suck most. eeeeeeeeeew.</font>

And I'd have to say I agree with you.

------------------
~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic (http://members.door.net/skylab) ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Stupid&Contagious:
Violation of personal space is when I break into you house and rape you. Or even just look at you in private. When you're not expecting to be looked at.
When you go out in "public" you're just that. In public where everyone can see you.

But why the hell do you take it as an insult? I mean if I went up and said you had a gorgeous face would you slap me? Now you might not be interested, but you'd not be terribly offended. (Unless you are a *really* stuck up bitch). So why is it any different with the rest of your body?

</font>

well because it's MY body and not yours. i mean i know that there's nothing you can DO about people checking you out and i guess it's inevitable if you go out in public, but that doesn't make it RIGHT or anything you shouldn't be bothered by. bleh.

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Who cares. Go away.

The worst thing about being a girl is being intrinsically stuck up, if you ask me.</font>

i'll meet u in the chat

Mirror_Untrue
04-24-2002, 02:21 PM
i'd have to say the menstruating would suck most. eeeeeeeeeew.</font>

Stupid&Contagious
04-24-2002, 02:21 PM
well because it's MY body and not yours. i mean i know that there's nothing you can DO about people checking you out and i guess it's inevitable if you go out in public, but that doesn't make it RIGHT or anything you shouldn't be bothered by. bleh. </font>

Okay. But why is it an insult? Why is it different from a compliment about your face? Why are you bothered by it. So far your only argument has been "ugh" and "bleh"

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Okay. But why is it an insult? Why is it different from a compliment about your face? Why are you bothered by it. So far your only argument has been "ugh" and "bleh"</font>

it's not much different from a compliment about one's face. if it's different it's 'cause, in our culture, the body is covered up and the face isn't, therefore it's more inappropriate to look at the body. duh.

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:27 PM
julio come back i'm not being an airhead. this is a very feminist post. i'm a feminist. julio http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:29 PM
and i never said ti was an insult i said it was a violation

Aeroplane
04-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Maybe we should all take a moment and listen to Madonna's, "What it feels like for a girl."

Mayfuck
04-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Maybe we should all take a moment and listen to Madonna's, "What it feels like for a girl."

</font>

Good song, great video.

Suze, seriously, shut the fuck up.

Stupid&Contagious
04-24-2002, 02:31 PM
it's not much different from a compliment about one's face. if it's different it's 'cause, in our culture, the body is covered up and the face isn't, therefore it's more inappropriate to look at the body. duh. </font>

So in other words the only reason you have for not liking it is because you've been trained to dislike it by your culture?

Well I'll tell you this guys stare because we've been trained to by thousands of years of evolution. And hormones that we *can't* turn off it's a biology thing (I'm sure you understand, it's not like we choose to have testosterone).
So fucking get over it.

Ammy
04-24-2002, 02:33 PM
worst thing? maternal instinct. i'm always doing shit like a mommy or something. why, why can't i stop!?!??!

Aeroplane
04-24-2002, 02:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:
worst thing? maternal instinct. i'm always doing shit like a mommy or something. why, why can't i stop!?!??!

</font>

Mommy!

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:36 PM

So in other words the only reason you have for not liking it is because you've been trained to dislike it by your culture?

Well I'll tell you this guys stare because we've been trained to by thousands of years of evolution. And hormones that we *can't* turn off it's a biology thing (I'm sure you understand, it's not like we choose to have testosterone).
So fucking get over it.

</font>

oh, don't tell me guys can't HELP it when most guys DON'T do it. jeez. it's not like every fuckign time i walk past someone of the male persuasion someone looks at my boobs. so don't start wtih the "we can't help it" excuse.

and listen, maybe it IS cultural. i mean foreign people bathe naked but obviously don't mind. but here in america, you don't SHOW your boobs to other people, and other people don't LOOK at your boobs. it's personal conduct and it goes both ways.

Aeroplane
04-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Good song, great video.

</font>

yes, yes it is. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Samsa
04-24-2002, 02:39 PM
bathe meaning in public.

and ugh. julio you obviously want me to keep bothering you or you wouldn't be tellingme to shut up. what did i do? huh? i mentioned looking at people's butts? good god. you're so mean.

Stupid&Contagious
04-24-2002, 03:40 PM
oh, don't tell me guys can't HELP it when most guys DON'T do it. jeez. it's not like every fuckign time i walk past someone of the male persuasion someone looks at my boobs. so don't start wtih the "we can't help it" excuse.

and listen, maybe it IS cultural. i mean foreign people bathe naked but obviously don't mind. but here in america, you don't SHOW your boobs to other people, and other people don't LOOK at your boobs. it's personal conduct and it goes both ways. </font>

And we can help it most of the time. I mean I can't hardly look anyone in the eyes. But I don't look at their chest most of the time.

So you keep throwing around loaded words, and hoping I'll shut up? Good idea. (I keep having these damned class things to attend)

Personal conduct? So what: "We live in america, we've got a puritan heritage, so lets all think boobs are nasty horrible things that should be banned?" Well I don't accept that. I'm not a puritan, I don't have a problem with people showing or looking at breasts, and I don't think you've given a reason why I or anyone else should except that "everybody else here does"

Mayfuck
04-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Personal conduct? So what: "We live in america, we've got a puritan heritage, so lets all think boobs are nasty horrible things that should be banned?" Well I don't accept that. I'm not a puritan, I don't have a problem with people showing or looking at breasts, and I don't think you've given a reason why I or anyone else should except that "everybody else here does"</font>

That leads to objectifying women.

Stupid Name
04-24-2002, 04:15 PM
if a guy walks by with a bulge, do you look?

Massive Attack
04-24-2002, 04:15 PM
well I mean
you can't notice the bulge unless you LOOK

Ammy
04-24-2002, 04:16 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Stupid Name:
if a guy walks by with a bulge, do you look?</font>

wouldn't usually notice, most people look at people's faces, not crotches.

and i'm with suze here, sure it's instinct and whatnot to look at girls chests and asses, but you're a fucking idiot if you use that as an excuse.

