lucky_13
01-12-2002, 12:41 AM
i have a good one.

Ihaman
01-12-2002, 12:43 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by lucky_13:
i have a good one. </font>

*in fat black woman voice*
is it that JAYSUS-AH intended for his babies to leeyave?
*/fat black woman*

------------------
http://polysonic.net/blender.gif
Matt
Head of space-based Weapons.
Polysonic.net (http://polysonic.net)

SPFreak37
01-12-2002, 12:44 AM
how can someone be pro-life and for the death penalty? does that make sense!?

actually it does because with abortion, you aren't giving the baby a chance at life, and with the death penalty, the person was already given the chance at life, but THEY FUCKED UP!

(this applies to confessed killers, or ones who are convicted to be guilty 110%)

------------------
dying of boredom...i'll try it all

Eulogy
01-12-2002, 12:45 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ihaman:
*in fat black woman voice*
is it that JAYSUS-AH intended for his babies to leeyave?
*/fat black woman*

</font>

Shut up

sickbadthing
01-12-2002, 12:46 AM
http://www.abortionfacts.com/image/2nd_level/pro-life.jpg

baby haters. you probably shake babies too.

Ihaman
01-12-2002, 12:47 AM
"im pro life for people who havent been raped or who are inable to pay for the baby, because i dont want my tax money going toward a baby that noone even wants, so im pro life just to middle class sluts, they shouldnt have abortions."

------------------
http://polysonic.net/blender.gif
Matt
Head of space-based Weapons.
Polysonic.net (http://polysonic.net)

Crippler
01-12-2002, 12:49 AM
<font color="aquamarine">I have a good reason for opposing casual abortion, and I'm not going to get into it now because I'm not interested in writing a two-page thesis paper on why casual abortion is wrong. However, I think that non-casual abortion is a good thing.

I also oppose the death penalty. I used to support it, but I changed my mind.

It's true, it's true.

Cactuar
01-12-2002, 12:51 AM
Yes they do, They believe that you shouldn't be allowed to kill living things.

lucky_13
01-12-2002, 12:51 AM
um this is just a casual question that just popped into my head but are men even allowed to have a set opinion on abortion? its not like it has such a severe effect on them.

sickbadthing
01-12-2002, 12:52 AM
http://www.abortionfacts.com/image/2nd_level/gavel.jpg

i just changed my mind. COAT HANGERS FOR ALL!

Ihaman
01-12-2002, 12:52 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Cactuar:
Yes they do, They believe that you shouldn't be allowed to kill living things.

</font>

...if we didnt kill living things, how far would we be?

Crippler
01-12-2002, 12:54 AM
um this is just a casual question that just popped into my head but are men even allowed to have a set opinion on abortion? its not like it has such a severe effect on them.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Yes, because what if a man had sex with a woman who got pregnant and subsequently wanted an abortion, and the man wanted her to have the kid even if he had to raise it on his own?

Crippler
01-12-2002, 12:54 AM
...if we didnt kill living things, how far would we be?</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

lucky_13
01-12-2002, 12:56 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Crippler:
<font color="aquamarine">Yes, because what if a man had sex with a woman who got pregnant and subsequently wanted an abortion, and the man wanted her to have the kid even if he had to raise it on his own? </font>
yeah but he doesn't have to deal with the nine months of pregnancy.

Cactuar
01-12-2002, 12:59 AM
...if we didnt kill living things, how far would we be?</font>

That.... is the lamest argument I have ever heard.

Crippler
01-12-2002, 01:00 AM
yeah but he doesn't have to deal with the nine months of pregnancy.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">It's a small price to pay for a baby she'll never have to see again in nine month's time.

It's true, it's true.

Helena Handbasket
01-12-2002, 01:11 AM
It's why god (yes, god, motherfuckers) invented adoption, there should be no reasons for needing an abortion. (although I'm sure all you smartasses will think of a few)

Cactuar
01-12-2002, 01:14 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
It's why god (yes, god, motherfuckers) invented adoption, there should be no reasons for needing an abortion. (although I'm sure all you smartasses will think of a few)</font>

Why should a baby who is not wanted be brought into the world? Why should it be put through the suffering of never knowing it's real parents?

Crippler
01-12-2002, 01:15 AM
It's why god (yes, god, motherfuckers) invented adoption, there should be no reasons for needing an abortion. (although I'm sure all you smartasses will think of a few)</font>

<font color="aquamarine">What kind of anti-liberal woman are you, bitch?! Do you not realize that God has no place in a truly enlightened society, and unless you intend to bury us in your backwards minded, conservative drivel about God, then I suggest you drop your stance, give in to our future and become pro-choice!

Crippler
01-12-2002, 01:17 AM
Why should a baby who is not wanted be brought into the world? Why should it be put through the suffering of never knowing it's real parents?</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Because everyone deserves life, even the unborn.

Mayfuck
01-12-2002, 02:13 AM
<font color="aquamarine">Because everyone deserves life, even the unborn.</font></font>

Child bearer's life > unborn child

Sorry.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:14 AM
there are hundreds of couples that want to adopt every day because they can't have a baby. if someone cant take care of their baby they have no right to just kill it off.

Crippler
01-12-2002, 02:15 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Child bearer's life > unborn child

Sorry.</font>

<font color="aquamarine">No, it's not, unless the child bearer's life is in immediate danger.<font color="black">

[This message has been edited by Crippler (edited 01-12-2002).]

Mark LeDrew
01-12-2002, 02:17 AM
I say fuck the unborn. RU486 for everybody!

------------------
http://members.home.net/mjledrew/cubejap.gif

"In the mud, on your knees
Trying hard not to please
Anyone, all the time
Being a rebel's fine
But you go all the way to being brutal"

Mayfuck
01-12-2002, 02:20 AM
<font color="aquamarine">No, it's not, unless the child bearer's life is in immediate danger.<font color="black">

[This message has been edited by Crippler (edited 01-12-2002).]</font>

Now you contradict your 'everyone deserves life' statement :/

lucky_13
01-12-2002, 02:20 AM
Let me ask you a question
RU-486?
If you are, we can F each other
Cause 3 donít fit under the covers

Mayfuck
01-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Let me ask you a question
RU-486?
If you are, we can F each other
Cause 3 donít fit under the covers </font>

That was so lame it made me giggle.

Comedy Doesn't Pay
01-12-2002, 02:26 AM
If people would just wait until they are married to have sex, then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Crippler
01-12-2002, 02:27 AM
Now you contradict your 'everyone deserves life' statement :/</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Sooner or later, every ideal is going to contradict itself, mein freund.

Maybe my statement about people deserving life, admittingly, shouldn't have been so black-and-white.

It's true, it's true.

SuckSuckStyle
01-12-2002, 02:27 AM
I know someone younger than me and she's had 3 abortions. I dont say abortions should be illegal, I just think she should be beaten.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/jamesismyho/squirrel.txt

N (http://www.geocities.com/jamesismyho/edits.html) is for nuts.

[This message has been edited by SuckSuckStyle (edited 01-12-2002).]

Crippler
01-12-2002, 02:28 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Comedy Doesn't Pay:
If people would just wait until they are married to have sex, then this wouldn't even be an issue. </font>

<font color="aquamarine">Get your backwards, hypocritical, conservative ideals OUT OF MY FACE!

Seriously, this isn't true at all.

phaedrus
01-12-2002, 02:36 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sickbadthing:
i just changed my mind. COAT HANGERS FOR ALL!</font>

if pro-lifers had their way that would be the type of option women would have to turn to.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:41 AM
they shouldn't have sex if they know they don't want to raise a child. abortion is an easy option for them to murder their own mistakes. its not the baby's fault it was brought into the world by an irresponsible parent. if they do make the mistake and ending up getting pregnant than they should give the baby up for adoption like I said in my other post. they have no right to murder

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:47 AM
pro-life people get a bad name when lunatics go around killing abortion doctors. they are doing the opposite of what they are fighting for and don't accomplish anything. its our gvt's fault for ever allowing legal murder(abortion) in the first place.

Crippler
01-12-2002, 02:48 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by phaedrus:
if pro-lifers had their way that would be the type of option women would have to turn to.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">And that shows you just how stupid and thoughtless people can be.

