View Full Version : For those of you who think Adore is a masterpiece...

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
...please shut the fuck up ok? I hate that fucking album.

On the other, I love Machina II, wich is often refered as a bad album here. I think it's one of the Pumpkins best effort, because it's raw and it's got nice drumming.

I'm not going to say such childish things as "Go kill yourself fucker" evry time someone says he doesnt like it.

So please shut up about it and stop being an ass. You're just insecure about what you like and it shows.

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
i am insecure about what i like, is this because of adore? man.

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Nobody gives a flying fuck what you think about Adore, so YOU shut the fuck up!

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
With 17,008 posts on netphoria, you're probably insecure about having a life.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Nobody gives a flying fuck what you think about Adore, so YOU shut the fuck up!

Nobody gives a flying fuck about the fact that you think that nobody gives a flying fuck what I think about Adore and that I should shut the fuck up. So YOU shut the fuck up!

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
yes, what is your point?

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Nobody gives a flying fuck about the fact that you think that nobody gives a flying fuck what I think about Adore and that I should shut the fuck up. So YOU shut the fuck up!
fucking idiot trolls

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
yes, what is your point?

Point = none. This is Internet, not something serious.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
fucking idiot trolls

Hahaha.

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Please ban me. PLEASE! I'm trying so hard.

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
this is a fucking serious discussion to me, as i'm the one with 17 000 posts

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
this is a fucking serious discussion to me, as i'm the one with 17 000 posts

Does that give you the power to ban me?

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Can anyone ban me from the Internet?

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
If you honestly honestly honestly dislike Adore than you seriously need to sit down with the album and put it on in a quiet, peaceful scenario with the lyrics book in front of you and experience the whole thing from start to finish, because there simply is no way you can dislike it. Unless you are a neanderthal frat boy piece of shit who just WNTS tO roCK TOG EEEK USSA!!!!

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
If you honestly honestly honestly dislike Adore than you seriously need to sit down with the album and put it on in a quiet, peaceful scenario with the lyrics book in front of you and experience the whole thing from start to finish, because there simply is no way you can dislike it. Unless you are a neanderthal frat boy piece of shit who just WNTS tO roCK TOG EEEK USSA!!!!

I'm pretty sure my "quiet music" culture is more vast than yours.

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Does that give you the power to ban me?
Absolutely, but I won't go through with it. There's only one person with the power to keep you from the internet and that's yourself.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Absolutely, but I won't go through with it. There's only one person with the power to keep you from the internet and that's yourself.

I almost cried reading that. Maybe you could write lyrics with Billy?

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm being serious. Just find some other hobbies if it's really becoming a problem for you. Stay away from the internet for a week to start with.

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure my "quiet music" culture is more vast than yours.

Alright almighty master of the quiet, fill me to the brim with your knowledge. What other soft music do you indulge in that is so much better than Adore?

Ihaman
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
del.

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
the kid clearly wants to get banned, the thread itself is ridiculous

cucumber arent you the same guy as themoth? we did establish this right?

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Alright almighty master of the quiet, fill me to the brim with your knowledge. What other soft music do you indulge in that is so much better than Adore?

Well, even though I don't feel like I have to answer here's a couple bands/singers.

Joanna Newsom
Liars
Menomena
The Rosebuds
Vashti Bunyan
Do Make Say Think
Band of Horses
Grizzly Bear
Mew

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
you're making it harder for yourself now, you know.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
you're making it harder for yourself now, you know.

What are you talking about?

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
what do you think i am talking about?

monkeyfritters
not to argue with a troll but adore is kind of better than those bands.

jamesey

On the other, I love Machina II, wich is often refered as a bad album here. I think it's one of the Pumpkins best effort, because it's raw and it's got nice drumming.

I'm not going to say such childish things as "Go kill yourself fucker" evry time someone says he doesnt like it.

So please shut up about it and stop being an ass. You're just insecure about what you like and it shows.

if pumpkin fans cared what anyone else thought, we wouldnt be pumpkin fans. you stfu untroo fan!

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 07:13 PM
not to argue with a troll but adore is kind of better than those bands.

You lost all your credibility when I saw your post count.

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, even though I don't feel like I have to answer here's a couple bands/singers.

Joanna Newsom
Liars
Menomena
The Rosebuds
Vashti Bunyan
Do Make Say Think
Band of Horses
Grizzly Bear
Mew

your bands suck and you suck as a person

Chuck=Zero
06-06-2007, 07:14 PM

On behalf of Netphoria, I apologize for the fact we all don't think exactly like you. Don't cry on this messageboard, cry to yourself.

monkeyfritters
06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
You lost all your credibility when I saw your post count.

that stings coming from you.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I love you all. You're all so protective of Adore. It's incredibly cute.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
But Machina II is better.

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
its not about adore its about no one caring what some 12 year old troll thinks about anything, faggot!

medellia
06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
joanna newsom sounds like a bag of dying cats. if you like her, you probably need your head checked.

Boseph
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
joanna newsom sounds like a bag of dying cats. if you like her, you probably need your head checked.

Funny, a lot of people would probably say the exact same thing about BC.

Joanna Newsom is incredible.

