View Full Version : where do you buy your clothes?

mewl
02-16-2003, 11:48 PM
shirts/sweaters/tops, etc: hot topic, salvation army, pac sun, thrift stores, garage sales. i'll buy a shirt basically anywhere, just as long as it looks neat.

pants, shorts: yeah, this is basically why i'm making this thread. i've been buying my pants from pac sun, but i'm sort of growing out of the whole baggy thing. but everything else is either too redneck looking, womanly, or expensive.

underwear: gap boxers are fun. and i get my socks from wal-mart :)

miss world
02-16-2003, 11:52 PM
shirts: gadzooks, thrift stores, ebay, random teenybopper places

pants: kohls, old navy, hot topic VERY RARELY

skirts: thrift stores!

underwear: department stores, generally. bras for sure, panties sometimes. i'll also pick up underwear at target, etc.

er.

Samsa
02-16-2003, 11:59 PM
mostly marshall's and tj maxx :rofl:

gap / old navy / etc sometimes

KingJeremy
02-17-2003, 12:03 AM
thrift stores/concerts/cheap retail outlets

I see no reason to pay more by buying them at the mall. I don't really care what others think of the way I dress as long as I like it I'll wear it.

Junebug
02-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Work clothes from gap. Everything else I pretty much get for my birthday/christmas because I don't care enough to go shopping for clothes. Occasionally I'll buy something at Old Navy or Lerner's I guess.

strange_one
02-17-2003, 12:04 AM
<font color=33FFFF> I buy most of my shirts from thrift stores, but I get jeans and trousers and underwear and shit from normal retail outlets</font>

BlueStar
02-17-2003, 12:24 AM
shirts, sweaters, pants, skirts, dresses: Gap, J.Crew, Express, The Limited, Banana Republic

underwear, pajamas: Victoria's Secret

peabody
02-17-2003, 12:38 AM
j crew, banana republic, express pretty much.

unperson81
02-17-2003, 12:39 AM
I usually avoid the Mall at all costs since I used to work there and it's novelty grew tiresome in high school. I get most of my t-shirts from shows and occasionally online if I think it worthy of going to that much trouble...or else if it's cheap. Everything else I buy where appropriate, except shoes and bracelets, neclaces and stuff like that I buy as I see it.

Enzed
02-17-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by strange_one
<font color=33FFFF> I buy most of my shirts from thrift stores, but I get jeans and trousers and underwear and shit from normal retail outlets</font>

d00d - I bet you get your undies from Target.

mirrar
02-17-2003, 12:58 AM
dresses, funny small fitting shirts, ugly hippie clothes i buy just for the hell of it, random acessories-goodwill, VALUE VILLIAGE <3, etc
pants i actually wear-le chateau, thrifties, bluenotes, jean machine
hoodies-skate shirts-west 49, alkatraz.
expensive shirts, armsleeves and the like when i'm treating myself-get outside, neon, those queen west stores.

mirrar
02-17-2003, 12:59 AM
oh and underwear-winners!

SilverSomatic
02-17-2003, 01:06 AM
j crew, old navy, vintage stores and thrift stores, express, random boutiqes... blah blah blah.

jenn
02-17-2003, 01:11 AM
old navy (for plain black sweaters and tanktops)
hot topic/torrid
utopia
religious sex
trash and vaudville
thrift stores/salvation army

peabody
02-17-2003, 01:15 AM
oh yeah.

old navy and gap as well.

jczeroman
02-17-2003, 02:16 AM
buy?

strange_one
02-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Enzed

d00d - I bet you get your undies from Target.
<font color=33FFFF> oh give me a break, k-mart quality is far better:cool: </font>

James is Cool
02-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Nearly my entire wardrobe came from thrift stores and Target. And sometimes I'll wear an item that is my dad's or my brother's.

bonsor
02-17-2003, 02:34 AM
my most recent mass aquiration of garments came from my late grandfathers closet this past summer. Otherwise...I don't really buy clothes. All the band shirts I have come from either eBay or hot topic. that's about it though.

sickbadthing
02-17-2003, 02:43 AM
Anywhere there's a clearance rack.

Salena Child
02-17-2003, 02:48 AM
lazurus, pennys, kohls, old navy and target is where i get all of my clothes which are on the sales and clearance racks. i also really like platos closet.

relaxor!
02-17-2003, 03:20 AM
shirts/sweaters/tops, etc: shirts I usually get at Target or Longs. Both of the sweaters I have right now I got from the lost and found at the theater I work at.
pants, shorts: I guess I have some shorts from Target, but I bought both my Dockers pants and my Levi's jeans at Macy's.
underwear: Target. I go for bulk, although I do have some Spongebob silk boxers from somewhere or another. They were a gift.

Squashing Pineapples
02-17-2003, 03:39 AM
i make my own

mewl
02-17-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Squashing Pineapples
i make my own

i tried doing that once...'twas not pretty...

crescentfresh
02-17-2003, 04:19 AM
I used to work at Old Navy and Target, and I can't seem to get away from them. It should be out of my brain by now that I no longer get a discount.