The exploding boy
01-12-2002, 03:32 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sickbadthing:
i just changed my mind. COAT HANGERS FOR ALL!</font>

IT reminds me that part in south park movie. What is it? "was my mom being careful when she stabbed with a coat hanger when i was in her womb?" or soemthing like that.

------------------
http://novacoma.homestead.com/files/sig9.JPG
~How can it (http://www.mp3.com/novacoma) not know what it (http://www.mp3.com/7ven) is?~

Lie
01-12-2002, 11:02 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Flebath:
they shouldn't have sex if they know they don't want to raise a child. abortion is an easy option for them to murder their own mistakes. its not the baby's fault it was brought into the world by an irresponsible parent. </font>

No, it's more like people shouldn't have sex unless they're prepared to deal with a possible pregnancy by whatever means necessary. I don't buy into the whole argument that you can't have sex unless you're prepared to start a family, because nearly all the people who use that argument plan on starting a family at sometime or another, and it makes me think, well, hey, it's great that you've got that all worked out neatly for yourself, but having children is a lifestyle choice and there are actually people in this world who never want to have children -- should they never be allowed to have sex?

And no, it's not the baby's fault. Which is why they shouldn't have to live with it. Having a child at the wrong time can ruin multiple lives, and to me that isn't worth it.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

BeautifulLoser
01-12-2002, 11:32 AM
I dunno, I consider it murder, therefore a sin...

But then I also believe, it's a woman's body, she can do with it what she wants.

So if a woman wants to go to hell, it's her choice. *shrug*

Lie
01-12-2002, 12:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by BeautifulLoser:
I dunno, I consider it murder, therefore a sin...

But then I also believe, it's a woman's body, she can do with it what she wants.

So if a woman wants to go to hell, it's her choice. *shrug*</font>

Aw, how sweet. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

------------------

BeautifulLoser
01-12-2002, 12:54 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Lie:
Aw, how sweet. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

bonsor
01-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Church and state are to remain seperate. To make laws based on what a religion should think other people's morals are is unconstitutional.

There was a debate in my English class about this. The prolifers in my class argued this:

Them: If you had a puppy, and you didn't want it anymore, would you kill it or give it away?
Me: I'd give it away, of course.
Them: So what makes you think the life of a puppy is of any more value than an unborn baby?
Me: You hunt, right?
Them: Yes, I do.
Me: So, what makes you think that the life of an elk is of any less value than that of a puppy, or an unborn baby?
Them: That's a different thing entirely!
Me: Why?
Them: Because we only shoot the male ones, and we eat it.
Me: ... So, by your logic, eating the aborted fetus makes abortion ok?

*bell rings. They leave*

I'm going to try to assume that all prolifers aren't this stupid.

BeautifulLoser
01-12-2002, 01:05 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
Church and state are to remain seperate. To make laws based on what a religion should think other people's morals are is unconstitutional.

There was a debate in my English class about this. The prolifers in my class argued this:

Them: If you had a puppy, and you didn't want it anymore, would you kill it or give it away?
Me: I'd give it away, of course.
Them: So what makes you think the life of a puppy is of any more value than an unborn baby?
Me: You hunt, right?
Them: Yes, I do.
Me: So, what makes you think that the life of an elk is of any less value than that of a puppy, or an unborn baby?
Them: That's a different thing entirely!
Me: Why?
Them: Because we only shoot the male ones, and we eat it.
Me: ... So, by your logic, eating the aborted fetus makes abortion ok?

*bell rings. They leave*

I'm going to try to assume that all prolifers aren't this stupid.</font>

Hahaha, you kick ass.. you're definitely one of the guys I would have hung out with if I were still in high school.

By the way, if that was in response to my "murder is a sin" comment, I was pointing out that I think it should still be the woman's choice... I agree, religion should be seperate. Just because I think it's wrong doesn't mean it's not ok to someone else.

After all, there's still that big debate on when life begins. Some people believe it's when the cells begin to divide, some believe it begins when the baby comes out of the womb. It's impossible to judge.

[This message has been edited by BeautifulLoser (edited 01-12-2002).]

bonsor
01-12-2002, 01:13 PM
My grandmother (who is a republican, much to my surprise because of her leftist views) had a really good idea for regulating abortion. I can't quite remember what she said, but it was really interesting. I'll try to get it from her and pass it onto you guys sometime soon.

bonsor
01-12-2002, 01:18 PM
After all, there's still that big debate on when life begins. Some people believe it's when the cells begin to divide, some believe it begins when the baby comes out of the womb. It's impossible to judge.</font>This is the main issue at hand, and anyone who doesn't know anything about what goes on in the womb shouldn't talk about it and act like their opinion is valid.

The way I see it, if the fetus cannot survive outside of the womb, it is not alive. If it can come out and still survive, then it is alive. If it can't, it isn't. That just my uneducated opinion.

BeautifulLoser
01-12-2002, 01:23 PM
This is the main issue at hand, and anyone who doesn't know anything about what goes on in the womb shouldn't talk about it and act like their opinion is valid.

The way I see it, if the fetus cannot survive outside of the womb, it is not alive. If it can come out and still survive, then it is alive. If it can't, it isn't. That just my uneducated opinion.</font>

That makes sense. I still think it's wrong to kill a child that's in your body, even if it can't live on it's own.

[This message has been edited by BeautifulLoser (edited 01-12-2002).]

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:15 PM
murder is murder no matter how you look at it.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:18 PM
And no, it's not the baby's fault. Which is why they shouldn't have to live with it. Having a child at the wrong time can ruin multiple lives, and to me that isn't worth it.
</font>

so they can just kill of something they caused in the first place? they have no right to murder a child that they produced. no one forced them to do it.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:21 PM
[B]Church and state are to remain seperate. To make laws based on what a religion should think other people's morals are is unconstitutional.
[B]</font>

regardless of what religion you believe in, murder is murder. you can't get away murdering an adult, so why should an innocent baby be killed off just because its parents think they can't raise it.

[This message has been edited by Flebath (edited 01-12-2002).]

Smack Me In My Mouth
01-12-2002, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see some definitions of the word "murder" before I take my stand.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 02:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smack Me In My Mouth:
I'd like to see some definitions of the word "murder" before I take my stand.</font>

1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought

from http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

Smack Me In My Mouth
01-12-2002, 02:46 PM
1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought
</font>

But abortion is legal. Therefore, it's not "unlawful", so you've no legs to stand on.

[This message has been edited by Smack Me In My Mouth (edited 01-12-2002).]

Graveflower
01-12-2002, 03:50 PM
<font color="aquamarine">And that shows you just how stupid and thoughtless people can be.</font></font>

It's true though, before abortions were legal, women would shove coat hangers in their vaginas, or have doctors perform illegal abortions which were often done with dirty equipment, or done completely wrong, and the women themselves would end up dying.

Nothing/everything
01-12-2002, 04:09 PM
I want to throw in something else:

People who have troubles with getting children sometimes use IVF. With IVF (in vitro fertilisation) about 20 eggcells are taken and fertilized. So those are living embroys. One of those (the best one) gets implanted, the other ones are thrown away.(until some years ago, in some countries these embryos are used in stemcell research.) They are created just to be sure to get an ok embryo.

Why is IVF widely accepted, and abortion not?

Helena Handbasket
01-12-2002, 04:29 PM
they shouldn't have sex if they know they don't want to raise a child. abortion is an easy option for them to murder their own mistakes. its not the baby's fault it was brought into the world by an irresponsible parent. if they do make the mistake and ending up getting pregnant than they should give the baby up for adoption like I said in my other post. they have no right to murder</font>

Graveflower
01-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Un "unborn baby" isn't even a baby until a certain point in development. Why isn't it ok to get an abortion before then?

Injektilo
01-12-2002, 04:57 PM

This is the main issue at hand, and anyone who doesn't know anything about what goes on in the womb shouldn't talk about it and act like their opinion is valid.

