http://i15.tinypic.com/4zda643.jpg

Still too much...

Future Boy
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Thats a sale, not a price drop.

Effloresce
07-05-2007, 07:07 PM
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16721

Although Sony has yet to confirm a price drop officially, GameDaily BIZ has received confirmation from the retail sector that the PS3 will be dropped to $499 next week. Sony itself recently talked about "refining" the PS3 price. Now it appears to be happening.

A PS3 price cut rumor spread like wildfire across the Internet this afternoon when several sites spotted a new advertisement from Circuit City. The ad as seen on Kotaku lists the PS3 console at $499.99, $100 less than its current price.

It wasn't clear at first if this ad was a special deal specific to the electronics retailer or if it's indeed a retail-wide price cut instituted by Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA). As it turns out, a merchandising manager (who wished to remain anonymous) at one of the world's biggest retailers has confirmed to GameDaily BIZ that the price drop is indeed retail-wide and it's scheduled to take place on July 12, although the first wave of ads to promote the PS3's new price won't kick in until Sunday, July 15.

Many analysts have speculated that Sony would drop the price on the expensive console this year, and some even predicted that it could happen this summer. It's starting to look like they were right. We're sure to find out much more next week when Sony holds its press conference at E3.

SCEA when contacted for confirmation declined to comment.

Nimrod's Son
Wow Eff making another "I hate PS3 because I can't afford nice things" thread

Effloresce
Take a look at PS3 sales figures man.

Most people don't want to put $600 on their credit cards for a fucking game console.

Stop being a douche

Nate the Grate
07-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I can't afford it.

Well I can't afford much these days, but still.

Nimrod's Son
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Take a look at PS3 sales figures man.

Most people don't want to put $600 on their credit cards for a fucking game console.

Stop being a douche
Boo fucking hoo. Why aren't you railing against the 360? That one cheap enough for you? Or just happy with the Wii and it's Gamecube graphics?

sickbadthing
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
$600 is nothing. I drop that much at the bar buying drink for underage hotties.

Then I take them home and chloroform the little skanks and make some grade A school girl bondage movies. Mmmmhmmm.

Want to get in on some of that action Effloresce?

Future Boy
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey, its like 2.5 Gamecubes.

Future Boy
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16721

Although Sony has yet to confirm a price drop officially, GameDaily BIZ has received confirmation from the retail sector that the PS3 will be dropped to $499 next week. Sony itself recently talked about "refining" the PS3 price. Now it appears to be happening.

A PS3 price cut rumor spread like wildfire across the Internet this afternoon when several sites spotted a new advertisement from Circuit City. The ad as seen on Kotaku lists the PS3 console at $499.99, $100 less than its current price.

It wasn't clear at first if this ad was a special deal specific to the electronics retailer or if it's indeed a retail-wide price cut instituted by Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA). As it turns out, a merchandising manager (who wished to remain anonymous) at one of the world's biggest retailers has confirmed to GameDaily BIZ that the price drop is indeed retail-wide and it's scheduled to take place on July 12, although the first wave of ads to promote the PS3's new price won't kick in until Sunday, July 15.

Many analysts have speculated that Sony would drop the price on the expensive console this year, and some even predicted that it could happen this summer. It's starting to look like they were right. We're sure to find out much more next week when Sony holds its press conference at E3.

SCEA when contacted for confirmation declined to comment.
That thing says price effective through the 21st.

Nimrod's Son
07-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Nice things are expensive. Do you bitch and whine about the cost of a BMW? I bet you do, you jealous little man.

Trotskilicious
07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
a bmw is certainly more useful than a gaming console.

Effloresce
07-05-2007, 07:28 PM
yup

TuralyonW3
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
still too fucking much

Nimrod's Son
07-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I think you're missing the point. It's not that it's a car vs. a console, it's a console vs. a console, a car vs. a car, and getting what you pay for.

ravenguy2000
07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice things are expensive.

The best things in life are free, you sicken me.

Trotskilicious
yeah well the xbox seems to me to be the better deal, even if it is an inferior machine

i'd rather blow a huge wad on a top-of-the-line computer

Effloresce
What do you get for buying a ps3? It barely has any games.

I mean, shit, a rich guy could spend thousands to fly out to an island and eat dinner there for 45 minutes, then fly home if he wanted to, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

ravenguy2000
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I mean, shit, a rich guy could spend thousands to fly out to an island and eat dinner there for 45 minutes, then fly home if I wanted to, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Actually, that sounds pretty sweet.

waltermcphilp
people who say, "money can't buy happiness" obviously forgot about guns.

Trotskilicious
yeah dude

Effloresce
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
ravenguy: All I'm saying is that nimrod seems to think no one wants PS3 because they can't afford it. For most people that's only part of the problem. The other part is that there are not really any games to justify that price. It doesn't matter if you can afford it or not. This console is not selling, period.