Red Wine Cage
04-24-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm a feminist [and a guy] and I don't feel like it's degrading to women to look at their bodies at all. I tell people [women, men] all the time that the female body is a great thing, nothing to be ashamed of or hidden.

It's when you have knuckleheads reading/drooling over women in magazines, lusting over a woman's body to the point where that's all they care about is their body, spouting crude remarks [secretly or in public] about women that degrade them to merely bodies, with no mind and no knowledge attached that it gets to the point when it should be unnacceptable.

------------------
" Maybe (http://www.livejournal.com/users/pumpkinsfan) I'll get myself into a coma (http://www.picturetrail.com/pumpkinsfan). Spend my whole life dreaming (http://pumpkins.iwarp.com).

KrazeePumpkin
04-24-2002, 04:45 PM
The worst thing about being a girl is having to be associated with other girls (sometimes).
I go to this school in chicago (kenwood) and i always hear about "kenwood girls". I'm a minority in the school but whenever a guy asks me where I go to school he's like "oh, you're on of those KENWOOD girls...oh" I think girls get that more than guys do.

Ammy
04-24-2002, 04:48 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin:
I think girls get that more than guys do.</font>

i think you're wrong... i hear shit like that more about boys than girls http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

KrazeePumpkin
04-24-2002, 04:51 PM
maybe its just where i'm from.....girls just get lumped together. or maybe guys just lie about it more ("naw, i don't go to kenwood, i go to UIC..." yeah right)

Mark LeDrew
04-24-2002, 04:57 PM
This is like asking the sun not to shine. Chicks just don't get it.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/kid.jpg

This is just a modern rock song,
This is just a sorry lament,
We're four boys in our corduroys,
We're not terrific but we're competent.

Aeroplane
04-24-2002, 05:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Stupid Name:
if a guy walks by with a bulge, do you look?</font>

yes. and I'm always looking at crotches. go see my addiction post.

Lie
04-24-2002, 06:51 PM
I've never been bothered by someone looking at my breasts. Being hit on in a creepy way is something completely different, but obvious head-turning is harmless. But maybe that's just me.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Smiley33
04-24-2002, 06:52 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Lie:
Being hit on in a creepy way is something completely different, but obvious head-turning is harmless. But maybe that's just me.

</font>

nah, not just you

Lie
04-24-2002, 06:52 PM
To answer your question, though, the worst thing about being a woman is the multitude of gender-specific physical ailments it opens you up to (so to speak).

------------------

frail_and_bedazzled
04-24-2002, 07:04 PM
hmm, i'm kind of on the fence with this issue. i don't think b/c it's commonplace necessarily makes it 'natural' or 'right'. i do think that it can be a violation. it's guys who don't get it. it's not seen as a compliment, usually. it makes you feel gross, objectified and uncomfortable. however, i can kind of understand the ;guys will be guys' scenario (though i don't view it as an excuse), and sometimes girls can be too sensitive. i think it can go either way.

strange_one
04-24-2002, 09:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
This is like asking the sun not to shine. Chicks just don't get it.

</font><font color=FF00FF> you said it bruther

twice
04-24-2002, 10:02 PM
Mommy!</font>

ha!

Samsa
04-25-2002, 12:28 AM
And we can help it most of the time. I mean I can't hardly look anyone in the eyes. But I don't look at their chest most of the time.

So you keep throwing around loaded words, and hoping I'll shut up? Good idea. (I keep having these damned class things to attend)

Personal conduct? So what: "We live in america, we've got a puritan heritage, so lets all think boobs are nasty horrible things that should be banned?" Well I don't accept that. I'm not a puritan, I don't have a problem with people showing or looking at breasts, and I don't think you've given a reason why I or anyone else should except that "everybody else here does"</font>

oh, you don't there's any good reason against looking at someone in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable? here's another "loaded word" for you: this is the 21st century and it's called sexual harassment. it's called the "don't-be-a-fucking-pervert" rule. you don't talk to a girl about her boobs or her ass, you don't TOUCH her boobs and her ass, and you don't LOOK at her boobs and her ass -- now i know this last one can't be helped but i really don't think it's too much to ask to not stare someone down like they're a piece of meat when they're fucking facing you and can see what you're doing.

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 01:16 AM
>oh, you don't there's any good reason >against looking at someone in a way that >makes them feel uncomfortable?

You're the one who's deciding it makes you uncomfortable. It's not my fault that you don't like it.

>here's another "loaded word" for you: this >is the 21st century and it's called sexual >harassment. it's called the >"don't-be-a-fucking-pervert" rule.
I can't imagine a court deciding that looking a woman's chest when she's in public is sexual harrassment.

>you don't talk to a girl about her boobs or >her ass, you don't TOUCH her boobs and her >ass, and you don't LOOK at her boobs and >her ass -- now i know this last one can't

Well I'm not talking about groping. But we are talking about your tits here...so really you mean you don't talk about them after she's asked you not to.

>be helped but i really don't think it's too >much to ask to not stare someone down like
Well okay so you admit you're request is undoable. Then lay down a different request.

>they're a piece of meat when they're >fucking facing you and can see what you're >doing.

Stare someone down like they're meat. Well...I mean humans are meat. You mean to say like they're just a piece of meat? Well it's honest. If the guy's interested in your body, why pretend he's not? You seem to be asserting there is something *wrong* with a guy wanting to have sex/fondle/touch you. That it's *bad* or *evil* or something. Not that them just going up to you and doing it *isn't* all those things (that's not what I mean) it's just that him *wanting* to do it, him liking your body isn't a bad or evil or wrong thing.

Now I suppose this arguement sounds non-christian. It is. If you are a bibble thumping "sex is bad" person then fine. Ignore me.

killtheyouth
04-25-2002, 01:29 AM
I will never, ever stop staring at girls tits and asses.

and neither will billions of other men.

so deal with it.

Samsa
04-25-2002, 01:47 AM

>oh, you don't there's any good reason >against looking at someone in a way that >makes them feel uncomfortable?

You're the one who's deciding it makes you uncomfortable. It's not my fault that you don't like it.

>here's another "loaded word" for you: this >is the 21st century and it's called sexual >harassment. it's called the >"don't-be-a-fucking-pervert" rule.
I can't imagine a court deciding that looking a woman's chest when she's in public is sexual harrassment.

