View Full Version : Daytona 500!!

Eulogy
02-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Woo. Everyone should watch this today. It's not as boring as you think. I promise.

I just hope Earnhardt Jr. crashes or blows an engine or something.

Victor_Mancini
02-16-2003, 02:46 PM
oh, man car racing is such a guilty pleasure for me.

I hear you on Earnhardt. I can't stand that prick, and I couldn't stand his dad either.

Eulogy
02-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Victor_Mancini
oh, man car racing is such a guilty pleasure for me.

I hear you on Earnhardt. I can't stand that prick, and I couldn't stand his dad either.

Holy shit....I am not alone.

This season should be quite entertaining....the level of competition is just so damn high.

Uh-huh.

Fathoms (unadored)
02-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Is that the one where they drive around the track 500 times?

My advice to myself is too spend this time building a fort with all the blankets in the house while listening to White Lillies Island. And when I'm done, I'll make myself a cup of hot chocolate that is fifty percent marshmellows and syrup. Perhaps I'll read some Calvin and Hobbes comics to boot.

tra da la la

Eulogy
02-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
Is that the one where they drive around the track 500 times?

My advice to myself is too spend this time building a fort with all the blankets in the house while listening to White Lillies Island. And when I'm done, I'll make myself a cup of hot chocolate that is fifty percent marshmellows and syrup. Perhaps I'll read some Calvin and Hobbes comics to boot.

tra da la la

No...it's just 500 miles. On what I think is a 2.5-mile track.

Victor_Mancini
02-16-2003, 02:54 PM
yeah, I got hooked a couple of years back. Watching them go 4 wide at Daytona is the shit. I just heard the race has been moved to a later time b/c of rain. Can't wait.

Eulogy
02-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Mariah Carey just sang the national anthem...and John Travolta gave the command to start engines.

At a NASCAR race? Jesus...I guess the fan base really is widening.