View Full Version : Should I get tested even though I'm a virgin?

bonsor
04-23-2002, 12:11 AM
Is there any point? Is there ANY possiblity that I have an STD?

Helena Handbasket
04-23-2002, 12:14 AM
not unless you stuck your cock in a big bucket of herpes or something

------------------
Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur (http://www.livejournal.com/users/freakforhire).

AIM - elegantsomething

Ammy
04-23-2002, 12:14 AM
depends what your defenition of virgin is

bonsor
04-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Well, I'm just saying. She's on birth control. I'm a virgin. Do I need a condom?

ModernCheeze
04-23-2002, 12:15 AM
True story:

I know someone who was walking down the street in Chicago one night and some strange homeless person jumped in front of her and plunged a syringe into her arm, injecting her with God knows what. They he laughed maniacally and ran away.

If something like that happened to you, you should probably check.

------------------
-JJ

"Everyone hates a sad professor. I hate where I wound up."
AIM: nu100

FearFactory
04-23-2002, 12:16 AM
<font color="orange">Maybe you got hepatitis from sitting on a public toliet
</font>
<font color="red">

------------------
http://raversaregay.homestead.com/files/USA.gif
If you weren't so boring, you wouldn't be bored right now.

Ammy
04-23-2002, 12:16 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
Well, I'm just saying. She's on birth control. I'm a virgin. Do I need a condom?</font>

yes!

there's a very small precentage of girls who take thier birth control correctly. not matter what she says or you think you know, untill you know always have a condom

[This message has been edited by Ammy (edited 04-22-2002).]

bittertrance
04-23-2002, 12:19 AM
do a donkey punch

strange_one
04-23-2002, 12:21 AM
<font color=FF00FF> I got tested anyway just for piece of mind, it makes you feel better if you know 100% that you don't have hepatitis or something. I'd recommend you still use a condom though john, cos you never do know. I waited almost 10 months before I stopped using condoms with my girlfriend, not because I didn't trust her, but because having intercourse with a girl with no condom is kind of a very special intimate thing, so you should wait a bit.

also I think that if you're a virgin you should use a condom anyway, because it feels so awesome without a condom you'd probably blow your load in about 15 secs, condoms at least provide a small sensation barrier and will make you last a little longer

Mathboy
04-23-2002, 12:21 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:
yes!

there's a very small precentage of girls who take thier birth control correctly. not matter what she says or you think you know, untill you know always have a condom

[This message has been edited by Ammy (edited 04-22-2002).]</font>

Well, if he's thinking about STD's, that doesn't really matter - I mean, the Pill doesn't do anything for that, obviously.

I always go for the condoms, even though my girlfriend is on the pill; it just makes me feel safer, like I'm being pro-active or something. And it's double protection. . . you decrease your odds of accidental pregnancy from one in 1000 to one in 100,000 or so . . . and unless you're having a whole lotta sex, I like those odds.

FearFactory
04-23-2002, 12:22 AM
Well, I'm just saying. She's on birth control. I'm a virgin. Do I need a condom?</font>

<font color="orange">Don't be an idiot, dude.

A few things to think about:

Just because you're a virgin, it doesn't mean that she is. The fact that she's on birth control should be a good sign to double-bag it.

Smoking can cause the pill to not work. Does she smoke?

How long has she been on the pill? They're supposed to take a full packet before having unprotected sex, so the pill's effects can kick in.

How well do you know this girl? She might have some sort of disease, or just be a slut and cheat on you (assuming that this isn't a fuck-buddy sort of relationship).
</font>
<font color="red">

------------------

Ammy
04-23-2002, 12:24 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by FearFactory:
<font color="orange">
Smoking can cause the pill to not work. Does she smoke?
</font>
</font>

nuh-uh, smoking gives her a higher chance of getting cancer while on the pill. doesn't effect the odds of getting preggers.

meow
04-23-2002, 12:24 AM
<font color="orange">Maybe you got hepatitis from sitting on a public toliet
</font>
<font color="red">

</font>

or gonnareah from a tractor

Delta
04-23-2002, 12:26 AM
yes, wear the condom one way or the other.

a buddy of mine just had a scare where his girlfriend ran out of her birth control pills but didn't tell him. long story short, there was a pregnancy scare, he's 19, has a bright future, and is very anti-abortion. he almost killed himself

bonsor
04-23-2002, 12:26 AM
This just in: She's allergic to latex.

