View Full Version : jack white talks pumpkins

M.Night
07-27-2007, 01:44 AM
http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/membernews_1569

Floppy Nono
07-27-2007, 01:48 AM
can you just post what he said so i dont have to bother signing up?

silvermachina
07-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Not really all that interesting or Pumpkins related... :erm:

-------------------------------------------------

"So, an advantage of the location of my store is that it's a couple of miles off of a major highway that pretty much connects New York City and Boston. We occasionally get bands and the like stopping by. I'd say 90% of the stores inventory is vinyl. Also, while on here all I've talked about is newer rock, but I am passionate and knowledgeable about all kinds of music(Jazz, Blues, Old Country, Motown, etc.)

The White Stripes played in Manhattan on Tuesday and had a show in Connecticut last night. I got a call yesterday morning from a guy asking me about our Blues LP's. He had seen some of our recent eBay listings of rare blues LP's and wanted to know how the store's selection was. I told him it was kick ass, he asked for direction from Interstate 84 and that was that. I have similar conversations with people multiple times a week, so I though nothing of it. Little did I know I was speaking to Jack White. But low and behold late afternoon rolls around and who walks through the door. Yup, Jack White. No Meg though - which is good because I have a bit of a crush on her. Shit. I've got customers to take care of. But this gets better so stay tuned. I'll be back.

So, I've met plenty of rock stars and plenty of famous people have been in the store. But, I've never been one to go all fan crazy - I just let them do their thing and shop in peace, no pictures, autographs - and I don't initiate conversations with them - I figure they probably enjoy that. But this dude was fucking talkative. We talked Blues and Country as he flipped through literally every record in those sections. Also, when he came in, Zwan was playing. He asked me if it was the new Pumpkins record and I told him it was Zwan - he said something like"Damn this is a great summertime record". At one point I told him how much I like his new record and that I'm really looking forward to the new Raconteurs LP.At this point he's like - "You wanna come out to the show tonight?" I tell him hell yeah and the dude with him(who barely said a word) hands me 2 all access passes. Jack spends $300 on LP's and gives me an address(I think his home address given the location), to mail the records to(except a couple he took with him). He shook my hand, thanked ME for the conversation and that was that. I ended up in the second row, dead center. AND Jack dedicated a song to "That dude from the record store earlier who knew all about Skip James". It was a night I will not soon forget. :D"

dasuitekilla
07-27-2007, 02:04 AM
www.EFFNETPHORIA.ORG?

:erm:

tcm
07-27-2007, 02:32 AM
man they totally scooped us!! we really need to step it up, Netphoria, or we're in big trouble!!

j.willard
07-27-2007, 02:34 AM
THUNDERSHIT! What a ruse. Last time I trust garbled text in a user-submitted entry!

wpc33
07-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Awesome story. Jack White is a cucumber. As in cool as.

Cool As Ice Cream
07-27-2007, 02:59 AM
the day before the pumpkins played brussels this year, billy went to this tiny record store there and apparently he bought for 1000 euro of vinyl.

cork_soaker
07-27-2007, 03:03 AM
it would of been better with different riffs, some with anger

thisistheend
07-27-2007, 03:04 AM
white strips. conan. a whole week.
there.

cork_soaker
07-27-2007, 03:07 AM
i am so advanced i can barely speak, some with anger

Cool As Ice Cream
07-27-2007, 03:10 AM
I KNOW THE STRELLIES

cork_soaker
07-27-2007, 03:31 AM
I KNOW THE STRELLIES
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS BUT WILL U PLZ TELL ME IN SECRET? PM ME SO WE CAN RLLY TALK, K?

PitchforkReader
07-27-2007, 03:35 AM
the white stripes would be better with different riffs; some with anger

Floppy Nono
07-27-2007, 03:39 AM
are you kidding me? the "exclusive" of jack white "talking about the pumpkins and zwan" is a blurb on how he doesn't even know what zwan or zeitgeist actually are?

really? you've got to be a shitting me....

Cool As Ice Cream
07-27-2007, 03:57 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS BUT WILL U PLZ TELL ME IN SECRET? PM ME SO WE CAN RLLY TALK, K?
its the lyrics from death from above

mistle
07-27-2007, 04:12 AM
hey, i think it's nice to know that jack likes msots too

Thomas
07-27-2007, 06:06 AM
its the lyrics from death from above

come on man... it's not "strellies", it's "screllys"

:rofl:

andrewface
07-27-2007, 06:19 AM
icky thump is crazy good

slunken
07-27-2007, 06:29 AM
ya know guys zwan IS great summertime music...

edit

zwan<<<<<< summer <<<<<<< zeitgeist

Cool As Ice Cream
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM
come on man... it's not "strellies", it's "screllys"

:rofl:
BOY IS MY FACE RED :o

Pug Superstar
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm not really into Jack White or his band, but I do have to agree that Zwan's album is an awesome summertime record. Nothing like taking a long drive with the top down and grooving to that CD.

Oddly enough though, the actual song "Endless Summer," isn't one of my favorites from that album.

The Trashbirds
07-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Count me as a Jack White fanboy. I mean, the dude has put out 6 straight 4+ star LPs (The White Stripes, De Stijl, White Blood Cells, Elephant, Get Behind Me Satan, Icky Thump). That type of consistency is hard to match.

Well, count me as a White Stripes fanboy, actually. I really don't like The Raconteurs.

silent_brian13
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
i do enjoy the white stripes. jack is pretty creative with the guitar. raconteurs weren't that bad, blue veins is a killer song.

and cork_soaker...i meant something different and typed it kinda weird. can't go back now, so enjoy.

if there is a llama
07-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I like the White Stripes, but that "exclusive" was pretty lame.

I posted the whole thing as a comment on the pumpkins official page, because it's lame that the poster was just trying to get people to register at effnetphoria.

Zandoz
07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
The White Stripes and the Raconteurs are kick ass. I was just listening to The Raconteurs yesterday, really psychedelic. Whooooooooo.

Effloresce
07-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Wow, he really talked Pumpkins! One sentence!

Amazing!

Rarely
07-28-2007, 08:22 AM
"great summertime record"

what the fuck does that even mean? you guys are faggots for thinking stupid shit like that

StarErrin
07-28-2007, 08:25 AM
i respect Jack White. Except for the whole Von Bondies shit. But hell anyone who tours all the provinces of Canada gets 5 stars from me

Zandoz
07-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Icky Thump makes me smile downstairs.

j u n e
07-28-2007, 04:26 PM
i love skip james.