View Full Version : Do you think that it is wrong to wear an SP shirt to a Zwan concert?


KingJeremy
06-13-2002, 04:28 PM
I was wondering this the other day and wanted other's opinions.

------------------
sear those thoughts of me
alone and unhappy
i never liked me anyway
if by chance
or circumstance
we should fail
don't be so sad

pale_princess
06-13-2002, 04:43 PM
it's not wrong, per se, it's just pretty gay.

------------------
queen of the fakes (http://www.livejournal.com/users/shaunna),
an imitator
time's a revelator.

http://gs.cdnow.com/graphics/COVERART/local/L/00/20/00390020.jpg

KingJeremy
06-13-2002, 04:53 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by pale_princess:
it's not wrong, per se, it's just pretty gay.

</font>

gay as in homosexual?
or gay as in dumb?

------------------
sear those thoughts of me
alone and unhappy
i never liked me anyway
if by chance
or circumstance
we should fail
don't be so sad

Irrelevant
06-13-2002, 05:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KingJeremy:
gay as in homosexual?
or gay as in dumb?

</font>

there's a difference?

Nate the Grate
06-13-2002, 05:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Irrelevant:
there's a difference?</font>

Post of the Day

peabody
06-13-2002, 06:00 PM
tee hee

Guen
06-13-2002, 07:05 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Irrelevant:
there's a difference?</font>

not funny. at all.

raygun187
06-13-2002, 07:17 PM
To the newbie offended by the gay joke....its ok, the gay/fag jokes are all tongue in cheek comments (by most people). I made the same mistake.....anyway, it is totally gay to wear a SP shirt to a Zwan show. That is even worse than wearing a SP shirt to a SP show, or a Hurley shirt to Blink 182.

Spaceboy917
06-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Gay slurs are offensive enough...not to mention they're really pretty un-creative...incinuating that gays are dumb though is beyond juvenile. It's not funny.

------------------
...in a dream, we are connected
siamese twins (http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/Rico917) at the wrist (http://www.angelfire.com/wy/allclones)

[This message has been edited by Spaceboy917 (edited 06-13-2002).]

Deege
06-13-2002, 08:08 PM
first of all, Gay jokes are stupid, you asshole.
2nd, its not wrong to wear any shirt to any concert. Theres no fucking dress code.

------------------
No way to disconnect

Matt--
06-13-2002, 08:22 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Guen:
not funny. at all.</font>

yeah it was.

[This message has been edited by Matt-- (edited 06-13-2002).]

Fish
06-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Made me laugh. Some people need to take dicks out of their asses and relax. Also yes, it is wrong. Buddyhead says so. Buddyhead is for the children.

Smiley
06-13-2002, 09:16 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Deege:
first of all, Gay jokes are stupid, you asshole.</font>

http://www.suicidekiss.org/forumimages/reminder.jpg

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

Deege
06-13-2002, 09:28 PM
nice broken link....

Red Wine Cage
06-13-2002, 09:59 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Fish:
Made me laugh. Some people need to take dicks out of their asses and relax. Also yes, it is wrong. Buddyhead says so. Buddyhead is for the children.</font>
fo shizzle mah nizzle.

The Gaddrow
06-13-2002, 10:27 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Deege:
...its not wrong to wear any shirt to any concert.</font> No, but it is pretty lame to wear a band shirt to another bands concert. Even lamer to wear a bands shirt to their own concert. In the case of the Pumpkins shirts at Zwan shows, that's just insulting.<font size=1><font color=black>



[This message has been edited by The Gaddrow (edited 06-13-2002).]

KingJeremy
06-13-2002, 10:30 PM
Well then there are a bunch of lame people at concerts if you see it that way. I bet at least 75% of people at concerts have band shirts on.

------------------
sear those thoughts of me
alone and unhappy
i never liked me anyway
if by chance
or circumstance
we should fail
don't be so sad

The Gaddrow
06-13-2002, 10:31 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KingJeremy:
Well then there are a bunch of lame people at concerts if you see it that way.</font> Yep.

Jesse Miller
06-14-2002, 12:18 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
No, but it is pretty lame to wear a band shirt to another bands concert. Even lamer to wear a bands shirt to their own concert. In the case of the Pumpkins shirts at Zwan shows, that's just insulting.
</font>

And it's even lamer to even give a fuck what other people think about what you wear.