>you don't talk to a girl about her boobs or >her ass, you don't TOUCH her boobs and her >ass, and you don't LOOK at her boobs and >her ass -- now i know this last one can't

Well I'm not talking about groping. But we are talking about your tits here...so really you mean you don't talk about them after she's asked you not to.

>be helped but i really don't think it's too >much to ask to not stare someone down like
Well okay so you admit you're request is undoable. Then lay down a different request.

>they're a piece of meat when they're >fucking facing you and can see what you're >doing.

Stare someone down like they're meat. Well...I mean humans are meat. You mean to say like they're just a piece of meat? Well it's honest. If the guy's interested in your body, why pretend he's not? You seem to be asserting there is something *wrong* with a guy wanting to have sex/fondle/touch you. That it's *bad* or *evil* or something. Not that them just going up to you and doing it *isn't* all those things (that's not what I mean) it's just that him *wanting* to do it, him liking your body isn't a bad or evil or wrong thing.

Now I suppose this arguement sounds non-christian. It is. If you are a bibble thumping "sex is bad" person then fine. Ignore me.

</font>

jesus fucking christ. you are so demented. i can't believe you're even arguing with me about this. you are the epitomy of the retarded reactionary. good god. and for your information, this has nothing whatsoever with bible-thumpingism or puritanism so shut the fuck up with those references. this has to do with, i am going to repeat it for the last time, PERSONAL SPACE, and respecting a person's PERSONAL SPACE. this is the complete fucking opposite of "sex is bad". this is women are PEOPLE. okay? you can believe whatever the fuck you want "oh it's okay to stare at people like they're meat, people ARE meat" (okay why don't we rationalize a little more why don't we?) i just hope i never have to fucking even come within ten yards of you. you fucking sick creep.

Samsa
04-25-2002, 01:51 AM
listen, today there is this group of like 3 or 4 people at the doorway and i'm standing there patiently waiting for them to move away from the doorway so i can walk through it. one of the people turns around, he's like maybe a foot away from me, and just looks down at my chest, as if i'm not even a fucking person.

listen, there's a difference between being legally ALLOWED to do something and being morally or personally REPULSIVE for doing something. i'm not gonna go sue him for anything but it sure as hell didn't make me FEEL too happy.

is this that hard a concept to understand? i really don't think so.

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 02:32 AM
jesus fucking christ. you are so demented. i can't believe you're even arguing with me about this. you are the epitomy of the retarded reactionary. good god. and for your information, this has nothing whatsoever with bible-thumpingism or puritanism so shut the fuck up with those references. this has to do with, i am going to repeat it for the last time, PERSONAL SPACE, and respecting a person's PERSONAL SPACE. this is the complete fucking opposite of "sex is bad". this is women are PEOPLE. okay? you can believe whatever the fuck you want "oh it's okay to stare at people like they're meat, people ARE meat" (okay why don't we rationalize a little more why don't we?) i just hope i never have to fucking even come within ten yards of you. you fucking sick creep.</font>

Guess what I'm not a feminist. I am a confused and angry guy that doesn't like how society is telling him to do 2 things at once while his hormones are telling him a third.
"Don't look at me, pretend you're not interesting in sex with me. Well if are interested only look at my face, pretend you like me only for my mind and myabe if you're smooth enough I'll give you a piece of my ass"
Society tells us we can't want a girl for her body. But that sex sells and be as attractive as possible. And our hormones tell us to "fuck the one with the tits and ass"

You wouldn't come within 30 feet of me? Because I'm a disgusting creep? Fine I already knew that. That's really what society has told me over and over till I believe it and what to chop my fucking balls off because they're what make me a gross fucking creep.
Well fuck that. I *am* a guy. I *love* tits and ass and I want to fuck you. I love running my hands all over a person's body. The only time I've not been mildly depressed since puburty is when I had someone I could touch.

Okay women are people. They're meat too. They have minds and tits. (Well most do...)
And saying that because they have minds, we should ignore the other parts...is idiotic. Lots of studies show that more attractive PEOPLE (this goes for men too) do better in life. People just treat them nicer. Maybe it's not fair that when working with someone or any place where the work is based on intellect or skill that you're still judged on looks. (That's what feminism is trying to fix). But when you're not working with someone when there interested in you for sex/dating/relationships then looking at your tits and ass judging you by your body is absolutely necessary. It's the basic instinct of "have babies with the one who'll survive" if you have sexs with the person who's about to die, your genes won't survive.

You keep chanting personal space.What the hell is it? A womans right to dictate what a guy's interested in, or does with his own eyes?

Oh. and I'm not a disgusting creep. Damnit. I'm honest. I understand what I want, and I admit to it. The disgusting people are the one's that lie to your face. Tell you they love you for your mind and don't care about sex. Liars. Manipulators. They're disgusting. They get what they want. I post about it on Netphoria, and wish I were stronger. I wish that society hadn't beat into me that I can't look at breasts or be attracted to women. (In reality the most attractive women will *always* be the ones with both a nice body and a wonderful personality)
Damnit this thread is just depressing me more. I've never hit on a girl because I'm too afraid they'll be offended and it's people like you in society that make me think that. I'm a nice person and I finish last. I let anyone who wants to walk all over me (especially girls).
So fuck you.

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 02:36 AM
listen, today there is this group of like 3 or 4 people at the doorway and i'm standing there patiently waiting for them to move away from the doorway so i can walk through it. one of the people turns around, he's like maybe a foot away from me, and just looks down at my chest, as if i'm not even a fucking person.

listen, there's a difference between being legally ALLOWED to do something and being morally or personally REPULSIVE for doing something. i'm not gonna go sue him for anything but it sure as hell didn't make me FEEL too happy.

is this that hard a concept to understand? i really don't think so.</font>

How do your tits make you "not even a fucking person?"
Are your tits not part of you?

Stupid Name
04-25-2002, 04:20 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Red Wine Cage:
I'm a feminist [and a guy] and I don't feel like it's degrading to women to look at their bodies at all. I tell people [women, men] all the time that the female body is a great thing, nothing to be ashamed of or hidden.

