View Full Version : So, how long would marijuana show up on a drug test?

raygun187
02-15-2003, 11:55 PM
I just took a drug test the other day (for my new job). I ended up passing (yeah!) but I have smoked weed in the past. I quit smoking it probably 4-5 months ago, and I never really smoked on a regular basis anyway. I was kinda sweating it considering I hang around way too many potheads, and I figured there could've been a chance that I was drunk and took a hit more recently than 4 or 5 months ago. Anyway, just curious how long it stays in the body, and if I should've even been worried in the first place.

Caligula
02-15-2003, 11:59 PM
THC actually moves into your adipose tissue (fat cells), and its metabolites are detectable for around 6 weeks (not a month like popular notions insist).

-Psychopharmocology Class

jared
02-15-2003, 11:59 PM
at least 7 years, youre fucked dude

KingJeremy
02-16-2003, 12:00 AM
My job actually has begun to use hair tests for hiring purposes.

sickbadthing
02-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Depends on how often you smoke.

raygun187
02-16-2003, 12:01 AM
yeah, mine was a hair test.....those fuckers chopped a huge hole in my hair.

raygun187
02-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by sickbadthing

I smoked maybe once a month

Caligula
02-16-2003, 12:09 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does not matter how often you smoke really because the THC would degrade at the same rate. However, how MUCH you smoked could make a difference. If you're just in a room with people smoking it, it's unlikely that it would show up a few days/weeks after; if you had like 9 joints the last time, then it's more likely to show up, but not much longer than around 6 weeks later.

aspecialkid
02-16-2003, 02:28 AM
hmm,you dont smoke often,but the hair test is fucking hard to beat!well really you cant beat it,depends how long the person hair is,if the person has been growing there hair for 2 years and did drugs1 year and 11 months ago it would show up. if you smoke once a month and they gave you any other test you would pass for sure.with they hair test i give you a 50/50 chance, well maybe even less.

i know someone with long hair that did drugs 2 years ago, and that was the last time,and she failed a hair test.

crescentfresh
02-16-2003, 06:08 AM
I took a drug test and passed after smoking 2 weeks prior, but I don't do it often. it was a urine test, though. Those are probably a lot less relentless.

sickbadthing
02-16-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Caligula

It does not matter how often you smoke really because the THC would degrade at the same rate. However, how MUCH you smoked could make a difference. If you're just in a room with people smoking it, it's unlikely that it would show up a few days/weeks after; if you had like 9 joints the last time, then it's more likely to show up, but not much longer than around 6 weeks later.

Quantity/frequency.

You should know what I mean.

aspecialkid
02-16-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by crescentfresh
I took a drug test and passed after smoking 2 weeks prior, but I don't do it often. it was a urine test, though. Those are probably a lot less relentless.

yes those tests are nothing like a hair test.

sickbadthing
02-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by aspecialkid

yes those tests are nothing like a hair test.

I don't know much about that, but isn't that to just test what drugs you've taken in your life? It's not a measurement as far as the last time you shoved that bong on your lips really... just to make sure that you haven't done PCP and won't freak out and slit your co-worker's throat in a supposed flashback, right?

crescentfresh
02-16-2003, 06:32 AM
I have no idea, but I do know someone who claimed they smoked a lot of weed and stopped for about a month, yet failed a urine test because it showed up. It's a mystery to me. I also am not finding anything on it with any luck because I can't sift through "pass your drug test with our detox kit!" sites.

aspecialkid
02-16-2003, 06:46 AM

I don't know much about that, but isn't that to just test what drugs you've taken in your life? It's not a measurement as far as the last time you shoved that bong on your lips really... just to make sure that you haven't done PCP and won't freak out and slit your co-worker's throat in a supposed flashback, right?

piss test: checks coke for 3 days, heroin for 4 days, most pills 1 week,pot normal user for about 3 months "thats if you smoke every day" (in this case drink a TON of water or juice and you will still pass) if you smoke only once a week it prolly will not even show up! "piss tests are very easy to pass"

hair test: shows any drug you have done while you still have the hair,meaning: if your hair has been on your head for 1 year,it will show all drugs you did during that year. if you have long hair, thats been growing 5 years, it will show all drugs you have done in 5 years,and they can even tell you the month 5 years ago you did that drug! if you decide to cut your hair really short, so the hair on your head has only been there a month or so, they will take "other" hair (under arm,or pubic) that you have prolly had more than a few months...

in other words,if you have done any drugs,and want to pass a hair test,shave every bit of hair off your body!!!

but answering the question asked from the start: if you did not smoke very much,it might not show up cause you did a "VERY SMALL" amount, be very lucky and blessed it does not show up.

BTW there is soap you can buy that suposed to "cover" you for the day of the drug test, it cost about $40, but im not really sure if that works or not. if a job does a hair test it means they want to know if you have done drugs in a long time"major back ground check"....... not just checking if you did them recently.

"any drug users save or remeber what i said here for later use ;) "

Ihaman
02-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Caligula

it gets stored in your fat cells as cannabinoids, which can be released quickly through metabolization, the only difference is the amount of cannabinoids that actually get stored within a person are dependant on how much weed they smoked, one joint a day for 3 years straight would not have the same effect as someone who smoked a few bowls in one night. if he was pretty active and had a drug test in a week or so chances are he'd pass it.