Many people who don't want a PS3 would easily drop $600 on a laptop, I would think. Why? Because the things they can do with it justifies the price.

ravenguy2000
07-05-2007, 07:43 PM
i really don't care what you're saying, all i have is a wii for playing kirby and castlevania

Future Boy
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
and getting what you pay for.

Yeah, most people just want a console, not some supercomputer blue-ray monstrosity.

Effloresce
(to ravenguy) ok tough guy

ravenguy2000
del

Trotskilicious
i still have my ps2 because the next gen football games are a step backwards as far as franchise mode is concerned

Effloresce
07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
My ps2 is dying. I have to recalibrate the lens all the time.

I think I'm just gonna get a slimline and do a case mod so I can play backups

Effloresce
07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
$600 is nothing. I drop that much at the bar buying drink for underage hotties.

Then I take them home and chloroform the little skanks and make some grade A school girl bondage movies. Mmmmhmmm.

Want to get in on some of that action Effloresce?
Can someone ban this sick fuck already

jesus

GlasgowKiss
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM

jesus
Do you say anything that isnt lame.

ravenguy2000
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM

jesus

he's like one of the 5 best people here and you're like one of the 5 worst

and i'm not really speaking just for myself here

suncrashesdown
07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Speaking of "getting what you pay for", I think most people are paying for fun when they buy a game console, which makes PS3 a terrible value as it stands. I bought a Wii at launch, and although there's only a few great games for it right now, the price tag matched my expectations. If I'm dropping 600 bucks on a game console, motherfuckers had better blow me away with some great offerings, and there's not one game for the PS3 that looks appealing right now. Maybe when the big guns come out, like MGS4 and Final Fantasy, and the PS3 is 400 or 500 bucks, it'll be a an OK value then.

Nimrod's Son
07-05-2007, 07:57 PM
jeez you guys need to get better jobs or something.

PkPhuoko
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Price drop or not my PS 3 has been played a total of 3 times since the new year

the games fucking suck still

the most action mine has seen is the weekly dusting it gets

Tchocky
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
still too fucking much
<font color="black">

Shapan
07-06-2007, 12:01 AM
i think sony is going to fade in gaming like sega did

Effloresce
07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
send me some money daddy

Future Boy
07-13-2007, 04:23 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26702

So the price drop is only good for the remaining 60gb stock, which should be gone by July. The remaining 80gb bundle will be the old $600 price. But you get Motorstorm with it. Which is good, for anyone that wanted Motorstorm. Nice work Sony.

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 04:31 AM
a price drop for a limited time? that's adorable...

ChristHimself!
07-13-2007, 05:11 AM

jesus

nice cover, we all know you pm'd him right after you read it.

You just think he's a sick fuck cause you found out he was joking and therefore toying with your emotions.

Luke de Spa
07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
i am a fan of the xbox 360

aiolia
07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
I love System Wars threads, yay. :smoke:
360 is just gonna bombard holiday season with Halo3, GTA4(exclusive download contents), and Madden(better framerate), and Sony will be catching at a straw.

Personally, I want Sony to do better, because I really don't like M$, and certain level of competition is always good for consumers(Wii target audience is not core gamers). But at this rate, PS3 could go the way of the original Xbox.

The X-factor is growth of Blu-ray movie market, addition of rumble+motion sensor to controller, another permanent price-drop, and of course release of plenty of good exclusive games.

Unfortunately for Sony, all their big name games does not arrive until 2008... MGS4, FF13, Killzone 2(which somewhat redeemed itself this E3), Gran Turismo 5, etc... All they have this year is Lair, Heavenly Sword and Unreal Tournament 3, and frankly, they are no match for Halo 3(I don't like Halo, but I'm being realistic here).

So, in short, if Sony somehow survives this holiday season, they have a shot to turn it around next year. But that's a big IF.

smashingjj
07-13-2007, 11:40 AM

jesus
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 12:10 PM
i am a fan of the xbox 360

at least theres something we both can agree on :cheers:

Nimrod's Son
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
my guess then is that very few of you own an HDTV. Looking at a Wii on an HDTV vs. a PS3 is.. night and day.

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
my guess then is that very few of you own an HDTV. Looking at a Wii on an HDTV vs. a PS3 is.. night and day.

who in the world would ever argue against this point? :think:

Future Boy
07-13-2007, 02:11 PM
He has a miserable time playing the PS3, but it sure looks nice,

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 02:21 PM
if you want a cheap blu-ray player that happens to play games then the PS3 is for you but it you want a gaming console then you're better off getting a 360 and if you're interested in paying 250 dollars just to pretend to hit a tennis ball around the wii is for you.