The way I see it, if the fetus cannot survive outside of the womb, it is not alive. If it can come out and still survive, then it is alive. If it can't, it isn't. That just my uneducated opinion.</font>

exactly. The whole debate centres around what each person feels is a human being. if we all agree that killing humans is wrong, and agree that a fetus is a human, then there is no way to justify abortion. if we agree that a fetus isn't a human being, then there's nothing wrong with abortion cause your're just getting rid of unwanted cells like a haircut or something.
So, it all comes down to what makes a bunch of cells a human. i don't follow your idea ******, because i personally was born 5 weeks before i was due. kids born before the 9 months can still survive, so it seems like a bit of a technicality to call the line at "when the umbilical cord is cut"

my personal definition is it becomes a human when brain waves first appear. though everyone else has their own definition i suppose.

------------------
how'd this world get so fucking fun, all of a sudden?

Injektilo
01-12-2002, 05:01 PM

</font>

I think that saying men can't have an opinion on abortion is like saying women can't have an opinon on how moral war is. after all, men are 99.99% of the soldiers world wide, so women should just forget their opinions on it.
if a man thinks abortion is murder, it probably affects them. so yeah, men can have an opinion on abortion.

translucent
01-12-2002, 05:05 PM
what an arrogant post. look, i'm very republican, and i do not support abortion, and i'll give you a damn good reason... when at any time human life is made it is life reguardless of the circumstances. from that point on we have the right to choose right from wrong. when someone chooses wrong, they have to live with the consequences and sometimes the consequence is the death penalty.

brit

Flebath
01-12-2002, 05:19 PM
But abortion is legal. Therefore, it's not "unlawful", so you've no legs to stand on.

[This message has been edited by Smack Me In My Mouth (edited 01-12-2002).]</font>

your trying to twist things around. abortion should not be legal in the first place because it is killing someone.

bonsor
01-12-2002, 05:23 PM
your trying to twist things around. abortion should not be legal in the first place because it is killing someone. </font>
Define "Kill"

Graveflower
01-12-2002, 05:26 PM
No, define "someone".

When it's just an embryo, is it a person? Yes, it could develop into a person, but that's a huge fucking difference.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Flebath:
your trying to twist things around. abortion should not be legal in the first place because it is killing someone. </font>
Define "Kill"

i would define it as taking a life.

Flebath
01-12-2002, 05:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Graveflower:
No, define "someone".

When it's just an embryo, is it a person? Yes, it could develop into a person, but that's a huge fucking difference.</font>

its really a big debate when it comes down to that. I believe life begins at conception. I think human life is present throughout the entire progression of conception to adulthood. Any break at any point terminates the human life.

Lie
01-12-2002, 09:59 PM
What's all this talk about life? Fucking bacteria is life. Boy, am I gonna catch it for this one.

If I was feeling more energetic right now, I could go for hours, but I'm not, so, bye.

------------------

Billy'sFetus
01-12-2002, 10:52 PM
Ah yes, the slaughter of the innocent. It is a terrible crime. Yet, what what pleases me the most is, the women that have abortions never go unpunished. Guilt and depression devours most of them and they have nothing to look foward to except burning in Hell. For the ones that are completely heartless, they will get what's coming to them in one way or another.

------------------
Pestis eram vivus-moriens tua mors ero. -Martin Luther (not the King)

Nil sapientia odiosius acumine nimio. -Seneca

The exploding boy
01-12-2002, 11:00 PM
We only care about it because it's human. It's ridiculous in a way. We have no remorse when we kill animals for no real reason (yeah we eat them so? we don't have to). I think a cow for example fully developed is more a person then a fetus not even developed yet. But nobody cares that they die in millions killed by humans everyday, even i don't. I don't care about fetus being killed also though.

bonsor
01-12-2002, 11:00 PM
What's all this talk about life? Fucking bacteria is life. Boy, am I gonna catch it for this one.

If I was feeling more energetic right now, I could go for hours, but I'm not, so, bye.</font>This was one of the questions I asked as a little kid, then I realized how futile it was to tell my peers not to step on ants. I gave in and adopted the thought that human life was of more value than all other kinds. I'm weak.

I still think that abortions can be performed until a certain point where the baby can survive outside the mother's womb. Up until then, it is a parasite.

bittertrance
01-12-2002, 11:12 PM
vesectimies (sp?) for everyone.

Smack Me In My Mouth
01-13-2002, 10:44 AM
I believe life begins at conception. I think human life is present throughout the entire progression of conception to adulthood. Any break at any point terminates the human life.</font>

I think this is the most arrogant sentiment to yet manifest itself in this discussion. You're telling me that you think this country should dictate its laws around your beliefs. If I believed that pants were an abomination in the eyes of my God and lobbied to have them outlawed, you would fucking laugh at me, which is what I'm doing at you right now.

If you think abortion is murder, super. If you believe it's a sin, then that's just fine--don't get one. But don't try to curtail everyone else's freedom on the basis of your personal dogma. There's no room for fascist thought in the Constitution.

DeviousJ
01-13-2002, 11:05 AM
its really a big debate when it comes down to that. I believe life begins at conception. I think human life is present throughout the entire progression of conception to adulthood. Any break at any point terminates the human life.</font>

Do you masturbate? Do you feel guilty when you waste sperm because each one is a potential life that will never be? Saying life begins at the point of conception, when the baby is a single cell is a very extreme view to take, like saying a baby is not a human until the second it is born. Of course you're allowed your opinions, and that's fine. But why should people kowtow to your personal opinion on the matter? There are many situations where an abortion is the least destructive option in the circumstances, and your 'oh no you conceived it last night, it's too late now' posturing has no place in determining other people's destinies.

BeautifulLoser
01-13-2002, 11:06 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Injektilo:

men are 99.99% of the soldiers world wide</font>

And 74.67% of all statistics are made up.

Edit: Another reason that example is crap: Even if 99.99% of soldiers were male, there's still that .01% that are female, therefore they can have an opinion.

Not saying I wasn't taking your side, because I believe that men can have a dead set opinion, I'm just pointing out that that really wasn't a good example.

[This message has been edited by BeautifulLoser (edited 01-13-2002).]

Flebath
01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
I think this is the most arrogant sentiment to yet manifest itself in this discussion. You're telling me that you think this country should dictate its laws around your beliefs. If I believed that pants were an abomination in the eyes of my God and lobbied to have them outlawed, you would fucking laugh at me, which is what I'm doing at you right now.

If you think abortion is murder, super. If you believe it's a sin, then that's just fine--don't get one. But don't try to curtail everyone else's freedom on the basis of your personal dogma. There's no room for fascist thought in the Constitution.</font>

I want you to go back and show me one example of me discussing religion in my posts. Regardless of what you believe murder is considered murder. You attacked me without even reading any of my other posts is all I can figure out. Abortion is murder no matter how you look at. People like you have convinced themselves its not so you can feel better about yourself. My main argument is that it should not be legal and should not be such an easy option for people to wash their hands clean of something they caused in the first place.

Flebath
01-13-2002, 06:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
There are many situations where an abortion is the least destructive option in the circumstances, and your 'oh no you conceived it last night, it's too late now' posturing has no place in determining other people's destinies. </font>

So people should be allowed to just kill something they caused because it will affect their destiny. Please explain more.... So what if your neighbor gets on your nerves and somehow affects your way of living. According to you, it will ruin your destiny so I guess you should go next door and kill the neighbor. That would take care of the situation wouldn't it. Oh wait... that is taking another human life and is considered illegal. Abortion is no different. Our country has twisted it around to convince people that their is nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make sense.

Smack Me In My Mouth
01-13-2002, 07:11 PM
I want you to go back and show me one example of me discussing religion in my posts.

You might not have mentioned religion explicitly, but your one-minded dogmatism might as well be.

Regardless of what you believe murder is considered murder.

At least you have a firm grasp of the mind-numbingly obvious.

You attacked me without even reading any of my other posts is all I can figure out.

What line of reasoning did you use to come up with this conclusion?

Abortion is murder no matter how you look at.

I see; it's all clear now: you're an idiot, and worse, a fundamentalist idiot who's not even willing to acknowledge the fact that there is substantial and valid dissent to your dogmatics.

People like you have convinced themselves its not so you can feel better about yourself.

People like me? Tell me, in your intense psychological profile, did you uncover any other information about me, and people like me? Or--more likely--are you making a sweeping and ill-thought out judgement to try to reaffirm your egotistic position of moral superiority?

My main argument is that it should not be legal and should not be such an easy option for people to wash their hands clean of something they caused in the first place.

That's nice.</font>

Nothing/everything
01-13-2002, 07:15 PM
did any of the pro-life people read the thing i threw in?