It's when you have knuckleheads reading/drooling over women in magazines, lusting over a woman's body to the point where that's all they care about is their body, spouting crude remarks [secretly or in public] about women that degrade them to merely bodies, with no mind and no knowledge attached that it gets to the point when it should be unnacceptable.

</font>

exactly. there's nothing wrong with admiring a woman's body (or a man's for that matter. what is wrong is completely objectifying them and completely disregarding the fact that they are a person.

Samsa
04-25-2002, 09:15 AM
listen, what i keep saying, over and OVER again, is you don't fucking STARE at someone like they're a piece of meat and can't tell you're looking at them.

that little episode i curtailed is DEMEANING simply because of the way he acted it out. i don't have anything against anyone sneaking a peak at someone, but when you just INSPECT someone, WHILE THEY'RE LOOKING AT YOU and can fully see what you're doing, and you act as if they are JUST a body and you could care less about whether they WANT you staring at their boobs or not, it's just demeaning. you obviously don't understand so i'll leave it like that.

Smiley33
04-25-2002, 09:16 AM
listen, what i keep saying, over and OVER again, is you don't fucking STARE at someone like they're a piece of meat and can't tell you're looking at them.
</font>

YEAH LIKE MISTER ITALIANO MOLESTO IN THE ELEVATOR

W3RD.

beever
04-25-2002, 09:38 AM
This is a funny thread. Femenists are so stuck up http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Travis Meeks
04-25-2002, 09:42 AM
these posts are too long
whatever happened to a good old one liner?

Smiley33
04-25-2002, 09:42 AM
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif remember that American society is a bit different from Denmark. When I was in Switzerland there was a hell of a lot more open "leering" (leering, being quite different from simply looking) and cat-calling than there is in even Las Vegas construction sites.

beever
04-25-2002, 09:44 AM
I know. I was told that is not cool to kiss in public in America. Thats just stupid.

Smiley33
04-25-2002, 09:46 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beever:
I was told that is not cool to kiss in public in America.</font>

I really hope you're being sarcastic

beever
04-25-2002, 09:55 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley33:
I really hope you're being sarcastic</font>

Well I am not. I dont mean just a kiss, but more intimit and such. Well, I was with this american girl in and she didnt like it when I kissed her on the dance floor or something. Maybe she was just tired of me, thats a possibillity.

Smiley33
04-25-2002, 10:05 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by beever:
Well I am not. I dont mean just a kiss, but more intimit and such. Well, I was with this american girl in and she didnt like it when I kissed her on the dance floor or something. Maybe she was just tired of me, thats a possibillity.</font>

haha...well, unless you live in the heart of the Bible Belt or whatever here, a little PDA isn't looked down upon. Some people are just more reserved than others. America as a country is reserved compared to the rest of the world in many ways. Ontario, Canada lets women walk around topless! Uh, not that anyone ever does.

[This message has been edited by Smiley33 (edited 04-25-2002).]

beever
04-25-2002, 10:20 AM
Topless is pretty common on the beach, in Denmark. But its rare to see a 19 yr old run around topless. But I think in some ways we are more 'free' in Denmark.

Crippler
04-25-2002, 10:25 AM
<font color="aquamarine">This thread reeks of archivability.

It's true, it's true.

Lie
04-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Guess what I'm not a feminist. I am a confused and angry guy that doesn't like how society is telling him to do 2 things at once while his hormones are telling him a third.
"Don't look at me, pretend you're not interesting in sex with me. Well if are interested only look at my face, pretend you like me only for my mind and myabe if you're smooth enough I'll give you a piece of my ass"
Society tells us we can't want a girl for her body. But that sex sells and be as attractive as possible. And our hormones tell us to "fuck the one with the tits and ass"

You wouldn't come within 30 feet of me? Because I'm a disgusting creep? Fine I already knew that. That's really what society has told me over and over till I believe it and what to chop my fucking balls off because they're what make me a gross fucking creep.
Well fuck that. I *am* a guy. I *love* tits and ass and I want to fuck you. I love running my hands all over a person's body. The only time I've not been mildly depressed since puburty is when I had someone I could touch.

Okay women are people. They're meat too. They have minds and tits. (Well most do...)
And saying that because they have minds, we should ignore the other parts...is idiotic. Lots of studies show that more attractive PEOPLE (this goes for men too) do better in life. People just treat them nicer. Maybe it's not fair that when working with someone or any place where the work is based on intellect or skill that you're still judged on looks. (That's what feminism is trying to fix). But when you're not working with someone when there interested in you for sex/dating/relationships then looking at your tits and ass judging you by your body is absolutely necessary. It's the basic instinct of "have babies with the one who'll survive" if you have sexs with the person who's about to die, your genes won't survive.

You keep chanting personal space.What the hell is it? A womans right to dictate what a guy's interested in, or does with his own eyes?

Oh. and I'm not a disgusting creep. Damnit. I'm honest. I understand what I want, and I admit to it. The disgusting people are the one's that lie to your face. Tell you they love you for your mind and don't care about sex. Liars. Manipulators. They're disgusting. They get what they want. I post about it on Netphoria, and wish I were stronger. I wish that society hadn't beat into me that I can't look at breasts or be attracted to women. (In reality the most attractive women will *always* be the ones with both a nice body and a wonderful personality)
Damnit this thread is just depressing me more. I've never hit on a girl because I'm too afraid they'll be offended and it's people like you in society that make me think that. I'm a nice person and I finish last. I let anyone who wants to walk all over me (especially girls).
So fuck you. </font>

It's not fair, and you're probably not a sick creep, but it's not going to get easier for you until you stop taking what people say so seriously and personally. And I would say the same thing to feminists who take this issue so closely to heart.

What I'm saying is, the reason why you got so upset just then is the same reason why women get upset when people stare at their breasts. In the end, though, the other person doesn't matter. I mean, everyone will have experiences where people will do things and say things that you don't think are fair and right but you can't do anything to stop it. The best you can do is not to let it affect you as much as they might want it to.

------------------

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 04:53 PM
It's not fair, and you're probably not a sick creep, but it's not going to get easier for you until you stop taking what people say so seriously and personally. And I would say the same thing to feminists who take this issue so closely to heart.

