View Full Version : attn: Ropey_Lopey

wHATcOLOR
07-28-2007, 04:44 AM
your PM box is full and i need to go to sleep so i'll just post this here:

so i went right to the merch stand when i got in, they had only sizes small and extra large. i asked him to show me both of them. i'm not exactly sure of your build, but i think you're thin like me. unless you're super tall, i think the one i got you (small) will work. the extra large was ridiculous, it'd be like a nightgown. i didn't really have any choice. i think it'll be decent, so long as you don't insist on having sleeves near your elbows.

after the show i decided i wanted one for myself, and he was out of small by then. that was annoying, but whatever. xl was way too big.

can you send me your address and i'll send this beauty on its way?

edit: checked my mail, got your address, will try to mail this week

Warsaw
07-28-2007, 04:57 AM
the extra large was ridiculous, it'd be like a nightgown.

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/5d/images.art.com/images/-/Dom-Deluise--C10042907.jpeg

Injektilo
07-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Is this where we post PMs to Ropey?

You mean it'd be easier to get tickets at the gate rather then order them online and have them waiting at the will call window for me? I'd just like to make sure i get some good ones, and preferably all three together. This is the first hockey game i'll have been to in a good ten months, and i'm going with two friends who don't particularly care about hockey, so i want to make sure they get the full effect.

I have a friend here, the coach of the university team i play roller hockey with, who was just in prague last week and he picked up a Jagr jersey.... not a real one, but a sort of copy of one for a really good price, and he said Hemsky and Jagr were the only named ones they really had, but they were everywhere. So i'm definitely going to keep my eyes open there....

wHATcOLOR
07-28-2007, 06:45 PM
edited and bumped

RopeyLopey
07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
after the show i decided i wanted one for myself, and he was out of small by then. that was annoying, but whatever. xl was way too big.
man, so you got only one for me and you got nothing? You should have bought the big one as well, pick up the one that fits you and send me the other one. I would run it two-three times in a washing machine and would get the right size, too.

Thank you very much - I hope the money I have sent comes soon!

RopeyLopey
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
This thread is a petition for Andrew to increase my PM box size capacity to 1,000

wHATcOLOR
07-28-2007, 07:13 PM
nah, i asked the guy if they were pre-shrunk and they were. money's arrived, i'll try and send it this week.

RopeyLopey
07-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Is this where we post PMs to Ropey?

You mean it'd be easier to get tickets at the gate rather then order them online and have them waiting at the will call window for me? I'd just like to make sure i get some good ones, and preferably all three together. This is the first hockey game i'll have been to in a good ten months, and i'm going with two friends who don't particularly care about hockey, so i want to make sure they get the full effect.

I have a friend here, the coach of the university team i play roller hockey with, who was just in prague last week and he picked up a Jagr jersey.... not a real one, but a sort of copy of one for a really good price, and he said Hemsky and Jagr were the only named ones they really had, but they were everywhere. So i'm definitely going to keep my eyes open there....well I am not sure if the game of HC Sparta Praha is the best choice for hooking up your friends on hockey - I honestly hope you don't expect any NHL!
I'd be simply more skeptical to anything being sold over Internet over there, it is still rather uncommon and relatively new, but maybe it's just me and it would work. Anyway, HC Sparta Praha is one of the most advanced teams back home in these terms, so if they fail at this, than I don't know who would get it right. Anyways, the price of the tickets should be fairly cheap for you so in case there's nothing at will call for you, you can always get new ones ;)

Jagr - oh yeah, I was just not sure about Hemsky, I would rather expect Kaberle if anyone else - good for Ales! I expect these sweaters to be some imitations being sold at Vietnamese stands, but then I don't know where to get the real ones - maybe there would be some store in Sazka Arena...I will try to ask.

RopeyLopey
07-28-2007, 07:22 PM
nah, i asked the guy if they were pre-shrunk and they were. money's arrived, i'll try and send it this week.we can share it! one month me, the alternative moth will be your turn!

there's no way I would be more robust than you. Have you tried this one on you?Can you send me a pic? (I will clear me PM for that if necessary)

yo soy el mejor
07-28-2007, 07:23 PM
supsup, guys.

Injektilo
07-30-2007, 12:32 AM
well I am not sure if the game of HC Sparta Praha is the best choice for hooking up your friends on hockey - I honestly hope you don't expect any NHL!
I'd be simply more skeptical to anything being sold over Internet over there, it is still rather uncommon and relatively new, but maybe it's just me and it would work. Anyway, HC Sparta Praha is one of the most advanced teams back home in these terms, so if they fail at this, than I don't know who would get it right. Anyways, the price of the tickets should be fairly cheap for you so in case there's nothing at will call for you, you can always get new ones ;)

Jagr - oh yeah, I was just not sure about Hemsky, I would rather expect Kaberle if anyone else - good for Ales! I expect these sweaters to be some imitations being sold at Vietnamese stands, but then I don't know where to get the real ones - maybe there would be some store in Sazka Arena...I will try to ask.

Thanks dude, i'm sure the level of competition will be just fine, like i said, it's the first game i'll have been to since october or so. I'll just try and get tickets at the gate then, same day or something.

wHATcOLOR
07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
i took a pic but the cable to my camera is at someone's house

RopeyLopey
07-30-2007, 12:37 AM
i took a pic but the cable to my camera is at someone's houseI appreciate the effort. I expect the T-shirt to arrive sooner than seeing the picture.

RopeyLopey
07-30-2007, 12:38 AM
This thread is a petition for Andrew to increase my PM box size capacity to 1,000this thread/petition needs more posts. I am full - again!

Andrew, do something for me - please!

Elvis The Fat Years
07-30-2007, 02:21 AM
jan, post that pic you wanted me to work with for the JD pic. the photbucket link you sent me didn't work.

is it the one from the pic thread?

RopeyLopey
07-30-2007, 01:03 PM
jan, post that pic you wanted me to work with for the JD pic. the photbucket link you sent me didn't work.

is it the one from the pic thread?

yeah, that's the one
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/pisekdusan/PDR_1833.jpg

here's the original resolution file (720x480): http://www.sendspace.com/file/8go2hj

actually thinking about it, could you do both Jack/Jan variations?