View Full Version : METRO DVD OFF

collectspumpkins
05-31-2002, 12:17 PM
I know, it isn't any big surprise. But with BC focusing on Zwan now, it made getting the necessary resources together for this release impossible. There is a chance it could see the light of day in the future, but who knows how long that would be.

Here was the link from the original O-board post where psyche (admin) says it is a dead project currently:

http://sony6.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=503293087&f=7342970151&m=6022901245

gish1991
05-31-2002, 12:33 PM
hehehe, someone mentioned 2007 is when it should be released . . . .*laffs*

------------------
Me and Jenny was like peas and carrots again!

Dead
05-31-2002, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Crappy news. Billy is forgetting the SP fans who made him what he is!! At least we know not to expect it anymore though.

Hmm maybe that other Metro recording will get out now.

MonteLDS
05-31-2002, 12:44 PM
well this is deffently making my week better Lost best friend --> car broke down ---> lost dads gas cap to his car ---> No SP Metro DVD. Hey whats next?

Vacancy
05-31-2002, 12:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MonteLDS:
well this is deffently making my week better Lost best friend --> car broke down ---> lost dads gas cap to his car ---> No SP Metro DVD. Hey whats next?</font>

maybe your tear ducts will dry out you fucking cry baby

------------------
8-16-02 TOOL - The Fleet Center - Boston, Ma.

I love God.

aim - shesellsmelsd

MonteLDS
05-31-2002, 12:52 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Vacancy:
maybe your tear ducts will dry out you *EDIT* cry baby</font>

oh brother. Anyways so i guess the pumpkins are truly defunked as far as releases go

sarmatianus
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
I don't get it. Why the hell does Billy need to be intensively involved in the creation anyway? It's not like he has to edit the thing by himself - he just has to approve how someone else does it.

Like the Music Videos DVD - how much did BC need to be working on that himself, hands on? He only needed to do commentary tracks and supervise it.

I personally would do it for free, if I thought they'd take volunteers. I have more than enough technical experience.

ZeroHero3317
05-31-2002, 02:14 PM
Jesus Christ! Would everybody get over this band?!! They broke up, that means they are no longer together, releasing media. They all have new projects and I for one would much rather have new albums from Zwan or the Virgins then a metro DVD. Get over it.

pale_princess
05-31-2002, 02:18 PM
surprise, surprise.

Fathoms (unadored)
05-31-2002, 02:28 PM
damn

------------------
http://www.astralsociety.org/asforum/YaBBImages/avatars/mononoke-1.gif

azvd
05-31-2002, 02:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sarmatianus:
Like the Music Videos DVD - how much did BC need to be working on that himself, hands on? He only needed to do commentary tracks and supervise it.</font>

...and the baldhead fucking forgot to add the "Graceful Swans Of Never" to it. Shall the AUD tape be leaked from the gates of hell!!!

-AZVD.

------------------
Should you feel the need to throw the first stone through my window (http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/azvd/index.htm)

Disarmed
05-31-2002, 03:04 PM
lame

Eulogy
05-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Fucking hell. YOU LIED TO US ALL, JACKASS! RIGHT TO OUR FACES.

But seriously now, how much fucking effort would it really take to throw this thing together? The quality doesn't even have to be that high. I just want to see it, dammit.

Injektilo
05-31-2002, 05:20 PM
Who the hell said they would rather have a release from Zwan than the DVD? The metro DVD was/is gonna be way better than anything zwan will ever do. I like zwan, but they're not The Smashing Pumpkins.

Metro DVD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zwan release.

------------------
how'd this world get so fucking fun, all of a sudden?

Injektilo
05-31-2002, 05:23 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Eulogy:

But seriously now, how much fucking effort would it really take to throw this thing together? The quality doesn't even have to be that high. I just want to see it, dammit.

</font>

exactly. don't even edit the damn show, just show it all from one fucking camera angle. I just wanna have the whole show on decent sound quality, thats all.

------------------
how'd this world get so fucking fun, all of a sudden?