What I'm saying is, the reason why you got so upset just then is the same reason why women get upset when people stare at their breasts. In the end, though, the other person doesn't matter. I mean, everyone will have experiences where people will do things and say things that you don't think are fair and right but you can't do anything to stop it. The best you can do is not to let it affect you as much as they might want it to.
</font>

Eh. I let her get to me. I was stressed about other things too, and she struck a cord.

But thanks. And I agree with everything you're saying. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Samsa
04-25-2002, 05:20 PM
hm. excuse me. you let ME get to YOU? it's my fucking post asshole. i still don't see how anyone could argue with what i'm saying. so, fuck YOU.

sweet17
04-25-2002, 05:22 PM
okay, see that is the typical male sexist take of the situation. you feel that a woman for some reason CHOOSES to have boobies. umm no. it's called biology or what have you. girls don't WANT guys looking at their boobs,</font>I don't know if my point's been made in this thread already because I have other things to do tonight than lurk around in Netphoria, but if this is true, why the FUCK do women with small chests complain? get implants? stuff their bras? get padded bras? falsies? Because, whether you admit it or not, you love the attention.

Lie
04-25-2002, 05:22 PM
hm. excuse me. you let ME get to YOU? it's my fucking post asshole. i still don't see how anyone could argue with what i'm saying. so, fuck YOU.</font>

Would it help if a girl stared at your breasts for a while?

------------------

Samsa
04-25-2002, 05:23 PM
i can't believe you are actually accusing women of victimizing men by getting offended/hurt/upset when men leer at them.

Lie
04-25-2002, 05:25 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sweet17:
Originally posted by Samsa:
okay, see that is the typical male sexist take of the situation. you feel that a woman for some reason CHOOSES to have boobies. umm no. it's called biology or what have you. girls don't WANT guys looking at their boobs,</font>I don't know if my point's been made in this thread already because I have other things to do tonight than lurk around in Netphoria, but if this is true, why the FUCK do women with small chests complain? get implants? stuff their bras? get padded bras? falsies? Because, whether you admit it or not, you love the attention.

Because some girls like it, and some don't. Some feel offended by it but still like it. Some love it but are afraid to admit it. Some hate it but think they're supposed to like it. Others like it but think they're supposed to hate it.

------------------

Samsa
04-25-2002, 05:25 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sweet17:
Originally posted by Samsa:

because our "puritan bible-thumping society" has dictated to women that they aren't worth anything unless they're sexy. however, you don't see ME with implants. so don't you dare call ME a hypocrite

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 05:34 PM
hm. excuse me. you let ME get to YOU? it's my fucking post asshole. i still don't see how anyone could argue with what i'm saying. so, fuck YOU.</font>

You know. You sound just a wee bit stuck up here.
Maybe you should rant some more about how women are equal and should be treated as such and you're better than everone else and shouldn't be argued with.
Oh, and you're *not* the H-word.
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Mayfuck
04-25-2002, 05:48 PM
You know. You sound just a wee bit stuck up here.
Maybe you should rant some more about how women are equal and should be treated as such and you're better than everone else and shouldn't be argued with.
Oh, and you're *not* the H-word.
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif</font>

My god you are dense as fuck. This thread was originally about etiquette. Simple fucking etiquette. What don't you understand about etiquette? So stop letting that fly over your head and feeling like your manhood is being threatened. Can I punch you in the face? If that bothers you it's your fault for letting it bother you!

Lie
04-25-2002, 05:50 PM
My god you are dense as fuck. This thread was originally about etiquette. Simple fucking etiquette. What don't you understand about etiquette? So stop letting that fly over your head and feeling like your manhood is being threatened. Can I punch you in the face? If that bothers you it's your fault for letting it bother you!</font>

I thought it was about the worst thing about being a girl. I said what I thought the worst thing was, but no one seemed to care. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

Elvis The Naked Years
04-25-2002, 05:52 PM
i hate it when girls pinch my naked butt..

it's demeaning and it hurts.

Lie
04-25-2002, 05:54 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Elvis The Naked Years:
i hate it when girls pinch my naked butt..

it's demeaning and it hurts.</font>

I'm sorry. I should really be more gentle.

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 06:05 PM
My god you are dense as fuck. This thread was originally about etiquette. Simple fucking etiquette. What don't you understand about etiquette? So stop letting that fly over your head and feeling like your manhood is being threatened. Can I punch you in the face? If that bothers you it's your fault for letting it bother you!</font>

Getting punched in the face is unwanted physical contact. It's illegal, uncommon, and definitely not something you'd expect to happen to you (in most places). Getting looked at *even* in the chest is not illegal, uncommon, or even unexpected.

Sure it might be rude to look someone in the chest when they're talking to you. You're obviously more interested in thier body than what they have to say. But it's honest, and when you're not being ignored for your breasts, it's not even that. It's just something Samsa finds uncomfortable.
And I'm trying to argue that there's not much of a reason for her to call it *the worst thing* or even a bad thing most of the time.

frail_and_bedazzled
04-25-2002, 06:08 PM
not all women want large chests. i, for one, wouldn't mind a double masectomy. i just don't like breasts much, period.
also, it's our culture. we're very breast-oriented, as opposed to asses, thighs, hips etc, like other cultures (though the lines are starting to blur a bit) so women routinely base their value on their sexuality. b/c we live in a sexist environment, whether ANY of you want to fully admit it or not. i don't hate all men. i don't love all women. in fact, i dislike both rather proportionately...but the fact of sexism and male dominance in society is hardly something to be disputed.
a lot of guys here tend to think that what they're doing is perfectly natural and 'masculine' (though that term is never fully defined), well, perhaps it is..and perhaps it's also 'natural' for women not to like it. so, we're at an ostensible impass. either both sides have to learn tolerance or it's gonna stay that way. ugh. progress is slow and requires immense patience, not to mention maintenence. i think i'm gonna leave that last line as the thought of the day.