Shapan
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
this thread is so silly.

so what if people like adore? just let it go. how are you talking about insecurity when you make a thread like this.

smashingjj
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
What's really important is that there are people who are spending too much time at the internet, and Flaming Cucumber is one of them.

Mablak
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Everyone knows joanna newsom is awesome. Anyway can someone ban flamingcucumber? sppunk? Trolls should be required to put a little effort into their work, this is really pathetic.

sosnumculfer
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
adore isn't a masterpiece but it's my favorite but i really like mII.
the production or lack there of and the fact its internet only gives it this lost treasure quality,
this sort of world that might or might not be real. its neat. that sounded dumb.

but adore is just beautiful. most of it. and it's better.

i hate joanna's lyrics. but thats not a bad list of artists.

medellia
06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Everyone knows joanna newsom is awesome. Anyway can someone ban flamingcucumber? sppunk? Trolls should be required to put a little effort into their work, this is really pathetic.

'everyone knows' 'everyone knows' 'everyone knows'; probably a handful of people genuinely enjoy her music and the friends of those handful scratch their heads and pretend (even to themselves) to like her -- but she's grating & it's all bullshit fairy stoner lyrics. in 3 years her name will be forgotten; she's a new psych folk gimmick and nothing more.

Mayfuck
06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
sonofcumsniffer really has his priorities in gear.

FlamingCucumber
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
sonofcumsniffer

Hahahaha. I actually laughed out loud reading that.

mpp
06-06-2007, 08:01 PM
i'd say adore is almost a masterpiece

it was so different than gish, sd, and mcis (more different than any of those albums were from one another)

Shapan
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Total Posts: 17,020 (6.47 posts per day)
Total Posts: 71 (9.59 posts per day)

you're still a loser, loser.

Effloresce
06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
We're insecure for liking Adore? Huh?

If anyone is insecure, it's you, based on your first post in this thread. Lighten up.

buttercup
06-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm just a childish ass who would like you to shut the fuck up and go kill yourself, fucker.

Starla
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Can we *please* cull the board of some of these pos 10 year olds??

davin
06-06-2007, 08:56 PM
JIMMY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
repetitive, lifeless, synthetic looped drums!!!!!!

http://www.fukuzoom.net/images/2/008.jpg

zebramask
06-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Jimmy looks ready to murder :cool:

The Everlasting Radio
06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Adore is my favorite Pumpkins album.

2=7
06-06-2007, 10:30 PM
did Courtney say that Billy 'came out' on Adore? just curious?

I always thought 'but for the grace of love' sounded like 'butt f*ck the grace of love'

and then there was something about a 'pretty boy dive'... isnt that a bar of some type? heh

Gossamer
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
The sad part about this thread is that the original poster probably isn't even a troll.

Just a dumbass with bad taste.

Revenant
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Crawl back into yr hole and listen to Adore again with the headphones on.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:03 PM
also fall in love and then break up and listen to Perfect... and in the meantime get really really really drunk and listen to Behold, Martha, and Blank on vinyl

for reals

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Guys, I feel a little bad. This is the second negative response thread I have caused in two days. First I said In My Body was good and we got the 10 worst SP songs thread in response, and then I went into that thread and told FlamingCucumber to die or something because he doesn't like Adore, hence this thread.

Having said this, Adore is better than any of the artists he named and he can eat a bag of dicks. I thought maybe he was going to tell me that he loves the Cure or something and Adore is a sub par derivative of them, or you know, something that least makes sense, but instead, he compares Adore to artists that are in no way like it at all.

hummer26
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM
totally agree with the poster here, adore is a terrible album. I think the people on here who claim to like it......these people would like anything billy corgan puts out. They also "like" adore in order to show their "deep" side. The people who like adore have poor taste .....this album tanked......people with good taste thought it sucked. 9 out of 10 pumpkins fans are gone because of that album. This was a total hearbreaker of an album for a fan of sp at the time. I have recently gotten over it and feel that sp is prolific as hell and have plenty of other tunes to keep me occupied. But yes machina 2 had some good songs and is better than adore. Original poster....you are correct.

And to the guy who made the geek usa....frat boy comment? I was in a frat and hell ya that is one of my fav songs. I am proud of not being a nerd with 19,000 posts.....claiming to like some piece of crap cd just so I can come off as a deep and spiritual person.

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
totally agree with the poster here, adore is a terrible album. I think the people on here who claim to like it......these people would like anything billy corgan puts out. They also "like" adore in order to show their "deep" side. The people who like adore have poor taste .....this album tanked......people with good taste thought it sucked. 9 out of 10 pumpkins fans are gone because of that album. This was a total hearbreaker of an album for a fan of sp at the time. I have recently gotten over it and feel that sp is prolific as hell and have plenty of other tunes to keep me occupied. But yes machina 2 had some good songs and is better than adore. Original poster....you are correct.

And to the guy who made the geek usa....frat boy comment? I was in a frat and hell ya that is one of my fav songs. I am proud of not being a nerd with 19,000 posts.....claiming to like some piece of crap cd just so I can come off as a deep and spiritual person.

Answer honestly now, are you a troll or just the biggest fuckhead in the entire world, hmm?