DeviousJ
01-13-2002, 07:23 PM
So people should be allowed to just kill something they caused because it will affect their destiny. Please explain more.... So what if your neighbor gets on your nerves and somehow affects your way of living. According to you, it will ruin your destiny so I guess you should go next door and kill the neighbor. That would take care of the situation wouldn't it. Oh wait... that is taking another human life and is considered illegal. Abortion is no different. Our country has twisted it around to convince people that their is nothing wrong with it. It doesn't make sense.</font>

No, I said your opinion has no place in deciding a course of action - if you can't see the difference between a clear-cut case of murder and something that requires philosophical debate to even begin to define it, then you really don't have any place deciding what other people should do. Abortion is definitely something which shouldn't be entered into lightly, especially further into the pregnancy, and should be considered a last resort after other courses of action have been fully considered. But in some cases it is the best - or only - option. What if the pregnancy poses a serious risk to the mother's life? What if she is unable to support herself during the pregnancy? What if the woman was raped, and it is believed that having the baby will cause her very serious psychological damage? Can you really say that in every single case imaginable, an abortion at any point (which includes procedures withing the first few weeks) would be absolutely unacceptable? Because that's exactly what you're doing.

Flebath
01-13-2002, 07:54 PM
No, I said your opinion has no place in deciding a course of action - if you can't see the difference between a clear-cut case of murder Because that's exactly what you're doing.</font>

Taking a human life is no different no matter how you look at it.

But in some cases it is the best - or only - option. What if the pregnancy poses a serious risk to the mother's life? What if she is unable to support herself during the pregnancy? What if the woman was raped, and it is believed that having the baby will cause her very serious psychological damage? Can you really say that in every single case imaginable, an abortion at any point (which includes procedures withing the first few weeks) would be absolutely unacceptable? Because that's exactly what you're doing.</font>

Another post that already covers that

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Myself:
there are hundreds of couples that want to adopt every day because they can't have a baby. if someone cant take care of their baby they have no right to just kill it off.</font>

[This message has been edited by Flebath (edited 01-13-2002).]

Injektilo
01-13-2002, 07:59 PM
And 74.67% of all statistics are made up.

Edit: Another reason that example is crap: Even if 99.99% of soldiers were male, there's still that .01% that are female, therefore they can have an opinion.

Not saying I wasn't taking your side, because I believe that men can have a dead set opinion, I'm just pointing out that that really wasn't a good example.

[This message has been edited by BeautifulLoser (edited 01-13-2002).]</font>

I think its safe to say that throughout human history, 99.99% of the soldiers have been male.
but thats not 100%, so let me change it to a gang war composed ONLY of men should not concern women because there are no women involved.
My point was, just because a man can't get pregnant, it doesn't mean he can't care about abortion.

DeviousJ
01-13-2002, 08:18 PM
Another post that already covers that

Originally posted by Myself:
there are hundreds of couples that want to adopt every day because they can't have a baby. if someone cant take care of their baby they have no right to just kill it off.</font>

Yeah but if you bothered to read my post the examples I gave are ones where adoption is not an option. You'd think differently if a close relative or friend was pregnant and liable to die because of it.

BeautifulLoser
01-13-2002, 11:03 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Injektilo:
I think its safe to say that throughout human history, 99.99% of the soldiers have been male.
but thats not 100%, so let me change it to a gang war composed ONLY of men should not concern women because there are no women involved.
My point was, just because a man can't get pregnant, it doesn't mean he can't care about abortion. </font>

Hehe, I agree with you... but I, being a female soldier, just had to point out that the example wasn't great. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

But yeah, you're right. Men, although they're not directly effected, SHOULD have an opinion, because it's an issue that effects everyone indirectly, in one way or another.

------------------
~jenny

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/spaceghost/img/mainpage/doom.jpg

ZORAK: Let's start a band!
MOLTAR: Yeah! We'll call it "Freedom"! I like that.
ZORAK: That sucks.
MOLTAR: But "freedom" rhymes with "We From," like "We From the Land of ROCK!"

Ihaman
01-13-2002, 11:57 PM
taking a human life is murder, which is true. but the stage (common pro choice statement coming up here) of the fetus when you get an abortion dosent have a heartbeat, and it isnt capable of metabolization, growing, reproduction, and response and adaptation to it's enviornment. so IT IS NOT LIVING, its just as living as.....a lung cell. sure you can take the lung cell out, but it wouldnt do anything, it would just shrivel up and die.
i hope you all understand what im saying.

Cactuar
01-14-2002, 12:30 AM
*yawn*

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://geocities.com/wiredlain6/style.css">

Injektilo
01-14-2002, 01:05 AM
Hehe, I agree with you... but I, being a female soldier, just had to point out that the example wasn't great. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

But yeah, you're right. Men, although they're not directly effected, SHOULD have an opinion, because it's an issue that effects everyone indirectly, in one way or another.

</font>

I figured if anyone was gonna call me on that, it would be you http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Enderby
01-14-2002, 01:25 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Posted by Ihaman:
the fetus when you get an abortion dosent have a heartbeat</font>

Ehh...wrong. Unless you get an abortion 3 weeks after you get pregnant (which during that time it's pretty hard to detect pregnancy in the first place. The heart starts beating then.

But I'm pro-choice. More correctly I'm pro-Darwin. If stupid liberals want to kill their offspring good for them! One less dipshit in the world.

Matt-
01-14-2002, 02:39 AM
yum! this stylesheet is awesome

good job glenn!

BeautifulLoser
01-14-2002, 05:22 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Enderby:

But I'm pro-choice. More correctly I'm pro-Darwin. If stupid liberals want to kill their offspring good for them! One less dipshit in the world.</font>

Damn, you rule... I was thinking that, but didn't say it.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 09:05 AM

Yes... to name a few

First of all, in order to give away a child for adoption, you have to deal with being pregnant for nine months... and that's not a picnic if you WANT your baby

Second... if the child isn't white... odds are, it will have a hard time being adopted (at least that's the case here in America)

Third... who the fuck is the government to say what a woman should or should not do with her body?

Fourth... Rape... who the fuck are you to think that a woman should continue her violation for nine months?

Fifth... Pregnancy forces you to give up your way of life. If a woman doesn't want the child, odds are, it won't be a healthy pregnancy... meaning serious reprocussions for the child in the future

last... but my personal favorite...

a dead fetus is a fuck of a lot better than a dead baby in a trash can...

example... look at that prom-mom bitch.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 09:06 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Comedy Doesn't Pay:
If people would just wait until they are married to have sex, then this wouldn't even be an issue. </font>

fuck off...

melancholia
01-14-2002, 09:10 AM
they shouldn't have sex if they know they don't want to raise a child. abortion is an easy option for them to murder their own mistakes. its not the baby's fault it was brought into the world by an irresponsible parent. if they do make the mistake and ending up getting pregnant than they should give the baby up for adoption like I said in my other post. they have no right to murder</font>

1. It's a FETUS, not a baby

2. Abortion is dealing with a unwanted pregnancy

3. Abortion is a responsible choice for someone who isn't capable of raising a child, or continuing a pregnancy.

4. Sex, is about a hell of a lot more than pro-creation

5. the word MURDER, means "to slaughter with malitious intent" No women walks into a clinic and says, "i fucking hate this thing, kill it."

6. Again, who are you to decide for the rest of society?

melancholia
01-14-2002, 09:16 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Billy'sFetus:
Ah yes, the slaughter of the innocent. It is a terrible crime. Yet, what what pleases me the most is, the women that have abortions never go unpunished. Guilt and depression devours most of them and they have nothing to look foward to except burning in Hell. For the ones that are completely heartless, they will get what's coming to them in one way or another.

</font>

1. I had an abortion, and I have never felt guilt or depression.

2. Hell can not be an arguement in this, because that's religious... there is a difference between church and state... sorry, deal with it.

3. I have no reason to be punnished, I did the right thing... FOR ME.

4. I would hardly call it slaughter...especially in the first trimester.

5. Bacteria is a life, a primitive life... lysol isn't banned... why should ru-486 be?

6. Yet again, who the fuck are you to decide for me.

Go fuck yourself... no, better yet, go fuck your youth minister.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Lie:

If I was feeling more energetic right now, I could go for hours, but I'm not, so, bye.</font>This was one of the questions I asked as a little kid, then I realized how futile it was to tell my peers not to step on ants. I gave in and adopted the thought that human life was of more value than all other kinds. I'm weak.