Future Boy
07-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Hells yeah Flop.

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 02:26 PM
seriously, i waited over night to buy a wii and i wish i'd spent the 250 dollars on a male prostitute to rape my ass and i'm not even gay but it probably would have been a better waste of my money and a less painful experience.

my 360 on the other hand... :)

Nimrod's Son
07-13-2007, 05:28 PM
360 is about to become the Intellivision of the 00's

Debaser
07-13-2007, 06:05 PM
I've yet to plunk down money for either next gen system, but no doubt I will eventually own both. After checking out E3 and the upcoming games, I'm definitely going to get an xbox 360 this fall because they have a (vastly) superior game lineup. Halo 3, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, etc. They best games on the PS3 are either not out til next year (FF, MGS4) or going to be on the xbox 360 as well. I'll be curious to see which system is better for the cross platform games, such as Call of Duty 4 -- that game looks incredible.

I Ate My Hamster
07-13-2007, 06:10 PM

While that is true in some regards, it's just overpriced. You wouldn't pay $50,000 for a Dodge Neon just because you could, right?

Nimrod's Son
07-13-2007, 06:37 PM
GTA4(exclusive download contents).
PS3 also will have exclusive downloads, different than those on XBox, but Microsoft paid a ton of money to have the exlusive right to advertise the downloads before the release

KrazeeStacee
07-13-2007, 08:42 PM
360 is about to become the Intellivision of the 00's

lol

Several million people disagree with you. I bet that the 360 is still way ahead in number of consoles sold *THIS YEAR ONLY* by the end of the year. I can understand you wanting to stick up for the PS3 as it does have some potential but Sony is really still on a downward slope. They are have been losing exclusives and many exclusives that the PS3 does have are only timed exclusives. Not to mention Halo 3 already has several million pre-orders. Just think about this for a minute, Halo 3 already has over 4 MILLION pre-ordered copies sold. That is almost as many units as the PS3 has sold all together. I don't think Sony will lose this gaming war as all parties in the end will have enough of the market to push themselves into the next set of consoles to be released several years from now but Sony will have to deal with a comfy 3rd place. Have you even played a 360 much? Have you read reviews or had any real onhand reviews about cross platform games? The 360 has performed better on pretty much every game that was released on both consoles.

aiolia
07-13-2007, 09:47 PM
PS3 also will have exclusive downloads, different than those on XBox, but Microsoft paid a ton of money to have the exlusive right to advertise the downloads before the release

Sony said they know "some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now" (for GTA4). So you may or may not be right.

As for Madden, it turns out PS3 version will have the same framerate as 360, so that's a relief for PS3.

As it pains to admit as a semi-fanboy, I don't see PS3 dominating the market like PS2 did. That's just not going to happen this time. In the end, I predict Wii, 360 and PS3 will have about even market share for this gen.

Trotskilicious
07-13-2007, 09:55 PM
next gen madden sucked some balls

i won't even mention NCAA football at all.

KrazeeStacee
07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Sony said they know "some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now" (for GTA4). So you may or may not be right.

As for Madden, it turns out PS3 version will have the same framerate as 360, so that's a relief for PS3.

As it pains to admit as a semi-fanboy, I don't see PS3 dominating the market like PS2 did. That's just not going to happen this time. In the end, I predict Wii, 360 and PS3 will have about even market share for this gen.

Where did you see that the PS3 will actually be able to run it at 60 fps? I was hoping that it would. It would be kind of rediculous if it couldn't after the claims that when the PS3 came around 60fps would seem like a slide show. lol

Trotskilicious
07-13-2007, 10:05 PM
hi mark

Nimrod's Son
07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
The 360 has performed better on pretty much every game that was released on both consoles.
Most of this was due to the early release games having already been written natively for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3.

And yes, my friends have a 360. I would actually call it the worst of the three systems

aiolia
07-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Where did you see that the PS3 will actually be able to run it at 60 fps? I was hoping that it would. It would be kind of rediculous if it couldn't after the claims that when the PS3 came around 60fps would seem like a slide show. lol
http://n4g.com/News-51891.aspx

Effloresce
07-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Do you say anything that isnt lame.
GlasgowKiss is a piece of shit.

There.

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Most of this was due to the early release games having already been written natively for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3.

And yes, my friends have a 360. I would actually call it the worst of the three systems

well, here's a game released for both systems at the same time.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lp1XBVYmNE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lp1XBVYmNE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

it's pretty clear the only thing the ps3 has the xbox 360 version beat on is lack of color.

Tchocky
07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
The thing is, game programmers have had an extra year to get the feel for the X-Box 360 hardware. They were releasing second-gen games when the PS3 was releasing its first generation. Compare the games for the PS3 that come out at the end of this year/start of next year to more recent X-Box titles, and we'll have a clearer answer as to which looks better.