Edit: Maybe the Pumpkins aren't the right band for you guys. May I suggest the following: Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Hinder.

Edit Edit: Your post actually offended me so I have more to say. You fucking go die now. Adore is the most acheingly beautiful thing I have ever heard in my entire life. It is tragic, it is dark and invigorating, it is life-affirming and groundbreaking. It is an embrace of sadness and it obviously contains more meaning than you will ever be able to draw from a piece of music. Fuck off caveman.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
go wash your vagina

ordinary apathy
06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Jimmy looks ready to murder

Agreed. I never saw that pic before. Awesome.

did Courtney say that Billy 'came out' on Adore? just curious?

Never heard that. Even if she did, I don't really consider Courtney Love a reliable source of info.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:09 PM
you think hes not?

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:11 PM
totally agree with the poster here, adore is a terrible album. I think the people on here who claim to like it......these people would like anything billy corgan puts out. They also "like" adore in order to show their "deep" side. The people who like adore have poor taste

Its a matter of opinion - both my feelings towards the album and your feelings towards anyone that likes the album.

I have grown to really like it. It's not my favorite - I'd definetely listen to SD and MCIS before I'd listen to it - but it has a time and a place.

And to the comment about people liking it just because they like everything from Billy - fuck that.

TFE was god awful. Zwan had it's terrible moments. And the last time I checked, he had a pretty big part in the development of both of them.

undersco_red
06-06-2007, 11:11 PM

Joanna Newsom
Liars
Menomena
The Rosebuds
Vashti Bunyan
Do Make Say Think
Band of Horses
Grizzly Bear
Mew
man are you queer or something.

hummer26
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
not a troll, huge sp fan of 90 to 97 material. You know the group that used instruments....not electronic beatboxes you douchebag. If this album is so great why did it tank and why arent any singles of that cd ever playing on the radio? Why is it that everytime I talk to someone about pumpkins they reference that shitty electro record.....and how they lost interest after that. You and your 8 buddies on netphoria are the only ones who like adore. Get over it. There is a reason why sd and mcis era songs continue to play on the radio.........THERE IS ALSO A REASON WHY NO GROUPS ARE DOING A COVER OF AN ADORE SONG ON THE TRIBUTE ALBUM. NOBODY IS PAYING TRIBUTE TO THAT CRAP.

NOW GO PUT SOME EYELINER ON AND LISTEN TO SOME GOTH MUSIC.....FREAK YOUR PARENTS AND EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW OUT WITH YOUR GOTH REBELLIOUSNESS................................

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Its a matter of opinion - both my feelings towards the album and your feelings towards anyone that likes the album.

I have grown to really like it. It's not my favorite - I'd definetely listen to SD and MCIS before I'd listen to it - but it has a time and a place.

And to the comment about people liking it just because they like everything from Billy - fuck that.

TFE was god awful. Zwan had it's terrible moments. And the last time I checked, he had a pretty big part in the development of both of them.

After giving it a fair chance I came to like TFE a lot. I CANNOT get into MSOTS though, no matter how many times I listen to it. It's like Cheap Trick or something. And I like Cheap Trick, but it...

I just can't get it. Sorry.

ordinary apathy
06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
you think hes not?

I don't really care, and it's not something I would want to debate. My point was just that I personally wouldn't take anything Courtney Love said about SP too seriously, whether it was about Billy's sexuality or the lineup or the new album or whatever.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I just laugh how 99% of the posts avoid the drugs and sex in the pumpkins.

dalolzolz i say

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
not a troll, huge sp fan of 90 to 97 material. You know the group that used instruments....not electronic beatboxes you douchebag. If this album is so great why did it tank and why arent any singles of that cd ever playing on the radio? Why is it that everytime I talk to someone about pumpkins they reference that shitty electro record.....and how they lost interest after that. You and your 8 buddies on netphoria are the only ones who like adore. Get over it. There is a reason why sd and mcis era songs continue to play on the radio.........THERE IS ALSO A REASON WHY NO GROUPS ARE DOING A COVER OF AN ADORE SONG ON THE TRIBUTE ALBUM. NOBODY IS PAYING TRIBUTE TO THAT CRAP.

NOW GO PUT SOME EYELINER ON AND LISTEN TO SOME GOTH MUSIC.....FREAK YOUR PARENTS AND EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW OUT WITH YOUR GOTH REBELLIOUSNESS................................

Who gives a fuck if it tanked or if your ass pounding buddies don't like it or if it isn't being covered on the tribute album (should I put that in all caps?).

I didn't say it was great. I said I liked it. I don't need what others say is great, or what other bands are covering, or what your dumbfuck buddies are listening to as a filter to what I should listen to or what I should enjoy listening to.

ordinary apathy
06-06-2007, 11:20 PM
THERE IS ALSO A REASON WHY NO GROUPS ARE DOING A COVER OF AN ADORE SONG ON THE TRIBUTE ALBUM. NOBODY IS PAYING TRIBUTE TO THAT CRAP.