I still think that abortions can be performed until a certain point where the baby can survive outside the mother's womb. Up until then, it is a parasite.

*claps* exactly babe!

Mayfuck
01-14-2002, 02:38 PM
*yawn*

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://geocities.com/wiredlain6/style.css"></font>

trine
01-14-2002, 03:01 PM
You can debate and toss around opinions for one hundred fucking years if you want to. We all have them. (opinions)

Thankfully, the bottom line is that IT ISNT UP TO YOU. ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what a woman decides to do with her reproductive life. You decide for YOURSELF. Allow others to decide for themselves. Duh. Its a decision to be made by a woman with her doctor. Period.

And while your at it, stick that "God" stuff up your ass.

Any idiot can figure out that you cannot force a woman to carry a fetus to term if she doesnt want to. What would you have us do, tie her up til delivery time? What is she, a fucking head of cattle?

Dopes.

------------------
build a man a fire and he is warm for a day... set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life...

Crippler
01-14-2002, 03:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by trine:
You can debate and toss around opinions for one hundred fucking years if you want to. We all have them. (opinions)

Thankfully, the bottom line is that IT ISNT UP TO YOU. ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what a woman decides to do with her reproductive life. You decide for YOURSELF. Allow others to decide for themselves. Duh. Its a decision to be made by a woman with her doctor. Period.

And while your at it, stick that "God" stuff up your ass.

Any idiot can figure out that you cannot force a woman to carry a fetus to term if she doesnt want to. What would you have us do, tie her up til delivery time? What is she, a fucking head of cattle?

Dopes.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Shut up.

Crippler
01-14-2002, 03:28 PM
<font color="aquamarine">Fine, I'll post my stance on abortion. If you don't like it, go kill some fetuses.

I'm split on the issue. The only type of abortion that I am fiercely opposed to is causal abortion. That to me is a failure on the mother's part to own up to her actions through having sex. Contrary to what people may want to believe, there is no such thing as safe sex. You wanna use the pill? Go right ahead. You wanna use condoms? I don't give a damn. But if you get pregnant, be accountable for your actions. You did all you could to prevent getting pregnant, and it stil didn't work, and now you have a life growing inside of you. Yes, your life may be harder due to the fact you're about to become a mother, but that's your damned fault for having sex. We've turned sex, in a way, into playing Russian Roullette, and when the barrel rolls to a bullet, we want to yank the gun away. It doesn't work like that. It's your fault you played.

Other than casual abortions, I'm very much pro-choice, in any and all other circumstances.

It's true, it's true.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 03:34 PM
but if a woman has sex, is on birthcontrol and uses condoms, and gets pregnant... and she decides to have an abortion, that is not always casual...

it's a hard decision to make.

Crippler
01-14-2002, 03:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by melancholia:
but if a woman has sex, is on birthcontrol and uses condoms, and gets pregnant... and she decides to have an abortion, that is not always casual...

it's a hard decision to make.</font>

<font color="aquamarine">You missed my point. Reread my post, and you'll see why I think if a woman does all that and get pregant, then getting an abortion is wrong. <font color="black">

[This message has been edited by Crippler (edited 01-14-2002).]

cozmic
01-14-2002, 03:41 PM
*yawn*</font>

*yawn*</font>

There you have it. Let's all agree to disagree.
Now everyone can shut up and go back to sleep.

Crippler
01-14-2002, 03:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by cozmic:
There you have it. Let's all agree to disagree.
Now everyone can shut up and go back to sleep.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">I <3 Jen.

trine
01-14-2002, 03:45 PM
<font color="aquamarine">Fine, I'll post my stance on abortion. If you don't like it, go kill some fetuses.

I'm split on the issue. The only type of abortion that I am fiercely opposed to is causal abortion. That to me is a failure on the mother's part to own up to her actions through having sex. Contrary to what people may want to believe, there is no such thing as safe sex. You wanna use the pill? Go right ahead. You wanna use condoms? I don't give a damn. But if you get pregnant, be accountable for your actions. You did all you could to prevent getting pregnant, and it stil didn't work, and now you have a life growing inside of you. Yes, your life may be harder due to the fact you're about to become a mother, but that's your damned fault for having sex. We've turned sex, in a way, into playing Russian Roullette, and when the barrel rolls to a bullet, we want to yank the gun away. It doesn't work like that. It's your fault you played.

Other than casual abortions, I'm very much pro-choice, in any and all other circumstances.

It's true, it's true. </font>

I like that opinion just fine. For you...
I'm only saying that you can't force that conviction on me or anyone else.
Its not up to you. Deal.

------------------
build a man a fire and he is warm for a day... set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life...

Crippler
01-14-2002, 03:46 PM
I like that opinion just fine. For you...
I'm only saying that you can't force that conviction on me or anyone else.
Its not up to you. Deal.
</font>

<font color="aquamarine">It shouldn't just be opinion, friend.

Oh, and by "causal", I mean getting an abortion for the sake of getting an abortion.

trine
01-14-2002, 03:54 PM
<font color="aquamarine">It shouldn't just be opinion, friend.

Ok then, if I'm unfortunate enough to have an unnexpected pregnancy, I'll be sure to consult you before deciding what course of action to take or not to take. Never mind my personal circumstances, financial situation, my soundness of mind, stability, spiritual beliefs or doctors opinion. Its what you - who doesnt know the first thing about me thinks. Let me write that down for future reference.....ok, got it. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Crippler (edited 01-14-2002).]</font>

------------------

[This message has been edited by trine (edited 01-14-2002).]

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:03 PM
Ok then, if I'm unfortunate enough to have an unnexpected pregnancy, I'll be sure to consult you before deciding what course of action to take or not to take. Never mind my personal circumstances, financial situation, my soundness of mind, stability, spiritual beliefs or doctors opinion. Its what you - who doesnt know the first thing about me thinks. Let me write that down for future reference.....ok, got it. Thank you.
</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Let me put it to you this way: Don't have sex without willing to accpet the consequences. If you're not ready emotionally or financially to have a kid, then why the hell are you taking this needless risk? If you're too immature or aren't ready to have a kid, then logically, you're too immature or are not ready to be having sex, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

As for doctor's opinion, as I've said, I'm very much pro-choice in any other case, including potential health-related issues.

Oh, and one other thing...All laws start off as opinions.

It's true, it's true.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:03 PM
who the fuck gets an abortion for the sake of having an abortion? wow... i guess someone forgot to mention to you that having an abortion hurts like a bitch...

no fucking masochist would wish that on herself.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:06 PM
so... you believe that a fetus concieved in a rape is different that a fetus concieved on prom night?

anyone can cry "rape"... by your logic, one would need a readon valid enough for you in order to make a decision about THEIR life... but no one, not medical, not governmental, not religious can understand another persons problems...

which is why abortion is and should be, always a PERSONAL decision.

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:10 PM
who the fuck gets an abortion for the sake of having an abortion? wow... i guess someone forgot to mention to you that having an abortion hurts like a bitch...

no fucking masochist would wish that on herself.</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Then why the fuck do people have them?

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Let me put it to you this way: Don't have sex without willing to accpet the consequences. If you're not ready emotionally or financially to have a kid, then why the hell are you taking this needless risk? If you're too immature or aren't ready to have a kid, then logically, you're too immature or are not ready to be having sex, whether you're willing to admit it or not.</font>

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:12 PM
people have them because it is the only option they are comfortable with.

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:13 PM
so... you believe that a fetus concieved in a rape is different that a fetus concieved on prom night?

anyone can cry "rape"... by your logic, one would need a readon valid enough for you in order to make a decision about THEIR life... but no one, not medical, not governmental, not religious can understand another persons problems...

which is why abortion is and should be, always a PERSONAL decision.</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Has anyone even read what I've posted?! I think abortion on the grounds that a woman was raped is perfectly fine! The woman was forcibly indulged upon by some creep, and therefore, the prgnancy is not her fault. Casual sex is a conscious choice, and with it comes a risk of getting pregnant. Being raped is not a choice. Therefore, having the choice of an abortion is clearly permissible, because the situation was out of the poor woman's hands.

