View Full Version : If you could eliminate one person from history....

Crippler
02-14-2002, 02:54 PM
<font color="aquamarine">Who would it be and why?

My pick is Joseph Stalin, because to put it bluntly, he fucked Russia, a country that today should be ten times stronger than it is given it's population, culture, and natural resources.

It's true, it's true.

------------------
Nothing like having Political Science at 9:30 a.m. on a Friday...especially when your instructor is a chubby, humourless Jerry Seinfeld who sports a backpack and a shit-eating grin (http://firekatze.diaryland.com).<font color="black">

[This message has been edited by Crippler (edited 02-14-2002).]

So very sad about me
02-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Hitler of course.....i have a feeling life today would be a lot different if he'd never been born.

------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/sex.gif
You want to sleep with common people like me (http://smampy.livejournal.com)

Crippler
02-14-2002, 03:01 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
Hitler of course.....i have a feeling life today would be a lot different if he'd never been born.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">For me, Hitler is #3. I still think the root of Germany's problems goes back to Otto von Bismark, who is my #2. #4 for me, no surprises, is Osama.

It's true, it's true.

So very sad about me
02-14-2002, 03:13 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Crippler:
<font color="aquamarine">For me, Hitler is #3. I still think the root of Germany's problems goes back to Otto von Bismark, who is my #2. #4 for me, no surprises, is Osama.

It's true, it's true.</font>

I really dislike Charlie Sheen
And Saddam Hussein.....i think us fighting him back in 90 is a lot of what's fueled Bin Laden to come after us now....

Mayfuck
02-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Jesus.

spaceboy147
02-14-2002, 04:48 PM
Ulf Samuelsson

Random Female
02-14-2002, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't change a thing because I believe that everything happened for a reason, and if one tiny altering was changed in the past most of us wouldn't even be alive.
And Russia's fucked up state is not due directly to Stalin. They try to operate on a Federal system with a high centralized government (like Sweden) or dictatorship when the country is just too damn big to operate like that. The country needs to be broken up into states like the US or become 2 or 3 independent countries within itself.

Ammy
02-14-2002, 04:58 PM
adam and or eve. stop all the trouble where it started..

oh hell, that snake! yes, the snake.

Irrelevant
02-14-2002, 05:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Jesus.</font>

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Bill Buckner. That fucker. We were ONE FUCKING OUT away from winning the world series!

------------------
http://www.abortiontv.com/images/Fetus-18Weeks.JPG

^Agony_Imp^
02-14-2002, 05:18 PM
you're all liars.

you know you wouldn't be so selfless given the chance, that idiot who sat behind you in biology and constantly threw things at the back of yoru head would be first on your list.

or one of your parents.

or yourself.

it has to be one of those.

strange_one
02-14-2002, 05:18 PM
<font color=FF00FF> Michael Bolton

------------------
http://www.lilli.clara.net/freesaver/thumbs/iron.jpg
Your Time Will Come

Ammy
02-14-2002, 05:19 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ^Agony_Imp^:
you're all liars.

you know you wouldn't be so selfless given the chance, that idiot who sat behind you in biology and constantly threw things at the back of yoru head would be first on your list.

or one of your parents.

or yourself.

it has to be one of those.</font>

you're an idiot. if i were to actuallybe given a gun and a time machine, i would really really think about who to kill first...

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:20 PM
you're all liars.

</font>

there's a difference between wanting someone dead and wanting someone to have never been born... idiot. Don't put your words in my mouth... they taste like you... ick.

------------------

^Agony_Imp^
02-14-2002, 05:21 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:
you're an idiot. if i were to actuallybe given a gun and a time machine, i would really really think about who to kill first...
</font>

i'd shoot the guy who owned the machine and then steal it.

think of how much fun you'd have.

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:23 PM
i'd shoot the guy who owned the machine and then steal it.

think of how much fun you'd have.</font>

let me see if I understand this... you want me to think about how much fun I'd have if you stole someone's time machine... I don't get it.

------------------

So very sad about me
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Patient:
Don't put your words in my mouth... they taste like you... ick.

</font>

*giggle*

Ammy
let me see if I understand this... you want me to think about how much fun I'd have if you stole someone's time machine... I don't get it.

</font>

*giggle*

^Agony_Imp^
02-14-2002, 05:24 PM
</font>

good point.

i'd lend it to you.

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:26 PM
good point.

i'd lend it to you.</font>

sweet. but dude... if you took the time machine and went back in time to the day it was invented, you could take that time machine with you in the time machine you already have, then you'd have 2 time machines... and you could just keep doing that.