Um, Test Your Reflex is doing Ava Adore.

redbreegull

Alright my proto-human friend, by your logic I guess Britney Spears and NSync are the greatest bands of the 90s since they sold just about the most records and got the most radio play. Yes, you are entirely correct. The more people listen to a band, the better that band is. Nickelback and MCR are the fucking greatest bands since like, ever, totally! Like wow, Adore sucks because it wasn't mainstream friendly. Man, it makes me so angry that Billy Corgan couldn't continue to write rock songs along the same formula forever and ever. Gosh, everyone knows the only good music around has tons of distorted guitar and screaming. Fuck you bitch.

Shapan
those bands are pretty good, doesnt take away from the retarded posts

ltoolio
After giving it a fair chance I came to like TFE a lot. I CANNOT get into MSOTS though, no matter how many times I listen to it. It's like Cheap Trick or something. And I like Cheap Trick, but it...

I just can't get it. Sorry.

I can't get into either as well....I think there is just a lesser possibiliyt that I will ever be able to get into TFE (although I did like Camera Eye) than I will MSOTS.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:22 PM
go wash billys vagina

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
I can't get into either as well....I think there is just a lesser possibiliyt that I will ever be able to get into TFE (although I did like Camera Eye) than I will MSOTS.

Yeah. It's not even that I don't like the MSOTS songs (although Come With Me is the shittiest piece of garbage Corgan has ever written, I swear), I just can't get into them.

Gossamer

Joanna Newsom
Liars
Menomena
The Rosebuds
Vashti Bunyan
Do Make Say Think
Band of Horses
Grizzly Bear
Mew

Somebody reads way too much pitchfork.

KurtsOtherKid

"You know the group that used instruments....not electronic beatboxes you douchebag...." This album made me want to learn how to play the piano. There is some great guitar work in there also.

"If this album is so great why did it tank and why arent any singles of that cd ever playing on the radio?" Huh? Oh yeah, I hear Gish singles on the radio all day. Shut up.

"You and your 8 buddies on netphoria are the only ones who like adore. Get over it." I'm number nine.

"GO PUT SOME EYELINER ON AND LISTEN TO SOME GOTH MUSIC.....FREAK YOUR PARENTS AND EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW OUT WITH YOUR GOTH REBELLIOUSNESS................................"

Go put on your alumni gear and listen to some Gary Glitter you dumb frat boy fuck. Christ I hope you are a troll and not this dumb.

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:25 PM
go wash billys vagina

12.5% of your posts reference vaginas. You sure you are on the right message boards? Maybe something along the line of this:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=2812026

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 11:25 PM
This thread has me on lollerskates.

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah. It's not even that I don't like the MSOTS songs (although Come With Me is the shittiest piece of garbage Corgan has ever written, I swear), I just can't get into them.

Over Heartsong?

Fattening Ass
06-06-2007, 11:27 PM
good album

hummer26
06-06-2007, 11:27 PM
"You know the group that used instruments....not electronic beatboxes you douchebag...." This album made me want to learn how to play the piano. There is some great guitar work in there also.

"If this album is so great why did it tank and why arent any singles of that cd ever playing on the radio?" Huh? Oh yeah, I hear Gish singles on the radio all day. Shut up.

"You and your 8 buddies on netphoria are the only ones who like adore. Get over it." I'm number nine.

"GO PUT SOME EYELINER ON AND LISTEN TO SOME GOTH MUSIC.....FREAK YOUR PARENTS AND EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW OUT WITH YOUR GOTH REBELLIOUSNESS................................"

Go put on your alumni gear and listen to some Gary Glitter you dumb frat boy fuck. Christ I hope you are a troll and not this dumb.

I'm confused.....I hate adore NOT gish...gish is awesome....so what is your point if you hear singles of that cd all day on the radio?

I am not a troll....I am expressing how bad this "album" is.

If corgan wanted to make shit .....he could have tacked this onto MSOTS and made a double disc.........save the pumpkins name. Now I am getting to that other morons post.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:28 PM
--
--

dude.. "flashlights in the hall, no call" thats a pretty clever line about cell phones if you as me, even tho you didnt.

there is a Paris show (zomb torrent) of an acoustic Zwan set which I truely believe is right up there with Nirvana and AIC unplugged.

it has Love Lies in Ruin, Riverview, and all that great shit that didnt make the album. Corgan even hums along with the Honestly solo very much like Pink Floyd's wish you were here. fucking tight shit man.

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Over Heartsong?

Ah. You got me.

runnersdialzero
06-06-2007, 11:29 PM

a solid point.

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
12.5% of your posts reference vaginas. You sure you are on the right message boards? Maybe something along the line of this:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=2812026

says the Golden Girl

go wash Bee Arthur's vagina

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm confused.....I hate adore NOT gish...gish is awesome....so what is your point if you hear singles of that cd all day on the radio?

Dude..you are fucking stupid. Not confused.

His point is that he doesn't hear Gish singles on the radio each day. Does that mean that it is shitty.

redbreegull

I am not a troll....I am expressing how bad this "album" is.

If corgan wanted to make shit .....he could have tacked this onto MSOTS and made a double disc.........save the pumpkins name. Now I am getting to that other morons post.

This is a troll, it is beyond the ability of a human to unwittingly formulate such an idiotic answer.