I hope you graduate high school some time soon.

------------------
http://nintendoatlantis.homestead.com/files/SMB2_Awart.gif

[This message has been edited by Jesse Miller (edited 06-14-2002).]

Deege
06-14-2002, 12:25 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley:
http://www.suicidekiss.org/forumimages/reminder.jpg

</font>

ok, so the image finally loaded. And no, I'm not gay...but I have friends that are.

The Gaddrow
06-14-2002, 12:36 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jesse Miller:
And it's even lamer to even give a fuck what other people think about what you wear.</font> As lame as it is to give a fuck as to what I perceive as being lame?

Guen
06-14-2002, 12:46 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Fish:
Some people need to take dicks out of their asses and relax. </font>

i'm a chick, asshole.

Jesse Miller
06-14-2002, 01:01 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
As lame as it is to give a fuck as to what I perceive as being lame?</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif OK.

------------------
http://nintendoatlantis.homestead.com/files/SMB2_Awart.gif

Red Wine Cage
06-14-2002, 01:17 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Guen:
i'm a chick, asshole.</font>

and? women don't have asses?

The Gaddrow
06-14-2002, 02:55 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jesse Miller:
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif OK.</font> Pre-fucking-cisely.

BeautifulLoser
06-14-2002, 05:55 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KingJeremy:
Well then there are a bunch of lame people at concerts if you see it that way. I bet at least 75% of people at concerts have band shirts on.

</font>

And I laugh at them all.

------------------
AIM: JenniferZero

censored25: Dont be sad, Jesus loves your ass

challis
06-14-2002, 08:01 AM
i think its ok wearing band t-shirts at gigs as some one mentioned there ain't a dress code. your at the gig to see the main band anyway so it isn't insulting. It might be if you were wearing the support bands t-shirt(maybe).

Junebug
06-14-2002, 10:31 AM
The whole issue is pretty weird...however wearing an SP shirt to a Zwan show, in my opinion, is pointless. What are you trying to say by wearing it? That you're a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins? Join the club. But in most circumstances, I don't think it's that bad. For me its a purpose issue. I always assume the whole point of wearing one band's shirt at another band's concert is to attract other fans of that band. No harm in that, I don't think, but it makes wearing a Radiohead shirt to a Radiohead concert seem kind of silly. I spent way too much time overanalyzing this topic. Wear whatever you want. Just be prepared for people to laugh at you.

Electro
06-14-2002, 04:49 PM
i think its just weird because it might seem that you look at Zwan as the new Smashing Pumpkins, instead of the different band that they are, but wear your shirt, thats only my opinion.

hereisnowhy
06-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Gotta support the team.

Mayfuck
06-14-2002, 06:35 PM
This thread is fucking gayer than AIDS.

Elvis The Naked Years
06-15-2002, 06:28 AM
there's no fucking way I'm gonna catch 'gay'.

Eulogy
06-15-2002, 10:48 AM
THEY'RE JUST FUCKING T-SHIRTS.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

Seriously. I don't see why it would be any gayer than wearing any other kind of t-shirt.

When I wear a band t-shirt...it's not because I want to proclaim my love for the band...and when I wear a shirt that has a sports team name on it, it's not so people know I like that team. IT'S JUST CLOTHES.

raygun187
06-15-2002, 03:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Eulogy:
THEY'RE JUST FUCKING T-SHIRTS.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

Seriously. I don't see why it would be any gayer than wearing any other kind of t-shirt.

When I wear a band t-shirt...it's not because I want to proclaim my love for the band...and when I wear a shirt that has a sports team name on it, it's not so people know I like that team. IT'S JUST CLOTHES.</font>

If they were "just clothes" then why do you have to wear a SP shirt to see SP? By wearing that shirt, you are trying to say something (whatever it may be). If you weren't trying to fit in, look cool, show how much you love the band (whatever it is that possesses you people to do this), you would just wear your normal fucking clothes.

Eulogy
06-15-2002, 04:03 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by raygun187:
If they were "just clothes" then why do you have to wear a SP shirt to see SP? By wearing that shirt, you are trying to say something (whatever it may be). If you weren't trying to fit in, look cool, show how much you love the band (whatever it is that possesses you people to do this), you would just wear your normal fucking clothes.</font>


Why would a smashing pumpkins shirt be any less normal??

