View Full Version : celtics remind you of lakers?

silent_brian13
08-09-2007, 03:43 PM
when they signed karl malone and gary the glove? if they get reggie, it just might be enough in the east

oclaftap
08-09-2007, 04:04 PM
reggie is 42. if he still has his shot which is hard to lose he'll be able to help but their bench worries me

silent_brian13
08-09-2007, 04:05 PM
i was thinking put him in the last few minutes of every quarter.

im pretty sure he can still shoot

MusicMan4
08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
no

you dumb ass
payton and malone were at the end of their careers

Trotskilicious
08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
it's fairly obvious how desperate the celtics are to fill in holes on that bench

I don't really see any reason why to think that they will be markedly better than teams like Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, and even Washington.

Nimrod's Son
08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
NJ will win the east as long as everyone stays healthy

silent_brian13
08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
it's fairly obvious how desperate the celtics are to fill in holes on that bench

I don't really see any reason why to think that they will be markedly better than teams like Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, and even Washington.

well cleveland is a one man show, if lebron can will that shit hole of a team to the finals, than KG can will paul and ray to the playoffs atleast.

miami? on a downslide really...toronto still lacks experience....washington can't beat....the...

Bulls. you forgot them. Bulls and Pistons =the best in the east.

Trotskilicious
08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
roofles @ nimrod

in other sports news, those new Chargers unis are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Trotskilicious
08-09-2007, 04:14 PM
bulls have no frontcourt

washington would have gotten out of the first round if arenas was healthy

cleveland may be a "one man show" but they have more bench strength than the Celtics. No seriously, who is supposed to rest the big old three? Naw, all three of them are gonna be hurt the whole season. They traded five guys for one dude. Dumb.

Nimrod's Son
roofles @ nimrod

in other sports news, those new Chargers unis are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
they were the best team in the east last year when healthy. losing jefferson and carter hurt a lot

Trotskilicious
and miami > bulls, easily.

Trotskilicious
08-09-2007, 04:15 PM
they were the best team in the east last year when healthy. losing jefferson and carter hurt a lot

sadly, both those guys are hurt a lot every season

you can't just look at the paper and act like these guys are gonna be healthy all season

even then they aren't the best team in the east, even if that's like being king of the shitpile.

Trotskilicious
08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
oh and orlando is gonna be way better this year, don't forget, and the Knicks are going to be much improved, making a run at the 7-8 spots. The East looks way more competative this year, but they still can't even sniff at the best teams in the west.

MusicMan4
08-09-2007, 04:19 PM
nets are gonna trade jefferson for Jermaine O'Neal aka IRON MAN and hell play the whole season and lead them to greatness

MusicMan4
08-09-2007, 04:20 PM
the spurs are gonna repeat even though greg poppvocigh doesnt give a shit

Trotskilicious
08-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Teams that won't make the playoffs are in parentheses.

Toronto, New York, New Jersey, Boston (Philadelphia)
Orlando, Miami, Washington (Atlanta, Charlotte)
Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland (Indiana, Milwaukee)

like that's ummm 10 teams for 8 playoff spots, and I wouldn't be surprised at competative play out of Philly, Milwaukee, and perhaps even Indiana if J O'Neal doesn't move.

neopryn
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
in other sports news, those new Chargers unis are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeetyeah

i saw that commercial with them and just kind of sat there stunned. if i was willing to wear a football jersey i would buy one.

Chuck=Zero
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
First reaction of most people to the Celtics' signings are that they can definately win the East, and everyone's also quick to cite that Lebron basically got to the Finals by himself last year. I haven't bothered to take a look, but I'm wondering who the hell is on the Celtics roster besides the Big 3? The Celtics had to trade away, what, almost half their roster (and two draft picks) to pull this trade off, right? As much credit as James gets for taking the Cavs to the Finals, the thing most people forget or fail to realize is that the players around him, while offensively-inept, were great defenders. I doubt that the remaining outcasts on the Celtics after this trade are any good on the defensive side of the court.

The Celtics got themsevles a ticket to the playoffs with this trade, but I don't think they'll be in the NBA Finals, let alone the Conference Finals. I don't know what to make of the East, though I do know that the Philadelphia 76ers will suck, once more. I love how my team keeps on urging it's dwindling fanbase to be patient, while the rest of the division is building up.

silent_brian13
08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
yeah

i saw that commercial with them and just kind of sat there stunned. if i was willing to wear a football jersey i would buy one.

living in san diego...they are alright. people are kind of questioning the pussy powder blue.

anyway, the east is horrible. the bulls, detroit, and cavs are cream of the crop...i'd bet 2 of them don't get as far as they did this past year. every year in the east its some one new, besides the nets and detroit.

and i did forget about orlando...

Trotskilicious
08-10-2007, 12:47 AM
dwight howard is only going to get better

powder blue rules, you guys are blind. The fact that they are wearing white helmets now make it easier to switch out home unis

celluloid_love
08-10-2007, 12:50 AM
sports forum

Trotskilicious
08-10-2007, 12:56 AM
so have you been trying to be one of the worst boarders here because you are definitely succeeding.