FearFactory
04-23-2002, 12:28 AM
This just in: She's allergic to latex.</font>

<font color="orange">This just in: There are more types of condoms than those made out of latex.

Virgins.
</font>
<font color="red">

------------------

Ammy
04-23-2002, 12:29 AM
don't they have non laytex condoms?

strange_one
This just in: She's allergic to latex.</font>
<font color=FF00FF> well you can get condoms that have something different to latex...can't you?

lucky_13
how convenient.

dude. uh...there's too much to say here. about everything. i'll shut my yap.

bonsor
04-23-2002, 12:30 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by lucky_13:
how convenient.

dude. uh...there's too much to say here. about everything. i'll shut my yap.</font> Yeah, that'd be good.

Ammy
04-23-2002, 12:30 AM
<font color="orange">
Virgins.
</font>
<font color="red">

</font>

kypper
04-23-2002, 12:31 AM
<font color="orange">This just in: There are more types of condoms than those made out of latex.

Virgins.
</font>
<font color="red">

</font>
yah but if u're hung anything over 5 inches, those non-latex condoms just don't come in your size. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

------------------
http://smiley33.20m.com/images/delluwish.jpg

THRILLHO
04-23-2002, 12:31 AM
Just because you're a virgin, it doesn't mean that she is. The fact that she's on birth control should be a good sign to double-bag it.

</font>

i thought the fact that she's on birth control implied that she wasn't a virgin.

actually, if she's going out with you and you two haven't had sex yet, why is she on the pill? is she preparing?

and you don't really NEED to wear a condom if she's on the pill, but do it anyways. the pill prevents pregancy slightly less than a condom. most of them anyway. when my girlfriend is on the pill, we have sex without a condom on special occassions but not regularily.

and yes, there is a possibly you got an STD through non-sexually transmitted means. once again, chances are very low. but if you want to be 100% sure, get tested.

can the cheerleading start now?

Irrelevant
04-23-2002, 12:32 AM
DONT HAVE SEX TILL YOUR MARRIED. IM SERIOUS. IM NOT LYING.

THRILLHO
04-23-2002, 12:32 AM
if she's allergic to latex, saran wrap held on with an elastic band is the commonly accepted substitute.

GlassDreams
04-23-2002, 12:35 AM
Well...yeah. You should go for a condom. Even if she is on the pill, you don't know all of her history. And since she's on the pill, she's obviously been active before. Find some non-latex condoms (they're not hard to find) and stick with them for awhile. At least until you know that she's totally clean.

bonsor
04-23-2002, 12:35 AM
Mark Rosini's voice of reason has graced my thread. I feel blessed.

Part #2: How do I go about getting tested?

strange_one
04-23-2002, 12:36 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by THRILLHO:
if she's allergic to latex, saran wrap held on with an elastic band is the commonly accepted substitute.</font>

<font color=FF00FF> just make sure the elastic band isn't too tight

strange_one
04-23-2002, 12:37 AM

Part #2: How do I go about getting tested?</font>

<font color=FF00FF> erm...go to the clinic and ask perhaps..?

GlassDreams
04-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Yeah...just about any clinic. Go in and tell them what you want to get tested for.

bonsor
04-23-2002, 12:52 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by GlassDreams:
Yeah...just about any clinic. Go in and tell them what you want to get tested for.</font>

I have to say specifically what STD to get tested for? I can't get the sampler? Or the works?

PkPhuoko
04-23-2002, 12:52 AM
a serious reply to johns post... what a concept.

Ok... std's aside pregnancy happens often on the pill, shot, whatever. I was with a girl who was a virgin... i had been with one other girl and had been tested since so i was like sweeeeeeeeeet sex4me with no condom! Score! So whatever shes on the pill things are good... fuckin senior year with a chick i dig, great sex, no condom....... then she doesnt get her period... not so much scared now but concerned.... shit goes on for a month late.... 6 weeks late... pregnancy test comes out negative but still no period. So finally we go to the doctor.