It's true, it's true.

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:15 PM
people have them because it is the only option they are comfortable with.</font>

<font color="aquamarine">People have them because they don't want to own up for their actions. They want to play Russian Roullette and yank the gun away when the chamber has a bullet.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:15 PM
what i'm saying is... a fetus concieved in a rape, is the same as a fetus concieved any other time...

if "rape only" was the law, women would be walking into clinics saying "i was raped" and getting their abortions anyway. then, they would be persuaded to go into rape therapy, therefore using up the resources for those who really need the therapy.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:19 PM
protected sex is not playing "russian roulette". it's not taking a gamble... you're making a decision to share your body with someone else in a safe way... if your protection fails, why play russian roulette with the life of a child?

what would you prefer? an aborted fetus, or a dead baby? it's more common than you think. Even if roe vs. wade was overturned, women would still get abortions, whether in a back alley with a coathanger, or in another country...the difference is that now, it's relativly save to abort... the other way, not only a fetus would die, but so could a woman...

now, thinking that's OK isn't very pro-life, is it?

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:29 PM
what i'm saying is... a fetus concieved in a rape, is the same as a fetus concieved any other time...</font>

<font color="aquamarine">In a way, this is true, and I will mourn the fetuses that get aborted because of this, but it's simply the right thing to do.

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">if "rape only" was the law, women would be walking into clinics saying "i was raped" and getting their abortions anyway. then, they would be persuaded to go into rape therapy, therefore using up the resources for those who really need the therapy.</font>

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">protected sex is not playing "russian roulette". it's not taking a gamble... you're making a decision to share your body with someone else in a safe way... if your protection fails, why play russian roulette with the life of a child?
what would you prefer? an aborted fetus, or a dead baby? it's more common than you think. Even if roe vs. wade was overturned, women would still get abortions, whether in a back alley with a coathanger, or in another country...the difference is that now, it's relativly save to abort... the other way, not only a fetus would die, but so could a woman...

now, thinking that's OK isn't very pro-life, is it?</font>

<font color="aquamarine">I'm sick of people making up excuses for the bad things people do. Scenario: Row v Wade is overturned: If a woman wants to abort a baby herself, she's not a victim of a bad law, but a victim of her own stupdity and foolishness. It's not the law's fault she made that decision. It's her fault for getting pregnant and stupidly trying to abort it herself. You may think that we're protecting others by keeping abortions legal. To me, this just shows how thoughtless people are. And there are other ways to help these people.

Yes, sex is a gamble, because there is a clear risk involved. Pretending that it isn't is just a means of easing one's conscience on the matter. And if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.<font color="black">

trine
01-14-2002, 04:34 PM
<font color="aquamarine">Let me put it to you this way: Don't have sex without willing to accpet the consequences. If you're not ready emotionally or financially to have a kid, then why the hell are you taking this needless risk? If you're too immature or aren't ready to have a kid, then logically, you're too immature or are not ready to be having sex, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

As for doctor's opinion, as I've said, I'm very much pro-choice in any other case, including potential health-related issues.

Oh, and one other thing...All laws start off as opinions.

It's true, it's true.</font>

In the world that you live in, maybe life is always so neat, tidy and rational. But its not for many women, who live in so many different societies, cultures, that to lay out a belief system so rigid that it couldn't possibly apply to millions of women on whom you feel the right to pass judgement on. Life is not always so clean and predictable. There are as many situations as there are people.
To suggest to ALL to always have thier shit together is totally unrealistic, not to mention ridiculous.

Again, bottom line, its not up to you.

You saying that your pro-choice is laughable. Your for choice if it applies to your narrow view of criteria of acceptability.

Grow up, and stop contradicting yourself.

------------------

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:37 PM
<font color="aquamarine">To conclude, there is no way in hell anyone will convince me that abortion, with the exception of health of the mother, rape and incest, is right.

I'm off to work. It's been fun arguing with y'all.

And that, my friends, is true.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:39 PM
i fucking can not STAND pro lifers... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:40 PM
I VOTED FOR GORE!

trine
01-14-2002, 04:43 PM
<font color="aquamarine">To conclude, there is no way in hell anyone will convince me that abortion, with the exception of health of the mother, rape and incest, is right.

And that, my friends, is true.</font>

And this is what we read by one who claims to be pro-choice. Um, yeah.
Do you have a dictionary? Look up c-h-o-i-c-e

------------------

Crippler
01-14-2002, 04:43 PM
In the world that you live in, maybe life is always so neat, tidy and rational. But its not for many women, who live in so many different societies, cultures, that to lay out a belief system so rigid that it couldn't possibly apply to millions of women on whom you feel the right to pass judgement on. Life is not always so clean and predictable. There are as many situations as there are people.
To suggest to ALL to always have thier shit together is totally unrealistic, not to mention ridiculous.

You saying that your pro-choice is laughable. Your for choice if it applies to your narrow view of criteria of acceptability.

</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Funny how you failed to acknowledge my argument entirely.

Thank you for proving to me that this society is more concerned about making people feel better about themselves for whatever lousy reasons exist than trying to reason with people and make them understand that some things are wrong, and that we as humans should just give up on teaching people that jamming coat hangers into themselves is wrong. Thank you for proving that accountability has no place in this world, and morality is relative.

If you can't win, don't bother playing, eh?

trine
01-14-2002, 04:56 PM
<font color="aquamarine">Funny how you failed to acknowledge my argument entirely.

Thank you for proving to me that this society is more concerned about making people feel better about themselves for whatever lousy reasons exist than trying to reason with people and make them understand that some things are wrong, and that we as humans should just give up on teaching people that jamming coat hangers into themselves is wrong. Thank you for proving that accountability has no place in this world, and morality is relative.

If you can't win, don't bother playing, eh?</font>

Your moratlity should be everyones morality! Absolutley, without question. Every situation should be some cookie cutter circumstance, where everyone lives happily ever after. What color is the sky in your world?
No one feels better after an invasive procedure like an abortion, shmuck. Its a difficult, painful, last resort to a fucked-up situation.

I'm eternally grateful that a decision that personal can be made by myself, for myself, unfettered by outside intrusions and judgements by every know-it-all like you.

You know nothing.

------------------

netphorian
01-14-2002, 04:57 PM

</font>

One of the best posts in this topic. Thank you.

Personally, I am both pro-choice and pro-euthanasia. If you can't be in control of your own body and/or your own life, then whose life is it? I understand that were it not for my parents, I wouldn't be here today to both enjoy the life I know. However, what would I be missing out on if I were never born? Nothing. I wouldn't exist. This is from a semi-existentialst viewpoint, but isn't it just slightly silly to attach a stigma to all life and each and every person, when not one of us knows what the world is really like, nor truly cares as long as it's outside of our immediate lives?

Who the hell are we to tell a woman what to do when for every "loose woman" there is at least an equal number of accidents (you may not want to believe it, but accidents DO happen...no contraceptive is 100%, and whether you like it or not, sex is going to happen. How many of you waited until you were married and/or ready for a child to have sex?)or a rape victim?

Adoption is an open option, but think outside of the made-for-tv-movie examples to the majority of unwanted children are NOT healthy white children. When the majority of people in at least North America want a healthy white baby, where does it leave the rest? Would YOU adopt an AIDS baby? A child with Down's Syndrome? Would you be willing to adopt outside of your race? Chances are, the answer is no for you as it is for most who participate in adoption.

*sigh*

------------------
no.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 04:59 PM
"Your moratlity should be everyones morality! Absolutley, without question. Every situation should be some cookie cutter circumstance, where everyone lives happily ever after. What color is the sky in your world?
No one feels better after an invasive procedure like an abortion, shmuck. Its a difficult, painful, last resort to a fucked-up situation.

I'm eternally grateful that a decision that personal can be made by myself, for myself, unfettered by outside intrusions and judgements by every know-it-all like you.

You know nothing."

damn fucking straight!

Eulogy
01-14-2002, 05:13 PM
ok

I basically agree with everything Crippler has said.

If you are going to have casual sex, you should be able to deal with the consequences. You can't just plan on getting an abortion if you get pregnant.

