View Full Version : kurt cobain


NinjaTurtle
04-05-2002, 05:44 PM
8 years ago today...
why kurt . . . why?!?!?!?!!

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

Helena Handbasket
04-05-2002, 05:45 PM
I believe the correct question is..

"why, courtney.. why?!?!?!?!"

Mayfuck
04-05-2002, 05:46 PM
*carves "Kurt Cobain Forever" into his wrist*

NinjaTurtle
04-05-2002, 05:47 PM
indeed.
im down to avenge his death.
all i need is a ride.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

twilightfadez
04-05-2002, 05:58 PM
i sometimes wonder what state music would be in today if that would've never happened.

So very sad about me
04-05-2002, 05:59 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by twilightfadez:
i sometimes wonder what state music would be in today if that would've never happened.</font>

I wish it hadn't happened, b/c then maybe people would shut up about him.


------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/sex.gif
You want to sleep with common people like me (http://smampy.livejournal.com)

Loveless Addict
04-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Its kind of wierd, today i had to do a presentation for my class, and i had to BE Kurt Cobain, dress up and all that. On the day he shot himself... kind of wierd.

Elvis The Fat Years
04-05-2002, 06:13 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Loveless Addict:
Its kind of wierd, today i had to do a presentation for my class, and i had to BE Kurt Cobain, dress up and all that. On the day he shot himself... kind of wierd.</font>

lololllol

melancholia
04-05-2002, 06:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
I believe the correct question is..

"why, courtney.. why?!?!?!?!"</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

twilightfadez
04-05-2002, 06:16 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Loveless Addict:
Its kind of wierd, today i had to do a presentation for my class, and i had to BE Kurt Cobain, dress up and all that. On the day he shot himself... kind of wierd.</font>what class was this for?
well one time for my design class (its odd i know) i acted out a manic-depressive chick and i shot myself at the end while underworld's 'born slippy' played in the ********** and everybody freaked out. it was pretty cool.



[This message has been edited by twilightfadez (edited 04-05-2002).]

NinjaTurtle
04-05-2002, 06:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
I wish it hadn't happened, b/c then maybe people would shut up about him.


</font>

if it wasnt for kurt and all the other grunge bands where would music be today? the 80's fuckin sucked balls.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

ZERO
04-05-2002, 07:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
I wish it hadn't happened, b/c then maybe people would shut up about him.


</font>

Your sig is gay.

The Patient
04-05-2002, 07:44 PM
i got nothing to say really about kurt, but i feel as if i should be part of this thread.

drain you was the first song i ever played an air instrument to, air drums. good fun.

------------------
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/12.02.99/gifs/gangstarr-9948.jpg

One of us, equals many of us
Disrespect one of us, you'll see plenty of us

aim - shesellsmelsd

Travis Meeks
04-05-2002, 08:23 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
I wish it hadn't happened, b/c then maybe people would shut up about him.


</font>

I totally agree. He wasn't that great, just a bit unique.

------------------
Chance and chance alone has a message for us. Everything that occurs out of necessity, everything expected, repeated day in and day out, is mute. Only chance can speak to us. We read its message much as gypsies read the images made by coffee grounds at the bottom of a cup."

So very sad about me
04-05-2002, 08:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
if it wasnt for kurt and all the other grunge bands where would music be today? the 80's fuckin sucked balls.

</font>

I never said he shouldn't have existed.
I just think that if he hadn't died, people wouldn't idolize him today. He would have put out shitty music, gotten in trouble w/ the law, or just "faded away" and people would realize that he is/was a normal human being.
No one can maintain a godlike status forever.
Do people still idolize Paul McCartney like they used to?? Jimmy Page and Robert Plant like they used to???
No. They're old wrinkled bastards, they're human. And the public becomes easily bored

So very sad about me
04-05-2002, 08:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ZERO:
Your sig is gay.</font>

Actually, if you look, its a man and a woman, and therefore is heterosexual.


------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/sex.gif
You want to sleep with common people like me (http://smampy.livejournal.com)

Travis Meeks
04-05-2002, 08:34 PM
I think your sig is the best here

Kumar Littlejeans
04-05-2002, 08:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
I believe the correct question is..

"why, courtney.. why?!?!?!?!"</font>

You like Flickerstick.

Loveless Addict
04-05-2002, 08:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Travis Meeks:
I think your sig is the best here</font>

I'll second that!

disarmed zero
04-05-2002, 08:59 PM
i mentioned that to people today, and most of them asked "who the fuck is kurt cobain?", most of the others only know who he is because i've told them.