Apparently claritin with her pill made it fuck up her period. Doctor said any medication can have some weird effects on a case to case basis and that could have opened the way for a baby Pk. Fucked up ehh?

Point being in the end don't chance it man. Yes if she has no stds, you're a virgin, and shes on brith control odds are in your favor but you don't wanna be the exception. Having a baby ****** probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but it sure isn't gonna make the next 18 years of your life too awful much fun. Nor would the outside chance she had a dormant std or you had one that didnt show up on a test that you gave to each other.

If you insist go get tested. Both Niki and myself had a friend (she was better friends with him) who found out he had AIDS.... really a fucked up feeling when someone you know and hang out with gets it. Puts in to prespective (at least on my part) about being careless.

http://www.hivtest.org/locate/index.htm

^click that... theres a link to find a testing site near you.

strange_one
04-23-2002, 12:59 AM
I have to say specifically what STD to get tested for? I can't get the sampler? Or the works?</font>

<font color=FF00FF> as far as I know you ask for a standard test and they'll test you for the really bad infections, such as HIV and Hepatitis. all other types of STDs, such as herpes and gonnoreah, you can tested for but the thing with those diseases are that they are easily treatable. if you discover that this chick has given you herpes it isn't the end of the world, since it is treatable. it is the bad diseases you always have to check for

bittertrance
04-23-2002, 01:24 AM
plug her, then tell her to get tested

voila!

tweedyburd
04-23-2002, 01:56 AM
Enjoy getting the Q-tip swab jammed up your pee-hole http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

strange_one
04-23-2002, 02:03 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by tweedyburd:
Enjoy getting the Q-tip swab jammed up your pee-hole http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif</font>

<font color=FF00FF> they don't do that for the HIV/Hepatitis test, its a normal blood test

Folladori
04-23-2002, 02:06 AM
Just do it in the butt. Simplicity.

tweedyburd
04-23-2002, 02:56 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by strange_one:
they don't do that for the HIV/Hepatitis test, its a normal blood test</font>

Whew.

Jakeez Betbetba
04-23-2002, 04:39 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by GlassDreams:
Well...yeah. You should go for a condom. Even if she is on the pill, you don't know all of her history. And since she's on the pill, she's obviously been active before. </font>

uhhh ... why hasn't anyone said anything about these comments yet?? There are MANY reasons to be on the pill - this topic has been discussed here several times before. I've been on it for 4 years and have never had sex.

[This message has been edited by Jakeez Betbetba (edited 04-23-2002).]

So very sad about me
04-23-2002, 05:02 AM
Call me silly, but she's the one who needs to get tested, not you.
You don't have shit.
She on the other hand could have anything.

If you choose to fuck her, she could be infecting you, not vice versa......

------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/sex.gif
You want to sleep with common people like me (http://smampy.livejournal.com)

strange_one
04-23-2002, 05:18 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jakeez Betbetba:
uhhh ... why hasn't anyone said anything about these comments yet?? There are MANY reasons to be on the pill - this topic has been discussed here several times before. I've been on it for 4 years and have never had sex.

</font>

<font color=FF00FF> why be on it if you don't have sex? its pointless. if you're taking it to control acne you should get something else, which would be more effective, if you're taking it just to regulate your period then I don't think thats a very good reason. you are putting a drug into your body that you don't need to. the pill actually eats up nutrients in your body, so you always have to take certain vitamins as well.

Jakeez Betbetba
04-23-2002, 06:21 AM
why be on it if you don't have sex? its pointless. if you're taking it to control acne you should get something else, which would be more effective, if you're taking it just to regulate your period then I don't think thats a very good reason. you are putting a drug into your body that you don't need to. the pill actually eats up nutrients in your body, so you always have to take certain vitamins as well.</font>

I am taking it because without it I end up with ovarian cysts the size of golf balls. (ouch!) It also reduces the risk of certain kinds of cancers if you are on it for a stretch of years at some point early on -- that doesn't mean all women should take it, but it certainly does pay if a woman is at extremely high risk (me, again).

------------------

strange_one
04-23-2002, 09:57 AM
I am taking it because without it I end up with ovarian cysts the size of golf balls. (ouch!)