------------------

NinjaTurtle
02-14-2002, 05:28 PM
malcolm X ...... fuckin trouble maker...

------------------
the kids ass is a duck

beever
02-14-2002, 05:28 PM
I would eliminate Nostradamus!!

Think about it, none of his predictions would have come troo....

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by strange_one:

</font>

NEXT!

------------------

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by NinjaTurtle:
malcolm X ...... fuckin trouble maker...

</font>

you're a bad person. bad bad bad.

------------------

meow
02-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Christopher Columbus

The Patient
02-14-2002, 05:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by meow:
Christopher Columbus</font>

americo vespucci?

------------------

Never_Nohen
02-14-2002, 05:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by strange_one:

</font>

I second that.

And I wish you'd change your font color. I always thing you're Rhonda.

ravenguy2000
02-14-2002, 05:47 PM
http://goatee.net/photo/web/2001/07/11-nora-goth-1.jpg
myself.

soma
02-14-2002, 05:50 PM
pakula.

Stupid&Contagious
02-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Jesus (For fucking up Rome)
Nero (For fucking up Rome)xxxxx (For fucking up Rome)
I mean jeez how many people do I have to kill before I get an Orgy???
hmm...maybe I should just kill God
There we go...
oops someone beat me to it.
Then I'll just second or third or whatever and say "myself" because really that just solves all my problems, now doesn't it?

bittertrance
02-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Sway

undivinemartyr
02-14-2002, 06:19 PM
Myself. : (

But look at it this way, Steve.
If all those people were eliminated from history, and they didn't do all the bad things they did, I'm sure someone else would have done them eventually. The way I see it, human beings learn from their mistakes, or other peoples' mistakes. And hopefully, history does not repeat itself.

With Hitler having had happened, we are more culturally sensitive and aware of prejudice and all these things. You think we would be as accepting of other cultures and races if he never happened? Maybe we will be, but who can really tell?

Libby Gorgan
02-14-2002, 06:26 PM
The problem with eliminating people like Stalin, Jesus, Hitler & other major historical figures is that you may wind up wiping yourself out too, because you don't know how history would have gone if they hadn't been around. My vote would go for someone who hasn't put much numbers up on the scoreboard of history, but are real annoying in the present. Just off the top of my head, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna, and the fat dude that keeps creating boy bands come to mind.

^Agony_Imp^
02-14-2002, 06:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Libby Gorgan:
The problem with eliminating people like Stalin, Jesus, Hitler & other major historical figures is that you may wind up wiping yourself out too, because you don't know how history would have gone if they hadn't been around. My vote would go for someone who hasn't put much numbers up on the scoreboard of history, but are real annoying in the present. Just off the top of my head, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna, and the fat dude that keeps creating boy bands come to mind. </font>

What the fuck kind of username is that?

FearFactory
02-14-2002, 06:41 PM
<font color="orange">I've thought about this long and hard, and I've decided to eliminate Crippler so this thread would have never existed.

That, and he doesn't respond to his PMs.
</font>
<font color="red">

------------------
http://raversaregay.homestead.com/files/USA.gif
I'm hotter than the crack you're cookin' up, heat up!

The exploding boy
02-14-2002, 07:29 PM
No one. havent you learned that you can't change past events? Because then it will change so many things. Eliminate a lot of people in the process surely, and the opposite too. Because by eliminating someone as important in history as hitler well you change the fate of millions of people for the better i guess, but maybe also for the worse.(i'm sure i kill hitler tommorrow and some of you will never exist, it runs as deep as that). Who knows what might have happenned without Hitler? The german were so hopeless and bitter towards the rest of the world in the 30's because of the unfair conditions of the versailles treaty and Hitler responded to that. But if someone like Hitler hadn't come as soon, maybe their frustration would have grown even more through the years, and maybe someone even more dangerous (yeah i know it's hard to fathom, but maybe not that much) would have gotten in power. And without Hitler nuclear physicians like Hans Bethe and James Franck, who contributed a lot to the making of the atomic bomb would have remained in their country (their were jewish) and possibly provided Germany with the perfect weapon to exact revenge on the world. Of course it's all extremely hypothetical , but what i'm saying is, we see hitler as something awful that happenned in the history of mankind, and it is without any doubt. But maybe we avoided worse...maybe not, but maybe. In the end, history is best left alone.