------------------
i don't feel at all like i thought.
no comment (http://www.geocities.com/melancholyskies)

http://www.deadjournal.com/img/mood/charitycam/goth_girl/angry.gif aim - FallingNightSky

Travis Meeks
04-05-2002, 09:03 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by disarmed zero:
i mentioned that to people today, and most of them asked "who the fuck is kurt cobain?", most of the others only know who he is because i've told them.

</font>

seriously, how old are you?

Tom
04-05-2002, 10:37 PM
He was a freakin genious.


------------------
-Tom

Empire Cola- What would you rather be full of?

ravenguy2000
04-05-2002, 10:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Travis Meeks:
seriously, how old are you?</font>

and: where are you from? Mars?

Elvis The Fat Years
04-05-2002, 10:46 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Tom:
He was a freakin genious.


</font>

billy could kick his ass.

tru dat.

ZERO
04-05-2002, 10:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
Actually, if you look, its a man and a woman, and therefore is heterosexual.


</font>

how horney can one get

Samsa
04-06-2002, 01:20 AM
paul mccartney is not wrinkled

PkPhuoko
04-06-2002, 01:25 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Samsa:
paul mccartney is not wrinkled</font>

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/SingerPicUnid/0D71B4ADBF0D601D48256A4C00224637/$file/Paul+McCartney.jpg = http://www.puppymillrescue.com/Shop/clocks/c4clock.jpg

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 01:32 AM
first billy could NOT kick kurts ass.
Kurt Cobain is a genious.
and he what makes him maintain godlike status is because he did die. he was gone completely before he should have been, before he sucked. he helped save us from all that shit music. his death was the shock to mainstream that saved us from such shit. and now, unfortunatly, its going back to shit.

Samsa
04-06-2002, 01:33 AM
look at that smooth skin!

PkPhuoko
04-06-2002, 01:40 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
first billy could NOT kick kurts ass.
Kurt Cobain is a genious.
and he what makes him maintain godlike status is because he did die. he was gone completely before he should have been, before he sucked. he helped save us from all that shit music. his death was the shock to mainstream that saved us from such shit. and now, unfortunatly, its going back to shit.</font>


i hope you're joking... neither billy nor kurt nor any of the mainstream grunge fucks were geniuses. That's like saying someone who gets an "A" in a class is a genius. Sorry not happenin bud. They did well and made great tunes but nothing that hadn't been done before. Nirvana did nothing that hadn't already been done before. They might have been marketed better and hit mainstream but in your idealism limp bizkit are "geniuses"

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 01:47 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by PkPhuoko:

i hope you're joking... neither billy nor kurt nor any of the mainstream grunge fucks were geniuses. That's like saying someone who gets an "A" in a class is a genius. Sorry not happenin bud. They did well and made great tunes but nothing that hadn't been done before. Nirvana did nothing that hadn't already been done before. They might have been marketed better and hit mainstream but in your idealism limp bizkit are "geniuses"

</font>

not at all. Nirvana and the rest of grunge came out of an era full of glamour and being pretty. an era of completely fake music written by fake people. all that shit for an entire decade, then grunge came out. Grunge was real music that was written by real people, that came from an era of shit. most grunge bands didnt even have talent. kurt is genius because he took a sloppy gunge band with no talent and transformed them into musicians. the unplugged mtv show proved that.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 01:55 AM
besides, what one sees as musical genius, another sees as shity music. If i say Tool is the greatest band ever, big deal. it doesnt matter if you dont think so. I may think tool is musical genius and you may think drowing pool is (even though its the worst). musical genius is opinion based. now im drunk and im going to bed so im through.
peace.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

THRILLHO
04-06-2002, 01:56 AM
yeah, kurt was a kickass songwriter and pretty damn smart but genius is one of the most overused and misused words ever.

Tom
04-06-2002, 02:25 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by THRILLHO:
yeah, kurt was a kickass songwriter and pretty damn smart but genius is one of the most overused and misused words ever.</font>

Musical genius, then. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Tom
04-06-2002, 02:25 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by THRILLHO:
yeah, kurt was a kickass songwriter and pretty damn smart but genius is one of the most overused and misused words ever.</font>

Musical genius, then. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
-Tom

Empire Cola- What would you rather be full of?

Sudas Ingredients
04-06-2002, 04:25 AM
you're all soo very funny.

Shattering Glass
04-06-2002, 06:06 AM
Kurt was a genuis....as is many other artists... i often wonder too... what music would be like if his death didn't occur..
Sure he wasn't god.. but he was a good musician. Whether people believe he was there at the right time and place or not, his genuis is true, unplugged and in utero showed this as stated earlier.