</font>

<font color=FF00FF> ok fair enough, sorry, didn't know about that

Lucy Sky Diamonds
04-23-2002, 11:57 AM
How about you guys go get tested together? She probably just wants a clean bill of health on your part before you two get naughty, and you should expect the same from her. Ask her questions about her pills, like when she takes them, etc. Ask to see them. Get to know how reliable she is with taking them.

And... if she's on antibiotics for whatever reason, keep your penis out of her. They make the pill useless.

------------------
I'm a member of the thought police and the Junior Anti Sex League. Double think that, BITCH!

AIM: ZeppieLed

GlassDreams
04-23-2002, 01:42 PM
</font>

It was just an inference. When you know that a girl is on the pill, you infer that she's been sexually active before. I'm sure there are other cases, such as yours, which is something I've never heard of before. It just seems to me that the vast majority of girls on birth control are or have been sexually active.<font color="black">

[This message has been edited by GlassDreams (edited 04-23-2002).]

Smiley33
04-23-2002, 01:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Lucy Sky Diamonds:
How about you guys go get tested together? She probably just wants a clean bill of health on your part before you two get naughty, and you should expect the same from her. Ask her questions about her pills, like when she takes them, etc. Ask to see them. Get to know how reliable she is with taking them.

And... if she's on antibiotics for whatever reason, keep your penis out of her. They make the pill useless.

</font>

werd. This advice gets my vote.

PkPhuoko
04-23-2002, 01:52 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
Call me silly, but she's the one who needs to get tested, not you.
You don't have shit.
She on the other hand could have anything.

If you choose to fuck her, she could be infecting you, not vice versa......

</font>

don't be ignorant. Despite the name STD's arent always sexually transmitted... gotta take into account how many times in your life you've been poked with a needle. Namely early 80's when he was a baby, care with needles wasnt as deep as it is now. John could have an STD that is dormant in his body but when transfered to another person could be active. Just because you've never had sexual penetration it doesn't exclude you from having an std.

If it's a mutual feeling that you wanna have sex together then go get tested together.

GlassDreams
04-23-2002, 01:54 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by PkPhuoko:
If it's a mutual feeling that you wanna have sex together then go get tested together. </font>

Simply put, this is the best possible advice for you.

TiaraGurl
04-23-2002, 04:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Lucy Sky Diamonds:

</font>

there is some other stuff too like st johns wart and other stuff like that

bonsor
04-23-2002, 06:24 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by PkPhuoko:
don't be ignorant. Despite the name STD's arent always sexually transmitted... gotta take into account how many times in your life you've been poked with a needle. Namely early 80's when he was a baby, care with needles wasnt as deep as it is now. John could have an STD that is dormant in his body but when transfered to another person could be active. Just because you've never had sexual penetration it doesn't exclude you from having an std.

If it's a mutual feeling that you wanna have sex together then go get tested together. </font>
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, clint. Really.

kypper
04-23-2002, 09:25 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, clint. Really.</font>

Course, if you hate needles, you could always just plow her and hope for the best.

No, honestly, do the condom thing, at least, and do get tested if you're really at all concerned. If she isn't da big v, then she should too. But if both of you are, there really shouldn't be a problem.

------------------

Silverstream
04-23-2002, 09:34 PM
<font color=FF00FF> why be on it if you don't have sex? its pointless. if you're taking it to control acne you should get something else, which would be more effective, if you're taking it just to regulate your period then I don't think thats a very good reason. you are putting a drug into your body that you don't need to. the pill actually eats up nutrients in your body, so you always have to take certain vitamins as well.</font color=FF00FF> </font>

until you have a period that goes for a month, shut the fuck up.

kypper
04-23-2002, 09:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Silverstream:
until you have a period that goes for a month, shut the fuck up.</font>

Agreed. All the pill is, really, is estrogen and progesterone, which the female body has in abundance anyway.
Many doctors are now reccomending many women take it to skip the period and conserve blood.

------------------

Silverstream
04-23-2002, 09:37 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by kypper:
Agreed. All the pill is, really, is estrogen and progesterone, which the female body has in abundance anyway.
Many doctors are now reccomending many women take it to skip the period and conserve blood.

