View Full Version : yay! i'm down 3 dress sizes!

DeadSwan
02-16-2003, 08:01 PM
from a 14 to an 11 in a little over a month. my goal is an 8, so i'm halfway there!
yay4me!

Sepiae
02-16-2003, 08:04 PM
How did you do it?

DeadSwan
02-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Sepiae
How did you do it?

diet and exercise. i eat about 30 fat grams a day, and so i lose about 2 pounds a week. it's slow but it's the way they recommend.

miss world
02-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by DeadSwan

diet and exercise. i eat about 30 fat grams a day, and so i lose about 2 pounds a week. it's slow but it's the way they recommend.

congrats. i've just started exercising last week, and i go to the dietician tomorrow. my goal is a 9/10.

DeadSwan
02-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by miss world

congrats. i've just started exercising last week, and i go to the dietician tomorrow. my goal is a 9/10.

you can do it. i mean. if i can....and my eating habits were fucking atrocious...

miss world
02-16-2003, 08:23 PM

you can do it. i mean. if i can....and my eating habits were fucking atrocious...

i'm starting out at a 14, too. my actual goal is to get down to 140-150 lbs, i'm not sure what size i'll be then, but a ten or a twelve sounds about right. :)

Sepiae
02-16-2003, 08:23 PM

Lemme interrogate you some more...(I have the exact same goal as you, and the same starting place.)

My eating habits are really bad too--lots of pasta and a tremendous sweet tooth, and well, living in a dorm doesn't help. What kind of changes worked for you?

DeadSwan
02-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Sepiae

Lemme interrogate you some more...(I have the exact same goal as you, and the same starting place.)

My eating habits are really bad too--lots of pasta and a tremendous sweet tooth, and well, living in a dorm doesn't help. What kind of changes worked for you?

well..i guess take it slowly. if you try too hard at first you're gonna fail. also..um...just experiment a lot. there are a lot of healthy, low-fat things out there i didn't know existed. and just. um. try things you maybe haven't tried in a long time. like onions. i love them now, but hated them growing up. and just. mmm. if you like ice cream, try sorbet or frozen yogurt. if you like chips, try the baked ones or the fat-free olestra ones (not if you have a delicate stomach, though. heh) i ate LOTS and lots of grilled chicken and turkey sandwiches. no cheese, no mayo. just mustard, lettuce, tomato and onions. oh. and wheat bread. (easier to digest). i also eat a lot of salads with dark greens, and balsamic vinegarette. oh geez. i've done so many things over the past few months ( i started this diet earlier). i mean. don't stress yourself. take it slowly. you'll keep it off in the long run if you do. allow yourself some snacks. your body needs fat, after all. i think you need about 60-70 grams of fat to maintain your weight, 45 a day to lose a pound a week, 30 for 2, and so on. i don't recommend going below 30, though, b/c it gets pretty tough. good luck!