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 06:09 PM
I thought it was about the worst thing about being a girl. I said what I thought the worst thing was, but no one seemed to care. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif</font>

I read it, but it didn't strike me as something I might disagree with, or need to expand on.
In fact just the doctor you have to see to help prevent/detect a lot of those gender-based problems seems really really scary to me.
I took a GF to a Gyno once. She had an infection and it could of killed her if she hadn't gone.
I'm sooo glad I don't *ever* have to see one.
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 06:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by frail_and_bedazzled:
(though the lines are starting to blur a bit) so women routinely base their value on their sexuality. b/c we live in a sexist environment, whether ANY of you want to fully admit it or not. </font>

*cough* *sputter*
Everyone bases their value on their sexuality. Either directly with their body and intellect or indirectly with their wealth,connections, or whatever.
And it's not because everyone's sexist. Men are too. It's just men get judged more on things that are less obvious than our appearance. (Of course we're still judged on that).

Mayfuck
04-25-2002, 06:19 PM
No, I really do want to punch you in the face!

frail_and_bedazzled
04-25-2002, 06:22 PM
*cough* *sputter*
Everyone bases their value on their sexuality. Either directly with their body and intellect or indirectly with their wealth,connections, or whatever.
And it's not because everyone's sexist. Men are too. It's just men get judged more on things that are less obvious than our appearance. (Of course we're still judged on that). </font>

you're being too vague. i think it's pretty well understood that for the bulk of time, women have been the subjegated sex, no contest. don't bring petty masculine issues into this, b/c it's really not that relevant. and no, not everyone bases their value on their sexuality. at least not in such a direct sense. i really don't think that i do, in a major way. i value things like intelligence and personality far above basic attractiveness, i mean, on a friendship level, not my ability to 'score'.

Lie
04-25-2002, 06:22 PM
not all women want large chests. i, for one, wouldn't mind a double masectomy. i just don't like breasts much, period.
also, it's our culture. we're very breast-oriented, as opposed to asses, thighs, hips etc, like other cultures (though the lines are starting to blur a bit) so women routinely base their value on their sexuality. b/c we live in a sexist environment, whether ANY of you want to fully admit it or not. i don't hate all men. i don't love all women. in fact, i dislike both rather proportionately...but the fact of sexism and male dominance in society is hardly something to be disputed.
a lot of guys here tend to think that what they're doing is perfectly natural and 'masculine' (though that term is never fully defined), well, perhaps it is..and perhaps it's also 'natural' for women not to like it. so, we're at an ostensible impass. either both sides have to learn tolerance or it's gonna stay that way. ugh. progress is slow and requires immense patience, not to mention maintenence. i think i'm gonna leave that last line as the thought of the day.</font>

That's true, but I think my point was that as a woman, you don't have to let it become a bothersome thing. I don't know what it is about this street I'm living on now, but I can't walk to the store without a carful of guys driving by and whistling at me. And it really doesn't bother me. I don't immediately think, "Oh my god, they don't see me as a person," I just think, "Well, that was amusing," and keep walking. It's the same thing when guys stare at my breasts, which half of the time I probably hardly notice because it doesn't seem like such an important thing to pay attention to. The more that you think of the possibility of yourself as nothing more than a sexual object and let that even enter into the equation, the easier it is to be hurt and offended. If someone I don't know and who doesn't know me thinks I have nice breasts and doesn't see anything else, that's fine, I'm never going to see them again and I really don't care.

I guess what I'm saying is that while feminism does serve a definite purpose and while some people have had experiences that give them good reason to be upset about being stared at or hit on, that feminism can also be destructive to the way women view themselves. It can lead us to expect to be held down by society and to be viewed as objects whereas we might not see that as much if we just look at our lives as they are. We read a lot of things and hear a lot of things and sometimes experience things that make us upset, but getting men to fall all over themselves treating us with the utmost respect isn't the answer either, because it goes back to the idea that we are special and fragile and need to be treated differently. It perpetuates what already exists because we expect it to be that way. It doesn't have to be, and the real trick to getting society to fully accept women as equals is to act like we already are. Things like rape and sexual harrassment are an injustice, but those kinds of things aren't men vs. women, they're basic human rights. Society isn't a huge endless masculine trap that women are doomed to fall into, and the longer women keep viewing it that way the longer it's going to seem that way.

------------------

frail_and_bedazzled
04-25-2002, 06:26 PM
That's true, but I think my point was that as a woman, you don't have to let it become a bothersome thing. I don't know what it is about this street I'm living on now, but I can't walk to the store without a carful of guys driving by and whistling at me. And it really doesn't bother me. I don't immediately think, "Oh my god, they don't see me as a person," I just think, "Well, that was amusing," and keep walking. It's the same thing when guys stare at my breasts, which half of the time I probably hardly notice because it doesn't seem like such an important thing to pay attention to. The more that you think of the possibility of yourself as nothing more than a sexual object and let that even enter into the equation, the easier it is to be hurt and offended. If someone I don't know and who doesn't know me thinks I have nice breasts and doesn't see anything else, that's fine, I'm never going to see them again and I really don't care.

I guess what I'm saying is that while feminism does serve a definite purpose and while some people have had experiences that give them good reason to be upset about being stared at or hit on, that feminism can also be destructive to the way women view themselves. It can lead us to expect to be held down by society and to be viewed as objects whereas we might not see that as much if we just look at our lives as they are. We read a lot of things and hear a lot of things and sometimes experience things that make us upset, but getting men to fall all over themselves treating us with the utmost respect isn't the answer either, because it goes back to the idea that we are special and fragile and need to be treated differently. It perpetuates what already exists because we expect it to be that way. It doesn't have to be, and the real trick to getting society to fully accept women as equals is to act like we already are. Things like rape and sexual harrassment are an injustice, but those kinds of things aren't men vs. women, they're basic human rights. Society isn't a huge endless masculine trap that women are doomed to fall into, and the longer women keep viewing it that way the longer it's going to seem that way.

</font>i think you make a lot of good points, and i for one, am usually not too terribly bothered if i guy looks at my boobs or something. usually i just toss shit like that off. that doesn't, however, make the action RIGHT or RESPONSIBLE. just like some people can slag off being made fun of or abused doesn't mean the abuse is proper. of course i'm exaggerating for the purpose of argument, but the essential point remains the same.