But then if some 15-year-old gets raped and becomes pregnant, I don't think she should be forced to suffer for another nine months, because it wasn't a mistake that she made. With girls who have casual sex, it's their own fault.

doctor gonzo
01-14-2002, 05:17 PM
exactly.

------------------
www.nevercrashnow.com (http://www.nevercrashnow.com)

netphorian
01-14-2002, 05:31 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Eulogy:

If you are going to have casual sex, you should be able to deal with the consequences. You can't just plan on getting an abortion if you get pregnant.

</font>

I'm sorry, but this needs to be made clear.

The next time you have an abortion, you tell me how it went, okay? I heard it feels really good when they stick needles in your cervix and pry it open with machinery, then shove a sharp tube up there and poke around. Apparently the scraping of your insides with sharp objects is the best part. Lying in a pool of your own blood creates a really nice atmosphere for sex! (think: your balls, a staple gun, and a meat grinder.)

I just don't understand that mentality. You plan on getting an abortion as much as you fancy the idea of getting pregnant in the first place. The blaringly obvious truth is that we can't stop people from having sex, we can't make them use contraceptives, and we cannot assure them that the contraceptives they use will always protect them from disease and pregnancy. Since we cannot do that, we can't take away the right to abortion.

Red Wine Cage
01-14-2002, 05:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle:
I know someone younger than me and she's had 3 abortions. I dont say abortions should be illegal, I just think she should be beaten.

</font>
LOLx10

i agree with flebath,as if anyone cares,but that WAS funny SuckSuck.

------------------
"You're living in the past,man!You're hung up on some clown from the sixties,MAN!!"

FALL FROM GRACE:DAVID'S SMASHING PUMPKINS BOOTLIST (http://pumpkins.iwarp.com)

Ammy
01-14-2002, 05:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by netphorian:

The next time you have an abortion, you tell me how it went, okay? I heard it feels really good when they stick needles in your cervix and pry it open with machinery, then shove a sharp tube up there and poke around. Apparently the scraping of your insides with sharp objects is the best part. Lying in a pool of your own blood creates a really nice atmosphere for sex! (think: your balls, a staple gun, and a meat grinder.)

I just don't understand that mentality. You plan on getting an abortion as much as you fancy the idea of getting pregnant in the first place. The blaringly obvious truth is that we can't stop people from having sex, we can't make them use contraceptives, and we cannot assure them that the contraceptives they use will always protect them from disease and pregnancy. Since we cannot do that, we can't take away the right to abortion. </font>

good post.

netphorian
01-14-2002, 05:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ammy:

good post.</font>

hey, thanks, Ammy.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 05:56 PM
netphorian- great fucking post.

melancholia
01-14-2002, 06:01 PM
yeah... i *heart* liberals

Matt-
01-14-2002, 06:01 PM
i agree with netphorian.
theres no such thing as a "casual" abortion, like going to see a movie and when you come back home *poof* you're not pregnant. nonononono, i've seen the weeks of pain women go through because of this, and its a far cry from casual.
i personally wouldnt want to be a child of a mother who looks at you every day realizing what she "could have done to avoid this".

raindrops + sunshowers
01-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Crippler: Your logic is circumlocutious. Noble, but circumlocutious.

Abortions for reasons of casual sex is wrong by your beliefs, correct? I'm assuming the reason for that is because it would be disallowing the fetus a chance to live. You can say it's because "people need to face up to the consequences of their actions," but if you didn't think killing a fetus after casual sex was wrong, you logically couldn't make that argument up in the first place because abortion WOULD be facing up to the consequences if it were permissible.

Yet any other sort of abortions are all right.

That makes absolutely no sense. It's killing, period, by your logic; you are arguing against yourself when you say the situation makes a difference. An unwanted fetus from a rape is the same exact thing as an unwanted fetus from a condom breaking; just because you don't approve of the manner with which the child was conceived doesn't make it right, and furthermore, you cannot bring your own morality into an argument completely devoid of it elsewhere simply because it's convenient. Besides, there are some people out there--sadists, perhaps mentally ill people, but they are out there--who don't think rape is wrong, or that it's the girl's fault. Should she have to keep her baby then?

Another argument I've seen a lot in this thread is that abortion after, say, a rape is okay, because the mother and the baby will both face repercussions. Again, that's arguing against yourself. Casual sex or not, there are poor mothers who cannot afford the child they are pregnant with. Maybe she can't afford healthcare. Last I checked, that's negative repercussions for both herself and the baby.

You cannot, and will not, stop people from having sex. Period. Get off of your moral soap box for a minute and realize: it's an inevitability. People are going to have sex, and nothing you say can prevent that. Furthermore, it is not your place to dictate morality to the world--especially in America, where personal freedom is our most precious liberty--and it is not your place to tell people that they should be "responsible for their actions" in this scenario when it's virtually impossible to tell where life, and responsibility, begin.

And as a last point, you might not like it, but considering the vast majority of you have not studied anatomy or biology nearly in depth enough to have an opinion on the subject, you have absolutely no idea when "life" begins, and you can't even have an educated opinion on the subject. There IS a scientific basis to th is. Yes, all laws begin as opinion, but laws such as these begin as a majority opinion. On a hot-button issue such as this, the law is never going to be based on a "majority."

Of course, it is possible to believe in a pro-life stance for religious or moral reasons, and that is fine; you're entitled, of course, to your opinion. But when you argue that your ideas should be made law, that's when the title of this thread becomes reality. Those are arguments based on conjecture and blanket morality, neither of which presents a clear, logical case or is conducive to law-making in this country, and neither of which presents a compelling argument. We can argue morality here all day and never get anywhere. Arguing the law, however, is a different matter, and in that arena, pro-lifers are pretty pitiful.

bonsor
01-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Think of it this way, pro-lifers.

How many people's lives are affected negatively upon someone's murder?

How many people's lives are affected negatively when an unwanted child is brought into the world?

How many people's lives are affected negatively when an unwanted pregnancy is aborted?

I'm just guessing here, but I have a feeling the answer to the last question isn't as large as the answers to the first two. Abortion is not intended to be a form of birth control, and I'll admit that it unfortunately used as one sometimes. But to totally abolish the practice of abortion will only cause more problems.

Look, I'm not pro-abortion. I don't want for anybody to want or need an abortion, but unfortunately, abortions are needed, and despite how much I may look down on people who have abortions as a method of birth control, I feel that I have no right to impose on their choice to do whatever they want with their body. That's why I'm prochoice. It not my uterus. It's not my choice.

[This message has been edited by ****** (edited 01-14-2002).]

netphorian
01-14-2002, 06:23 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by raindrops + sunshowers:
Crippler: Your logic is circumlocutious. Noble, but circumlocutious.

Abortions for reasons of casual sex is wrong by your beliefs, correct? I'm assuming the reason for that is because it would be disallowing the fetus a chance to live. You can say it's because "people need to face up to the consequences of their actions," but if you didn't think killing a fetus after casual sex was wrong, you logically couldn't make that argument up in the first place because abortion WOULD be facing up to the consequences if it were permissible.

Yet any other sort of abortions are all right.

That makes absolutely no sense. It's killing, period, by your logic; you are arguing against yourself when you say the situation makes a difference. An unwanted fetus from a rape is the same exact thing as an unwanted fetus from a condom breaking; just because you don't approve of the manner with which the child was conceived doesn't make it right, and furthermore, you cannot bring your own morality into an argument completely devoid of it elsewhere simply because it's convenient. Besides, there are some people out there--sadists, perhaps mentally ill people, but they are out there--who don't think rape is wrong, or that it's the girl's fault. Should she have to keep her baby then?

Another argument I've seen a lot in this thread is that abortion after, say, a rape is okay, because the mother and the baby will both face repercussions. Again, that's arguing against yourself. Casual sex or not, there are poor mothers who cannot afford the child they are pregnant with. Maybe she can't afford healthcare. Last I checked, that's negative repercussions for both herself and the baby.

You cannot, and will not, stop people from having sex. Period. Get off of your moral soap box for a minute and realize: it's an inevitability. People are going to have sex, and nothing you say can prevent that. Furthermore, it is not your place to dictate morality to the world--especially in America, where personal freedom is our most precious liberty--and it is not your place to tell people that they should be "responsible for their actions" in this scenario when it's virtually impossible to tell where life, and responsibility, begin.