1 a : plural genii : an attendant spirit of a person or place b : plural usually genii : a person who influences another for good or bad

bonsor
04-06-2002, 07:39 AM
Regardless, 'genius' is used way too liberally on this board.

You also have to consider how much of Nirvana's success came from luck and how much came from actualy proactivity. The band is great, and their music did the music industry an amazing amount of good, but I wouldn't go as far to call Kurt a genius simply because his music happened to have major impact on music.

I know, I'm quite cynical about it, but that is really how I feel.

Eulogy
04-06-2002, 08:34 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
he helped save us from all that shit music. his death was the shock to mainstream that saved us from such shit. and now, unfortunatly, its going back to shit.</font>

Then apparently he did a shitty job of "saving" us.

ravenguy2000
04-06-2002, 09:38 AM
haha, its not like they released Nevermind, and then all the "shitty" music just dropped off the face of the earth. Kurt Cobain didn't save us from anything, he just distracted us for a few years. All of that "shitty" music that Kurt saved us from was still going strong during Nirvana's reign, and was still going strong the second he killed himself.

And there's a big difference from being a musical genious, and being a good songwriter, or ripping off the pixies (not that there's anything wrong with that.) Nevermind consists of a bunch of really good hooks, words that were hard to understand, a video that everybody went apeshit for, and a bunch of shitty power chords. Good stuff? Sure. Classic album? Why not? Genious? Bullshit.

------------------
http://www.statetheatre.org/Bea.jpg
Bea Arthur...Bea Naked!

TiaraGurl
04-06-2002, 10:32 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
[B]first billy could NOT kick kurts ass.
Kurt Cobain is a genious.
[B]</font>

learning to spell is always fun.

if kurt were alive he would be a recluse ala salinger and live in malibu or something

bonsor
04-06-2002, 01:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ravenguy2000:
Good stuff? Sure. Classic album? Why not? Genious? Bullshit.</font>

Motherfucking word.

The Gaddrow
04-06-2002, 01:16 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ravenguy2000:
Kurt Cobain didn't save us from anything, he just distracted us for a few years.</font>Again, Motherfucking word.

Graveflower
04-06-2002, 01:26 PM
If you go and look at the 10 years ago charts on billboard, Nevermind, Ten, and Blood SUgar Sex Magik are the only good things on it.

The rest is just as bad as it always was. Music is always the same, there's 4 or 5 good things on the charts, the rest is complete crap. The band did have a huge impact, there are a lot of bands that would have never gotten major label deals and platinum records without them, but it's not like the early 90's was an endless sea of beautiful music.

I mean, think about it. Candlebox? Nirvana allowed that band to be signed and pollute the airwaves. Thanks Kurt!

THRILLHO
04-06-2002, 03:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
If you go and look at the 10 years ago charts on billboard, Nevermind, Ten, and Blood SUgar Sex Magik are the only good things on it.

The rest is just as bad as it always was. Music is always the same, there's 4 or 5 good things on the charts, the rest is complete crap. The band did have a huge impact, there are a lot of bands that would have never gotten major label deals and platinum records without them, but it's not like the early 90's was an endless sea of beautiful music.

I mean, think about it. Candlebox? Nirvana allowed that band to be signed and pollute the airwaves. Thanks Kurt!</font>

totally. people don't seem to realize that the 'alternative revolution' was just record companies going "oh, this sound must be hip now" and signing a bunch of new shitty bands and grunge fashion appearing in vogue, etc.

then again, that kind of thing was what disgusted kurt to the point that he was going to break up nirvana anyway.

So very sad about me
04-06-2002, 03:31 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
Regardless, 'genius' is used way too liberally on this board.

You also have to consider how much of Nirvana's success came from luck and how much came from actualy proactivity. The band is great, and their music did the music industry an amazing amount of good, but I wouldn't go as far to call Kurt a genius simply because his music happened to have major impact on music.

I know, I'm quite cynical about it, but that is really how I feel.</font>

*applauds*

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 06:05 PM
if you dont think grunge pulled us out of a musical hole then fine. and if you think he just got lucky thats fine too. but i think hes a genius, lots of people think so too. so it is opinion based. and maybe nirvana is the reason behind a lot of shitty bands but id rather listen to candle box over a motley crue influenced band any day. and if his genius is such bullshit then why dont you do what he did? he wasnt that great at guitar, his voice wasnt the best either, so wouldnt it be easy? well... if he isnt a genius it would be easy... wouldnt it?
the genius is how he used what little talent he had to make great music.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

The Patient
04-06-2002, 06:07 PM
why don't one of you cobain haters start a musical revolution

------------------
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/12.02.99/gifs/gangstarr-9948.jpg

One of us, equals many of us
Disrespect one of us, you'll see plenty of us

aim - shesellsmelsd

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 06:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Patient:
why don't one of you cobain haters start a musical revolution

</font>

woooooo

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

ravenguy2000
04-06-2002, 06:13 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:

the genius is how he used what little talent he had to make great music.