</font>

Smiley33
04-23-2002, 09:53 PM
<font color=FF00FF> why be on it if you don't have sex? its pointless. if you're taking it to control acne you should get something else, which would be more effective, if you're taking it just to regulate your period then I don't think thats a very good reason. you are putting a drug into your body that you don't need to. the pill actually eats up nutrients in your body, so you always have to take certain vitamins as well.</font>

dude, I think your condom is on too tight.

Ammy
04-23-2002, 09:55 PM
yes. that is officially the dumbest post you've ever made strange_one.

PhantomFM
04-23-2002, 09:58 PM
double-bag it.
</font>

huhhuh

my sister's husband used to double bag it. what's worse is i knew about it

------------------
PhantomFM (http://www.unc.edu/~lawsonb)

Ammy
04-23-2002, 09:59 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by PhantomFM:
huhhuh

my sister's husband used to double bag it. what's worse is i knew about it

</font>

your'e kidding me.

you all do know that using two condoms has a higher risk of pregnancy AND STDs than with one, right? please tell me you know this..

[This message has been edited by Ammy (edited 04-23-2002).]

Lucy Sky Diamonds
04-23-2002, 10:59 PM
If either of you have any piercings or tattoos, all the more reason to have your blood screened.

Remember, she has no way of actually knowing that your a virgin. And going by your word alone can obviously get her in trouble. Make a date of it!

------------------
I'm a member of the thought police and the Junior Anti Sex League. Double think that, BITCH!

AIM: ZeppieLed

strange_one
04-23-2002, 11:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:
yes. that is officially the dumbest post you've ever made strange_one.</font>

<font color=FF00FF> nope, I think you'll find I'm half right. just because I don't have periods doesn't mean I don't read up on these things. taking the pill is something quite disruptive in the female body, it doesn't just affect your period, it effects everything in your body. you'll find that once you've been on the pill for more than 4 months you can start to look gaudy or feel unhealthy. that is because the nutrients in your body have been eaten up by the pill you are taking, it is important to take multi-vitamins(preferably without st john's wart) to make sure there are enough B group vitamins going into your system.
don't forget the other side effects the pill is capable of. the type of progestrogen in the pill you take can easily make you overweight after a long period of time.
let's not forget that the pill has been linked to heart attacks and thrombosis.

so don't tell me that the pill is ok for everyone to take. it isn't, it is a syntehtic drug that you are putting into your body and it affects everything. if you're a perfectly healthy girl and you just want to take the pill to control your period then that is pretty pointless unless you are having sex. after a few months you would be wishing you hadn't taken it in the first place because of the way it can easily make you unhealthy. females that need it to control ovary defects etc. are a different story.
but as I was saying, I know ammy and silverstream think 'shut the fuck up you don't know what its like to be a woman to go through menstruation, you're just a clueless fucking male'....you can think that, but I've read up on these things and I'm informed.

kypper
04-23-2002, 11:35 PM
<font color=FF00FF> nope, I think you'll find I'm half right. just because I don't have periods doesn't mean I don't read up on these things. taking the pill is something quite disruptive in the female body, it doesn't just affect your period, it effects everything in your body. you'll find that once you've been on the pill for more than 4 months you can start to look gaudy or feel unhealthy. that is because the nutrients in your body have been eaten up by the pill you are taking, it is important to take multi-vitamins(preferably without st john's wart) to make sure there are enough B group vitamins going into your system.
don't forget the other side effects the pill is capable of. the type of progestrogen in the pill you take can easily make you overweight after a long period of time.
let's not forget that the pill has been linked to heart attacks and thrombosis.

so don't tell me that the pill is ok for everyone to take. it isn't, it is a syntehtic drug that you are putting into your body and it affects everything. if you're a perfectly healthy girl and you just want to take the pill to control your period then that is pretty pointless unless you are having sex. after a few months you would be wishing you hadn't taken it in the first place because of the way it can easily make you unhealthy. females that need it to control ovary defects etc. are a different story.
but as I was saying, I know ammy and silverstream think 'shut the fuck up you don't know what its like to be a woman to go through menstruation, you're just a clueless fucking male'....you can think that, but I've read up on these things and I'm informed.</font>

So am I, and you're quoting rarer cases from extremely extended periods of time. Most women show very few if any symptoms, and those symptoms are just derived from having an increased level of hormones in their body. The pill is NOT foreign.
They also could be a) taking the wrong pill, or b) just taking it wrong!
It's like dumbasses who take 2 pills the day after skipping one.
Yes, the pill can increase weight, but that's what the female hormones do; make ya motherly.