And as a last point, you might not like it, but considering the vast majority of you have not studied anatomy or biology nearly in depth enough to have an opinion on the subject, you have absolutely no idea when "life" begins, and you can't even have an educated opinion on the subject. There IS a scientific basis to th is. Yes, all laws begin as opinion, but laws such as these begin as a majority opinion. On a hot-button issue such as this, the law is never going to be based on a "majority."

Of course, it is possible to believe in a pro-life stance for religious or moral reasons, and that is fine; you're entitled, of course, to your opinion. But when you argue that your ideas should be made law, that's when the title of this thread becomes reality. Those are arguments based on conjecture and blanket morality, neither of which presents a clear, logical case or is conducive to law-making in this country, and neither of which presents a compelling argument. We can argue morality here all day and never get anywhere. Arguing the law, however, is a different matter, and in that arena, pro-lifers are pretty pitiful.</font>

wonderful points, wonderful post. thumbs up.

------------------
no.

bonsor
01-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Yea, chris. That was fucking great.

Will
01-14-2002, 06:31 PM

And that, my friends, is true.</font></font>

that is not truth. it is an insular view from some one who has no idea of what he speaks. trine saying you know nothing.. that was the most truth in this entire post.
what are your morals, stephen? what do you believe about sex? if the girl you fucked had become pregnant, what would you have done? if she had wanted to have an abortion, would you have condoned it? would you have explained to her that it was against your morals and that she was not allowed? and if she decided to have the child, would you have married her? would you have supported the child? would you have been able to support the child, without being forced to leave school or something worse?

i don't believe you'll ever have the authority to say whether or not abortion is right or wrong, nor do i believe any one who has not been placed in a position where abortion a "tempting" alternative can make that decision. you aren't even a woman. how can you make such judgements?

the day that abortion becomes personal to you, heartwrenchingly so, is the first day you may have any understanding of the seriousness of that decision.

don't claim what you say is truth.
you, honestly, truthfully, don't know.

Smack Me In My Mouth
01-14-2002, 09:16 PM
I love this thread.

Next on the agenda: Meat is Murder!

tweedyburd
01-14-2002, 10:33 PM
I'd like to see some of the pro-lifers in this thread--most of which are surely under 20 and still living at home--be faced with a pregnant girlfriend. I bet your opinions on this would flip flop, or at the very least become compromised.

People shouldn't really argue for the pro-life stance if they're arguing only in theory rather than from pragmatic experience.

bonsor
01-14-2002, 10:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by tweedyburd:
I'd like to see some of the pro-lifers in this thread--most of which are surely under 20 and still living at home--be faced with a pregnant girlfriend. I bet your opinions on this would flip flop, or at the very least become compromised. </font>I'd hate to pick and pry, but isn't this how you 'flip-flopped'?

thewatchmaker
01-14-2002, 10:44 PM
I'm definitely pro-death.

raindrops + sunshowers
01-14-2002, 10:48 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by thewatchmaker:
I'm definitely pro-death.</font>

Yeah, 'cause we've never heard that one before.

Jesus--add something to the debate, or don't post at all. Stuff like that is just ridiculous, and your faux-emphaticness isn't powerful, just asinine.

thewatchmaker
01-14-2002, 10:50 PM
LMAO

Please stop throwing around that high diction, I don't really care if you have a thesaurus or not. And I'm just joking, stop being such a ****beater.

Smack Me In My Mouth
01-14-2002, 10:52 PM
This is really off-topic, but regarding what that Watchmaker guy just said:

Why do people assume that when someone uses an uncommon word, they must be taking it from a thesaurus for the sole reason of impressing people? It's retarded.

thewatchmaker
01-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Because if you are snapping at someone because they are joking around, you don't use a word like asinine. It makes you look like an arrogant prick.

Mark LeDrew
01-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Jesus, you're STILL talking about this? Seems like an awful lot of trouble for a fetus.

bonsor
01-14-2002, 10:57 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
Jesus, you're STILL talking about this? Seems like an awful lot of trouble for a fetus.</font>"You're breaking my balls, Jack."

Graveflower
01-14-2002, 10:58 PM
Because if you are snapping at someone because they are joking around, you don't use a word like asinine. It makes you look like an arrogant prick.</font>

That might just be the way he talks.

thewatchmaker
01-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Well I wasn't trying to be "powerful" or "fauxempathatic." I was just trying to be annoying.

bonsor
01-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Because if you are snapping at someone because they are joking around, you don't use a word like asinine. It makes you look like an arrogant prick.</font>

What the fuck? Who do you think you are calling people 'arrogant pricks'? Fuck, man. Get of your soap box and put your thesaurus down. Calling them a 'pretentious asshole' would have sufficed perfectly, but because you're such a fucking smartass, you couldn't help but try to make yourself look clever. Fucking hell. I hate shitfucks like you.

< /sarcasm>

get out of here.

[This message has been edited by ****** (edited 01-14-2002).]

tweedyburd
01-14-2002, 11:30 PM
I'd hate to pick and pry, but isn't this how you 'flip-flopped'?

</font>

No, it never actually happened, but we had a few very worrisome scares.

The fear of your future going down the toilet brings a whole new perspective when you actually are faced with the possibility, not to mention the unfortunate life the child would be in for.

Trite
01-14-2002, 11:36 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
Jesus, you're STILL talking about this? Seems like an awful lot of trouble for a fetus.</font>

Well, that's what I told your mother.
It didn't seem to stop her though.
Pro-abortion all the way, baby! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

------------------
Yes... I am reality_check. Yes, I lost my account. Fuck off.

Eulogy
01-14-2002, 11:53 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by netphorian:

I just don't understand that mentality. You plan on getting an abortion as much as you fancy the idea of getting pregnant in the first place. The blaringly obvious truth is that we can't stop people from having sex, we can't make them use contraceptives, and we cannot assure them that the contraceptives they use will always protect them from disease and pregnancy. Since we cannot do that, we can't take away the right to abortion. </font>

Good point.

...but, shouldn't people think about all of that before they have sex?? Why don't we just limit casual sex a little? I'm not experienced in this area (heh), but what good comes from it? If someone thought about everything that could happen as a result of casual sex, they'd be less likely to do it.

So maybe stupid chicks should just stop getting pregnant.

bah

I don't care

bonsor
01-14-2002, 11:58 PM
Good point.

...but, shouldn't people think about all of that before they have sex?? Why don't we just limit casual sex a little? I'm not experienced in this area (heh), but what good comes from it? If someone thought about everything that could happen as a result of casual sex, they'd be less likely to do it. </font>
You have much to learn grasshopper.

Eulogy
01-14-2002, 11:58 PM
Maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't have sex unless they actually want a child.

I know that's never going to happen, and that it's a very extreme thought...but really...I think it makes sense

...but that could just be because I'm a fucking idiot (I am leaving myself completely wide open...heh)

netphorian
01-14-2002, 11:59 PM

...but, shouldn't people think about all of that before they have sex??

</font>

perhaps, but there is and always has been a very large difference between "should" and "is."

------------------
no.

Trite
01-15-2002, 12:01 AM

...but, shouldn't people think about all of that before they have sex?? Why don't we just limit casual sex a little? I'm not experienced in this area (heh), but what good comes from it? If someone thought about everything that could happen as a result of casual sex, they'd be less likely to do it.</font>

Fucking=Good.
Restraint=Impossible.

Idiot.

------------------
Yes... I am reality_check. Yes, I lost my account. Fuck off.

Eulogy
01-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy:

You have much to learn grasshopper.</font>

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

bonsor
01-15-2002, 12:06 AM

Thank you, Captain Obvious!</font>At least you take it in stride. That's admirable.

netphorian
01-15-2002, 12:11 AM
Well, Eulogy (I think it's time I retired on this topic...jeez), I have no problem with people who have different opinions from me. You admit that you really don't know much about the topic at hand, and that's not common for someone to admit, so I commend you for that. Yet you still have an opinion on it, right?

Well, maybe that's the problem here. It's people who have opinions on things they really don't know much about that are imposing restrictions through laws. Simply because they personally don't agree with it.

------------------
no.

raindrops + sunshowers
01-15-2002, 12:17 AM
I think the real problem is that chicks just get in the way.