MayonaiseOfTheGraySkies
05-31-2002, 05:27 PM
fucking shit, i missed the end of the show, i.e. silverfuck and 1979, passing out CR-05s. i justified it to myself saying at least there'll be a dvd so i can see what i missed. fucking shit.

what's going to piss me off even more is if he releases some GATMOG/machina remix disc. he should've been focusing on the Metro dvd instead of making gay machina sister sites the last 2 years.

[This message has been edited by MayonaiseOfTheGraySkies (edited 05-31-2002).]

If It Feels Good, Do Me
05-31-2002, 05:50 PM
NEWSFLASH: Billy Corgan doesn't owe you shit. How difficult is that for you to understand you fucking pussies? The man is involved in so many projects, and he has to prioitize them accordingly. He spends 10+ hours a day working hard on some kind of project while some of you spend 10+ hours jacking off you ungrateful dipshits. Did you ever think maybe he's tired of doing DVD production work since he spent so much time on it this past year, and maybe wants to do something else, like, i don't know, RECORD A NEW FUCKING RECORD? Do you want to wait another 2 years for a Zwan album or do you want another DVD for songs you already know?

And don't spout this shit about "all he has to do is approve whatever comes across his desk." If it was my band and I had done all that rehearsing to put together a 38-song epic show, then I would sure as hell want to have a heavy hand in any kind of major video production of it. What if he didn't like what had been put together by someone else? Then they would have to haul all their shit back to the editing room, do it again, and then bring it back to him. That alone could take a couple of fucking years anyway!

Also, did it ever occur to you that he's not thrilled with the idea of Virgin Records making even more money off of him considering the way they've sued and battled with him over the last few years?

I think another thing that's in play here is that all you pussies who didn't get to go to the Metro show, for whatever reason, still have ill will toward billy for performing the final concert in such a small venue without allowing any kind of mp3 distribution. Well boo hoo. You don't always get everything you want in life, and this band has been more than generous in the past concerning bootlegs and such. How many bands do you know that even announce when they are nearing the end of their existence? Then tell me how many bands you know that release 2 DVD's in a single calendar year, which is what you're asking them to do. Suck it up and act like an adult instead of a crybaby. Sometimes I wonder how much stuff we HAVEN'T gotten from the band due to some of you ignorant whiny bitches who constantly get on Billy's nerves and piss him off.

So here's what you need to do. Shut your fucking face, let Billy do what he wants with HIS shit, and if you don't like his decisions, show your displeasure by not buying any future Zwan or SP albums or merchandise. But most of you will anyway, because you're goddamn idiots. And then maybe at some point in the future, when he feels like your maturity level has surpassed that of a 2 year old, he'll look at finding a way to restart the project.

Red Wine Cage
05-31-2002, 06:27 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Injektilo:
Who the hell said they would rather have a release from Zwan than the DVD? </font>
some guy with like, 10 Pumpkin songs in his name...just ignore him.

corganballs
05-31-2002, 06:39 PM
exactly. don't even edit the damn show, just show it all from one fucking camera angle. I just wanna have the whole show on decent sound quality, thats all.

</font>

A lot of us already saw the whole show with decent sound quality.

corganballs

Dead
05-31-2002, 07:25 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by azvd:
...and the baldhead fucking forgot to add the "Graceful Swans Of Never" to it.
</font>

Yeah DVD Swans would be nice, but my VCD & SVCD Swans kick adequate ass so its alright. I was just watching it today, in fact. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=875912242">Yippee.</a>

liquid slide
05-31-2002, 08:03 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by If It Feels Good, Do Me:
NEWSFLASH: Billy Corgan doesn't owe you shit. How difficult is that for you to understand you fucking pussies? The man is involved in so many projects, and he has to prioitize them accordingly. He spends 10+ hours a day working hard on some kind of project while some of you spend 10+ hours jacking off you ungrateful dipshits. Did you ever think maybe he's tired of doing DVD production work since he spent so much time on it this past year, and maybe wants to do something else, like, i don't know, RECORD A NEW FUCKING RECORD? Do you want to wait another 2 years for a Zwan album or do you want another DVD for songs you already know?