KurtsOtherKid
Well, one way you were trying to support Adore's "tanking" was by saying radio never plays their singles.
So using that same logic, Gish tanked/still is tanking as well, no?

hummer26
Alright my proto-human friend, by your logic I guess Britney Spears and NSync are the greatest bands of the 90s since they sold just about the most records and got the most radio play. Yes, you are entirely correct. The more people listen to a band, the better that band is. Nickelback and MCR are the fucking greatest bands since like, ever, totally! Like wow, Adore sucks because it wasn't mainstream friendly. Man, it makes me so angry that Billy Corgan couldn't continue to write rock songs along the same formula forever and ever. Gosh, everyone knows the only good music around has tons of distorted guitar and screaming. Fuck you bitch.

I am going to set you straight now. I am not talking about mainstream teenbops....sd and mcis sold millions of albums.....sd 4 & mcis 10 or so since its double disc. Adore barely went platinum meaning 80 percent of the PUMPKINS fans (not teenbop loving brit spears fans) did NOT buy adore. The pumpkins had a huge following in the mid 90s and for 80 percent of their own fanbase to neglect an album.....that is saying something. My point here is that pumpkins fans hated this album.....I dont care about the masses.......but trust me they didnt like it either.

I am not a trolll......a former frat guy yes.....a lover of pumpkins early era music yes. I just dont like adore.

runnersdialzero
06-06-2007, 11:33 PM

Joanna Newsom
Liars
Menomena
The Rosebuds
Vashti Bunyan
Do Make Say Think
Band of Horses
Grizzly Bear
Mew

not bad but not great. mogwai (come on die young), sigur ros (svefn g englar ep), stars of the lid (tired sounds of stars of the lid), boards of canada (campfire headphase), bonnie prince billy (the letting go)

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
says the Golden Girl

go wash Bee Arthur's vagina

Well done. Up to 17%.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=3015887

KurtsOtherKid
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
"My point here is that pumpkins fans hated this album"

Dude. C'mon now. Quit while you can please.

darcyismybass
06-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Somebody reads way too much pitchfork.

Agreed. I for one tend to prefer artists with some kind of lasting quality...not people like that who will be forgotten in a year and a half.

ltoolio
06-06-2007, 11:38 PM
"My point here is that pumpkins fans hated this album"

Dude. C'mon now. Quit while you can please.

Nah. Let him keep going. It's like a car crash.

Gossamer
06-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I am going to set you straight now. I am not talking about mainstream teenbops....sd and mcis sold millions of albums.....sd 4 & mcis 10 or so since its double disc. Adore barely went platinum meaning 80 percent of the PUMPKINS fans (not teenbop loving brit spears fans) did NOT buy adore. The pumpkins had a huge following in the mid 90s and for 80 percent of their own fanbase to neglect an album.....that is saying something. My point here is that pumpkins fans hated this album.....I dont care about the masses.......but trust me they didnt like it either.

I am not a trolll......a former frat guy yes.....a lover of pumpkins early era music yes. I just dont like adore.

Actually I am going to set you straight.
I'm not going to trash you or anything but the argument you are using right now is completely retarded. Just because an album doesn't sell well doesn't mean it's bad...the same goes for the opposite.

Look at Linkin Park's newest album for example.
Album sales dont equal quality.

Billy changed the sound of the band for Adore.
People hate/fear change.

Okay maybe you don't like the album...that's fine, I honestly couldn't give 2 shits, 3 shits even...all I know is that I love Adore and I think it's a great record. Go listen to For Martha or Behold! The Night Mare again in the dark by yourself and tell me those are not amazing songs.
Adore is a very interesting album and it has a lot of cool stuff going on.

To each his own I guess.

Shapan
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
not bad but not great. mogwai (come on die young), sigur ros (svefn g englar ep), stars of the lid (tired sounds of stars of the lid), boards of canada (campfire headphase), bonnie prince billy (the letting go)

not bad but not great insert 10 more indie bands here

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:44 PM
shapan... u listen to Jonesy's Jukebox?

kingy
06-06-2007, 11:45 PM

Whats your favourite song from the Avalon boot? you know that early pumpkins era boot with the dull repeating drum machine loops like Adore? I totally dig that 80's goth pop sorta sound in songs like There it goes and Snap.

I don't understand people saying adore is a really electronic album, a few songs like Ava Adore, Perfect and Appels and Oranjes granted but most of the gems on that album are more acoustic or lowkey like To Sheila, For Martha, Behold, etc.

whiteskwirl
06-06-2007, 11:46 PM

I believe Adore sold about a million in the states and 2 million overseas. That would make it triple platinum. Sounds pretty good to me.

hummer26
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I am bored with this thread.....my point is not getting through to you and yours is not getting through to me. New album has promise so I will look forward to it.

By the way.....the good songs on adore IMO are tear, pug, for martha......couple other ok songs but my comparisons of these songs are relative to prior sp. So relatively I dont see them as even good. I would still listen to a few of these songs over fallout boy anyday of the week....

are you guys into radiohead ok computer?