</font>

lol, he's one of the best songwriters of his generation. The man had talent pouring out of his ears.

Good song writer + good marketing + luck just doesn't equal genious.


------------------
http://www.statetheatre.org/Bea.jpg
Bea Arthur...Bea Naked!

The Patient
04-06-2002, 06:17 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ravenguy2000:
lol, he's one of the best songwriters of his generation. The man had talent pouring out of his ears.

Good song writer + good marketing + luck just doesn't equal genious.


</font>

then what does equal genious?

ravenguy2000
04-06-2002, 06:19 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Patient:
then what does equal genious?</font>


Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 06:20 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ravenguy2000:

Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

</font>

then why isnt kurt a musical genius?

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

ravenguy2000
04-06-2002, 06:26 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
then why isnt kurt a musical genius?

</font>

Because I don't think he was anymore than a good songwriter.

The Patient
04-06-2002, 06:27 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
then why isnt kurt a musical genius?

</font>

he's prolly gonna say cuz he's not an extraordinary intellectual... i don't even know if i'd call kurt a musical genius... i mean, Mozart is a musical genius. Cobain was just a great songwriter

------------------
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/12.02.99/gifs/gangstarr-9948.jpg

One of us, equals many of us
Disrespect one of us, you'll see plenty of us

aim - shesellsmelsd

tear stained glass
04-06-2002, 06:27 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
the 80's fuckin sucked balls.
</font>The eighties fuckin' sucked balls?!?!?!?

New Order
Depeche Mode
Sonic Youth
The Smiths
The Cure
Kraftwerk
Jane's Addiction
The Pixies
R.E.M.

Bitch.

The Patient
04-06-2002, 06:28 PM
New Order
Depeche Mode
Sonic Youth
The Smiths
The Cure
Kraftwerk
Jane's Addiction
The Pixies


yep, the 80's were pretty whack.

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 06:28 PM
yeah the 80s def sucks balls.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

Ihaman
04-06-2002, 06:29 PM
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

Graveflower
04-06-2002, 06:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by tear stained glass:
Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
the 80's fuckin sucked balls.
</font>The eighties fuckin' sucked balls?!?!?!?

New Order
Depeche Mode
Sonic Youth
The Smiths
The Cure
Kraftwerk
Jane's Addiction
The Pixies
R.E.M.

Bitch.

Kraftwerk were a 70's band, but yeah.

Dream Syndicate
Rain Parade
Leaving Trains
Public Enemy
NWA
The Replacements
Husker Du
Minor Threat
Bad Brains

Yeah, the 80's were a complete wasteland.

ravenguy2000
04-06-2002, 06:29 PM
There was an awful lot of excellent music made in the 80's. Just as there has been in any other decade. The notion that music quality is controlled by the Earth rotating 365 times (or 364 for leap year) ten times is horseshit. The good music is always there, you just have to find it.

The Patient
04-06-2002, 06:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ihaman:
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif</font>

fag

The Gaddrow
04-06-2002, 06:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Patient:
then what does equal genious?</font>
The word "genius" + the letter "o" = genious

<font size=1>Sorry, someone had to say something.

NinjaTurtle
04-06-2002, 06:44 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Originally posted by The Patient:
then what does equal genious?</font>
The word "genius" + the letter "o" = genious

<font size=1>Sorry, someone had to say something.



....anal.....frigging..... i hate you.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

The Gaddrow
04-06-2002, 06:54 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
<font size=1>....anal.....frigging..... i hate you.</font></font>

MUZZLER
04-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Call me stupid but No Nirvana = No pumpkins = No netphoria = all of us bsing on the britney boards.

Boseph
04-06-2002, 07:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ravenguy2000:
lol, he's one of the best songwriters of his generation. The man had talent pouring out of his ears.</font>

exactly. that is why i consider him a musical genius.

there is a big difference between a genius and a musical genius.

Stupid&Contagious
04-06-2002, 10:31 PM
All this petty argueing over if he was this or that or not.
His music makes me cry. What more is there than that when you're alone in the dark?

ravenguy2000
04-06-2002, 10:33 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MUZZLER:
No Nirvana = No pumpkins </font>

um, no.