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 06:32 PM
you're being too vague. i think it's pretty well understood that for the bulk of time, women have been the subjegated sex, no contest. don't bring petty masculine issues into this, b/c it's really not that relevant. and no, not everyone bases their value on their sexuality. at least not in such a direct sense. i really don't think that i do, in a major way. i value things like intelligence and personality far above basic attractiveness, i mean, on a friendship level, not my ability to 'score'. </font>
Okay, most societies in the history of the earth have been patriarchies (including this one) I never disagreed with that.
And you said that women base their value on their sexuality, I said everyone does, and now you're argueing that we don't (or at least you don't).
Well. Okay.
I'll just say that men and women are judged on their sexuality almost exactly the same.
Although men's sexuality has more to do with wealth, and women more to do with physical aspects.
And once you're resonably attractive in my mind, it becomes almost completely a question of personality. Although I'd have to say that being gorgeous only helps http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif.
And for friendship attractiveness doesn't enter into it really...I mean the guys I hang out with aren't attractive...unless I'm afriad/hoping the girl might be interested in me (yeah right)...it really doesn't matter.

Random Female
04-25-2002, 06:33 PM
alright. to all you folks claiming you're not a feminist: unless you believe that women are subservient to men and should be treated thus, you are a feminist. Sorry to break it to you.

and I poop on this thread.

[This message has been edited by Random Female (edited 04-25-2002).]

PhantomFM
04-25-2002, 06:34 PM
like if some drunk frat boy yells at me across the street @2am something about looking like a girl or a freak or "the 90s are over" or something else about having long hair, i can get pissed about it or i can say ha, what a loser, he thinks i care what he thinks!

obviously i dont think its exactly the same, but it is all in how you take it. if you were abused i can understand how this would be very hard to deal with, but otherwise it gives you the power over the googlers and whislers.

------------------
PhantomFM (http://www.unc.edu/~lawsonb)

StereoGirl
04-25-2002, 06:39 PM
But if it's a guy you're into that's staring at your chest, it's different issue, right?

Stupid&Contagious
04-25-2002, 06:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">i think you make a lot of good points, and i for one, am usually not too terribly bothered if i guy looks at my boobs or something. usually i just toss shit like that off. that doesn't, however, make the action RIGHT or RESPONSIBLE. just like some people can slag off being made fun of or abused doesn't mean the abuse is proper. of course i'm exaggerating for the purpose of argument, but the essential point remains the same.
</font>
but it isn't abuse. and it isn't being made fun of. It's some guy appreciating your body and you getting annoyed or insulted or bothered by it until you decide to shrug it off.

Lie
04-25-2002, 06:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by StereoGirl:
But if it's a guy you're into that's staring at your chest, it's different issue, right?</font>

Or like I said before, what if it's a girl?

kypper
04-25-2002, 06:43 PM
I feel for eggplant tonight...

------------------
http://www.emotioneric.com/catchgf.jpg

StereoGirl
04-25-2002, 06:44 PM
Or like I said before, what if it's a girl?</font>

If you're a straight girl and another straight girl is checking out your ass, you'd take it as a compliment since girls are competitive that way.

But I'm talking about girls who are bothered by guys ogling at their chests. They would probably make an exception for guys that they're into and it just seems lame to me.

wangcomputers
04-25-2002, 06:46 PM
anyone remember that song 'being a girl' by mansun.

it wasn't that great.

------------------
http://negabenji.homestead.com/files/wang.gif
merely momentary distractions (http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php?ID=57093)

frail_and_bedazzled
04-25-2002, 06:51 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by StereoGirl:
If you're a straight girl and another straight girl is checking out your ass, you'd take it as a compliment since girls are competitive that way.

But I'm talking about girls who are bothered by guys ogling at their chests. They would probably make an exception for guys that they're into and it just seems lame to me.</font>i guess that yes, for most women, it would make a difference. however, i wouldn't like a guy no matter what if he was just staring at my chest..i'd be grossed out and greatly turned-off..and it isn't 'appreciation', it's objectification. whether someone finds that objectification to be flattering or not is up to the individual.

kypper
04-25-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by StereoGirl:

But I'm talking about girls who are bothered by guys ogling at their chests. They would probably make an exception for guys that they're into and it just seems lame to me.</font>i guess that yes, for most women, it would make a difference. however, i wouldn't like a guy no matter what if he was just staring at my chest..i'd be grossed out and greatly turned-off..and it isn't 'appreciation', it's objectification. whether someone finds that objectification to be flattering or not is up to the individual.

I disagree to some extent, though I guess I don't know since not only am I a guy, but I'm never visibly checked out, but... regardless of that, it's all in how you take it, and how it's meant. And sometimes people look at other people's chests to go 'dear god how the hell does she have a straight back' and everyone takes it the wrong way... It's not always sexual. When it is, it is often intended complimentary... or at least that's what I've noticed. Perhaps Ottawa is uniquely nice.

------------------
http://www.emotioneric.com/catchgf.jpg

Mark LeDrew
04-25-2002, 07:10 PM

I know it's like your job to defend Suze but this is one of your weaker arguments.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/kid.jpg

This is just a modern rock song,
This is just a sorry lament,
We're four boys in our corduroys,
We're not terrific but we're competent.

Samsa
04-25-2002, 07:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
I know it's like your job to defend Suze but this is one of your weaker arguments.

</font>

umm, no it wasn't

that's teh whole fucking point. hellooo idiots. for one thing,

my thread title "the worst thing about being a girl"...do you not see the QUESTION MARK next to it? it was a simple question. is THIS it? simple question. i did not expect. adn THIS is when i got really angry. i don't get really ANGRY when i get leered at, i just get a little irritated. i wasn't ANGRY when i started this topic. i became ANGRY when certain IDIOTS started arguing with me over whether or not it is RIGHT to leer at a girl. as julio said: it's simple ETIQUETTE and it's not a fucking hard concept to understand, and you, whatever your name is, oh thank you so much for not deeming me "the h word". i think that sort of proves my point in general. i know that you can argue about this, that girls are just as shallow as boys, but i really don't think they are. anyways whatever. stop fucking telling me to not get bent out of shape about it because i NEVER do. i get bent out of shape when fucking idiots say fucking stupid things.