2=7
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
fallout boy? uh oh

Shapan
06-06-2007, 11:59 PM
shapan... u listen to Jonesy's Jukebox?

nah, i only heard the billy interview. what about?

kingy
06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
You didn't answer my question bout early era pumpkins. Playing without a drummer and having goth elements was a huge part of the very early pumpkins... kinda like adore.

I don't think Adore is the most amazing album ever but its damn good and better than both Machinas IMO.

hummer26
06-07-2007, 12:07 AM
By the sounds of that I would not have liked it.....I am familiar with early sp cds and bsides.....not to the point where I have heard billys garage tapes from when he was 17. I know he was in some goth band the marked.......im not into that scene and would not like it.

half of why I love the pumpkins is chamberlains drumming.....and I am not into goth music and cannot identify with the way people dress or act in that goth culture.

2=7
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
nah, i only heard the billy interview. what about?

yr in LA is all.. figured youd be lisnin to it. best raido available imo

Gossamer
06-07-2007, 12:20 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: GOTHS!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

thurston
06-07-2007, 12:44 AM
haha, that's really fucking ignorant. someone telling other people not to voice their opinion because they dont agree...

Dogfighter28
06-07-2007, 12:46 AM
did someone say... PITCHFORK? *gets boner*

Corgan Rules
06-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Adore Rules!!

COG
06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
This thread made we want to go listen to adore, which is what I'm doing right now. I'm listening to adore, which is my favorite album. Yes, favorite album, period. Deal with it.

If you don't like it, that's cool, but I don't understand how you could completely hate it.

You cool kids who don't use this internet so often, and are experts on what albums rock your cocks super hard, please enlighten us gothic computer savvy self hating faggots with poor taste in music as to what your favorite albums are, as they are surely not adore.

chris1979
06-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Adore is my absolute favourite, followed by Machina. And if you think that album sales have something to do with musical quality, you should better listen to Justin Timberlake because he is selling a lot of 'em.

aztec litany service
06-07-2007, 03:15 AM
pointless

Peter Gabriel m
06-07-2007, 04:48 AM
I did not like Adore when it first came out, I think I asked for it for christmas or my birthday or something, I was probably like 14 or 15 when I got it. I don't think I got the music at that point and put the album away for something like 5 years. Since then I feel that I relate to the music much more and now it holds more meaning for me, I treasure the album quite a bit.

areyougaffney?
06-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Anyone who doesn't like Adore isn't worth offending. Their life is already miserable and meaningless as they are missing out on a truly great and beautiful album.

Oh and by the way if you don't like Adore you're a prick.

panopticon
06-07-2007, 06:39 AM

In the words of Rocklobster, go eat a bag of dicks. You state you wont be childish yet ask people to shut up and stop being an ass.

That my friends is ContraDIC(K)tion

Rockin' Cherub
06-07-2007, 06:54 AM
this thread is so great

mpp
06-07-2007, 07:00 AM
i will say this: when i listen to adore, i almost always skip the first 3 songs (blasphemy!)

to shelia can get me in teh adore mood, but it's too slow for me sometimes

but when daphne cranks up...man, it's on

Rockin' Cherub
06-07-2007, 07:02 AM
you have some shitty opinions on music mpp

there i said it

Rockin' Cherub
06-07-2007, 07:03 AM
your point being?

Rockin' Cherub
06-07-2007, 07:05 AM
i'm going to make a post using runnersdialzero logic

Rockin' Cherub
06-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Box, toaster, aluminium, maple syrup.....no i take that one back im gunna hold onto that one!

theFoulLasagna
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
this is the best thread ever!

Shapan
06-07-2007, 09:27 AM
one of these days ill have as many posts as you

god damn my sleeping patterns have been destroyed

Shapan
06-07-2007, 09:31 AM
how do you know im not some high profile netphorian's troll

OR HOW DO I KNOW IM NOT YOUR TROLL

ps fuck you radiohead rules

Caine Walker
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
dammit, i always miss the heat of threads like this!

spidrr
06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
To sort of bring it back to the topic here...

the ONLY thing I hate about Adore is the extremely cheesey electronic drumming. It only works on Pug, but the others that have electronic drums just sound like crap to me. Maybe im more of a fan of people playing the actual instruments...i dunno.

And Appels + Oranjes? Cmon..this song is just plain crap.

smashingjj
06-07-2007, 11:11 AM
i like how he called Liars 'quiet music'

smashingjj
06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
which is a fairly great genre to start with

i hear john cage had a knack for this

Caine Walker
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
http://web.missouri.edu/~kahvc7/art/jan2004/mk1.jpg

you know you were askin' for this, right?

astrosfan719
06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
My man Flaming Cucumber!

What's up!!!!!!

Damn, Adore does suck cock!

Liffey
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Adore is a great album...but then again...only Gish is worse.

starlaluna
06-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Adore is my absolute favourite, followed by Machina. And if you think that album sales have something to do with musical quality, you should better listen to Justin Timberlake because he is selling a lot of 'em.

please reply in the thread:
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=142251

Shapan
06-07-2007, 12:10 PM
My man Flaming Cucumber!

What's up!!!!!!

you might be the biggest tool this board has ever seen

Gossamer
06-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Nah man.