And don't spout this shit about "all he has to do is approve whatever comes across his desk." If it was my band and I had done all that rehearsing to put together a 38-song epic show, then I would sure as hell want to have a heavy hand in any kind of major video production of it. What if he didn't like what had been put together by someone else? Then they would have to haul all their shit back to the editing room, do it again, and then bring it back to him. That alone could take a couple of fucking years anyway!

Also, did it ever occur to you that he's not thrilled with the idea of Virgin Records making even more money off of him considering the way they've sued and battled with him over the last few years?

I think another thing that's in play here is that all you pussies who didn't get to go to the Metro show, for whatever reason, still have ill will toward billy for performing the final concert in such a small venue without allowing any kind of mp3 distribution. Well boo hoo. You don't always get everything you want in life, and this band has been more than generous in the past concerning bootlegs and such. How many bands do you know that even announce when they are nearing the end of their existence? Then tell me how many bands you know that release 2 DVD's in a single calendar year, which is what you're asking them to do. Suck it up and act like an adult instead of a crybaby. Sometimes I wonder how much stuff we HAVEN'T gotten from the band due to some of you ignorant whiny bitches who constantly get on Billy's nerves and piss him off.

So here's what you need to do. Shut your fucking face, let Billy do what he wants with HIS shit, and if you don't like his decisions, show your displeasure by not buying any future Zwan or SP albums or merchandise. But most of you will anyway, because you're goddamn idiots. And then maybe at some point in the future, when he feels like your maturity level has surpassed that of a 2 year old, he'll look at finding a way to restart the project.</font>you made some very good points, except i disagree with some.

they should not show their anger over the metro dvd by not supporting zwan etc. i think a smashing pumpkins messageboard (it's still called that isn't it?) is a perfectly valid place to voice their opinions in. i personally would rather have the metro dvd than a new zwan record. why? i honestly don't know. personal preference i guess. people are not trying to keep the smashing pumpkins alive by wanting the metro dvd, they're just trying to get a little more of the band they love, nothing to do with not letting billy get on with his life etc.
despite all the pumpkins have done, i just feel bad for myself. it may be selfish, but that's honesty for you, i love everything the band did, and i appreciate how much they did, i just feel bad about the dvd.

------------------
the aeroplane moves whether you want it to or not. cram packed with fuel injected jet missile action, this is war motherfucker and don't you forget it for one second.

[This message has been edited by liquid slide (edited 05-31-2002).]

Johnny Zoloft
05-31-2002, 08:24 PM
<html>
<font size="22">
<font face="courier">
<marquee>
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK????????
</marquee>
</font>
</html>

Smoothie
05-31-2002, 11:54 PM
So can people with the SBD copy start sharing now?

-Nick

OffTopicMan
06-01-2002, 01:55 AM
Not sure if I can give it out yet

bullet radio
06-01-2002, 02:31 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by OffTopicMan:
Not sure if I can give it out yet</font>

God save the queen

kenrick

sugarsickness
06-01-2002, 02:33 AM

dude. you're back!

daemon
06-01-2002, 02:35 AM
TSP have been my favorite group for 13 years now.I have poured lots of cash into the SP machine.If it's true that this Metro dvd issue is Billy's fault then he can kiss my
#%*damn ass.That son of a *%#$@!Now please excuse me while I releave some stress by listening to Adore.

CandyPotter
06-01-2002, 03:38 AM
Do Me's, right, folks.

It's a disappointment, but getting this out this soon would have been seriously bending over backwards for us.

Who knows what's on his plate at this point. This sucks, but there's no way I'm going to hold it against him, especially given that we're dealing with far from perfect information.

Maybe I'm alone here, but all I really want from him right now is to practice with his new band, get even better, cut a record and get his ass back onstage.

