View Full Version : question for all you beautiful netphorian women

mpp
02-13-2003, 05:22 PM
hey gals

i'm taking my gf to see romeo and juliet on valentine's day and out to a nice dinner (easily $60 or so)

do i still need to get roses and chocolate??

scouse_dave
02-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by mpp
(easily $60 or so)LOL

you're a joker

BlueStar
02-13-2003, 05:25 PM
No, you don't need to get roses or chocolate. Is she the type that likes flowers? Showing up with a single rose or something couldn't hurt.

mpp
02-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar
No, you don't need to get roses or chocolate. Is she the type that likes flowers? Showing up with a single rose or something couldn't hurt.

i mean, yeah she likes flowers, who doesn't??

but i'm taking her to zwan and i bought her so much cool shit for xmas and i'm just a little low on cash to be spending so fucking much all the time...

hereisnowhy
02-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Valentine's Day is stupid. What the hell is the point of gifts that are given out of some obscure sense of obligation?

KrazeeStacee
02-13-2003, 06:13 PM
just get her a single yellow rose, shouldn't be that much more.

jczeroman
02-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy
Valentine's Day is stupid. What the hell is the point of gifts that are given out of some obscure sense of obligation?

So true, me and my girlfriend refuse to celebrate it. It is a total comercial holiday.

BlueStar
02-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by mpp

i mean, yeah she likes flowers, who doesn't??

but i'm taking her to zwan and i bought her so much cool shit for xmas and i'm just a little low on cash to be spending so fucking much all the time...

Don't worry about not spending tons of money on her. If you're worried about it, just say to her that you are really short on cash right now.

For me, I'm not big on flowers since I regard them as things that are just going to die. So while I think a single rose or some small arrangement is a nice gesture, I think dropping $50 on a bouquet of roses is stupid (the money could be better spent on something more lasting and more original).

Random Female
02-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Being completely honest, ask yourself if she is materialistic and considers getting gifts as important. if you say yes, and I'd say that most women fiti nto this category, then you should just get a damn flower or something. Of course, there are a few supah-cool women who see the bigger picture and understand that that kinda thing is quite trivial in lieu of the other things you've done for her.

To be honest, I was with a guy for 9 months who, in the entire time we dated, didn't give me a "gift" once.. not even a flower for v-day or something for my birthday. But he was always generous in other ways - paying for dinner and movies occasionally etc and being an all-around good guy that i didn't give a damn.

Best Looking Boy
02-13-2003, 07:17 PM
You lonely bastards take shit too seriously. Once again, killtheyouth gets the http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

KrazeeStacee
02-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Random Female
Being completely honest, ask yourself if she is materialistic and considers getting gifts as important. if you say yes, and I'd say that most women fiti nto this category, then you should just get a damn flower or something. Of course, there are a few supah-cool women who see the bigger picture and understand that that kinda thing is quite trivial in lieu of the other things you've done for her.

To be honest, I was with a guy for 9 months who, in the entire time we dated, didn't give me a "gift" once.. not even a flower for v-day or something for my birthday. But he was always generous in other ways - paying for dinner and movies occasionally etc and being an all-around good guy that i didn't give a damn.

I dunno, but I don't think that just because I enjoy getting a flower once in a while really makes me materialistic.