Hmm...I also like the Gap because they have xlongs on the website, the only jeans that are long enough for me. :(

hotdog
02-17-2003, 04:37 AM
this thread is boring, i can't believ I just read that whole page :(

mewl
02-17-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by hotdog
this thread is boring, i can't believ I just read that whole page :(

::laughs at you::

Spoonman
02-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by mewl
shirts/sweaters/tops, etc: hot topic, salvation army, pac sun, thrift stores, garage sales. i'll buy a shirt basically anywhere, just as long as it looks neat.

pants, shorts: yeah, this is basically why i'm making this thread. i've been buying my pants from pac sun, but i'm sort of growing out of the whole baggy thing. but everything else is either too redneck looking, womanly, or expensive.

underwear: gap boxers are fun. and i get my socks from wal-mart :)

Hey where did you get your pointy hat with the big 'D' on it from?

a fistful of yen
02-17-2003, 08:09 AM
american eagle, levi's outlet

strange_one
02-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by James is Cool
And sometimes I'll wear an item that is my dad's or my brother's.
<font color=33FFFF> I also just steal my dad's shirts all the time, after a while he just gives up and lets me keep them in my closet:)</font>

Red Wine Cage
02-17-2003, 08:27 AM
i hardly ever buy clothes.:\

but when i do, it's at the thrift store.
boxers/socks/etc i get from walmart.

i can't be arsed with shopping.

SPZero
02-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Abercrombie, American Eagle, Hollister, Old Navy sometimes, Gap, thrift stores, and a little Aeropostale.

KrazeeStacee
02-17-2003, 01:49 PM
This was a boring thread but I'll post for the hell of it :)

90% of the time I only get my pants from either Rave or Anchor Blue...simply for the fact that I have no hips and a big booty so all these low rise bullshits don't fit me right...well jeans mainly, but I wear a lot of dress pants for work.

As for the rest of my clothing, if I don't buy it at Rave or Anchor Blue I but them at Target, K-Mart, Marshalls, etc, I have bought the occasional Hot Topic shirt :o But for the most part, I shop at the cheap stores, and I look hard and find nice stuff...Although I haven't made it out to many thrift stores lately.

Affect
02-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SPZero
Old NavyHa!

jczeroman
02-17-2003, 01:54 PM
hot topic=worst store ever

SPZero
02-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Affect
Ha!

about the only things old navy i have are boxers because they are superior to any others that i have tried.

dishpan
02-17-2003, 02:32 PM
ebay, cinderblock

dan

Affect
02-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SPZero

about the only things old navy i have are boxers because they are superior to any others that i have tried. Old Navy boxers are absolute shite. Unless you're 220lbs, and have a small penis, they will never fit properly.

avian chaos
02-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Shirts/sweaters/etc I get at thrift stores mostly. Um, I can't think of the last time I went to a department store & bought a shirt. They're all skanky & gross looking right now.

Pants.. I don't buy often. I only own 3 pairs. But they all came from Ross. I like buying pants from thrift stores that have neat back pockets but are too big for me & sewing them into skirts.

As for underwear, I almost always go to Victoria's Secret... though I have bought a couple pair at Hot Topic before, even though I despise that store. I just can't resist their little Muppets boy cut undies.

Ketchup
02-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman
hot topic=worst store ever

nah... A&F stores by far.

jczeroman
02-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Ketchup

nah... A&F stores by far.

never been in one, but they seem scary from the outside

Lucy Sky Diamonds
02-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Work clothes: The Bay, Le Garage, Le Chateau, Au Coton, Simons, Urban Outfitters

Underwear: The Bay

Casual clothes: 2nd hand stores, skateboard shops, Simons, Value Village

Enzed
02-17-2003, 04:57 PM
seriously - I travel the world and buy stuff I like.

I don't shop 'exclusively' at stores.

For example - today -

Shoes - Aquila, Melbourne
Pants - Mossimo, some shop probably Takapuna, Auckland.
Shirt - David Jones? - Melbourne
Socks - Nike - Auckland
Boxers - Melbourne.

jenniferkate
02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
marshalls, burlington coat factory, the banana republic outlet and macys, generally. there needs to be an h&m here right now. and i need to learn to sew. :mad:

SPZero
02-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Affect
Old Navy boxers are absolute shite. Unless you're 220lbs, and have a small penis, they will never fit properly.

Ok, well i'm 155 and have a reasonably large penis and they fit perfect.

jczeroman
02-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Enzed
seriously - I travel the world and buy stuff I like.

Sounds tough

DeadSwan
02-18-2003, 05:02 PM
thrift and vintage stores, almost exclusively. although when i've been home my mom insists on taking me to the gap :o

but hey. i like some of their pants.

i would buy new clothes (newly made) if they had the styles i like. i just generally like older designs.