------------------

strange_one
04-23-2002, 11:38 PM
So am I, and you're quoting rarer cases from extremely extended periods of time. Most women show very few if any symptoms, and those symptoms are just derived from having an increased level of hormones in their body.

</font>

<font color=FF00FF> yes youre right, those types of side affects are rare, but the drug does affect each woman in different ways.
all I'm trying to say is that if your period is fairly normal every month and there are no other hormone problems then there is no need to go taking the pill

kypper
04-23-2002, 11:40 PM
<font color=FF00FF> yes youre right, those types of side affects are rare, but the drug does affect each woman in different ways.
all I'm trying to say is that if your period is fairly normal every month and there are no other hormone problems then there is no need to go taking the pill</font>

But many doctors believe that it's better to take the milder pill variants in order to curb the period because women back in the day did NOT bleed every month; they were always pregnant. They are considering, therefore, that the loss of blood is NOT natural, and that regulation could be much more beneficial in terms of conserving vitamins etc.

------------------

strange_one
04-23-2002, 11:46 PM
But many doctors believe that it's better to take the milder pill variants in order to curb the period because women back in the day did NOT bleed every month; they were always pregnant. They are considering, therefore, that the loss of blood is NOT natural, and that regulation could be much more beneficial in terms of conserving vitamins etc.

</font>

<font color=FF00FF> well the pill variant would always have to be the right sort, to balance the loss and conservation of vitamins

KiIgore Trout
04-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Hump her, then dump her.

Lie
04-24-2002, 02:31 AM
<font color=FF00FF> well the pill variant would always have to be the right sort, to balance the loss and conservation of vitamins</font>

You're both right. It does some unnatural things to your body but as was earlier cited, it's not really "natural" not to have children either, and it can help you ride out the years of your hormonal peak without certain pain and discomfort that would be otherwise unavoidable. However, it can quite easily fuck you up in more cases than just the occasional one...it happens to a lot of women.

For some, it can be extremely beneficial. For others, it's not at all. There are lots of reasons why women who aren't having sex can benefit from taking the pill. However, in some cases, long-term use can wreak havoc on your immune system. Lots of people have different opinions on it, but it's really just a case-by-case kind of thing.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Silverstream
04-24-2002, 03:14 AM
<font color=FF00FF>.

but as I was saying, I know ammy and silverstream think 'shut the fuck up you don't know what its like to be a woman to go through menstruation, you're just a clueless fucking male'....you can think that, but I've read up on these things and I'm informed.</font color=FF00FF>.</font>

i never said you were a clueless fucking male. But the fact remains that you DONT know what menstuation is like. until you do, i suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself because no matter how "informed" you are, you still arent a female and thus you will never understand.

strange_one
04-24-2002, 03:50 AM
i never said you were a clueless fucking male. But the fact remains that you DONT know what menstuation is like. until you do, i suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself because no matter how "informed" you are, you still arent a female and thus you will never understand.</font>

<font color=FF00FF> true, I will never experience menstruation during my lifetime, but that doesn't mean you should just dismiss my arguments because I'm male. you'd never understand what it is like to be hit in the testicles, but it doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on it. I'm just going by what I've read in science journals, web sites etc.
anyway, Lie summed everything up nicely above I think

------------------
http://www.lovepolice.com.au/ARCHIVE/loversf.gif
And I remember every goddamn minute with you
Like a minute in a movie that hurts

Crippler
04-24-2002, 12:01 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by bittertrance:
do a donkey punch</font>

kypper
04-24-2002, 12:51 PM
<font color=FF00FF> true, I will never experience menstruation during my lifetime, but that doesn't mean you should just dismiss my arguments because I'm male. you'd never understand what it is like to be hit in the testicles, but it doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on it. I'm just going by what I've read in science journals, web sites etc.
anyway, Lie summed everything up nicely above I think

</font>

Apparently cramps are like 5 days of really fucking bad gas pains.