Jesse Miller
06-01-2002, 03:55 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ZeroHero3317:
Jesus Christ! Would everybody get over this band?!! They broke up, that means they are no longer together, releasing media. They all have new projects and I for one would much rather have new albums from Zwan or the Virgins then a metro DVD. Get over it.</font>

Wow. Thanks for being so solid gay.

------------------
"No anchovies? You got the wrong man. I spell my name 'Danger'!"

Deege
06-01-2002, 04:35 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by If It Feels Good, Do Me:
Do you want to wait another 2 years for a Zwan album or do you want another DVD for songs you already know?
</font>

Well, considering the fact that The Smashing Pumpkins own Zwan 8 ways to sunday, I'd rather see the Metro DVD, but that's just me...
Zwan is pretty boring to me...and I like mellow music! Maybe their studio stuff will kick ass, but I'll wait until I hear it...

------------------
No way to disconnect

Datura
06-01-2002, 05:21 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ZeroHero3317:
Jesus Christ! Would everybody get over this band?!! They broke up, that means they are no longer together, releasing media. They all have new projects and I for one would much rather have new albums from Zwan or the Virgins then a metro DVD. Get over it.</font>

<html>
<font size="22">
<font face="courier">
<marquee>
ARE YOU A RETARD?
</marquee>
</font>
</html>

-Cansun

------------------
http://www.gbdesigns.com/freaksandgeeks/photos/misc/logo_freaks.gif

Eulogy
06-01-2002, 11:43 AM
[rant]</font>

Um, if he's gonna be too busy too put together a DVD, then he shouldn't announce that he's going to be giving us one "sometime next year."

That's the problem. I wouldn't be tha disappointed if he hadn't told everyone that he was gonna do it.

And I'd also much rather have a Metro DVD than a Zwan release. And I like Zwan.

ZeroDivide
06-01-2002, 11:43 AM
It'll come out eventually. If it comes out in ten years... who cares? I know that I'll get to see it eventually. Like everyone said, it won't require a huge amount of work to get ready for release, so I think that the possibility of it being worked up for some future release is high.

------------------
http://home.iprimus.com.au/cpfranklin/halo/halosig.JPG (http://www.halo-17.net) http://home.iprimus.com.au/cpfranklin/halo/qlchap.JPG (http://www.halo-17.net)

OffTopicMan
06-01-2002, 11:45 AM

McDonalds coupons that is

Eulogy
06-01-2002, 11:50 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ZeroDivide:
It'll come out eventually. If it comes out in ten years... who cares?

</font>

In ten years, I seriously doubt I'll want a DVD of that show as much as I do now.

Hell, I might not even like the band anymore.

happy peter pan
06-01-2002, 12:00 PM
Do you want to wait another 2 years for a Zwan album or do you want another DVD for songs you already know?</font>

Personally, I'd like the DVD. The Pumpkins were 100x better and interesting musically than Zwan.

------------------
http://www.asparagusproductions.com/tomahawk/20020201adelaide-mike03.jpg
Put on the mask and dance for daddy (http://www.geocities.com/atari_monster/spboots.html)

Smoothie
06-01-2002, 02:52 PM
McDonalds coupons that is</font>

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I've got some Domino's coupons I'll trade you.... E-mail if interested.

-Nick

Slurpee
06-01-2002, 03:22 PM
The reason we need this DVD is simple: Silverfuck. I must hear it. I need to hear it. Don't give me one of those bullshit, three paragraph long "No one needs anything" posts, either. I NEED to hear it. If you don't understand why, go read the lyrics from the SPFC.

I will name my first child after anyone who comes out and releases their formerly non-existant recording of the show. Actually, fuck the show, just release Silverfuck.

MayonaiseOfTheGraySkies
06-01-2002, 03:46 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Slurpee:
Silverfuck. I must hear it. just release Silverfuck.</font>

Mooney
06-01-2002, 04:18 PM
am i the only one who wasn't expecting a dvd since the day that the concert was recorded?

