View Full Version : i'm gonna get me some land!

Ann Ominous
02-15-2003, 11:34 PM
http://www.planetaryinvestments.com/

"Who actually buys Land on the Moon?

The short answer is: EVERYONE. While the list of clients is confidential, we can reveal that approximately 250 very well known celebrities as well as two former US presidents are now extraterrestrial property owners. This *******s approximately 15 main actors from the original Star Trek series, as well as the Next Generation and Voyager series.

Many companies purchase lunar properties to give to their customers. Lovers buy them as gifts for their loved ones. Investors buy them for their children. School kids buy them for charity, resell them, and then give thousands of dollars to cancer research. (Yes, this happened recently.) The list of people who buy them is endless. Dentists, lawyers, nurses, space hobbyists, trekkers, doctors, taxi drivers, policemen and up to now, about 30 NASA employees. At the last count over 1,137,262 people are already proud owners of their extraterrestrial property, with properties on the Moon being the hot forerunner of course (because these are the only properties you can easily see from Earth).

Check Out What Some
Of Our Customers Are Saying...

Wow! I bought 5 acres for my father for his birthday. Boy was he surprised! He is an astrology nut. He really loves to look at the night sky with his telescopes. I believe it was the best gift I ever bought him! Thank you for allowing me to get him such a great birthday present!

- William Edwards, Hobart, Indiana"

DeviousJ
02-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah but who the hell are they buying it from? Will we be able to sue when the big industrial corporations start mining our homesteads? Eh, it's probably all on the dark side anyway.

I remember there being some game about Mars, and every purchase either *******d a plot of land on the planet or the chance to win one - pretty much the same thing in the end.

hereisnowhy
02-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Sounds like an email spam/triangle scheme to me. Too bad really.

VegasPumpkin
02-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Order Online Now:

Only $29.95 an Acre!

Discount Rate:
5-9 acres only $27.95 an acre!
10+ acres only $25.95 an acre!

Ann Ominous
02-16-2003, 01:32 AM
c'mon guys, they're going cheap.

otherwise you're gonna regret it when you have to leave earth and then you'll land on my square and i have red hotels built on it.

then all your money will belong to me.

go directly to jail, dick!

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
Yeah but who the hell are they buying it from?

I wasn't aware that one business had laid claim to an entire planet.

Aside from a possible neat factor of a certificate or whatever they send you, anything over 1 acre is excessive.

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-16-2003, 04:30 AM
We should establish a Netphorian colony on another planet. That would complement our island rather well, methinks.

You know our country would have hostile foreign relations, though.

Lie
02-16-2003, 05:21 AM
That's even dumber than star deeds.

skippy
02-16-2003, 05:40 AM
How much for the entire, useless rock? I want the whole thing. Paint it flourescent green and put a bow on it.

Lie
02-16-2003, 06:36 AM
I hope there really is other life out there and that they think they're the ones who have laid claim to Mars. It's not even a matter of whether it's a scam or not. Even if it's real, it's still a fucking joke.

DeviousJ
02-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Lie
That's even dumber than star deeds.

I'm gonna buy one, fly out to its system and start charging whoever lives there for using my light and heat

wangcomputers
02-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Ghetto_Squirrel

I wasn't aware that one business had laid claim to an entire planet.

Aside from a possible neat factor of a certificate or whatever they send you, anything over 1 acre is excessive.

well apparently:

"The UN Outer Space Treaty of 1967 stipulated that no government could own extraterrestrial property. However, it neglected to mention individuals and corporations. Therefore, under laws dating back from early US settlers, it was possible to stake a claim for land, and register it with the US Government Office of claim registries."

i can imagine the founder of the company reading the treaty and running to the land registry office, "the whole fucking thing is mine!"

There is nothing more Symbolic and Romantic on Earth one can give to a loved one. When you buy Lunar Property, you can look into the night sky and say, “I own a piece of that”.

haha, there's nothing more romantic than greed.

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-16-2003, 04:28 PM
So theoretically we could run to the office of claim registries and pick out any stars or planets that we want to own?

DeviousJ
02-16-2003, 05:00 PM
So theoretically we could run to the office of claim registries and pick out any stars or planets that we want to own?

Too late, they're ALL mine!! In every possible dimension too

hereisnowhy
02-16-2003, 06:28 PM
We should establish a Netphorian colony on another planet. That would complement our island rather well, methinks.

I think you're on to something. We just need 30 people to Paypal $1 and we can buy an acre of moon in the name of Netphoria. I say we go for it.

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy

I think you're on to something. We just need 30 people to Paypal $1 and we can buy an acre of moon in the name of Netphoria. I say we go for it.

I would.

Toby
02-16-2003, 06:37 PM

I'm down...fuck planet earth I wanna live on the moon

hereisnowhy
02-16-2003, 06:39 PM

I would.

Start a new topic and get names. $1 each. I'm serious man.

Shparticus
02-16-2003, 06:46 PM
This kind of thing makes me really angry. Hell, it makes me angry enough that we presume to be able to buy and sell land here on earth.

Mr. Rhinoceros
02-16-2003, 06:49 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">That's brilliant. We could make a new forum banner: "NETPHORIA <i>We own part of the motherfucking moon.</i>"</font>

DeviousJ
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">That's brilliant. We could make a new forum banner: "NETPHORIA <i>We own part of the motherfucking moon.</i>"</font>

Hahaha, TAKE THAT SIVA

Incidentally, how much land do you need for an operational Moon Laser?

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-16-2003, 06:53 PM

Start a new topic and get names. $1 each. I'm serious man.

http://www.netphoria.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14640

Pledge away, kids.

hereisnowhy
02-16-2003, 06:55 PM

Hahaha, TAKE THAT SIVA

Incidentally, how much land do you need for an operational Moon Laser?

We can start with a small laser on our one acre, and use it to take over other acres, then build a bigger laser, etc.

Lie
02-16-2003, 07:30 PM
I do understand the "cool" factor at stake here, it just disturbs me that you guys aren't seeing that the "lame" factor and the "capitalist bonehead" factor vastly outweigh it.

Ihaman
02-16-2003, 07:38 PM
seriously. i'd rather pay to see that "midgets gone mad" video.

DeviousJ
02-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Uh, we could have a problem on our hands - I don't know who <a href="http://www.republika.pl/owlicave/announce.htm">these people</a> are, or what they're up to, but they sound like troublemakers

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Uh, we could have a problem on our hands - I don't know who <a href="http://www.republika.pl/owlicave/announce.htm">these people</a> are, or what they're up to, but they sound like troublemakers

We'll hit them with the laser first. Netphoria the country frowns on advancement.