I might be the only one, but I don't pause every morning and ask myself what I'm going to wear. If it's warm I grab a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I rarely pay attention to what I'm putting on. If it's cold out, I put on jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and maybe a sweatshirt. I don't try and make statements about who I am and what I like with my clothes. My clothes are not who I am. Understand?

Undone
06-15-2002, 08:36 PM
<font color="CC33CC">Clothes will neither help nor deter from most Netphorians' fuckiness, therefore, it really doesn't matter. Carry on.

raygun187
06-16-2002, 03:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Eulogy:

Why would a smashing pumpkins shirt be any less normal??

I might be the only one, but I don't pause every morning and ask myself what I'm going to wear. If it's warm I grab a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I rarely pay attention to what I'm putting on. If it's cold out, I put on jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and maybe a sweatshirt. I don't try and make statements about who I am and what I like with my clothes. My clothes are not who I am. Understand?</font>

I get what you are saying. I just find it hard to believe that the 2000 people wearing a Hurley or Blink 182 shirt at the Blink 182/Green Day show I went to all would have worn that shirt that day had there not been a Blink 182 concert to go to. Maybe YOU don't try and make statements about who you are with your clothes, but I guarantee you a good portion of those people either want to fit in, or expect people to come up to them and say "Blink rocks" or "cool shirt" when they put it on that day. So, sorry, if you got the shirt on, I'm gonna lump you in with everyone else that did it and laugh at how you have the same shirt on as 2000 other people.

[This message has been edited by raygun187 (edited 06-16-2002).]

pale_princess
06-16-2002, 04:44 PM
it's only gay if you wear teh pumpkins shirt on purpose. if it's the first thing you picked out of the hamper to throw on... then it's cool.

MonteLDS
06-16-2002, 06:14 PM
i was wearing my Zero outfit for the Roxy Show. I really don't think it matters cause i see people always go to other concerts wearing other bands shirts or for eg. A Perfect Circle shirt to a Tool show..

raygun187
06-17-2002, 05:49 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MonteLDS:
i was wearing my Zero outfit for the Roxy Show. I really don't think it matters cause i see people always go to other concerts wearing other bands shirts or for eg. A Perfect Circle shirt to a Tool show.. </font>

Fuck, I give up. I guess theres no point in preaching to the people who just don't get it and aren't going to get it. I've worn the bands shirt at a show before, and I personally felt like a huge tool. That was 7 years ago and I learned real quick. Whatever, wear your perfect circle shirt to see tool, you'll be the coolest person there!

The Gaddrow
06-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Yes, because afterall, it's all about being cool.

Eulogy
06-17-2002, 07:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by raygun187:
Fuck, I give up. I guess theres no point in preaching to the people who just don't get it and aren't going to get it. I've worn the bands shirt at a show before, and I personally felt like a huge tool. That was 7 years ago and I learned real quick. Whatever, wear your perfect circle shirt to see tool, you'll be the coolest person there! </font>


Do you think that everyone at concerts plans out a way to make everyone there think they're cool? Chances are, you'll never see any of those people again, so who gives a fuck? Really. Who does? Other than you, of course.

mojo
06-17-2002, 10:29 PM
all band t-shirts are rightly associated with bad skin, death-ray breath and self-administered sexual pleasure. a shirt is like a record - it has it's on asthetic value and the asthetic value of a band T-shirt is nil. i do think the idea of someone worrying about this pumpkins t-shirt at a zwan gig issue is very very funny.

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 01:00 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Spaceboy917:
Gay slurs are offensive enough...not to mention they're really pretty un-creative...incinuating that gays are dumb though is beyond juvenile. It's not funny.

</font>

Not



------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 01:01 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jesse Miller:
And it's even lamer to even give a fuck what other people think about what you wear.

I hope you graduate high school some time soon.

</font>


Fucking Aye


------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 01:02 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Guen:
i'm a chick, asshole.</font>

well what the fuck is your prob then......

Siamese Dreamer
06-18-2002, 01:04 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mayfuck:
This thread is fucking gayer than AIDS.</font>

LMFAO........... Hell Yeah



------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U