------------------
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid11/p9b61d52cf9158d52a07531cff7490751/fe0bf97c.jpg

Dead
06-01-2002, 04:24 PM
I'd also much rather have a Metro DVD than a Zwan release. And I like Zwan.
</font>

Same here. Its guaranteed there will be Zwan releases in the future, but this DVD may never come out.

Woody
06-01-2002, 05:30 PM
The reason we need this DVD is simple: Silverfuck. I must hear it. I need to hear it. Don't give me one of those bullshit, three paragraph long "No one needs anything" posts, either. I NEED to hear it. If you don't understand why, go read the lyrics from the SPFC.

I will name my first child after anyone who comes out and releases their formerly non-existant recording of the show. Actually, fuck the show, just release Silverfuck.</font>

Agreed.
Now that the dvd isnt happening.
We, the people who aren't in the loop, demand the final Silverfuck be given to us. Anally, if possible.

------------------
no bodies ever knew, no bodies felt like you.

CandyPotter
06-01-2002, 07:46 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by ZeroDivide:
It'll come out eventually. If it comes out in ten years... who cares?</font>

If it comes out in 10 years, I'd expect a fucking VR rendering.

the very best fan
06-01-2002, 07:56 PM
i dont get it. i have the whole entire show on this computer format that i got from this guy who works at starbucks. its a really cool show espeacially silverfuck i wish i was there.

Enzed
06-01-2002, 08:16 PM
McDonalds coupons that is</font>

Got any fillet O Fish ones?

------------------
http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/images/main/misc/KIWI.JPG kiwi (http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/chrishob/trading.htm)

Lunadisarm
06-01-2002, 08:25 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by daemon:
TSP have been my favorite group for 13 years now.I have poured lots of cash into the SP machine.If it's true that this Metro dvd issue is Billy's fault then he can kiss my
#%*damn ass.That son of a *%#$@!Now please excuse me while I releave some stress by listening to Adore.</font>

Sure.

Virex Kills
06-01-2002, 08:52 PM
The question is...am I going to appreciate The Everlasting Gaze and Sivlerfuck as much in 20 years when I'm 41? I dont think so. I can already picture myself watching it with the volume real low so I wont damage my hearing.

------------------
http://virex.cxddesign.com/banner.jpg (http://virex.cxddesign.com)

Datura
06-02-2002, 11:14 AM

</font>

------------------
http://www.gbdesigns.com/freaksandgeeks/photos/misc/logo_freaks.gif

OffTopicMan
06-02-2002, 11:48 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Enzed:
Got any fillet O Fish ones?

</font>

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Siamese Dreamer
06-02-2002, 07:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by If it feels good, do me:

2 DVD's in a single calendar year</font>

what two DVD?? Greatest Hits and????

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by the very best fan:i dont get it. i have the whole entire show on this computer format that i got from this guy who works at starbucks. its a really cool show espeacially silverfuck i wish i was there.</font>

I want a copy, what would I have to do to get one!

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Raskolnikov
06-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Whoever made the point originally, I'd have to agree.

10 years down the road from now, I'm sure I'll still buy the video. I hesitate to use the phrase DVD 'cause by then, there might be something one step above it. Whatever.

The point is that I'll still buy it - they'll always be my favorite band, and I'll always owe 'em for helping me to hone my skills when it comes to deciding what's worth listening to and what's not listening to.

But when I'm 30 years old with kids... will I enjoy it nearly as much as I would in 2 months? Nope.

Commercially, it's an even worse decision to release it X years from now. The fans who might buy it today 'cause they bought Mellon Collie or Gish or whatever probably won't buy it X years from now, just because interests wane, and that's the way it works.

We'll see... we'll see.

sarmatianus
06-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know how to contact Bart Lipton?

mytransgressions
06-05-2002, 04:34 AM
the album will be released at maximum profit potential - a year and two months from now ... As Zwan is kicking ass and SP kids are getting sentimental about the pumpkins and people who are curious about Zwan will want to look into the pumpkins.

So let it be done

Virex Kills
06-05-2002, 02:29 PM
That's a good point (regarding what the post above this one said).