------------------
http://www.emotioneric.com/catchgf.jpg

Smiley33
04-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Apparently cramps are like 5 days of really fucking bad gas pains.

</font>

mmmhmmm. I love Midol.

Red Wine Cage
04-24-2002, 05:55 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by tweedyburd:
Enjoy getting the Q-tip swab jammed up your pee-hole http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif</font>
not fun...but the pain only lasts for like 2 seconds...

Hyperbole
04-24-2002, 06:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Delta:
very anti-abortion.

almost killed himself</font>

wait. he believes in suicide, but not abortion?

sawdust restaurants
04-24-2002, 06:09 PM
i never said you were a clueless fucking male. But the fact remains that you DONT know what menstuation is like. until you do, i suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself because no matter how "informed" you are, you still arent a female and thus you will never understand.</font>

This is the worst argument for anything, ever. "You don't know how it feels" doesn't mean you can't have an opinion steeped in a scientific basis, and there's lots of scientific basis for many arguments on menstruation. When you begin to discuss serious emotional traumas such as abortion, the argument gains more validity; but, shit, what we're talking about is menstruation, which, while horribly bothersome for women, is also steeped in biology and physiology, and, therefore, science, as opposed to the infinitely gray spectrum of ethics with things like abortion.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong--although for the record, my girlfriend has been on the pill for a long time solely to regulate her period, it has done her wonders, and I'd probably agree with you on the matter if pressed--but I am saying that you can't negate science simply because a man doesn't have a period. By your logic, woman psychologists can't study aggressive tendencies inherent in males, male anthropologists can't make conclusions on the validity of female gender roles in ancient society, and taken to its logical extreme, men in bands and women in bands can't have opinions on each other.

[This message has been edited by sawdust restaurants (edited 04-24-2002).]

Hyperbole
04-24-2002, 06:20 PM
strange one, in reply to your comment about not knowing what it's like to be kicked in the balls...i've heard guys describe it, and it sounds quite similar to when i fell off my bicycle seat onto the bar in front of it (it was a guy's bike)...couldn't walk, talk, or do anything. it hurt so badly it was like a shock to my entire system...so i think there's at least a correlation there.

and the pill is not really a "drug"...

Delta
04-24-2002, 07:44 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Hyperbole:
wait. he believes in suicide, but not abortion?</font>

it's suicide, it's not supposed to make sense

Smiley33
04-24-2002, 07:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Delta:
it's suicide, it's not supposed to make sense</font>

Silverstream
04-24-2002, 07:56 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
This is the worst argument for anything, ever. "You don't know how it feels" doesn't mean you can't have an opinion steeped in a scientific basis, and there's lots of scientific basis for many arguments on menstruation. When you begin to discuss serious emotional traumas such as abortion, the argument gains more validity; but, shit, what we're talking about is menstruation, which, while horribly bothersome for women, is also steeped in biology and physiology, and, therefore, science, as opposed to the infinitely gray spectrum of ethics with things like abortion.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong--although for the record, my girlfriend has been on the pill for a long time solely to regulate her period, it has done her wonders, and I'd probably agree with you on the matter if pressed--but I am saying that you can't negate science simply because a man doesn't have a period. By your logic, woman psychologists can't study aggressive tendencies inherent in males, male anthropologists can't make conclusions on the validity of female gender roles in ancient society, and taken to its logical extreme, men in bands and women in bands can't have opinions on each other.

[This message has been edited by sawdust restaurants (edited 04-24-2002).]</font>

i know that it is a bad argument...as i wrote it i knew people would put shit on me for it. but strange_one's know it all attitude just really pissed me off. i sat down with many doctors and discussed the benefits and drawbacks of taking the pill before i started taking it, and in my opinion and all of the doctors opinions there are far more benefits than drawbacks. the drawbacks are minor also.

strange_one
04-24-2002, 10:25 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Hyperbole:
and the pill is not really a "drug"...</font>

<font color=FF00FF> you are putting synthetic chemicals into your body, what the hell else would you call it?