The only thing i'd do if i went back into the past would be to buy shares of companies like microsoft, IBM, Rogers communication and such.... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/cool.gif

bittertrance
02-14-2002, 07:33 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The exploding boy:
No one. havent you learned that you can't change past events? Because then it will change so many things. Eliminate a lot of people in the process surely, and the opposite too. Because by eliminating someone as important in history as hitler well you change the fate of millions of people for the better i guess, but maybe also for the worse.(i'm sure i kill hitler tommorrow and some of you will never exist, it runs as deep as that). Who knows what might have happenned without Hitler? The german were so hopeless and bitter towards the rest of the world in the 30's because of the unfair conditions of the versailles treaty and Hitler responded to that. But if someone like Hitler hadn't come as soon, maybe their frustration would have grown even more through the years, and maybe someone even more dangerous (yeah i know it's hard to fathom, but maybe not that much) would have gotten in power. And without Hitler nuclear physicians like Hans Bethe and James Franck, who contributed a lot to the making of the atomic bomb would have remained in their country (their were jewish) and possibly provided Germany with the perfect weapon to exact revenge on the world. Of course it's all extremely hypothetical , but what i'm saying is, we see hitler as something awful that happenned in the history of mankind, and it is without any doubt. But maybe we avoided worse...maybe not, but maybe. In the end, history is best left alone.

The only thing i'd do if i went back into the past would be to buy shares of companies like microsoft, IBM, Rogers communication and such.... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/cool.gif</font>

ok, now just admit the pixies are good!

Stupid&Contagious
02-14-2002, 07:41 PM

The only thing i'd do if i went back into the past would be to buy shares of companies like microsoft, IBM, Rogers communication and such.... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/cool.gif</font>

But that's the point. Nobody here who's put any thought into their answer actually thinks that hitting the backspace key on
John Smith would accomplish what you want. But eleimnating Christ would make the world a very different place.

But there are a few not so old people among my friends or among my enemies whom it might be able to somewhat predict what they're lack of existence would do.
Imagine eliminating the person you most desperately wanted from history. How would you feel? What if you then forgot you did it? Or maybe the one she/he married was dating? What then?

The Sacred and Profane
02-14-2002, 07:46 PM
<font color=00ccff>I wouldn't eliminate Bismarck simply for the fact that he started looking more into Domestic Concerns than anything.

If anything, I'd pick Kaiser Wilhelm II, the little fuck-up asked for trouble and most certainly caused it by gaining his sphere of influence, killing 10 Million people during WW1 and I'm thinking was the spark of the Second World War.

killtheyouth
02-14-2002, 09:40 PM
whoever ends up marrying natalie portman

strange_one
02-14-2002, 09:46 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Never_Nohen:

And I wish you'd change your font color. I always thing you're Rhonda.</font>

<font color=FF00FF> sorry....I like this color though. rhonda's is darker anyway

------------------
http://www.lilli.clara.net/freesaver/thumbs/iron.jpg
Your Time Will Come

nevermind
02-14-2002, 09:50 PM
prolly that goddamned imperial leader of japan during WWII, that is...*if* he was even aware of the bullshit his army was pulling off. damn rumors.

what a ****....ugh.

aint it lovely how the japanese soldiers would stab bayonettes into the stomaches of pregenant women? and throw newborn babies off of cliffs hundreds of feet high?
and how they marched POW's for up to a hundred or so miles non-stop thru the disease filled forests as one after another would drop like fleas, just to kill each and every single one of them when they arrived to their destination?
its pathetic how humans can be trained and programmed to be so heartless.

joy to the world! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
fuck it.

aim - AnotherSpaceJam

raindrops + sunshowers
02-14-2002, 11:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by killtheyouth:
whoever ends up marrying natalie portman</font>

Graveflower
02-14-2002, 11:08 PM
God

Nate the Grate
02-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Buckner...and Ulf too.

CAM WOULD HAVE LED US TO THE CUP!!! DAMN YOU ULF!!! DAMN THE WHALERS!!!

The exploding boy
02-14-2002, 11:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by nevermind:
prolly that goddamned imperial leader of japan during WWII, that is...*if* he was even aware of the bullshit his army was pulling off. damn rumors.

what a ****....ugh.

aint it lovely how the japanese soldiers would stab bayonettes into the stomaches of pregenant women? and throw newborn babies off of cliffs hundreds of feet high?
and how they marched POW's for up to a hundred or so miles non-stop thru the disease filled forests as one after another would drop like fleas, just to kill each and every single one of them when they arrived to their destination?
its pathetic how humans can be trained and programmed to be so heartless.

joy to the world! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

</font>

no, they just had a different culture........................................... ..

Graveflower
02-14-2002, 11:48 PM
</font>

Wait, I forgot about this guy.