He definitely is.

ltoolio
06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
My man Flaming Cucumber!

What's up!!!!!!

Is it surprising that he chimed in with a response like that?

redbreegull
06-07-2007, 11:17 PM

You do understand that you measure a band's real fan base by how many units of the least successful record were sold, and not the most successful? SHIT LOADS of trendies and casual listeners picked up SD and MCIS. Only real fans bought Machina. So. That's that. Your logic is flawed again.

Zandoz
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
I never liked Adore. And no, it didn't have to have 100033 guitar tracks and screamy vocals all through it. It just didn't do anything for me. I love Ava Adore and Pug. And that's about it. It's a cold, dead album to me, no feeling at all.

redbreegull
06-08-2007, 01:50 AM
I never liked Adore. And no, it didn't have to have 100033 guitar tracks and screamy vocals all through it. It just didn't do anything for me. I love Ava Adore and Pug. And that's about it. It's a cold, dead album to me, no feeling at all.

Like I suggested before, seriously listen to this album. Not casually. Like the way you would read a book. Clear everything else from your mind, get out the lyrics, and go thru the whole thing. ITZ WILL CHANGE UR LIFS@!!

caliphornia
06-08-2007, 01:55 AM
god i can't stand radiohead. i use to love them though. i don't think i'll ever listen to them again. eck.

Shapan
06-08-2007, 01:58 AM
no

redbreegull
06-08-2007, 02:03 AM
BTW guys I just realized with all this talk of Radiohead, Creep is a direct ripoff of The Air That I Breathe by the Hollies. omgz!

ChrisChiasson
06-08-2007, 02:04 AM

++

2=7
06-08-2007, 03:05 AM
To sort of bring it back to the topic here...

the ONLY thing I hate about Adore is the extremely cheesey electronic drumming. It only works on Pug, but the others that have electronic drums just sound like crap to me. Maybe im more of a fan of people playing the actual instruments...i dunno.

And Appels + Oranjes? Cmon..this song is just plain crap.

you know syd barret? the dude kicked out of pink floyd? he had a track way back in the day called Apples and Oranges. Possibly an entire album but I think just a track. The other Pink Floyd guys complained that eventually on tour Syd Barret would be trippin balls on stage and just playing one single note constantly throughout every song. So you can guess where the solos for Behold and Martha came from.. that is of course if you think about this shit that much... though I have come to believe most of you dont. Most of you just like to use words liek 'obsure' and 'seventeen' out of place to sound cool. Do you do that in everyday life or just on these boards? Just kidding, I already know.

anyways. adore really isnt all that electronic. It is a drum machine but also merged with live drums throughout. If you played drums yourself youd realize.

there is an amazing Adore docu here>
http://www.thepumpkins.net/

reprise85
06-08-2007, 03:51 AM
you know syd barret? the dude kicked out of pink floyd? he had a track way back in the day called Apples and Oranges. Possibly an entire album but I think just a track. The other Pink Floyd guys complained that eventually on tour Syd Barret would be trippin balls on stage and just playing one single note constantly throughout every song. So you can guess where the solos for Behold and Martha came from.. that is of course if you think about this shit that much... though I have come to believe most of you dont. Most of you just like to use words liek 'obsure' and 'seventeen' out of place to sound cool. Do you do that in everyday life or just on these boards? Just kidding, I already know.

anyways. adore really isnt all that electronic. It is a drum machine but also merged with live drums throughout. If you played drums yourself youd realize.

there is an amazing Adore docu here>
http://www.thepumpkins.net/

Thank you, o wise one... may we all learn to think deeply about the pumpkins like you. That Pink Floyd thing is just crazy... crazy, crazy, crazy.
I don't usually like to post useless garbage, but I've been saving up for a really obsure thread and/or post... this works for both. I was trying to be post seventeen or 33 but oh well, rawk on...
damn I sound cool.

On a side note, there seems to be an abundance of good Adore documentaries. And for the record, I approve. Also I've been up all night listening to Adore. This may explain my mood.

db1974
06-08-2007, 04:26 AM

fuck you

Shapan
06-08-2007, 05:36 AM
fuck you

hummer26
06-08-2007, 06:48 AM

are you fucking serious? I really hope so you douche bag. why dont you take your adore album and shove it up your ass along with your manson cds and radiohead ok computer cd......you must be goth.......TYPE O NEGATIVE RULES!

davin
06-08-2007, 09:20 AM

c'mon, everyone knows Johhny Cage never takes off his sunglasses....and where are the green shadows from his kick move? ;)

waltermcphilp
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM
c'mon guys, billy didn't write adore so we would fight. :hug:

2=7
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Thank you, o wise one... may we all learn to think deeply about the pumpkins like you. That Pink Floyd thing is just crazy... crazy, crazy, crazy.
I don't usually like to post useless garbage, but I've been saving up for a really obsure thread and/or post... this works for both. I was trying to be post seventeen or 33 but oh well, rawk on...
damn I sound cool.