Releasing the Metro DVD would be more profitable once Zwan is bigger. Because right now, the Zwan crowd is just a subdivision of the SP crowd.

Eventually...Zwan will have it's own non-SP fans. So when the dvd comes out, they'll surely check it out. I'll laugh my ass off though if the Metro DVD is pitched with the label "Featuring Billy and Jimmy from Zwan!"

------------------
http://virex.cxddesign.com/banner.jpg (http://virex.cxddesign.com)

Vanity Must Die
06-07-2002, 10:41 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by corganballs:

A lot of us already saw the whole show with decent sound quality.</font>

And a lot more of us didn't, assclown.

Hoorah for you, though.

>Trent

corganballs
06-07-2002, 04:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Vanity Must Die:

Hoorah for (me)

>Trent</font>

Thanks!

corgnaballs

nevermind
06-07-2002, 05:17 PM
maybe mr anonymous hoarder who actually has a full recording of the show will let it out now...

haha...yeah, sorry. i just decided to take a trip to fantasy land there for a second. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

collectspumpkins
06-07-2002, 06:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by nevermind:
maybe mr anonymous hoarder who actually has a full recording of the show will let it out now...

haha...yeah, sorry. i just decided to take a trip to fantasy land there for a second. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif</font>

Finally someone focuses on the real core of the post...the mysterious post from one Mr. Offtopicman. Now we all pretty well know who OTM is...the question is, will the show get out and how did OTM get the soundboard....hmm.

DeviousJ
06-07-2002, 06:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:
</font>

Go stand in the corner

Kill the Joy
06-09-2002, 06:00 AM
No DVD???

Oh god, I think I'll just go throw myself off a bridge now

------------------
( insert clever Sig )

Kill the Joy
06-09-2002, 06:04 AM
OMG NO DVD???

Im gona throw myself offa bridge now

------------------
( insert clever Sig )

twitch1979
06-09-2002, 07:43 AM
hay

just something u guys should consider. If there is a will there is usally (on a more optamistic level ALWAYS)a way. I rember seeing a link on here to a guys homepage who did the lighting for the Metro show, as well as some on there Japan shows. Now most lighting guys like to have a copy of the show on vid so they can check out there work. The bands know this and are kool with it. Now , on that dudes website he had like 2 2o second clips in really bad quality of the metro. So hands up who thinks this dude has the whole show !

task: Someone who knows where he lives, or what band he is currently doing lighting for,track him down and cut him a deal for a copy, and , if he dosent listen to reason then simply break into his vault and "borrow" it, just like what happpened with the "666" doco thing!

email me if you agree

rawk@iinet.net.au

cheers

Jamie

BeautifulLoser
06-09-2002, 08:05 AM

Metro DVD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zwan release.

</font>

------------------
AIM: JenniferZero

censored25: Dont be sad, Jesus loves your ass

Fonzie
06-09-2002, 05:28 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by collectspumpkins:
Finally someone focuses on the real core of the post...the mysterious post from one Mr. Offtopicman. Now we all pretty well know who OTM is...the question is, will the show get out and how did OTM get the soundboard....hmm.

</font>

Now, if Mr. OffTopicMan DOES have a recording of the show, then perhaps it will be released at some point. However, he didn't explicitly say he has it.

And I'm still waiting for absolute confirmation it's off, or delayed or whatever. Not 'some admin was told by another admin that he heard that Billy may have said...'

------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

sarmatianus
06-10-2002, 12:42 AM
C'mon, there are two MD recordings already. Assuming the second doesn't circulate outside of the "circle" and the first stays on schedule, the whole show will be available in some form by January 2004.

monto
06-10-2002, 01:48 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sarmatianus:
C'mon, there are two MD recordings already. Assuming the second doesn't circulate outside of the "circle" and the first stays on schedule, the whole show will be available in some form by January 2004.</font>but who wants a stinkin AUD/MD recording when there's a SBD http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Quiet CD
06-10-2002, 04:18 AM
Just some points

A) Billy I think is more focused now on the money he can make since he isn't selling millions of copies of albums
-i) gatmog is a flop and could have been kick ass if they hadn't gone through screenblast.