I withdraw my submission of 'God'.

darkagency
02-15-2002, 12:10 AM
Udo Dirkschnider....front man from the band Accept

killtheyouth
02-15-2002, 12:17 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:

I withdraw my submission of 'God'.</font>

how about you just say "Robert Smith" to spite him and take away 50% of the music he listens to.

Raskolnikov
02-15-2002, 12:23 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Jesus.</font>

I'm extremely curious as to why you choose this answer... I guess you or Irrelevant could answer that.

sean
02-15-2002, 12:27 AM
as a matter of fact, i was thinking today in class how if given the oppertunity, the LAST person id kill would be Hitler. you know how different a world would be??? it's inconcievable. i cant even begin to think of the outcomes that came from the world war and technologies that came from it, not to justify the millions of deaths for the sake of science, but seriously, it changed a lot of things

Calio6
02-15-2002, 02:14 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by So very sad about me:
I really dislike Charlie Sheen
And Saddam Hussein.....i think us fighting him back in 90 is a lot of what's fueled Bin Laden to come after us now....</font>

People say I look like him!!!

jupitergirl99
02-15-2002, 02:19 AM
my father

------------------
and i think my spaceship knows which way to go...

tear stained glass
02-15-2002, 02:39 AM
John Lennon. But then I'd go back and take his place and write all his songs. Then I'd become a political leader in the 80's.

nevermind
02-15-2002, 05:13 AM
no, they just had a different culture........................................... ..</font>

lol! what an idiot.
go waste yourself into another video game, fool.

Disarmed
02-15-2002, 05:14 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Calio6:
People say I look like him!!!</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

if there is a llama
02-15-2002, 10:30 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Libby Gorgan:
The problem with eliminating people like Stalin, Jesus, Hitler & other major historical figures is that you may wind up wiping yourself out too, because you don't know how history would have gone if they hadn't been around. My vote would go for someone who hasn't put much numbers up on the scoreboard of history, but are real annoying in the present. Just off the top of my head, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna, and the fat dude that keeps creating boy bands come to mind. </font>

Also, lets say you eliminate someone like Hitler. World War I set up the chaos and political void that allowed Hitler to come to power. If you eliminate Hitler, who is to say that someone else wouldn't come to who was just as evil, but more efficient, more competant, less paranoid, etc...

David

killtheyouth
02-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Hitler was the reason Germany lost World War 2, morons.

Buggle
02-15-2002, 01:07 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Crippler:
<font color="aquamarine">Who would it be and why?

My pick is Joseph Stalin, because to put it bluntly, he fucked Russia, a country that today should be ten times stronger than it is given it's population, culture, and natural resources.

It's true, it's true.

</font>

never heared of the 5 year plans? Stalin dragged russia into modernisation, it was about a centuary behind the rest of the world before he took power.

killtheyouth
02-15-2002, 01:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Buggle:

never heared of the 5 year plans? Stalin dragged russia into modernisation, it was about a centuary behind the rest of the world before he took power.</font>

he also killed over 20 million of his own citizens, and the 5 year plans were all total disasters. he also started the russians down the path of focusing on the military at the expense of everything else. thats what eventually caused the USSR to collapse and what lead to its current condition.

stalin sucked.

The exploding boy
02-15-2002, 01:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by nevermind:

lol! what an idiot.
go waste yourself into another video game, fool.

</font>

One would think trolls would be good at detecting sarcasm...THE JOKES ON YOU! LOLOLOLOL!

The exploding boy
02-15-2002, 01:42 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:

I withdraw my submission of 'God'.</font>

cool, i've been chosen over God. Thanks for confirming my theory that i am the most important person in this universe.

Buggle
02-15-2002, 01:47 PM
he also killed over 20 million of his own citizens, and the 5 year plans were all total disasters. he also started the russians down the path of focusing on the military at the expense of everything else. thats what eventually caused the USSR to collapse and what lead to its current condition.

stalin sucked.</font>

they weren't total disasters, they did change their targets to make sure they were all met but it dragged russia's economy forward by decades, though not as many decades as they had hoped. And Russia had been a militant country for a hell of a long time since everyone was trying to invade them all the damn time, hense the buffer zone. The USSR collapsed for a hell of a lot of reasons, it would be hard to blame military focus soley.

Buggle
02-15-2002, 01:48 PM

stalin sucked.</font>

they weren't total disasters, they did change their targets to make sure they were all met but it dragged russia's economy forward by decades, though not as many decades as they had hoped. And Russia had been a militant country for a hell of a long time since everyone was trying to invade them all the damn time, hense the buffer zone. The USSR collapsed for a hell of a lot of reasons, it would be hard to blame military focus soley.