On a side note, there seems to be an abundance of good Adore documentaries. And for the record, I approve. Also I've been up all night listening to Adore. This may explain my mood.

edit: never mind

Caine Walker
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
c'mon, everyone knows Johhny Cage never takes off his sunglasses....and where are the green shadows from his kick move? ;)

i cheated and googledimaged it. :(

zsp77
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM

:rofl:

Eiki
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
are you fucking serious? I really hope so you douche bag. why dont you take your adore album and shove it up your ass along with your manson cds and radiohead ok computer cd......you must be goth.......TYPE O NEGATIVE RULES!

yeah, radiohead is definitely goth... idiot

retardovat
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM

You seem to suffer from extreme fetal alcohol syndrome.

bozo
06-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Every song on Adore (except maybe Tear, Dusty/Pete) has parts that are teh super gayz and undefendable musically. No other pumpkins album comes even close to having as much bullshit. Several potentially great songs just ruined.

Note: The troll is still wrong only because the rest of the music industry is so horrible.

Note 2: Annie-Dog isn't Adore.

Note 3: The rain falls, My friends call, Leaking rain on the phone, Take a day, plant some trees, May they shade you from me, May your children play beneath

Shapan
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah next to you ROFL!!

god damn :(

Eiki
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Every song on Adore (except maybe Tear, Dusty/Pete) has parts that are teh super gayz and undefendable musically. No other pumpkins album comes even close to having as much bullshit. Several potentially great songs just ruined.

Note: The troll is still wrong only because the rest of the music industry is so horrible.

Note 2: Annie-Dog isn't Adore.

Note 3: The rain falls, My friends call, Leaking rain on the phone, Take a day, plant some trees, May they shade you from me, May your children play beneath

what the hell are you talking about?

Reyngel
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't feel like reading this whole thread, but here's my imput:

Before Adore, I didn't care about the Pumpkins. Actually, I didn't even care about rock music. I listened mainly to classical music, jazz, soundtracks... chill stuff. Then, on the day Adore came out, my friend bought it and I listened to it. It was one of the most amazing experiences I can remember. The sonic presentation, the lyrical beauty, the dynamic fluctuations and the perfectionist touches of Billy were so vivid that it propelled me into a decade of becoming obsessed with the Pumpkins. It was a launchpad for me, too, into other types of rock, other bands, other shows. I credit Adore for all of that.

But I also credit Adore for being the best album I've ever heard. It is, indeed, a true masterpiece. It has the polish and refinement of Siamese Dream, the softness and delicate poise of Mellon Collie's fragile tracks and the overall genius that makes the Pumpkins what they are. Billy's voice, when compared to any album he's yet released, is by far the best. Lyrically, it's an incredibly emotional album. And, to top it off, the whole album doesn't even sound like a 16-track collection of similar songs, but rather one long 75-minute epic. Everything flows so perfectly, is related so well to each other, that you never notice the end of songs... it's just a rest in the composition. It truly is like a soundtrack to life's anguishes... something that everyone can relate to.

theZEITGEIST
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM

QUIT YO JIBBER JABBER!!!

Eiki
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't feel like reading this whole thread, but here's my imput:

Before Adore, I didn't care about the Pumpkins. Actually, I didn't even care about rock music. I listened mainly to classical music, jazz, soundtracks... chill stuff. Then, on the day Adore came out, my friend bought it and I listened to it. It was one of the most amazing experiences I can remember. The sonic presentation, the lyrical beauty, the dynamic fluctuations and the perfectionist touches of Billy were so vivid that it propelled me into a decade of becoming obsessed with the Pumpkins. It was a launchpad for me, too, into other types of rock, other bands, other shows. I credit Adore for all of that.

But I also credit Adore for being the best album I've ever heard. It is, indeed, a true masterpiece. It has the polish and refinement of Siamese Dream, the softness and delicate poise of Mellon Collie's fragile tracks and the overall genius that makes the Pumpkins what they are. Billy's voice, when compared to any album he's yet released, is by far the best. Lyrically, it's an incredibly emotional album. And, to top it off, the whole album doesn't even sound like a 16-track collection of similar songs, but rather one long 75-minute epic. Everything flows so perfectly, is related so well to each other, that you never notice the end of songs... it's just a rest in the composition. It truly is like a soundtrack to life's anguishes... something that everyone can relate to.

that was a beautiful review.

redbreegull
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I like how the more casual fans think Machina is much better than Adore. Jesus Christ you guys are ignorant.

davin
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
:noway:

sorry dude, but imo opinion the better song-writing does not make up for the lack of sir jimmy.

caliphornia
06-08-2007, 04:25 PM

i really hope you are joking. if not, what kind of rat-bastard psychotic are you?

idiotkid
06-08-2007, 04:47 PM

wha?

http://themot.org/gallery/d/2298-1/SeriousBusiness.jpg

Shapan
06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
i love jimmy, but adore was such a mellow album that his drums weren't missed as much. maybe in a song like ava adore, but songs like to sheila and for martha didnt need him.

obviously id prefer if jimmy was there, but this album took a tone where the drummer wasn't nearly as vital as other pumpkins records.

machina doesnt come close to adore

zsp77
06-08-2007, 09:22 PM
:noway:

sorry dude, but imo opinion the better song-writing does not make up for the lack of sir jimmy.

Agreed , but it's still got more than a few hidden gems.