Samsa
04-25-2002, 07:37 PM
good god why does this thread have so many replies. i fuckign hate netphoria. do you people realize this? i fucking hate you people. all you have to do is mention the word "boobs" or some retarded OBVIOUS social issue and you have a 3-page long thread. hwo is this post any different from my other posts? fucking outsiders. jesus christ. stop replying to my thread. go away.

Lie
04-25-2002, 08:02 PM
umm, no it wasn't

that's teh whole fucking point. hellooo idiots. for one thing,

my thread title "the worst thing about being a girl"...do you not see the QUESTION MARK next to it? it was a simple question. is THIS it? simple question. i did not expect. adn THIS is when i got really angry. i don't get really ANGRY when i get leered at, i just get a little irritated. i wasn't ANGRY when i started this topic. i became ANGRY when certain IDIOTS started arguing with me over whether or not it is RIGHT to leer at a girl. as julio said: it's simple ETIQUETTE and it's not a fucking hard concept to understand, and you, whatever your name is, oh thank you so much for not deeming me "the h word". i think that sort of proves my point in general. i know that you can argue about this, that girls are just as shallow as boys, but i really don't think they are. anyways whatever. stop fucking telling me to not get bent out of shape about it because i NEVER do. i get bent out of shape when fucking idiots say fucking stupid things.</font>

I answered the question.

------------------

Mark LeDrew
04-25-2002, 08:03 PM
Ok well you're a total lesbian.

Lie
04-25-2002, 08:08 PM
I don't see any question mark there either, Suze.

------------------

Samsa
04-25-2002, 08:14 PM
i debated over whether to use the question mark icon or a simple question mark. i settled on the icon. i forget why.

okay. guys you're into leering at your chest: wouldn't happen. i can't think of any girl that would be into a guy that leered at her chest like a fucking sicko

girls leering at your chest: i guess it's a combination of the fact that girls aren't as physically threatening, and also the assumption you make that if a girl is looking at your tits she's probably just comparing or something.

lie: how can it not bother you when on a daily basis people hoot at you? see, that would piss me off so much. for one it would embarass the fuck out of me, for TWO , i don't know. i just get so mad when confronted with people like that. there are so many people out there that don't take into account that other people actually exist. like that other people have feelings too. ugh.

and i have an ear-ache i'm sick http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

i think my physics teacher hates me. i am trying to decide whether or not to study for a test tomorrow that's why i'm thinking abou tit. i dunno. i guess if i were him i'd hate me too. i'm always doing other work in that class. feh.

PkPhuoko
04-25-2002, 08:16 PM
jewish girls dont have boobs

Samsa
04-25-2002, 08:26 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by PkPhuoko:
jewish girls dont have boobs</font>

dude you are sorely mistaken. all ethnic girls have boobs. well. hmm. yeah. i think i'm right. you may be right though. i mean do russians generally have boobs?? i think they do but i don't know enough russians to be sure. i'll have to do more research. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/cool.gif

frail_and_bedazzled
04-25-2002, 08:37 PM
i debated over whether to use the question mark icon or a simple question mark. i settled on the icon. i forget why.

okay. guys you're into leering at your chest: wouldn't happen. i can't think of any girl that would be into a guy that leered at her chest like a fucking sicko

girls leering at your chest: i guess it's a combination of the fact that girls aren't as physically threatening, and also the assumption you make that if a girl is looking at your tits she's probably just comparing or something.

lie: how can it not bother you when on a daily basis people hoot at you? see, that would piss me off so much. for one it would embarass the fuck out of me, for TWO , i don't know. i just get so mad when confronted with people like that. there are so many people out there that don't take into account that other people actually exist. like that other people have feelings too. ugh.

and i have an ear-ache i'm sick http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

i think my physics teacher hates me. i am trying to decide whether or not to study for a test tomorrow that's why i'm thinking abou tit. i dunno. i guess if i were him i'd hate me too. i'm always doing other work in that class. feh.</font>

i agree. it's not about looking or noticing-it's about leering, staring and making rude comments. sometimes you can brush it off, but when it happens repeatedly-especially in the course of the same day-it can really bother you. for example, where i used to live in brooklyn, the local men seem to really love you if you have a prominent ass. so, you're walking down the street, to say, go to the bank or buy groceries or WHATEVER and you get 16 guys either obviously staring at your anatomy or making obscene comments or just generally invading your space. sometimes i would be so pissed i wanted to fucking beat the hell out of them, which i couldn't possibly do, but i digress. i shouldn't HAVE to deal with that shit. what's that le tigre song? on guard? yeah, kind of applicable here.

Lie
04-25-2002, 09:04 PM
lie: how can it not bother you when on a daily basis people hoot at you? see, that would piss me off so much. for one it would embarass the fuck out of me, for TWO , i don't know. i just get so mad when confronted with people like that. there are so many people out there that don't take into account that other people actually exist. like that other people have feelings too. ugh.</font>

I guess I just don't take it that way. I don't think it equals immediate disrespect towards me. And if it does, there's no reason to beat the point into my head so that something that doesn't bother me at all now will bother me in the future. I mean, they're there and then they're gone. It's really nothing to worry about. Maybe I don't feel I'm being objectified because I just don't let that happen. You can't be objectified if the other person doesn't make you feel that. But aside from all that, I just don't really perceive it as threatening.

It also might be because I used to work in a gas station and these old men and truck drivers and guys in motorcycle gangs would come in and hit on me all the time, and I guess I kind of learned to deal with it. It would have bothered me if any of them had been especially lewd or tried to touch me or something, but none of them were. And I didn't think, "Oh my god, that creepy old man is such a sicko." I just thought, "Wow, that was kind of pathetic. He was actually trying to pick me up."

You'll probably find, though, that if you directly address any of the guys that are doing this to you, that most of the time they'll immediately get either very shy or just smile and compliment you some more, which I don't mind. For the guys who really are truly creepy, they usually seem funnier to me than they do dangerous. Understand that if they ever tried to actually touch me I would totally freak out and start screaming and poke them in the eyes or whatever, but most guys aren't like that.

------------------