Aeroplane
04-06-2002, 10:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ravenguy2000:
There was an awful lot of excellent music made in the 80's. Just as there has been in any other decade. The notion that music quality is controlled by the Earth rotating 365 times (or 364 for leap year) ten times is horseshit. The good music is always there, you just have to find it.</font>

Amen, brother! Preach it! (Oh, btw, it's 366 days a leap years. Just thought I'd let you know. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif)

Eulogy
04-06-2002, 10:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MUZZLER:
Call me stupid but No Nirvana = No pumpkins = No netphoria = all of us bsing on the britney boards.</font>

You have to be joking.

Ihaman
04-06-2002, 10:48 PM
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

Elvis The Fat Years
04-06-2002, 10:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MUZZLER:
Call me stupid but No Nirvana = No pumpkins = No netphoria = all of us bsing on the britney boards.</font>

that's just sad.

Aeroplane
04-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Know what? One day in the near future, when there's a rock revolution (started by me - just need a drummer and a bass player), all the Britneyphiles are going to be on their equivalent messageboard bitching about how music has gone down hill. Where's all the real music? The pop? The genius? It's their turn. Soon, it will be our turn again.
"Exxxxcellent."

NinjaTurtle
04-07-2002, 04:06 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Stupid&Contagious:
All this petty argueing over if he was this or that or not.
His music makes me cry. What more is there than that when you're alone in the dark?</font>

a gorrilla.
...what the fuck....?....

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

bonsor
04-07-2002, 11:07 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MUZZLER:
Call me stupid but No Nirvana = No pumpkins = No netphoria = all of us bsing on the britney boards.</font>

not werd

Elvis The Fat Years
04-07-2002, 12:00 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
a gorrilla.

</font>

he comes in your room too?

So very sad about me
04-07-2002, 05:13 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MUZZLER:
Call me stupid but No Nirvana = No pumpkins = No netphoria = all of us bsing on the britney boards.</font>

Well, you are fucking stupid, so yes.

Pumpkins began around 88-89....
Same time as Nirvana....

*gasp*



------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/sex.gif
You want to sleep with common people like me (http://smampy.livejournal.com)

bonsor
04-07-2002, 05:15 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
Well, you are fucking stupid, so yes.

Pumpkins began around 88-89....
Same time as Nirvana....

*gasp*</font> Not to mention about 1500 miles away from eachother.

NinjaTurtle
04-07-2002, 05:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years:
he comes in your room too?</font>

sometimes twice.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

Graveflower
04-07-2002, 05:44 PM
I'm assuming he meant that Nirvana basically made it possible for the Pumpkins to get a major label deal, and this for us to hear of them. This is, of course not true, as the pumpkins were signed to Caroline before Nevermind came out, and released Gish before Nevermind came out. Caroline is, of course, a subsidary of Virgin, and it was always planned that they would release it on the "indepenedent" branch of Virgin, to allow the band to maintain some semblance of indie cred before really making the major jump.

So, basically, he's still wrong.

NinjaTurtle
04-07-2002, 05:49 PM
you think too much.

------------------
Close this wOrld, txEn eht nEpo
aim - Tsai707

Graveflower
04-07-2002, 05:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
you think too much.

</font>

Of course, I find that far more desirable than being a complete airhead.

NegaBenji
04-07-2002, 06:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MUZZLER:
Call me stupid but No Nirvana = No pumpkins = No netphoria = all of us bsing on the britney boards.</font>

Ok, stupid.

PkPhuoko
04-07-2002, 07:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
if you dont think grunge pulled us out of a musical hole then fine</font>

<font size=9> NEWSFLASH: GRUNGE WAS A MUSICAL HOLE!

PkPhuoko
04-07-2002, 07:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
the unplugged mtv show proved that.

</font>

you're talking about the one where they played a handfull of songs from their first album and multiple cover songs?

There was another band that made it big on playing sloppy riffs with scratchy vocals.... only difference is they were doing it years before Nirvana formed... they were called the pixies.

TelsaCoilBoy
04-07-2002, 08:30 PM
You can always count on a good ol dose of humility from Pk!


This thread is just jam-packed with epiphanies.

Travis Meeks
04-07-2002, 08:54 PM
they were a neat, unique band
not that talented
he shouldn't be mourned the way his, he wasn't that special in my eyes
pumpkins would be here regardless of Kurt
his impact on music is smaller than most thing

------------------
Chance and chance alone has a message for us. Everything that occurs out of necessity, everything expected, repeated day in and day out, is mute. Only chance can speak to us. We read its message much as gypsies read the images made by coffee grounds at the bottom of a cup."