B) Metro DVD won't bring in that much money

C) So will the Metro show ever get out to Pumpkins fans who care?
-i) Why not release it, tree or other wise, now that it has been 18 months since the concert.

-ii) Billy within a day could have it online if he just sent it to the right person, soundboard, and would make up for the disappointment
-- a) Billy shouldn't have promised something he couldn't deliver, went from 2002, to 2003 and then to never

D) Zwan is a great band and could amount to something very substantial in the music world
-i) if this does happen, and their album does well, I wouldn't be surprised if that Metro DVD suddenly has a final release date stamped on it.

Conclusion: Billy has become less caring about fans than ever imo, but he has a right, look at some of the stupid shit that goes on. So either Billy shows an act of good faith and doing something for us where he isn't taking our cash like distribution the metro sbd recording online... or we go down this somewhat dark and dreadful path with the man and us as followers... but I think the leets should definitely make the aud recording available to all, now that it seems fucking hopeless for anyone outside the circle to get it (but that is one thing i say thank god for Zwan, aud recording's a plenty, no rare boots, not yet)

Mr MacPhisto
06-10-2002, 05:46 AM
my two cents on the subject.

it seems that nobody is ever happy in this community. nobody is greatful for what they have. in the span of 3 years. we got a new album (machina 1), we got a free album released on the internet (machina 2), we got demos (gravity and faeomm), we got a pair of final concerts (the band could have just ended in south africa and called it a day), we got a greatest hits compilation with a b-sides record (which i think is great, but not too many appreciate having a b-sides cd with unreleased stuff on it), a videos dvd with comentary and unreleased footage, and finally we got a new band, and an open taping policy. that doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care about thier fans.

if i released all of that, and my own fans put me down for it, why would i release anything else?

just a thought,

frank

[This message has been edited by Mr MacPhisto (edited 06-10-2002).]

Quiet CD
06-10-2002, 06:03 AM
Well going with the capitalist focus... the whole concept of Machina was intended to lead the pumpkins into another income focused endeavour, GATMOG, which failed.... but yes it is an amazing album (my favorite actually)... Machina II, it was released to spite virgin more than anything, he was upset that he couldn't have virgin sell it which would lead into higher sales for GATMOG and Machina III which who fucking knows will ever be out.

demos etc are awesome, no complaints there what so ever

greatest hits, more money, judas O could have been alot better, i don't think it was too cool to have so many already released songs on it... but the bsides are great, saturnine and soot and stars fucking rock....the DVD was a nice thing, could have maybe had a few more live features, maybe one from each era or something... but pretty good for the price

final shows.... two, in chicago... there were originally four scheduled from what i remember... one in la. one in ny and two in chicago. I would have liked to have saved a few hundred bucks on flying, but it was more than worth the experience, they didn't have to, and i love them for it

they could be doing more for the fans.... open taping policy is a no brainer, gets your music out there without recording, and since there is no record label there is no one breathing down your neck.

they could offer alot more online, the video sylvester has been shooting... supporting live zwan, offering them the resources to do what they want to offer the community easy centralized access to live material.... but i dunno i guess its a little to much to do...

my point is they could do some very easy, quick things that could make a big difference, like releasing a sbd copy of the metro show...

Quiet CD
06-10-2002, 06:05 AM
they meaning billy

The Gaddrow
06-10-2002, 06:43 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Quiet CD:
...like releasing a sbd copy of the metro show...</font> While I do agree with some of your points, I have to ask... Could you give me just one exapmle, where any band has ever done this in the past? I mean, yeah, the Pumpkins were groundbreaking in a lot of things they have done, but really, think about it. It's a ridiculous to even comprehend.