KrazeeStacee
07-13-2007, 11:50 PM

Bullshit. Even if it was ported over they could have fixed the graphic issues these games have on the PS3, especially since its such an outstanding piece of hardware. :rolleyes:

If you think the 360 is the worst of the three then you must have not played a Wii or PS3. Do you own a PS3? What games do you actually play on it to be such a fan?

KrazeeStacee
07-13-2007, 11:51 PM
The thing is, game programmers have had an extra year to get the feel for the X-Box 360 hardware. They were releasing second-gen games when the PS3 was releasing its first generation. Compare the games for the PS3 that come out at the end of this year/start of next year to more recent X-Box titles, and we'll have a clearer answer as to which looks better.

The only reason the PS3 had a year delay was because of the Blu-ray player. I'm pretty sure developers had the programming software long before the public even saw a PS3. This is a lame excuse because there are several titles that came out within the first year of the 360 that were awesome.

Floppy Nono
07-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Bullshit. Even if it was ported over they could have fixed the graphic issues these games have on the PS3, especially since its such an outstanding piece of hardware. :rolleyes:

If you think the 360 is the worst of the three then you must have not played a Wii or PS3. Do you own a PS3? What games do you actually play on it to be such a fan?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RCGZiSP4vM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RCGZiSP4vM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

case in point, you'd think since they had extra time to work on it they'd have corrected more flaws rather than just brightening and whitewashing things. I mean it's pretty clear if you just look at the faces of the king side by side. Doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me, rather it looks more bloated and even less realistic.

KrazeeStacee
07-13-2007, 11:55 PM
http://n4g.com/News-51891.aspx

Thanks for the link but Il believe it when I see it. The guy that answered the question about Madden is actually from the NCAA game team from what I understand. I've heard other reports from E3 that claims they can't program Madden to run at 60fps on the PS3.

Either way, my whole basis that the PS3 and 360 are pretty much equal when it comes to being able to produce solid games. I just happen to think that the 360 will have a better game lineup, especially since the PS3 has lost several of its big exclusives.

KrazeeStacee
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RCGZiSP4vM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RCGZiSP4vM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

case in point, you'd think since they had extra time to work on it they'd have corrected more flaws rather than just brightening and whitewashing things. I mean it's pretty clear if you just look at the faces of the king side by side. Doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me, rather it looks more bloated and even less realistic.

Not to mention I believe the developer of Oblivion said they were also planning a patch to fix some issue on the 360 to make the graphics even smoother. I don't have the game so I don't know if they have released it yet though. Either way, I think its hilarious that people argue as much as they do about which has better graphics. The 360 has some hardware features that are better than PS3 and vice versa, its really all about the games and who handles their online better in which I think MS has the upperhand.

Floppy Nono
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
The 360 offers many excellent multimedia programs i don't believe the ps3 currently has but if Nimrod (or anyone else here, for that matter) has one i'd like to know what it offers in terms of its capabilities in that department. I'd also like to know which features the ps3 has that WEREN'T already in the works for or implemented in another next gen console but rather, are entirely unique to the ps3.

KrazeeStacee
07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
The PS3 will have HOME, which is gay as hell.

Its going to be their interface for the online system where it'll be like second life or whatever. Its going to be like the Sims and the demo of it made me laugh. It just looks like its something for kids who enjoy the Sims really. I think its funny that right now the PS3 doesn't have any type of friends list except the ones created in each individual game. I really like the way 360 handles friends list, private chat and matchmaking/joining friends games. I think the PS3 will also be ripping off the Achievement thing from 360 by using "trophies" with HOME.

I don't think the PS3 can play music while you play games like the 360 can. Can the PS3 stream media from your computer?

Mayfuck
07-14-2007, 12:12 AM
since when did krazee know abtou video games

Future Boy
07-14-2007, 12:13 AM
since she became amazee-ing

Floppy Nono
07-14-2007, 12:16 AM
The PS3 will have HOME, which is gay as hell.

Its going to be their interface for the online system where it'll be like second life or whatever. Its going to be like the Sims and the demo of it made me laugh. It just looks like its something for kids who enjoy the Sims really. I think its funny that right now the PS3 doesn't have any type of friends list except the ones created in each individual game. I really like the way 360 handles friends list, private chat and matchmaking/joining friends games. I think the PS3 will also be ripping off the Achievement thing from 360 by using "trophies" with HOME.

I don't think the PS3 can play music while you play games like the 360 can. Can the PS3 stream media from your computer?

lol they already planned to; i remember when they were advertising that their games were going to have "entitlements".

aiolia
07-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Can the PS3 stream media from your computer?
Yes.