DoctaSoma
06-10-2002, 07:38 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Originally posted by Quiet CD:
...like releasing a sbd copy of the metro show...</font> While I do agree with some of your points, I have to ask... Could you give me just one exapmle, where any band has ever done this in the past? I mean, yeah, the Pumpkins were groundbreaking in a lot of things they have done, but really, think about it. It's a ridiculous to even comprehend.

It would be an amazing thing to do. My question: If Billy was to release the SBD recording free via us on the internet, do you think that it would harm future DVD sales (if it ever is released)?

My opinion is that it would probably make little difference. I would still want the DVD and I would guess that most of the fans rabid enough to trade/download the soundboard, would purchase the DVD. Fans who do not download/trade for the SBD would not be affected and would be equally likely to purchase the DVD as they would have been if the SBD was not released. [Was that coherent?]

Release of the SBD would be an amazing gift to the pumpkins community and would probably do little harm to the commercial value of the DVD if it was Billy's wish to release one. Anyway that's my NZ 2c, which is only worth US 0.8c, hence I won't be buying that Tristessa test pressing. Ramble ramble.

-Ben

King of the Horseflies
06-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Do you want to wait another 2 years for a Zwan album or do you want another DVD for songs you already know?</font>

DVD please!

------------------
http://www.rpbands.org/images/owned/scrtchr.jpg

Eulogy
06-10-2002, 02:31 PM

final shows.... two, in chicago... there were originally four scheduled from what i remember... one in la. one in ny and two in chicago. </font>

er, no.

Dead
06-10-2002, 03:23 PM
er, no.

</font>

er, yes. It was discussed. I saw it in some interview, maybe Swans. But then they went with just 2 Chicago ones.

They should have made the announcement that they were breaking up at the beginning of the year so I would have gone to more shows than I actually did. Crappy!

Enzed
06-10-2002, 05:19 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DoctaSoma:
. Anyway that's my NZ 2c, which is only worth US 0.8c, hence I won't be buying that Tristessa test pressing. Ramble ramble.

-Ben</font>

Dude, if you finish off your doctoring stuff, and pay off your student loan, and save for about 20 years...then MAYBE you'll be able to afford it.

Don't lose the vision.

Siamese Dreamer
06-10-2002, 07:56 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go stand in the corner

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Quiet CD
06-10-2002, 11:07 PM
repeat errr yes... actually if one were to call ticketmaster right when they were scheduling their last shows, you could have learned that there was an LA show scheduled for the 3rd and a NY show as well... oooh a little demi-god oboarder outsmarted you :P

The Gaddrow
06-11-2002, 09:15 AM
repeat errr yes... </font> Or, you could have asked Eric Agnew about it back in October 2000 at some party in Sacramento, and he could have told you then. Or maybe that was just me.

The Gaddrow
06-11-2002, 09:26 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DoctaSoma:
...do you think that it would harm future DVD sales (if it ever is released)?</font> I gurantee it would. Not that the DVD will sell that many copies anyhow, it's almost certain to lose money. If they do indeed give us everything, it will be atleast two DVD's and the fact is that casual fans won't have any interest whatsoever in throwing down $25.00 for something that they have no personal connection to. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a sbd recording right now, but frankly I don't care. I know that someway, somehow I will see the footage in my lifetime. But it would be completely retarded for him to let something like that out before there is an official release.

Moonchild
06-11-2002, 02:38 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

Can You Hear Me Now?Good!
06-12-2002, 02:07 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
Originally posted by Quiet CD:
repeat errr yes... </font> Or, you could have asked Eric Agnew about it back in October 2000 at some party in Sacramento, and he could have told you then. Or maybe that was just me.

You never cease to amaze. You continue to redefine the meaning of "Absolute Leetness". Oh GOD, what I would give right now just to have one lick, even just one stroke, of your gigantic c0ck.

Angst
06-13-2002, 02:15 AM
that's just plain sad, dead.

------------------
http://www.romaroni.org/~ballz/images/jpg/dickass.jpg
Love me. (http://rpgd.emulationworld.com/ballz/) Love me not. (http://www.romaroni.org/~ballz/)